It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does god play favorites?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

equality is where the end becomes the beginning..
logic can not build without contrast.

it' snot about what you have,
it's about what you don't have,
and we all share in not having a perfect world in our views.
we are equal more then we think,
even when we are made different.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

As others have already suggested your concept of "intelligence/IQ" is probably something conjured up from those who are at war with the "God" that you say does not exist.

I personally have observed that those who score higher on a contrived "IQ" test are more likely to be more "evil".

As you have hinted "beliefs" may indeed be directly linked to "genetics/bloodline".

We all function exactly as we were designed.

So... don't worry. You are acting/thinking/writing precisely as you were programmed.

Have a nice day!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
God doesn't play favorites circumstances do.

All are equal in the name of infinity.

A lot of you forgot that you are eternal I take it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Vanity, Vanity, Vanity, all is Vanity and comes to 0...

Even the Greatest become dust....

The world is Not about the achievement or the development, of the human race!

Think out side the box, Not like a human Primate...

It is Obvious something else is going on!

So what is it All really about???

I hope it isn't about self pitty???

Why is humanity soooooo Blind?

What is it, they are frightened of?

Religion is only to hide the Truth because of fear....

Science is also the result of the same that produces religion.

Beliefs, Beliefs, Beliefs.....

When is humankind going to stop running away from themselves, and turn around and ask Why?

Know Your Selves!

Your god is a human god, created by each and every human primate, according to each owns invention, through imagination.

Science....???

Do you really believe Alien think like humankind, and share the same views in science???

Really.... ???? #%%#@%TY

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs
There's no way to know if God does or doesn't exist.

So I chose to live my life how I want and try to always improve myself and always do what's right.

Believing in God is irrelevant. And if he really does exist but can't forgive me for that, then he's not much of a God anyways.

Interesting, I can assur you that if you OR A LOVED 1 were staring death in its transparent eyes you would automatically say GOD PLEASE HELP ME OR US

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I know where you are coming from but, I do not believe that my "higher power" chooses favorites...I think we are like one of those ant farms. you start them then you watch them with there free will, but every once in a while you Shake em up!!
Matrix you are completly correct on a few things like "Not based on self pity. Thats the basae of the whole thread

[edit on 10/15/2009 by cowboyz4ever]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
perhaps, arrogance? idk.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's never been about favortism and it definately has nothing to do with an I.Q. - it's about worth.

God is spirit and he once said that his spirit wouldn't strive with man forever, because we are also flesh. So he's limited our days in the flesh to the max of 120 years. To strive means to make an effort, so though he will periodically try to get your attention at some point he's going to stop trying if one is not open to receiving.

God is the greatest mystery ever and he is revealed through the Son. Everything has been put in the Sons hands - including the mysteries. And it was the Son, who said "I disclose my mysteries to those who are worthy of my mysteries."

So what merits a person to have worth in the Sons eyes? You do just like his Mother said and "do whatever he tells you" and the first thing he directed everyone to do is repent.

The kingdom of God is right now, it's going on all around you and you are just not recognizing it. You're failure to recognize things that are of a spiritual nature, doesn't mean you are dumb or have a low I.Q, it just means that you are not spiritually awake. The Son warns on more than one occassion, that you must wake up spiritually or you will perish.

Many have put their hope in this awakening but they are ignorant of how to apply the teachings. There are keys that open the door to the other side.

The playing ground is very level. In fact, you have a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right. It's only a matter of how bad you want it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The thing is, if god was truly impartial, we would see 50% of all groups (high iq, low iq, middle of the range) believing. We don't.

Surely, god knows that people with a certain mental capability are less likely to believe in him. The question then becomes, why would he create a group of people who are less likely to believe, all other things being equal.

Regardless of whether you agree with IQ testing, you have to see this is pretty strange.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
gawd, so many words, all coming out of all but gods own mouth (lol). Will the real one that speaks on behalf of this god please step forward, and everyone else please shut up for a minute while only they speak.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

People, regardless of IQ, have to make a decision whether or not to believe in God. God doesn't play favorites by "making" someone with a high IQ not believe in God. That's their choice, God's not involved in that choice at all. That is why not all people with high IQs don't believe in God and not all people with lower IQs believe in God.

this is ridiculously untrue. For a long while, i tried and i tried hard to believe in god, but when your mind refuses to accept such a baseless idea, you really can't do anything about it.

what i dont understand is how you believer's can trick your mind into "faith" (believing without any proof)

i tried this, but it didnt work....

my iq is 145........... hey! i think the op is right. i believe IQ and religious beliefs are directly proportional

