It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

'Why do people hate you?' Obama caught off guard by ten-year-old boy's question

page: 2
4
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Could this possibly be a set-up? I'm bringing it up because it's very reminiscent of the little girl who was exposed to be a plant. Her question was something like, 'Mr. President, why are all those people outside holding scary signs!?' (Referring to the Obama protesters outside)

And the story is presented as 'Obama caught off guard by ten year old's question' but it doesn't really seem like he was 'caught off guard' to me.

Here is the footage of the incident (since the video in the OP's article cannot be viewed by American citizens):

www.youtube.com...

And here is the video of the little girl who was a plant:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10/16/2009 by AshleyD]




posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 


Good observation Ashley, with all the propaganda been played around I can agree with you on this one.

Obviously the child didn't come out with that line of thought on his own.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 


After watching that clip again, I am inclined to agree with you. Every move Obama makes is very well calculated. I am sure that little town hall was stacked with supporters rather than his dissenters.

I find it amusing that it was his first trip to New Orleans and he turned the visit into another typical campaign stump for Healthcare reform. It was like watching candidate Obama yet again. When will the real Obama ever show his face?



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I agree that it could be a plant.

But it's a good question. And I think one that needs to be brought out and discussed. There's a lot of hatred swirling around and if there is anything to the idea of us all being "one" and connected in some way, we have a horrible sickness of hatred in the country that needs to be addressed.

Maybe Obama wants to talk about it. Bring it out in the open. Maybe he didn't want to stand up there and say, "You know... a lot of people hate me"...



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 


Nice, that little girl even had her lines written down for her, unlike the little boy.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 



"It's a classic affliction being suffered by our nation. Complete lack of responsibility for one's feelings of hatred..."

BH that statement is true,it is also true that another "classic affliction being suffered by our nation" Is a complete lack of responsibility for our own failings. Laying the accountability for our living at someone elses feet.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Seems to fit right in with how this administration likes to use children to manipulate emotions and further agendas. I'd say a plant wasn't only possible... but likely.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45
 


I couldn't agree more. I am a strong believer in personal responsibility and accountability. My signature alludes to that.
Both of these issues feed the sickness in this country today, IMO.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I couldn't agree more. I am a strong believer in personal responsibility and accountability. My signature alludes to that.
Both of these issues feed the sickness in this country today, IMO.


Wouldn't personal responsibility and accountability include paying your own doctor bills and living a life style that prevents you from getting sick in the first place? How is it personally responsible to have someone else foot the bill for your needs?



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I couldn't agree more. I am a strong believer in personal responsibility and accountability. My signature alludes to that.
Both of these issues feed the sickness in this country today, IMO.


Wouldn't personal responsibility and accountability include paying your own doctor bills and living a life style that prevents you from getting sick in the first place? How is it personally responsible to have someone else foot the bill for your needs?


Isn't it cruel and oppressive to let someone's medical needs unfulfilled when all they lack is money? I think you are a tad bit confused. Come back a bit later when you actually understand what you stand for.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Wouldn't personal responsibility and accountability include paying your own doctor bills and living a life style that prevents you from getting sick in the first place? How is it personally responsible to have someone else foot the bill for your needs?


This is off topic, but I will answer your question with my opinion on the matter.


Personal responsibility is something that each person chooses for themselves. It's not something that one can force on someone else. It's a choice I make for me. And yes, it does include paying my own doctor bills and I do that.

Having said that, I realize that there are some people who, for whatever reason, are not able or willing to choose personal responsibility for themselves in all aspects of life. Having lived on the street myself and being familiar with how life just doesn't seem to work right sometimes, I understand that some people need help just to get along. There are also some who take advantage of government programs.

I want to live in a society where we take care of those who can't or don't take care of themselves. I don't want to live in a society where we take care of number one and forget about the rest. Because I'd rather help pay for a lazy bum that sits at home smoking and drinking and taking advantage of a government program than to deny someone who really was doing the best they could and still couldn't make ends meet, just so I could have a few more dollars in my bank account.

I hope that answers your question.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think the hatred of Obama does not come from Obama's policies, character, or deeds, but from the widespread insecurity and frustration many people in America have.

Years ago, America was more prosperous and influential than it was today. (Or at least many people who hate Obama think that way.) White people from middle America enjoyed prosperity and security. They had good jobs, a safe and stable society, and life was generally good.

Now the world is not what it was. (Or at least many people who hate Obama think that way.) Middle America has lost many jobs to foreign competition. Middle America now perceives it has problems with drugs, shattered families, and crime. It feels it is being left behind as Foreign countries and those snooty people in California and New York progress.

