It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does god play favorites?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I'll admit that I only read the original post and nothing else. I would just like to give a simple answer.

My IQ is around 140 (a bit higher than average) and I very much believe in God. HOWEVER...I question things. I am not a blind follower and I think that many things in the bible have been taken too literally.

So.....while I do not think having a high IQ means you do not believe in God, it does mean that you are a thinker and therefore tend to ask more questions and look for the anwers, rather than have them fed to you.

140's pretty high. The bible says it's literal. It also says it's the truth. If you don't accept that, what else can be taken with a grain of salt? I was once where you are; questioning but still believing. Then it clicked one day that if anything was wrong, the whole damn thing was. That was the end of my theism.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

I've been given a gift of understanding and am able to learn from what I see. I've been shown many things. Often, we look right at Life and don't see. Thankfully, God has given me the ability to also communicate what I have seen and They have already communicated so much in this world that I am able to reference it in history, science, religious texts, etc (yes, there is great wisdom to be learned from all religions, however, all religions end in idolatry). I am as all are.

Judges 6:24 - So Gideon built an altar there to YHWH, and called it "YHWH-Order."
1 John 4:8 - He who does not love does not know YHWH, for YHWH is Charity.

Deu 32:28 For they are a nation void of counsel, neither is there any understanding in them.
Job 12:13 With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.

Yin-Yang looks at this as well and does it's best to explain. In fact, it does a lot of good to explain certain aspects of what is, but does neglect a huge portion of wisdom.

The general flow of Hinduism also can be connected greatly to many truths of what is able to be observed easily. Unfortunately, the harder things are to observe, the more quickly they become false gods, thusly, since Hinduism delves into many parts of the unseen, it is riddled with icons or "capsules" that are worshiped as independent gods. Likewise, the Jews quickly made the golden calf and Christians quickly made "the great triangle" (the Trinity). While in general, idols may be based on good observation, they are based on a poor understanding of what is seen due to a lack of a gift of spiritual understanding (Faith). Counsel AND Understanding. The Word/Communication is given and so is the Understanding/Interpretation.

Digressing;
Through the Judeo-Christian scriptures, we can follow Gods' contacting of man in this general format...
God, manifesting as both the Angel of the Lord, and then also the Spirit of the Lord. The Angel communicated with people, while the the Spirit entered into people. There are Angels who serve the Angel of the Lord and is referred to as having a greater inhertance than the rest. There are Spirits who serve the Spirit of the Lord who were of wisdom, strength, lies, etc.

The Spirit of the Lord entered a woman (servant Angels had come to her to communicate this) and brought forth the Angel of the Lord in physical form (aka. The Word - Counsel). Later in His life, Christ promised that He would come in Spirit and after His ressurrection proceeded to breathe out the Comforter (aka. The Spirit - Understanding) into the world. Now, the teaching goes that Christ and Comfort are both inside of the individuals who have heard any form of God's Word (meaning the teaching of God, not necessarilly the bible only) and have also been gifted faith (spiritual understanding).

Also, through basic common sense, we can follow Gods' word from the Void to the Spiritual...
Form and movement. Particles contain both. Objects contain both in greater amounts (physics). Another and more complex expression of form and movement is DNA and Life (healing, growing, etc). We all have risen up from the dirt and express a programming. This is the Word from the Void expressed in more and more detail. We all have the ability to live (heal, grow, etc) and judge (even animals in lesser and more restricted ways). This is the Soul from the Void expressed in more and more detail. We are the gods that come from the dirt.

Some Spirits from above have fallen so as to become temporary (fallen angels, demons, etc). They have their purpose and glorify the Creators. Some Flesh from below have been risen up enough to become eternal (God's Elect). This has happened by God raising Life up, but also from God bringing Life down.

So, from Void to Eternal Things, God has expressed Themselves in both physical and spiritual forms and both temporary and eternal forms. As humans, we are the point at which all these things cross. We are the paradox. Not all perfection. Not all void. Not all eternal Not all temporary. Some of us move "up" to perfection and many return to void. As above, so below. Some spirits moved "down" to "darkness" and many will return to the Creators.

