It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Why do people hate you?' Obama caught off guard by ten-year-old boy's question

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I've never seen so much high-profile news in one week involving
children, and none of it positive...

1. 11 have died this week from H1N1
2. UFO Helium Balloon Boy
3. Kid asking our President Why People Hate Him.

-cwm

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What a great answer! You can tell he has experience really talking with children.

Mr Obama stumbled for a moment. 'Well, now, first of all, I did get elected president, so not everybody hates me now,' he said. 'I got a whole lot of votes.'

He added: 'But you know, what is true is if you were watching TV lately, it seems like everybody's just getting mad all the time.

'And when things are going tough, then, you know, you're going to get some of the blame, and that's part of the job.

It is sad that the anger and hatred in this country right now is obvious, even to the children... Ten year olds shouldn't be bothered with such things as people hating the president...

I think most of the anger and hatred is coming from people like you that cant fathom that alot of people didnt buy into propaganda hook line and sinker. This is your only defense to say all this hatred is because of one person OBama. Get your damn head out of your ass!! He has nothing to do with it.

I liked the question from the young woman about what he plans to change about energy or somthing....he was at a loss for words, and when people behind him acted like they didnt notice, they looked as though they were,nt even listening to his babbling to get out of the hole he was in. Ultimately he couldnt answer the question really.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

I just checked the article, and nothing was mentioned about energy. Where did you get that?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Sometimes bad luck, but it should be a safety net and not a hammock.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't think it was a setup.
If it was the Mr President would have reached into his pocket and given the kid an Obamacare apple.

You think the parents would have made the child tuck his shirt in his trousers?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The world's too caught up on politics. They don't sort anything and people treat it like some sort of intellectual sports match. It's sick and annoying.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Years ago, America was more prosperous and influential than it was today. (Or at least many people who hate Obama think that way.)

Sorry dude we do "think that way" We KNOW it is true. Before the bankers and politicians took all our wealth and exported our industry, minimum wage was a LIVING wage, people stayed with a company for life. you did not worry about drugs in the schools or locking your doors, Heck my Dad grow up in Harlem NYC without fearing for his life. The quotes below show how we were screwed and by who.

This is not nostalgia. I am talking about the fifties I remember Things started changing (for the worst) after that. Fuel prices doubled in 1974 yet in "1976 a typical American CEO earned 36 times as much as the average worker. By 2008 average CEO pay increased to 369 times that of the average worker." The CEO's get REAL cost of living increases unlike the average worker. (a factor of ten)

THAT is how much "wealth" has been robbed from us "Wage Slaves" In 1974 the minimum wage was $2.00 and gold was $195.20 (gas had just gone up from $.040) now the minimum wage is $5.85 but 1,020.28 (gas has been up to almost $4.00) Minimum wage goes up by a factor of three everything else goes up by a factor of ten and the bankers pocket the difference.

G. Edward Griffin explains below how bankers and politicians set up the system to "fleece" the US citizen. Big business such as the railroads and cattlemen had influenced the US government before the Federal Reserve Act but the Fed, thanks to the in-depth research of Eustace Mullins gives a very good blueprint on how the Cartels work behind the scenes to shape US government policy.

G. Edward Griffin is more readable so I quote him instead.

Why did the government go into a partnership like this and why does the banking cartel? In answering those questions we finally come to grips with the reality of what this creature from Jekyll Island is....

Plenty of money is loaned to the government but never enough. Congress needs more money than that. They say not to worry. They go further down the street to the Federal Reserve building. The Fed has been waiting for them, that's one of the reasons it was created. By the time they get inside the Federal Reserve building the officer of the Fed is opening his desk drawer. He knows they're going to be there and he's ready and he pulls out his checkbook and he writes a check to the US Treasury for one billion dollars or whatever the amount is that they need. He signs the check and gives it to the treasury official.

