It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does god play favorites?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
God creates us all according to theists.
Recent research shows that the higher your IQ, the less likely you are to believe in god. But god made us.

Does that mean that he embedded in some of us a predisposition to not believe in him, and in others a predisposition to believing?

Theists tell me: Why would a god do such a thing if he truly loves each of us equally?

BTW I am an athiest, but I am generally interested in your thoughts on this.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

He has no favorites, but he does see your spiritual energies that we all are = given from birth. Thru time many of us lose this light/FAITH AND some of us stay in this light were its safe even in dangerous conditions. Its like he watches to see who can walk that narrow path he gave us FULL OF SOUL ENHANCING GIFTS and who will walk the wide path full of light dimming extractions like money-drugs-POWER-

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

He has no favorites, but he does see your spiritual energies that we all are = given from birth. Thru time many of us lose this light/FAITH AND some of us stay in this light were its safe even in dangerous conditions. Its like he watches to see who can walk that narrow path he gave us FULL OF SOUL ENHANCING GIFTS and who will walk the wide path full of light dimming extractions like money-drugs-POWER-

I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
According to the Christian handbook (The Bible), God created Adam then pulled Eve out of his rib. With this, God only created Adam and not all of humanity.

After Adam and Eve got kicked out from the Garden of Eden, they had become of Earth therefore out of God's jurisdiction. Since God is merciful, he gave Adam a chance to go back to God but only after he leaves his physical body.

From what I read in a non-canonical scripture about Adam and Eve, Adam got a free pass from judgment. My guess is because Adam is made by God. As for the rest of humanity, they have to obey God's commandments (basically being good and to worship only Him) so they can join Him.

My best bet on this one is that once we have become of Earth like the Fallen Angels, even God's mercy cannot save us. It is only us who can save ourselves by following the handbook that God ordered Enoch to write while trying to duck the Evil Spirits. What was in there were basically an expanded version of the 10 Commandments ala New Testament. So there's a ton of commands there.

From what I read, no man (or woman) can follow them all since it's extremely difficult. I suggest checking them out at sacredtexts.com on Enoch's book of secrets. But if mankind did follow them in the beginning, we wouldn't be in the mess that we're in right now.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered
According to the Christian handbook (The Bible), God created Adam then pulled Eve out of his rib. With this, God only created Adam and not all of humanity.

After Adam and Eve got kicked out from the Garden of Eden, they had become of Earth therefore out of God's jurisdiction. Since God is merciful, he gave Adam a chance to go back to God but only after he leaves his physical body.

From what I read in a non-canonical scripture about Adam and Eve, Adam got a free pass from judgment. My guess is because Adam is made by God. As for the rest of humanity, they have to obey God's commandments (basically being good and to worship only Him) so they can join Him.

My best bet on this one is that once we have become of Earth like the Fallen Angels, even God's mercy cannot save us. It is only us who can save ourselves by following the handbook that God ordered Enoch to write while trying to duck the Evil Spirits. What was in there were basically an expanded version of the 10 Commandments ala New Testament. So there's a ton of commands there.

From what I read, no man (or woman) can follow them all since it's extremely difficult. I suggest checking them out at sacredtexts.com on Enoch's book of secrets. But if mankind did follow them in the beginning, we wouldn't be in the mess that we're in right now.

My question was around favoritism. If god truly does make us all, and puts something in our brains that makes us reject him, is that what a loving father would do? It's certainly not fair, meaning we don't all have the same chance to go to "heaven".

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I thought this post was going to be against the Jews since they are God's "chosen" or favorite people. Then maybe there would be some interesting arguments.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Last time i checked our parents created us. So does that make human beings who were supposedly 'created in gods image' gods and goddesses themselves?

The human race is so far gone, you cannot blame whoever or whatever created human beings. People should take responsibility for themselves as humans and stop blaming something no one can even grasp or understand fully. We should take a look at ourselves and see how people have came to be how they are today. We should stop looking to to others and look at ourselves without a masked view, which so many people do.

Your question, mr. atheist, is honestly irrelevant and is intellectually invalid. Your question holds no actual question, only misunderstanding by your socially influenced belief system you've grown accustomed to. Don't take offense, the majority of people aren't individuals. They are copies of others because of the distractions they have, allowing themselves avoid their true selves on the inside. So they become this mask they create out of fear, through whatever issues or problems they've experienced growing up. Instead of looking at what could be wrong, most people avoid the problem and bury it under any type of distraction or escape.

Out of ridicule and lack of acceptance of others, people try to fit in and never hold their own individual ground. Social influence has become disgusting. Because of this influence we have so many misguided and uneducated people, following the false leaders, which in my opinion are the mainstream followings; such as religions, churches, and sciences, arts and music.

Each person has so much potential, but because of the conditioning and the suffering many people endure, they become manipulated to believe what others believe, without personally trying to experience for themselves to help them understand and lift the veils over their eyes.

People play favorites. People, because of the manipulated division do so. One person supposedly becomes better than the other based off purposeless biases. The reasons why some people are intellectually different, comes from all the influence from the outside world. Be it food, people, entertainment, schooling, misleading social systems, 'modern' medicine, and many other types of distractions. Some people are born retarded because of their parents lack of responsibility. And some kids who are labeled retarded, really aren't at all. It is the misguided influence that has labeled specific types of people 'smart' and specific types of people 'slow'. This of course is just more propaganda because of the lack of understanding mainstream psychology and psychiatry really has.

Sadly today most peoples god, is money. As it shows, money means more to people than life itself.