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Interesting, I can assur you that if you OR A LOVED 1 were staring death in its transparent eyes you would automatically say GOD PLEASE HELP ME OR US

thats actually quite untrue, my best friend 2 years ago was hit by a car while we were walking down the street, he was injured badly and as he lay there on the side of the road, dying, a man began to pray, my friend said to me, "Hey Jack, can you tell that guy to shut the hell up? I'm atheist"

true story

and i am now done with this thread..... you cant argue with people that believe in god (because their iq is lower)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
There is no God higher than yourself. Your 3rd density physical body is only a frequency and not you, in reality. Your spirit determines your path, not anyone else. God does not judge and God does not choose and everything you are and have chosen to be in this lifetime, is what YOU determined beforehand. If anyone had any say in your evolution, then your evolution would be up to them, and God did not plan it that way, because you would never evolve if that was the case. You are the one who determines what your I.Q will be before you enter this world, and you determine how aware of God you want to be in this lifetime, God only being a manifestation of your higher self or spirit.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Rom 9:9-24
For this is the word of promise: "At this time I will come and Sarah shall have a son.", but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger." As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated." What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion." So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth." Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens. You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?" But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?" Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor? What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Emphasis on:
But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?" Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor? What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory
---

If Pride or Chaos live within a person, they will hate the Eternal.
If OrderCharity live within a person, they will honor the Eternal.

Part of a plant is eaten, part is burned/decomposed. It is all one plant, none greater than another, but part has a greater purpose of becoming One with They who commune, the other has a great purpose of becoming examples of the power of They who consume.

Foolish understanding tells us that all are given to equally.
Wise understanding sees correctly that we are all given to.

Just because Christians teach that God gives to all the same, it doesn't make it true.
Just because Christians treat those they oppose so poorly, it doesn't make it an action in Christ's name.

Ignore the inconsistency of the so-called faithful.
When Christ came to us, he rejected those who were hypocrites. Not because they were failures, but because they were filled with Pride. Generally, those who currently claim to be Gods' are now filled with Chaos and are hypocrites just the same. Those who fear the Beast have become the Empire that they fear.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: I would like to apply for that position that you have offered and here is my resume on my demi god status and I hope it meets your selection criteria requirements. Either way I would like to ask whether you have ever considered the Omnipresence of God and what that actually might imply?

Personal Disclosure: and thanks for the opportunity to maybe speak on the behalf of God!

P.S. I hope that your selection criteria requirements actually consider the position as being able to be filled!, or were you just wasting members time with your request?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

he is god after all, if he exists. who are we to question him?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

quoting a bunch of bible verses doesn't accomplish anything.

god does play favorites, another example.

god lets there be evil, rich people; god lets there be poor innocent starving children

god doesn't give a #

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I suppose it depends on "which" God you mean.

Dyu mean the one in the Old Testament, who was mean, cruel, vindictive, jealous and full of hate? I hope not that one, cos he's a complete w**ker, to be honest. Or the reformed one of the New Testament who's kinder and more gentle?

Or which Roman god(s)? Or which Greek god(s)? Or dyu mean Allah or Jaweh, etc..?

This is why I don't think there are any favourites, any preferred or any reviled. Because there is NO ONE looking out for us. We need to look out for ourselves.

Would make a better world if some people realised that.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderabove

That was a ridiculously fast response to my post. I am fairly certain you were not able to read, digest, criticize, analyze your criticism, formulate thoughtful response, and post in that time period.

I clearly addressed your statements and I am very unsure how to respond other than to elaborate by simplifying. I would greatly appreciate if you would be more gentle next time.

God does not give to, but does regard all equally. If convincing is needed for anyone who cares to reference scripture, I did so above.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thunderabove
reply to post by Dasher

quoting a bunch of bible verses doesn't accomplish anything.

god does play favorites, another example.

god lets there be evil, rich people; god lets there be poor innocent starving children

god doesn't give a #

You must believe there is something outside of yourself, huh?

Do you even realize that the impressions on your visual cortex being interpreted by your brain is only a set of frequencies and everything we perceive outside us in the world is a reflection of what is going on inside us already. There is no outside reality, only what is on the inside. That is YOUR reality. What goes on in someone else's head is their reality, not yours.

When you see others suffer, you are not seeing God mistreating those people. Those people are not real, in your reality. They are a reflection of you and what you see is your personal lesson, meant for only you.

You are not subject to anyone else's reality only your own, so when you look at something in the world and see it as reality, you make it YOUR reality at that moment. There is no starvation There is no real suffering. Those are illusions of the flesh and physical. If you were starving or suffering, You would be doing it to yourself. Nobody is doing it TO YOU. You perceive it that way, so it becomes so.

You create your own reality, so why give that power to anyone outside yourself. Take responsibility for yourself and quite blaming others.

And give yourself more love too, and acceptance.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by nwodeath]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join