We need to stop here for a minute and ask a question. Where did they get a billion dollars to give to the treasury? who put that money into the account at the Federal Reserve System? The amazing answer is there is no money in the account at the Federal Reserve System. In fact, technically, there isn't even an account, there is only a checkbook. That's all. That billion dollars springs into being at precisely the instant the officer signs that check and that is called "monetizing the debt," that's the phrase they throw at you. That means they just wrote a check, a big rubber check. If you and I were to do that we would go to jail but they can do it because Congress wants them to do it. In fact, this is the payoff, this is the benefit to the government side of this partnership, this is how the government gets its instant access to any amount of money at any time without having to go to the taxpayer directly and justify it or ask for it.

What happen is we just got taxed without the taxpayer knowing it. Its called "depreciation of the currency". The bankers of course get to collect interest (your wealth as labor) on all that funny money they create out of thin air.

.... That was the reason for the secrecy at the meeting.... we had the Morgans, the Rockefellers, Kuhn, Loeb & Company, the Rothschilds and the Warburgs. Anything strange about that mixture? These were competitors... And here they are sitting around a table coming to an agreement of some kind. What's going on here? We need to ask a few questions.

This is extremely significant because it happened precisely at that point in American history where business was undergoing a major and fundamental change in ideology. Prior to this point, American business had been operating under the principles of private enterprise--free enterprise competition is what made American great, what caused it to surpass all of the other nations of the world. Once we had achieved that pinnacle of performance, however, this was the point in history where the shift was going away from competition toward monopoly. This has been described in many textbooks as the dawning of the era of the cartel and this was what was happening... The meeting on Jekyll Island was merely the culmination of that trend where they came together completely and decided not to compete--they formed a cartel.
The Creature from Jekyll Island

The combination of Banking Cartel in partnership with the government was so successful this blue print has been used over and over again. A situation is created causing a public out cry, a bill written by the industry is slipped through Congress and over time the provisions actually protecting the public are changed to the advantage of the industry.

...They added some provisions which seriously restricted the ability of the Federal Reserve to create money out of nothing. Warburg's associates said, "Paul, what are you doing? We don't want those in there this is our bill." And his response was this, he said, "Relax fellas, don't you get it? Our object is to get the bill passed. We can fix it up later." Those were his exact words. "We can fix it up later." He was so right. It was because of those provisions that they won over the support of William Jennings Bryan the head of the Populist Movement, the last hold-out against the bill....

Warburg was right and they fixed it up later. The Federal Reserve Act since it was passed has been amended over 100 times. Every one of those provisions were long ago removed and many more have been added which greatly expand the power and reach of the Federal Reserve System

By 1942 The Cartels went "official" and became the Committee for Economic Development, a sister organization of the Council on Foreign Relations.

With World War II, America saw its agricultural system intentionally subjected to political policies that radically transformed it....was purposefully centralized into a capital-intensive fossil-fuel dependent system that restructured local economies, permitting their wealth to be extracted by what are now transnational cartels dedicated to the so-called free market and globalized trade at all costs.

This transformation was the result of organized plans developed by a group of highly powerful – though unelected – financial and industrial executives who wanted to drastically change agricultural practices in the US to better serve their collective corporate financial agenda. This group, called the Committee for Economic Development, was officially established in 1942 as a sister organization to the Council on Foreign Relations. CED has influenced US domestic policies in much the same way that the CFR has influenced the nation's foreign policies.

Composed of chief executive officers and chairmen from the federal reserve, the banking industry, private equity firms, insurance companies, railroads, information technology firms, publishing companies, pharmaceutical companies, the oil and automotive industries, meat packing companies, retailers and assisted by university economists – CED determined that the problem with American agriculture was that there were too many farmers. But the CED had a “solution”: millions of farmers would just have to be eliminated....

Their plan was so effective and so faithfully executed by its operatives in the US government that by 1974 the CED couldn't help but congratulate itself in another agricultural report called “A New US Farm Policy for Changing World Food Needs” for the efficiency of the tactics they employed to drive farmers from their land.[5]

The human cost of CED's plans were exacting and enormous.