Then along comes Barack Hussein Obama. He is not a White Guy from Middle America, but a Black Man who might not be a Christian and might not be a "real" American. He is part of that Ivy League educated elite class that has left Middle America behind.

Given Obama's background and widespread discontent in Middle America, it is quite easy for Obama's political foes to portray him as the enemy. Obama's foes can easily harness the widespread discontent and focus it on Obama.

This is why criticism of Obama appears scatological and incoherent to the neutral outside observer. Obama's foes need to strike chords on tangential issues like Obama's ethnic background or the fact he does not drink beer like a "real" American so they can enrage the viscera's of middle America in order to address substantive issues like healthcare reform.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 


This is real simple just have a conservative talk show host interview the child

with parents permission. Then ask the child who told him to ask obama the

question "Why do people hate you?" One thing about children being interviewed

in front of an audience they will more then likely tell the truth if they are not

being prodded before hand. I believe it was a set up question and the child

was prodded to ask the question before hand. ^Y^



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint
 


I think you're partially right. A lot of the hatred is because he's "different" and I understand that. But I do think a lot of it is because of his policies and what people are AFRAID he's going to do or bring about in the country.

I went into it a bit more in this thread. I think we all need to be a little more understanding and tolerant of each other and let it be OK to have different opinions on things. Even politics!


www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical
 


Thank you for your opinion. It doesn't really answer the question but it does give me insight into what YOU stand for. I already know what I stand for, thanks.

BH, thanks for answering the question.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I think the hatred of Obama does not come from Obama's policies, character, or deeds, but from the widespread insecurity and frustration many people in America have.

Years ago, America was more prosperous and influential than it was today. (Or at least many people who hate Obama think that way.) White people from middle America enjoyed prosperity and security. They had good jobs, a safe and stable society, and life was generally good.

Now the world is not what it was. (Or at least many people who hate Obama think that way.) Middle America has lost many jobs to foreign competition. Middle America now perceives it has problems with drugs, shattered families, and crime. It feels it is being left behind as Foreign countries and those snooty people in California and New York progress.

Then along comes Barack Hussein Obama. He is not a White Guy from Middle America, but a Black Man who might not be a Christian and might not be a "real" American. He is part of that Ivy League educated elite class that has left Middle America behind.

Given Obama's background and widespread discontent in Middle America, it is quite easy for Obama's political foes to portray him as the enemy. Obama's foes can easily harness the widespread discontent and focus it on Obama.

This is why criticism of Obama appears scatological and incoherent to the neutral outside observer. Obama's foes need to strike chords on tangential issues like Obama's ethnic background or the fact he does not drink beer like a "real" American so they can enrage the viscera's of middle America in order to address substantive issues like healthcare reform.


You are totally brain washed obama is not a black man he is a half white and

half black man. I do not see him as black or white but a person. Please

name someone that hates obama. I believe many people disagree with his

policies character and deeds and both black and white middle

American enjoyed good jobs and a sense of security. The word hatred is just

a way to stir up things in this country and the word hate just so happened to

be brought up by a small child that I will bet was prodded to ask the

question. ^Y^



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


You are right that we need more tolerance and more understanding. What America needs is people who have sincere and cogent criticism of Obama. Right now, Americans can only chose between Democrats and people who reflexively attack Obama no matter what he does. At minimum, Americans need to choose between Democrats and Republicans who are not hell bent on obstructing everything Obama does.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amari
 


I know Obama is half white, but he is widely perceived as Black. You don't hear people calling him "America's first 50% Caucasian President."

I am not trying to insist that all people that hate Obama are racist. However, race and ethnicity is a big issue in America and does play a large role in people's perceptions. The fact that Obama is not a blonde hair, blue eyed, church-going WASP from middle America does alter people's perceptions of him. If Obama looked more like a person you saw in a church pew in Iowa on a Sunday morning, he would be harder to hate.



posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by amari
 


I know Obama is half white, but he is widely perceived as Black. You don't hear people calling him "America's first 50% Caucasian President."

I am not trying to insist that all people that hate Obama are racist. However, race and ethnicity is a big issue in America and does play a large role in people's perceptions. The fact that Obama is not a blonde hair, blue eyed, church-going WASP from middle America does alter people's perceptions of him. If Obama looked more like a person you saw in a church pew in Iowa on a Sunday morning, he would be harder to hate.


There you go pulling the race card again it has nothing to do with race only

when you portray and introduce it as a made up racial issue. What does

Iowa have to do with anything and why wouldn't obama look like a person in

church in Iowa on Sunday? ^Y^



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join