It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Why do people hate you?' Obama caught off guard by ten-year-old boy's question

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
'Why do people hate you?' Obama caught off guard by ten-year-old boy's question

It was a rare moment: Barack Obama, caught off guard by a ten-year-old boy while in the public spotlight.
The US president was taking questions at a town hall meeting in New Orleans last night when the boy asked: 'Why do people hate you?'
The president defended himself, answering: 'I'm a pretty tough guy'. But the boy was just one of several critics who forced Mr Obama into a defensive stance yesterday, with the president finally declaring he is just getting started.

Even the kids notice the hate.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What a great answer! You can tell he has experience really talking with children.

Mr Obama stumbled for a moment. 'Well, now, first of all, I did get elected president, so not everybody hates me now,' he said. 'I got a whole lot of votes.'

He added: 'But you know, what is true is if you were watching TV lately, it seems like everybody's just getting mad all the time.

'And when things are going tough, then, you know, you're going to get some of the blame, and that's part of the job.

It is sad that the anger and hatred in this country right now is obvious, even to the children... Ten year olds shouldn't be bothered with such things as people hating the president...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In the year 2100 European travel books will be saying:

Americas hate-movement began with the rise of the Blogosphere where any piece of slanderous information spread like wildfire within a day. It began with the hatred of honorable and hard-working leaders such as George W. Bush and Barrack Obama but eventually turned into a violent Revolution and the Downfall of the American Empire. The ensuing wasteland North America turned into is still avoided by travellers today.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why doesnt he say the truth that america needs rubbish leaders, lol.

Him after bush, i wonder who you will have in 3 or 7 years time lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
In the year 2100 European travel books will be saying:

Americas hate-movement began with the rise of the Blogosphere where any piece of slanderous information spread like wildfire within a day. It began with the hatred of honorable and hard-working leaders such as George W. Bush and Barrack Obama but eventually turned into a violent Revolution and the Downfall of the American Empire. The ensuing wasteland North America turned into is still avoided by travellers today.

haha.

those lying text books would say that bush was honorable and hard-working, wouldnt they!

this is getting out of hand. everyone needs to take a break and have a refresher before something bad happens. when that something does happen, kiss freedom goodbye.

i wish (i know it wont happen) that we could get an ENORMOUS forum for exchange to take place. have everyone in the country together with the facts out in the open and get everyone on the same page.

force the politicians to answer every question that is asked, and not do this round about, "oh let me tell you a joke instead of answer"

its really old, and with things the way they are, isnt what we need, and is only purporting more regret, hostility, and fear.

we could open up every civic center, host the event on every channel, and use vote by call or text on every issue, so that we could get a real prospective on what people really think.

it would quell all the dis/misinfo going around.

too bad though

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Oh good grief. Like he's the first one with detractors. In fact, I'd say that he hasn't come close to the hatred aimed at the three previous presidents at times while they were in office, and those are just recent examples.

This has to be the most hypersensitive administration I've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Oh good grief. Like he's the first one with detractors. In fact, I'd say that he hasn't come close to the hatred aimed at the three previous presidents at times while they were in office, and those are just recent examples.

This has to be the most hypersensitive administration I've ever seen.

And I will add that it was most likely a setup. These people wills top at nothing to make themselves look like victims. It's the way of the left. The poor kid was used like a Rube and Obama could care less.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The term "hate" is not something that children actually can put a name on it, so the question he asked to the president probably came from his home and his parents.

Perhaps the child has heard his parent telling that they hate so much the president that the child feels that is the same way with everybody.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Dupe? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, this using kids crap is ridiculous.

One minute they're oh so profound and the next just some kid. It all depends on how you want to milk it.

Just as stupid as the race to cry "racism" first to win an argument.

Won't somebody think of the children?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This administration's use of kids to try and front their agenda is shameless and disgusting. Here's an example of CNN using kids to promote health care reform.

