It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Countdown has begun?" Steve Quayle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Approach everything you hear and read with healthy skepticism.

This what I was taught.

Although one should investigate all the rumours.

As it has been so often stated that the most "unlikely" event, even though the said event may have been observed before fruition, becomes the Black Swan.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Didn't Quayle scream "Run for the hills!" last month?

::yawn::

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmaidslave
i call BS, for the 2nd time today, NO ham radio operator is gonna be able to "accidentally" listen in to Air Force1. All their communications are encoded. ALL of them. So this is major BS. we will all be safe on the 25th, everyone go back to work and pretend to work, while surfing ATS.

I wanted to add my two cents on that issue too. I used to work in radio. I had a 3rd class operator license (I was a DJ). Trust me, no ham operator is going to hear encoded data from the airforce. Now, sometimes you can hear it-in a rather strange way. Years ago my parents bought me one of those el cheapo 30 dollar CD/Radio boomboxes (oh i'm getting old). It worked fine except for one strange thing. Even if i turned the knob to the "off" position I could still hear sounds coming out of it. I would turn the volume all the way down and there would still be sound coming out. Naturally being 15 or 16 i was concerned for my mental health and after two months of this I brought it to my father. Even unplugged you could hear talking through the speakers. He took it to one of his co-workers on post (He was in the army) and sure as the morning comes they could hear it too. It was pilot chatter from the helicopters and planes flying from the base. Sometimes frequency can overlap or you can just get overflow. That's why radio stations have power limits. Years ago during the CB craze it got so bad people could hear CB chatter through their stove top burners. I doubt a ham radio operator heard that kind of stuff but i just wanted to say that not all encoded radio transmission is foolproof.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Wow, you really know how to spoil our fresh doom here. Have any cute and pretty kittens you'd like to boot through a window proclaiming "they're just fake Pokemons!"?

Just askin'.

And it wasn't the Airforce, it was Airforce One, big difference. Ever see Harrison Ford as the President? yeah, crappy movie.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I saw that movie years ago. But yeah sorry to spoil your doom but I'm pretty sure you will all be here next month with some more doom so it works out anyway. But if D.C. does get nuked I'll eat some crow for you. We even now?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by antonia]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

chill out .

its for us this topic

we have date coming and its a place to talk about it.
its a conspiracy sub forum so let us dig

if you dont like then just skip it ... no 1 claim its omg prediction we all gona die.

we are just watching wth is going on and comparing it to predictions and leaks/insider infos that we can find.

so letch chat happly before we evaporate

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
reply to post by antonia

chill out .

its for us this topic

we have date coming and its a place to talk about it.
its a conspiracy sub forum so let us dig

if you dont like then just skip it ... no 1 claim its omg prediction we all gona die.

we are just watching wth is going on and comparing it to predictions and leaks/insider infos that we can find.

so letch chat happly before we evaporate

OK, I'll chat. Here's my 2 shekels, if you will. The likelihood of rogue nukes going off in the US seems rather unlikely, IMHO. At least the big boy nukes we all know and love, you know, the Bikini Island H-bomb kind. The tech and material to produce one of those babies is out of reach of your average terrorist, jihadist, whatever we want to call them. It gets a little easier for a Hiroshima style booger or a "dirty" bomb maybe, but it's still not your average ordinance. (Ammonium nitrate bombs are far easier.) Depleted Uranium is still considered a controlled substance so a "dirty" bomb is not high up there on my possibility list either. The people that keep up with where that stuff goes, well, they keep up with it. I am not ruling out the possibility that a group really really wanting one of their very own, could get one of the "missing" Russian nukes, or perhaps one of those that went "missing" from Minot(sp?) USAF base a couple years ago or so but this ain't mail order stuff. If they were, we would already have had a few "special deliveries" by now.

But who the heck really knows? I hear so many conspiracies these days, it's hard to keep up. I do have a hard time swallowing the one that has our own people doing it, or just "letting it happen". I know I may be accused of being a "sheeple" or asleep or whatever, but so be it. I just don't believe in being too loose with my accusations. I need something more than "I believe... fill in the blank" conspiracy. So, bottom line? No evaporating this year. A truck bomb? Yeah, maybe that.

Uh... oh yeah, disclaimer - the above is only my opinion and not to be taken as truth, prediction, prophecy etc...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgustedOne

i think You were looking for a term "fat man" instead of "big boy" - but that dosnt matter.
What we really know about nukes these days?
We know there are ICBM's (sponsored by cold war)
We also know there are "suitcase" models.

i have different point of view on such things
With people up there "elites" who have all the money they will ever need its all about power. They dont see us as equals , for them we are just money making drones.Non of them cares about 3000 americans or even over a milion iraqis.

Look at CIA what they were doing all over the world and are probably still doing it. It went so far and so deep that these people on top dosnt even have a grip of our reality for them its a game.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Steve Quail's 'Q ' forum has had my attention lately. As everything else only time will tell if there is another "false flag " attack on the U.S.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The bad thing about placing a date to a prediction is that sometimes it can be self-defeating.

I once used a line back in 1989 about "soft kisses during a warm, gentle rain on the 22 of June" as the close of a letter. And as I remind myself, from time to time of it, (because it was a good line) I have yet to have had both soft kisses and had it happen during a warm, gentle rain ever happen on June 22.

Sadly, I have more hard, cold rains than kisses over the years on June 22...one of these years it may just work out right. But given my luck, it won't be from anyone that I would want them from.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Weapons grade nuclear/radioactive isotopes can be detected by satellites, no matter how Iran, North Korea or other countries try to hide their enrichment facilities. The satellites will be able to pick it up. Building the facilities underground or in mountains is a "line of defense" against any attack.