CED's plans resulted in widespread social upheaval throughout rural America, ripping apart the fabric of its society destroying its local economies. They also resulted in a massive migration to larger cities. [to become wage slaves] The loss of a farm also means the loss of identity, and many farmers' lives ended in suicide [6], not unlike farmers in India today who have been tricked into debt and desperation and can see no other way out.
History, HACCP and the Food Safety Con Job

So what you have is a group of bankers and corporate Execs united in the name of profit in control of the money strings and in control of our government. People are starting to wake up and realize this. THAT is why they "Hate Obama" Too bad the "left" is so busy defending a "black POTUS" they can not see they are being used.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
It doesn't really answer the question ...
BH, thanks for answering the question.

I don't know what you're saying... Here. Let's try this:

Wouldn't personal responsibility and accountability include paying your own doctor bills and living a life style that prevents you from getting sick in the first place?

Answer: YES.

How is it personally responsible to have someone else foot the bill for your needs?

Answer: It's not.

Originally posted by amari
There you go pulling the race card again

The race card was played long ago in this thread. And not by an Obama supporter. Why didn't you call it out then?

Originally posted by Mailman
I think most of the anger and hatred is coming from people like you that cant fathom that alot of people didnt buy into propaganda hook line and sinker.

I'm a bit confused at how you could interpret my talking about understanding, tolerance, helping those in need and personal responsibility as "hatred", but if that's what you think hatred is, then thanks for sharing.

I can absolutely fathom people who didn't buy that Obama was the savior. I'm one of them. I wish more people hadn't thought he was going to save the world in his first 6 months. But alas, I cannot control other people or what they think.

This is your only defense to say all this hatred is because of one person OBama.

I actually didn't say that. I didn't say anything LIKE that. In fact, the hatred isn't BECAUSE of Obama, it's because people are afraid, angry, confused, insecure, and dissatisfied. I blame the people who hate. Much of the hatred is aimed AT Obama and his supporters, but it's not BECAUSE of them.

And to be clear, this thread is about a boy asking Obama why people hate HIM.

And again, I'm not defending anyone or anything. You can call it that, but it doesn't change the facts.

Originally posted by crimvelvet
THAT is why they "Hate Obama". Too bad the "left" is so busy defending a "black POTUS" they can not see they are being used.

I agree with everything you said until this last paragraph. I think people DO see Obama as somehow the cause or in control of all this, but he's not. He's been in office 9 months. How on earth could he turn around 50 years of "bankers and corporate Execs united in the name of profit in control of the money strings and in control of our government" unless he was a wizard of some kind? That's just totally unreasonable to think that he could come in like some king or magician and make it all go away. Is that what you thought he would do?

It's funny how people call Obama a "puppet" and say that the corporations are in control of Washington DC, but when it comes to blaming someone, he's at the top of the list. It makes no sense whatsoever to blame the "puppet" for what the puppetmaster does. It's a huge contradiction. But that doesn't matter, I guess...

Nice play of the race card again, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

There's a lot of hatred swirling around and if there is anything to the idea of us all being "one" and connected in some way, we have a horrible sickness of hatred in the country that needs to be addressed.

The "hatred" you are talking about is the hatred someone feels when they find out someone they thought was a friend just swindled them and walked off with their life savings.

The "hatred" is because Americans are finally waking up and smelling the BS shoveled at them by the politicians and media to cover-up how they are being taken to the cleaners.

"My wife manages a large main library and told me there are over 37 people on the waiting list for The Creature from Jekyll Island.
Branch libraries have similar reservations." - Stan

"This is a murder mystery about the financial 'murder' of the middle class." - Robert Kiyosaki

I strongly recommend you at least read my long comment above and A Talk by G. Edward Griffin You have fallen for the "It is to help humanity" con.

The health care bill will morph into as ugly a monster as The Creature from Jekyll Island. Once attention is off the health care bills, revisions will be made and the insurance companies will ration health care and use the tax system and confiscation direct from your bank account to get their money. No going through the costly court system, no wooing customers. It will be just like mandatory Auto Insurance with the big teeth of the IRS to make you pay. To get the bill passed, The Federal Reserve Act had good provisions designed to control the bankers. Once passed it was amended 135 times and all the "good provisions" removed. The most critical question to ask is can this legislation later be twisted into something to harm us?