Furthermore...
The primary forms of Void are easy to spot. Chaos and Pride. The opposite of the everlasting, OrderCharity. Pride implodes by inwardness. Chaos explodes by outwardness. OrderCharity is both inward and outward. Inward Charitably, and outward Orderly. Only Perfection can give forever. Nothing else can. Chaos is temporary. Only Perfection can take without causing death. Nothing else can. Pride is temporary.

I'd like to express that even in the smallest, lonliest, most ravaged, shortest living particle, God is expressed and reflected in some way. We may judge it to be cruel for such a fate to be had, however, what is expressed is a shinning jewel in our realm and caution to those who would cast judgment on They who framed these cosmos. They have created life where there was none so that some of us may be eternal and this is why all things shine, even despite a lowly life.

Rom 9:18-23
...He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens. You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?" But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?" Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor? What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory...

So then, the favoritism of God is a moot point. It is not favoritism, it is simply the Order and Charity of Life. Jealousy sees itself as worthy of a greater gift and is blind and unthankful. Humility see well and is thankful that all have been given gifts, and these gifts are all One.

1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of Faith [note* - the gift of spiritual understanding, a form of Order] and Charity... and for a helmet, the Hope of salvation [note* - the reconcilling of All Things - reference Rom 8].

[edit on 10/20/2009 by Dasher]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
140's pretty high. The bible says it's literal. It also says it's the truth. If you don't accept that, what else can be taken with a grain of salt?

The scripture never claims to be literal, but it is in a way. It is Spiritual. In it's frailty, the bible was compiled by a group of men hundreds of years after Christ and some scriptures were omitted and a very few were questionably altered. Further, it never claims to be the Word of God, but rather, it specifically states that Christ is the human manifestation of the Word and that the scriptures speak OF the Word. To declare the scriptures to be THE Word of God is to give a man-made book a name of God and it quickly leads to idolatry.

And why would it be odd for this to be said? Didn't Abraham understand, even without the scriptures or the physical manifestation of Christ?

Hbr 11:13
These (a list of the faithful in Judeo-Christian history up until Abraham and Sarah) all died in faith (spiritual understanding), not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers (aliens) and pilgrims on the earth (they knew that their eternal home was of a greater, permanent realm).

Hbr 11:14-16
For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return (meaning, if it was a physical land, it would be easy to find completion in this world by going, just as the Jews and Christians falsely idolize the dirt near the Mediterranean and act anti-Christ over it). But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

The words of Christ;
Jhn 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So, scriptures point at the unseen. It is less that it is not literal, and more that it is spiritual. Idolatry places the seen in front of the unseen. It does not look past what is evident to even the animals and cannot see what Hope we have of progressing further away from the Void which we can easily see "behind us" in that we have become so much more spiritual (and also corrupted) than the rest of creation. In other words, we can see the progress we have made in the past to become more like judges/gods, but only by looking ahead to the unseen spiritual progress will we ever be completed (saved from the fate of that which is temporary/corrupted).

...questioning but still believing.

That is how I live.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
From The Gospel of Thomas...

Quote;

Jesus said,

“Show me the stone which the builders have rejected.

That one is the cornerstone.”

Jesus said,

“Whoever believes that the All itself is deficient
is himself completely deficient”

Jesus said,

“Blessed are you when you are hated and persecuted.
Wherever you have been persecuted
they will find no Place.”

Jesus said,

Blessed are they who have been persecuted within themselves. It is they who have truly come to know The Father."

[edit on 20-10-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

I'll be honest dasher. I can't make heads or tails of what you are trying to say. It's like you are trying to be profound with repetitive, illogical word-play.
Your ability to simplify a concept is directly proportional to your understanding of it.

What are you trying to say? Try and do it in two sentences.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Are you sure the scripture never said it was literal?

gotquestions.org/Bible-literal.html
james-dave.com/literal.html

etc etc - do a google search or actually read the bible yourself.