So if a weapons grade nuclear bomb is in the United States, the government would know about it. However, this I want to point out, there are dirty bombs. Not weapons grade, just nuclear/radiological, chemical, biological (NBC) material mixed in with some explosive and detonated. There are 3 types of nuclear burst; underground, surface and above surface/air.

So if someone detonated anything NBC underground = oh well, don't drink the ground water or plant anything.

Surface, I hope you're not in the explosive kill zone and away from the area where wind will blow the NBC material around.

Above surface/Air, is the last one. If a explosive detonates in the air, it's the fall out of the NBC material that cause for concern. The NBC material will *fall* and flow with the wind pattern, causing most of the casualties. Immediate death will be the who ever is in the kill zone of the blast, but every one else on the ground, affected by the wind patterns and debris will be in trouble with radiation poisoning or chemically/biologically affected. Wouldn't cause for immediate death.

If there are nuclear warheads in the U.S., you'll be sure the government knows about them, and if they go off *makes you think*. Now if it's a dirty bomb that wasn't designed/enriched to be detected, that's what cause for concern.

NBC training is basic for the military, heck you can even find the NBC manuals online to explain the different types. So there wouldn't be any weapons grade/warheads in the United States without NSA, CIA, FBI, USSS, USA, USAF, USN, USMC and whatever government agencies wouldn't know about.

Doom and gloom makes for good blockbuster. Living life with doom and gloom in your every move/thought, just go ahead and "/self", because if all you're living for is to be killed by doom and gloom, it's a sad sad life.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reassor

I don't see what i said as hysterical. I saw something, I added my two cents. it's a free board. What i did wasn't against the rules. I didn't stop you from doing anything and i don't appreciate you telling me what to do. My opinion isn't any less valid then yours simply because you don't like it.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by antonia]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

this post wasnt directed at You (my bad for pushing wrong reply button)

im sorry if i offended You

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Everyone just calm down! Or not...this tension is perfect for panic-sex I must say. Does anyone here have a fanny like Jessica Biel?

There's only 4 days left!

24:25, best end-of-the-world-freak-out ever!

www.youtube.com...

Ahem, so Air Force One, Al Gore's favorite airplane is going to drop nukes on Warshington DC? Is that right?

[edit on 21-10-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Steve Q and his man "Hawk" have never ever gotten anything right ever. They are the height of entertainment but not actual factual news.

Chicken Little is his nickname and Hawk is the biggest clown to have ever been allowed onto the airwaves bar none.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

i think You were looking for a term "fat man" instead of "big boy" - but that dosnt matter.
What we really know about nukes these days?
We know there are ICBM's (sponsored by cold war)
We also know there are "suitcase" models.

i have different point of view on such things
With people up there "elites" who have all the money they will ever need its all about power. They dont see us as equals , for them we are just money making drones.Non of them cares about 3000 americans or even over a milion iraqis.

Look at CIA what they were doing all over the world and are probably still doing it. It went so far and so deep that these people on top dosnt even have a grip of our reality for them its a game.

The ones dropped on Japan were "Fat Man" and "Little Boy", in that order, but my reference wasn't really about those. I was really just pointing out the difference between fissionable bombs and fusion or "H-bombs". There are mega tons of difference between the two types. But you are right, it really doesn't matter.

I think the average joe does know quite a bit about nukes these days; enough to know that you don't just walk down to the corner store and pick one up. Not even a suitcase model.

That is not to say that I don't believe the elites and the CIA and whoever is evil. I just don't believe they are THAT evil.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

i wish You were correct and its all our imagination.

Hopefully nothing will happen. But if it does atleast we have some kind of proof that we were informed before it happened.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

i wish You were correct and its all our imagination.

Hopefully nothing will happen. But if it does atleast we have some kind of proof that we were informed before it happened.

I am not sure what purpose it would serve to have proof we were informed. History is sprinkled with examples of "being informed" (Pearl Harbor, 9/11 come to mind), but has it changed anything? If the current information is correct and the warnings are vindicated, will anyone pay attention "next time"? But that is a different discussion. My problem with the current scenario is the simple logistics of it. I just don't see a nuclear attack happening AT THIS POINT IN HISTORY. I am not ruling it out at some point. When Pearl Harbor happened, the logistics were within reach. Same for 9/11. A nuke attack on the US by "jihadists"? Not so much.

I think our difference in opinion is not so much possibility or even probability, but one of execution. In other words, will there be more attacks on American soil? I think it is inevitable. Next week? Maybe. Nukes? Sorry, my swaller pipe is closing up.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've been starting to put 2+2 together for some time now, and I'm concerned.
First was the airing of a preparedness show about what would happen if Washington was nuked.
Second was the release of 5 persons on the terror watch list by the FBI in Las Vegas
Third is the upcoming climate treaty Obama wants ratified.
All of these together isn't much, but looking at all the administration has been doing makes me wonder.
The treaty doesn't stand a chance of ratification because (in my opinion) the Constitution does not permit treaties that supersede the Constitution.
A ratified treaty becomes supreme law under the Constitution.
Obama would have to suspend the Constitution. How? A major disaster of an unprecedented nature. 911 wasn't enough, what would be?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is quite worrisome to me.

I never really buy into the whole doom and gloom scenarios, but given the assortment of sources, this one raises the red flag for me. Not to mention, if you refer back to the Timewave Zero thread, if you look to 2009, the graph bottoms out around 10/28. I am not sure how exact these references are, but I think that major events are supposed to occur when the graph peaks or bottoms out, and this chatter correlates to that timeframe.

I am no expert, but it all seems to be coming together. Economic collapse, dumping the dollar, nuclear threats, etc.

Does anyone else see this or am I just crazy?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join