Sanchoearlyjones gives an excellent example of how the Cartels twist "good legislation" to their advantage. " I remember for years my brother chose not to see the light of day, and it was his very employer who should him. He worked for the EPA in oil field site inspections. Consistently he was tasked with fining, and shutting down mom, and pop outfits, but consistently was ordered to leave the big boys like Exxon Mobil alone."

If you read The 2009 Food ‘Safety’ Bills Harmonize Agribusiness Practices in Service of Corporate Global Governance you can see this US administration is furthering the goals of the Banking/Corporate Cartel and is not concerned with the health of the US citizen. Do you really trust a democratic party who is trying to legislate mandatory MALNUTRITION??? If you care about your fellow human get educated about what the Ag cartel has done to the food supply world wide. Things like the "terminator gene" and 'spermicidal corn" are not something the USDA should be funding or Financier controlled Monsanto should have access to.

...If some variation of this batch of bad bills is passed into legislation, US citizens will find their laws considerably closer to becoming harmonized with Codex Alimentarius, a set of international food codes crafted by unaccountable and unelected bureaucrats in conjunction with vested industry and trade interests. It’s important that the public learns more about Codex, because its “standards” will be enforced by the World Trade Organization to govern global trade practices of all its member nations. Furthermore, this body of food codes will take legal precedence over national laws, like the 1994 Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA)....

The standards created by the Codex Alimentarius Commission are set to enable industry interests to dictate and control rules covering vitamins, minerals and nutrients, genetically modified plants and livestock, toxic residues, antibiotics, drugs, growth stimulants and other hormones in food and animals, organic foods, the irradiation of plants and animal food and nanotechnology. Scott Tips, President of the National Health Federation, the only accredited health freedom organization allowed to participate at Codex meetings, projects that these standards are on tract to be implemented sometime between 2011 and 2013.

US law regulates supplements as food. But the pharmaceutical industry wants to change that and have supplements regulated as drugs, and bureaucrats like Mrs. Taylor are doing what they can to comply. Taylor argues that people are exposed to too many nutrients and wants to see the establishment of a one-size-fits-all international standard set that stipulates how much of each nutrient people need, a amount that in some cases is less than the already established recommended daily allowances.(11)

But the good news, at least for pharmaceutical companies, is that there would be more profit to be made in treating a host of vitamin-deficiency diseases. And, once these guidelines are adopted by Codex, people would no longer have the freedom to purchase therapeutic amounts of dietary supplements to compensate for a nutrient-deficient and legally poisoned food supply to which we’re subjected. Supplements would no longer be consider food as they are under DSHEA but instead would be regulated as drugs, available only by prescription or in amounts so limited as to render them insufficiently helpful in the prevention of disease.

People are subject to disease not because they are deficient in pharmaceuticals. We are subject to disease because we either do not get the nutrients we need from our food sources or because we are exposed to environmental toxins and harmful food adulterants like hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, MSG, pesticide residues, aspartame, and GMOs, falsely deemed safe by the FDA. These adulterants contribute directly to a long list of predictable degenerative diseases. But thanks to the tireless work of Mrs. Taylor, the chemical cartel will get wealthier by making us sick and wealthier still by treating us for illnesses its products cause.

I am more and more convinced that Obama will go down in history as the president who killed the United States of America.

Bernanke could go down in economic history as the man who killed the greenback on the operating table.

After printing up trillions of new dollars and new bonds to stimulate the US economy, the Federal Reserve chief is now boxed into a corner battling two separate monsters that could devour the economy -- ravenous inflation on one hand, and a perilous recession on the other.

"He's in a crisis worse than the meltdown ever was," said Peter Schiff, president of Euro Pacific Capital. "I fear that he could be the Fed chairman who brought down the whole thing." ....

"The stimulus is what's toxic -- we're poisoning ourselves and the global economy with it."...