It also say's it's the truth. What good is the truth if it's all metaphor?
If it's all not literal, how can we be sure the story of jesus is? Creation? Etc etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

God favors the heart the seeks to know him. God favors a repentant heart. God favors a humble heart and is drawn to it. God favors a pure heart above all. Yes.. God has His favorites but they are his children. God does not favor the wicked and the unbelieving nor the sinner. He cannot accept them.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Again, it is less about literalism, and is more about spirituality. The essays you linked are self-contradictory, incomplete and lack an understanding of what the scripture is communicating. They ultimately encourage people to continue in the weakness of immature civilization and follow "if, thens" as a path to understanding, just like all false religions.

Things in this life are paradoxical and only by a manifestation of God within us can we understand what is what. God's expressions to us share much with math equations regarding logic, however, they are much more complex and unseen. Taking too many things literal ends in the same sin as the Jews in the time of Christ which was one of making the Law given to man an idol.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Note* - The word "discerned" is the word for examined or judged.

This is also why miracles, in and of themselves, are not useful for all kinds of faith (understanding). Only the gift of understanding is good for understanding. This is why Christ had the following exchange with those He worked miracles in front of:

Jhn 10:24-31
Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, "How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly." Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. "I and My Father are one." Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?" The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God." Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, 'I said, "You are gods"'? "If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), "do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?

So then, why is it that you find those who say that they take the bible literally not understanding the basic words of Christ? Because they lack understanding (faith) and discernment (judgment). Faith is a gift.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith (spiritual understanding); and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Commonly Christianity advocates principles of attainment (or in the case of Buddhism the verbally inverse and logical equivalent) like all religions that always end in idolatry. Catholicism and Reformed doctrine also do the same in their own ways. Hinduism and Buddhism, Islam, Paganism, etc. All religions end in idols set up so that man can feel as though they have justified themselves. This is why the Law of the weak becomes ritualistic sets of "If, Then." However, the scripture and nature both plainly show us that we rose up like the animals, and to there from the dirt, by a gift from above. What animals are judges? Men. What animals sin? Men. What Men are good judges? Strong Men. What Men are bad judges? Weak Men.

How does the animal become a judge? How does the weak become strong? By a gift from above. The strong must help the weak as God helps us. The weak must not tear down the strong for what it does not understand, as we should not judge our Creators in our limited capabilities. How oddly contradictory is it for someone to be a weak judge and think they can bring accusation against Those who framed the Cosmos?

So then, while we are failures in our place as judges on the Earth, a position which animals are not inherently suited for and were given the position of regardless, only some have been made good judges. But, being a judge (even a weak one), being a strong judge, these are both spiritual concepts. A man who simply "follows the directions" of the Law is by no means an animal, but he is by no means strong. He is not a good judge and is a slave to the Law and his own nature, not knowing what is strong and weak. A good judge understand where the Law is strong and where the Law is weak, where he, himself, is strong and where he is weak. A good judge is able to deal with both Order AND Charity and bring light into the world. This is NOT what is happening through religions.

Religion is not, in and of itself, evil. It is simply the manifestation of our collective failings. We must not condemn religion, we must encourage all judges to be strong and good judges, and encourage all animals to be judges. What a gift we have to bestow!

Essentially, for people to "play nice," the strong judges must not condemn the weak, but they should help the weak judges become strong. The weak judges must not despise or tear down the strong judges, but they must confidently serve their gods and laws according to their convictions and without the hypocrisy that makes them appear as the animals. In time, good judges will rise up from a healthy soil made by the already good judges. Tend to yourself and also your neighbor as yourself.

- I am a bit distracted in my life at the moment, so I was not able to review my post as thoroughly as I'd like, so please forgive me for my weakness showing, if it does.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

God favors the heart the seeks to know him. God favors a repentant heart. God favors a humble heart and is drawn to it. God favors a pure heart above all. Yes.. God has His favorites but they are his children. God does not favor the wicked and the unbelieving nor the sinner. He cannot accept them.

You do realise that god claims to make us all, good and bad. What about people who are born psychopaths? People with brain disfunction that god created, which makes them bad. How does that work with your world view?

The fact is if he created something that couldn't get into heaven because of his rules, that would mean he loved some souls better than others.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
Again, it is less about literalism, and is more about spirituality.

If that's the case then the bible is plain wrong.