The true nature, which modernized, self destructive civilizations have plowed through and paved over, is one of the true ways to really connect with the universe. It has plants and fungi which can guide us if we need guidance and to lift the veils on this materialistic society we live in. These types of plants and fungi truly lift the veils of a false, unbalanced world.

So yeah it is extremely more complex than a simple question and misunderstandings about how things work. And yes, atheism definitively is a religion. Another misguiding one at that, just like the rest of them.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered

And what about LILUTH WHO WAS CREATED FROM THE SAME DIRT AS ADAM??????????AND WAS = TO ADAM

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
atheist here. i just believe that the more you are pooped on, the more likely you will belive in some cosmic justice. helps you sleep at night. God's chosen people are some of the worst luck people in history. I'd just convert personally....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
Recent research shows that the higher your IQ, the less likely you are to believe in god. But god made us.

as far as i could see, the reasearch only showed that the higher your IQ, the less likely you are to admit to believing in god in the current social climate.

Does that mean that he embedded in some of us a predisposition to not believe in him, and in others a predisposition to believing?

i think it means that there is a predisposition in all of us to attempt to gain a grasp of the universe and the result depends on what tools we decide to use to do it.

some people use logic to explain their emotions, the result is "i feel there must be some point to my life and something more than this, so logically, there must be a god"

some people use logic to explain away their emotions and the result is "even though i feel that there must be some point to my life and something more than this, i see no evidence and so my emotions must be wrong, there is no god"

some people use both emotions and logic to understand the reality they perceive and the result is "i feel there should be a god but there is no evidence, i can't tell which is right so all i am capable of saying for sure is "i will never know"."

i fall into the rd catigory, so i say it's an unanswerable question. who knows? i'll say this, if a higher IQ makes you less predisposed to believe it also gives you more of a chance to understand so it all evens out in the end.
makes it all fair.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
atheist here. i just believe that the more you are pooped on, the more likely you will belive in some cosmic justice. helps you sleep at night. God's chosen people are some of the worst luck people in history. I'd just convert personally....

no THEY HAVE TO SUFFER ON EARTH BECAUSE natas is king of earth so CHRIST FOLLOWERS OF COURSE SUFFER first. The non believers will suffer second and twice death. I RECOMMEND YOU LOOK DEEPER INTO YOU EXISTANCE FRIEND

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Thanks for asking....

All have the choice to get "under the rain" notice all those just watching? See: www.youtube.com...

Also here's some "handbook" stuff for consideration:

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

To the LORD time is irrelevant. He is still on the throne and He is working out His purposes. Why has He NOT already come for His Church? Here is the answer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance .

The LORD has been gracious to us. He is giving the unbelievers a chance to repent before the tribulation begins. He wants the believers to repent as well. Read on.

More: jesus-is-the-way.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
God creates us all according to theists.

Theists tell me: Why would a god do such a thing if he truly loves each of us equally?

BTW I am an athiest, but I am generally interested in your thoughts on this.

God does love everyone equally.

Thats something completely different that your speaking of that is called equal opportunities.

Thats man made.

Everyone is made unique and has different experiences, if we were all the same there would be no reason for us to be here at all because we would be the same person. It would not make sense logically to have around 7 billion clones living on the earth would it?

God gave everyone free will, you can choose to believe the bibles message or not to believe. He did not create your preferences but does know of them as the bible says.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

People, regardless of IQ, have to make a decision whether or not to believe in God. God doesn't play favorites by "making" someone with a high IQ not believe in God. That's their choice, God's not involved in that choice at all. That is why not all people with high IQs don't believe in God and not all people with lower IQs believe in God.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There's no way to know if God does or doesn't exist.

So I chose to live my life how I want and try to always improve myself and always do what's right.

Believing in God is irrelevant. And if he really does exist but can't forgive me for that, then he's not much of a God anyways.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

Hi old friend!

Hope all is well!

OT

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I believe in god, and i am sure my analytical skills are better than most with alot higher iq. IQ means nothing.

God does not play favs, like how my life was destroyed. My life was deswtroyed by humans, not god. You people think to much in a way that you are taught to think, like the consumer society we are in.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Hey friend,

I agree!

If God "favored" smart ones, that would be exclusionary right?

God's about the lowest COMMON denominator.....unwilling that ALL should "perish"

You good?

OT

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I'm doing well. It's freezing over here in Germany! How're you doing?

If God "favored" smart ones, that would be exclusionary right?

If God favored anyone, as far as believing in him, it indeed would be exclusionary. It would also be unreasonable for him to desire for all to come to repentance if not everyone could believe in him in the first place!

I thought that these two verses fit this conversation rather well:

Acts 10.34:

So Peter opened his mouth and said: "Truly I understand that God shows no partiality..."

And Romans 2.11:

For God shows no partiality.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's not that He plays favorites...everyone is given free will, that is, to either live ungodly in an ungodly world, or try to live Godly in an ungodly world. The choices that stem from that will determine if you are an atheist, or a believer. And then all choices an individual makes will stem from that branch.

Satan's job is to distract everyone. Once we're distracted (longer days at work, bills, problematic relationships, electronics, etc.) we're disconnected from God. Once we're disconnected from God we're more prone to sin, which is what it's all about.

But God doesn't play favorites. All are created equal. The only reason why someone seems like they're favored by God is because society dictates that to us (keeping up with the whole Jones' thing), it's not what God taught us.

Never doubt in the Dark (society, on earth) what God showed you in the Light (in spirit, in Christ).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join