It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Roll Call

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Are there any stats out there that breaks down these contracted H1N1 cases by ethnic groups?

I'm thinking a certain group of people in our society may be less susceptible to contracting this virus, and if so, why?

Maybe something in their diet that does a better job at fighting this thing called the swine flu.

I am not taking this franken-flu shot!

Sorry, I am a Ginger mutt-European (German, Swedish, Danish, Scotish, Welsh, English, French, lots of Irish) with an Asian (probably Mongol) haplogroup and markers, with a little native thrown in. So is my husband, though he's pure ancient european other than the Native. Worse, we're Canadian.

If you can derive an ethnicity off that, you deserve a medal.

We're fit, but both carry more weight than is necessary. We eat healthy, but still eat junk foods in moderation. We cook most of our own food, but still eat some packaged processed food.

In other words - we are Joe and Jane Blow with attending Blow children. We are definitely not the Droids you are looking for.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Not everyone got sick in my sister in laws household either, but everyone who did was down for the count.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
took last antibiotic treatment today... I was prescribed a Z pack and cough syrup with codeine. Coughing is still pretty bad, I still have violent painful fits, I may have to go back and get the chest x-ray like the cnp suggested. -_-'

edit: Spelling

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My folks had it last month. They are both in their late sixties and were sick for more than 2 weeks.
They didn't get antiviral traetment but recovered fine.
The doctor confirmed H1N1.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
My friend's enitire family (6 children and her husband) had the "flu" for over two weeks. All but the 2 youngest and the oldest daughter had mild cases. The oldest daughter has severe asthma and was taken to the ER, where she was given Tamiflu. She was much better the next day and recovered much more quickly than the others. She was told in the ER that she had H1N1, though they tested for nothing. The two youngest were taken to their pediatrician, told they had H1N1 without any testing, and that most likely that is what the rest of her family had as well. They were sent home with flu care instructions. Eveyone was better after two weeks.
The following week, she took her youngest in to the very same pediatrician for her 30 month check up. The Dr. told her that she should definitely get the H1N1 vaccine. My friend asked why, if she already had the virus. The Dr. told her that she had been seeing so many severe cases in young children that needed to be hospitalized, some even sent to major city hospitals in other states, that she is getting scared. And that it would be in her daughter's best interest to get the shot because it is mutating and just because she already had it doesn't mean she won't get another mutated strain that is even worse. And they just got their shipment in so she should get it while it is available. Her youngest daughter received the vaccine. There was no mention whatsoever of vaccinating the other 7 people in their household, one of which has severe asthma. So far, no one has been ill in their household.

Another friend took her two children in for their regular check ups. The pediatrician recommended the H1N1 vaccine. Both children got it. They went home, where they live with her husband, her sister, her two nieces, and their elderly father who has severe health problems and is on oxygen. Within 6 hours the youngest child who had received the vaccine had a fever of 103 and all the flu symptoms. The next morning everyone in the house had it except for the other child who had received the vaccine, the husband, and the elderly father. I haven't talked to her since she called to tell me, but will post anything new I find out.

Two weeks ago, my oldest son went for his regular check up. The doctor recommended the "seasonal" flu vaccine, which he got. There was no mention of the H1N1 vaccine. Last week, my younger son went in for his check up, the doctor told him "They are reccomending the H1N1 vaccine." My son said he didn't want it and the doctor said "ok". No mention whatsoever of the "seasonal" flu vaccine.

My mother went to her OB/GYN the other day. She asked him what he was reccomending as far as the H1N1 vaccine. He told her he thinks it is very important that pregnant women get it because so many pregnant women die when they get the flu! He is also my OB/GYN and when I was pregnant and had the flu, he wasn't concerned at all, and never once recommended any vaccines for me while pregnant. In fact, he threw a fit when I had a Tetanus shot after having to go to the ER for stitches when I was pregnant, telling me that it is always safer to get vaccines after delivery.

A dear friend was found dead in his apartment the other day. It is being kept very hush-hush. All anyone knows is that on Friday he went to the ER because he thought he had the flu. They gave him antibiotics and sent him home. He was dead on his living room floor a few hours later. He had severe health problems - diabetes, COPD, high blood pressure, etc, and hasn't been in good health for years, but we're all wondering. Purely speculation at this point. We don't know if he had any flu vaccines or not, but figure it is a good possibility because he would be one of the "high risk" people they are recommending them to. Will update anything further.

Just seems like the whole thing is speculation at this point, since they aren't even testing, just "diagnosing".

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

My fiance and I got what I think was H1N1 on September 27th. She brought it home and gave it to me.
The onset was more rapid than any flu I have had before in the past.

It starts with a dry non-productive cough, then comes in the fever after 6-8 hours which maxed out in her at 104F on the 30th and myself at 102F. This flu has severe malaise, slight nausea, but no vomiting or diarrhea. We were out of commission for a good week.

We treated it with high doses of Vitamin C, but now that I know about the onion remedy, we'll be ready next time.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well to update, Im finally back on top form My Swine flu and pneumonia have finally passed, Took almost 2 months for me to be clear but my last docs appointment last week confirmed im fully back to health,

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Asala I been following your story, I am glad that pneumonia is clear, but please take care of yourself for the rest of the cold season, remember your lungs may feel fine but they are compromised for the rest of the flu season.

Any fever even mild after total recovery and you go running to the doctor, girl.

My neighbor is still fighting the pneumonia he contracted after a cold, he is been in 4 rounds of antibiotics, now is on respirator, he is young and otherwise healthy 28 years old.

But he is a heavy smoker.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join