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book”
—Revelation 22:18-19

The essays you linked are self-contradictory, incomplete and lack an understanding of what the scripture is communicating. They ultimately encourage people to continue in the weakness of immature civilization and follow "if, thens" as a path to understanding, just like all false religions.

It was the first two on google. There are thousands more. A very large proportion of christians believe in literalism.

Things in this life are paradoxical and only by a manifestation of God within us can we understand what is what.

I think your writing is paradoxical. Life's not.

God's expressions to us share much with math equations regarding logic,

Like his ability to calculate pi?

however, they are much more complex and unseen. Taking too many things literal ends in the same sin as the Jews in the time of Christ which was one of making the Law given to man an idol.

The problem with your view is that if it's not literal, you can take anything from it you choose. A sane creator giving each "soul" the same chance to win the game would make it clear as day.

So then, why is it that you find those who say that they take the bible literally not understanding the basic words of Christ? Because they lack understanding (faith) and discernment (judgment). Faith is a gift.

That's your interpretation. The point is that a sane creator would give each and every one of us, if he truly loved us all equally from the outset, the same chance to reach your conclusions (assuming it's you that is right, and not the other 10,000+ interpretations of the bible). It's obvious we don't have that same chance.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith (spiritual understanding); and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Commonly Christianity advocates principles of attainment (or in the case of Buddhism the verbally inverse and logical equivalent) like all religions that always end in idolatry. Catholicism and Reformed doctrine also do the same in their own ways. Hinduism and Buddhism, Islam, Paganism, etc. All religions end in idols set up so that man can feel as though they have justified themselves. This is why the Law of the weak becomes ritualistic sets of "If, Then." However, the scripture and nature both plainly show us that we rose up like the animals, and to there from the dirt, by a gift from above. What animals are judges? Men. What animals sin? Men. What Men are good judges? Strong Men. What Men are bad judges? Weak Men.

Animals don't sin? Weasels rape baby weasels. Most species sleep around and have same-sex relations. Most animals kill. I'm sure if we could understand them they'd be swearing their asses off when they get hurt. Etc... etc... etc.

How does the animal become a judge? How does the weak become strong? By a gift from above. The strong must help the weak as God helps us. The weak must not tear down the strong for what it does not understand, as we should not judge our Creators in our limited capabilities. How oddly contradictory is it for someone to be a weak judge and think they can bring accusation against Those who framed the Cosmos?

You make a whole ton of statements as if they are facts. I'm just going off what it says in the bible. god created us. The universe is for us, this world is for us. He loves us. He wants us to believe in his son. He wants us to get to heaven so we can worship him fulltime, bowing at his magnificence. We do that by bowing lots during this life, hoping to do it more for eternity.

Wouldn't someone who wants us to get to heaven not stack the deck against certain people? Tell me, why would a creator who truly loved each soul equally do this? One good reason?

So then, while we are failures in our place as judges on the Earth, a position which animals are not inherently suited for and were given the position of regardless, only some have been made good judges. But, being a judge (even a weak one), being a strong judge, these are both spiritual concepts. A man who simply "follows the directions" of the Law is by no means an animal, but he is by no means strong. He is not a good judge and is a slave to the Law and his own nature, not knowing what is strong and weak. A good judge understand where the Law is strong and where the Law is weak, where he, himself, is strong and where he is weak. A good judge is able to deal with both Order AND Charity and bring light into the world. This is NOT what is happening through religions.

Your writing is like the babbling of a donkey on meth; uterrly incomprehensible to all. Think before you speak. Say it out loud and it might not come across so poorly.

Religion is not, in and of itself, evil. It is simply the manifestation of our collective failings. We must not condemn religion, we must encourage all judges to be strong and good judges, and encourage all animals to be judges. What a gift we have to bestow!

Blind leading the blind? If you can't distill your argument down, you have no position worth thinking about.

Essentially, for people to "play nice," the strong judges must not condemn the weak, but they should help the weak judges become strong. The weak judges must not despise or tear down the strong judges, but they must confidently serve their gods and laws according to their convictions and without the hypocrisy that makes them appear as the animals. In time, good judges will rise up from a healthy soil made by the already good judges. Tend to yourself and also your neighbor as yourself.