Ben Bernanke's dollar crisis went into a wider mode yesterday as the greenback was shockingly upstaged by the euro and yen, both of which can lay claim to the world title as the currency favored by central banks as their reserve currency.

Over the last three months, banks put 63 percent of their new cash into euros and yen -- not the greenbacks -- a nearly complete reversal of the dollar's onetime dominance for reserves, according to Barclays Capital. The dollar's share of new cash in the central banks was down to 37 percent -- compared with two-thirds a decade ago.
New York Post

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I dont think it was from the article, maybe not even the same meeting. I saw it thursday I beleive.. It was an open floor, it was recent or had happended that day(one day this week).

When the young woman asked the question, his face was overcome with worry and anger, because he knew he could not answer. He quickly pointed and mentioned his czar, whatever the name is. The time it took for him to articulate an answer was profound.

I would have pointed this same stuff out if it were Bush, so whats wrong with being frustrated with an inexperienced POTUS?

How is it not OK for a young kid to experience the "negative" but its just fine to sing songs. If you want them involved, they should see both arguments.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Thank you for your opinion. It doesn't really answer the question but it does give me insight into what YOU stand for. I already know what I stand for, thanks.

BH, thanks for answering the question.

You don't know what you stand for. The quote you use to express your attitude of benevolance is in direct contradiction to the view you espouse on healthcare. If denying folks health care based on money isn't oppression than I don't know what is. Anna Sewell says to step in when people are faced with oppression. You eithe rneed to change your signature or your beliefs because they don't match.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That video is disgusting!

I'm sick of seeing kids pushing Obama's agenda.

Now it's becoming racist with their little songs.

Where's the white kids?
Where's kids of other races?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The child asked a pretty good question and Obama handled it pretty well. IMO he's got two young daughters and has learned how to speak with children easily.

The child may or may not have been a plant. It's very possible he was just repeating what he has heard his parents say--that some people hate the president. If the child is very observant at all (and many children are) he can't have missed that fact.

Either way, presidents have often addressed questions by children and it's all part of the office.

It seems like whenever Obama does something other presidents have routinely done it's an occasion for apologists and/or Obama haters to go after each other.

This thread truly does belong in the "political madness" forum (where a thread has already been posted about it).

Our country has a whole lot more serious business to attend to than whether a child's question was truly sincere or not. I tend to give kids a lot of credit for being observant, but either way, it's just not important enough to fight about.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Double post. My bad.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

It's America, not america.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Now it's becoming racist with their little songs.

Where's the white kids?
Where's kids of other races?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bbd84a1c48a8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
reply to post by Mak Manto

I dont think it was from the article, maybe not even the same meeting. I saw it thursday I beleive.. It was an open floor, it was recent or had happended that day(one day this week).

When the young woman asked the question, his face was overcome with worry and anger, because he knew he could not answer. He quickly pointed and mentioned his czar, whatever the name is. The time it took for him to articulate an answer was profound.

I would have pointed this same stuff out if it were Bush, so whats wrong with being frustrated with an inexperienced POTUS?

How is it not OK for a young kid to experience the "negative" but its just fine to sing songs. If you want them involved, they should see both arguments.

Do you have a link or a source?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

This is off topic, but I will answer your question with my opinion on the matter.

Personal responsibility is something that each person chooses for themselves. It's not something that one can force on someone else.

I hope that answers your question.

Here we have a perfect example of the great divide between liberals and conservatives. Liberals believe that anything goes. Just choose what you want to be or do, no matter what the cost might be to others. And if you don't want to make anything of yourself, that's fine too because they'll make everyone else support you. It's how they justify to themselves, for example, beliefs where they want to keep death row inmates alive, while condoning the killing of unborn children.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That is what I was thinking..,... He hasn't faced 1 tenth of the criticism of former presidents. The media thinks he is god and so does half the country. The boy was told to say that by his moronic libral parents! They wanted to be on TV and I saw the interview, they are pothetic and it is sad they would through their child into something like that. They should be ashamed of themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join