BUT - little Willie in this video threw them a HUGE curveball - listen to the reaction of the idiot reporter.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This really doesn't sound like something a child would ask. I have two children and if they were to meet the president they would want to know things like, "Whats it like to live in that big house," and " Can you eat candy all you want.'
These are thing children identify with. I feel they were repeating what their parents had wanted to ask. Just my two cents??

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by northof8

It wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't be the first time that they've planted questions in the audience to garner support or sympathy. At this point, I almost feel sorry for this administration. They're actually just kinda pathetic, to be honest.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

And the hatred is spewed not only to the president, but toward anyone who voted for him. You prove the point that irrational, blind, ignorant hatred is seeping and raging throughout the country... and, as usual, is being blamed on the people who are hated instead of the haters taking responsibility for their own hatred...

Who is Responsible for my Feelings?

One of our greatest challenges is to understand what it means to take personal responsibility for our own feelings and behavior. This is especially difficult when someone is behaving in a way that feels unloving to us -- attacking, blaming, lying, guilting, and so on. It is so easy to believe that our unhappy feelings are coming from their behavior rather than from our own response to their behavior.

It's a classic affliction being suffered by our nation. Complete lack of responsibility for one's feelings of hatred...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And the hatred is spewed not only to the president, but toward anyone who voted for him.

BH, when do people like YOU start taking any responsibility for your actions? People in this country are mad because Obama sold himself as the "different politician", the "change you can believe in" candidate - or don't you remember all of that crap during the campaign?

People are mad because they now realize that Obama is just another typical politician that sold America a bill of goods to get elected. He smooth talked his way into the office. He's not any better of a politician than Carter was, so far because he hasn't accomplished ANY of his significant campaign promises. THAT is why people are mad. Not because people like me perpetuate a difference of opinion which people like you love to dismiss as petty hate! Quit being so blindly ignorant!

Look at the New Orleans story for reference - Obama criticized the Bush administration for not doing more to help New Orleans victims after Katrina, but almost a year into his administration he's given SQUAT to that city.

What about his repeating that he's all for individual right yet he votes in favor of the Patriot Act twice??? Not to mention the federal wiretapping bill?

There are scores of other examples!

This guy is a "Do as I say, not as I do" president and people all across America are coming to that realization. THAT is why people are MAD! THAT is why people don't like OBAMA. They don't like having their hopes lifted so sky high and then dashed on the rocks! Are you really so blind you can't see that???

Geez - I thought you were really about caring for this country at one point, but lately you are ALL about defending your vote in the last election.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The divide and conquer strategy, just like my signature says.

TPTB choose each president. We just have the illusion that we have a say in anything. Many presidents, over the years, have alluded to the "shadow government" aka Big Money. We're led into fighting over politics, the division of the ranks, because then we're not one whole and powerful people.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
These days disagreeing with Obama = Hate. I beg to differ. I was an ardent Obama supporter. I listened to him when he said let's reform or repeal the patriot act, lets stop torture and restore the 4 th amendment.

Instead he told the supreme court to overturn Michigan v Jackson, he switched the places where torture was to take place to Bagram airbase and now no one knows what is happening to these people and no one will know. His forays into continuing Bush's economic policies with intervention in the private sector. So far Obama has turned out to be a liar. He has Goldman Sachs people running the entire economic regulatory system including most recently the SEC. He appoints people like Van Jones, and lies about his involvement with ACORN.

I will never again support a republican or a democrat that doesn't take his/her Constitutional mandate seriously.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes it is a dupe, I only checked the breaking political news.
But I was surprised there wasn't lots of US MSM coverage.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ok so i cant the video because im in this country WTF?!?!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
BH, when do people like YOU start taking any responsibility for your actions?

"People like me"? What kind of people is that?

I do take full responsibility for my actions. What is it that you think I'm not taking responsibility for?

Geez - I thought you were really about caring for this country at one point, but lately you are ALL about defending your vote in the last election.

I am not defending my vote to you or anyone. That's absurd. I'm pretty darn happy with my vote. If YOU don't like it, that's your issue, not mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join