More babbling. Please, make it simple. Use statements. Don't predict the future. Don't make up your own terminology (judges, ordercharity). Don't waffle. Don't preach. Just strip your argument down to it's core. State it.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by xelamental]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

[

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book”

I am just wondering if you are aware, there are 110 known different versions of the Revelation of JC.

These are the original Greek texts, I am referring to.

You can check this out in most libraries esp. university libraries.

The Romans chose one of these versions (The Revelation of JC), to use in their collection of Greek and Hebrew writings, that is called the bible but many changes were also made in the translation and even words that gave different meanings were inserted.

One of these words used was the word "Horse". You would probably understand this word to mean a horse in a paddock or in the wild, but the Greek meaning of the word used was used as in the context of a "Horse" Chestnut, where the Word Horse means "Large and Round", and Not that animal the horse.

The Horses in the Revelation of JC were actually referring to the Large Round Discs... A White Horse (Disc) A red Horse (Disc) A Black Horse (Disc) and A Pale Horse; in the original Greek A Green Horse (Disc) and Not a Pale Horse.

The writings in fact are Not about the human primate commonly known as the descendants of A'Dam but instead about the Metamorphoses of the soul called Man Not A'Dam.

The writings in the bible are only a few of the many writings of that time.

The bible you read today is a humanised version of the parables that tell the story of the Metamorphoses of the Soul.

Another was the use of the Word church as in the 7 churches of Asia. The word church replaced the original words "The Assemblies of Lights" and the word in Greek for Light is “Phos” (The light of the sun or star or of any other luminous origin) and does Not mean understanding or any other meaning.

Most of the 110 different versions of The Revelation of JC have these words at the end.

From The Gospel of Thomas...

Quote;

39. Jesus said,

The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.

They themselves have NOT entered,
nor have they allowed to enter
those who wish to.

You, however, be as wise as serpents
and as innocent as doves.”

[edit on 25-10-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

You are right, it's all bunk.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

God creates us all according to theists.
Recent research shows that the higher your IQ, the less likely you are to believe in god. But god made us.

Yea, G-d did create us and our intelligence or lack of.

But the higher ones IQ is does not necessary mean that he/she is less likely to believe in G-d.

in fact,

common sense shows that people who have not read the bible have no Knowledge of g-d at all, and therefor have no belief in him.

G-d created man in the form of a triune being having a body, spirit, and mind. Unfortunately man does not use his mind to unlock his spirit.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Check out an ancient christian text called....

The Thunder Perfect Mind

It should be easy to find on the net.

It is claimed to be a cofession made by JC.

I think you will enjoy reading it, only a few pages.... perhaps 3 or 4 at the most.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I only read the OP and some of this page.

Just to say I have a high IQ, no need to vainly flash around numbers, and I very much believe in a ultimate creator.

Once again however I notice a thread which starts by questioning god, but does so by questioning christianity. Do not rely on anyone's scripture to guide you through life. Learn what you can but make informed decisions on your own based upon what you are able to experience.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
reply to post by oliveoil

Check out an ancient christian text called....

The Thunder Perfect Mind

It should be easy to find on the net.

It is claimed to be a cofession made by JC.

I think you will enjoy reading it, only a few pages.... perhaps 3 or 4 at the most.

Good find.
I wish the author, date, and place of this composition were better known.
Another so called piece of the puzzle.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I believe I have answered you well in clarity and thoroughness. I am sorry that you were not able to understand, even if in disagreement.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

I could Not put this better myself... Thank you Dasher for your input..
If I may quote your words again because they should be valued by all.

May I add my favourite words from The Gospel of Thomas ?
Quote;

Jesus said,

“The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.

They themselves
have NOT entered,
nor have they allowed
to enter those
who wish to.

You, however,
be as wise as serpents
and as innocent as doves.”

These keys can be found in Genesis where most assume falsely, that "A’Dam" and "MAN" are one and the same.

The descendants of A'Dam have coveted the name and title MAN, thus committing fornication.

A’Dam is the animal primate.
His life is the breath.
And walks on the Earth

But MAN is the Soul.
And the Life of the Soul, is the "Light" which is the Life of God.
The Soul has Not descended from heaven but remains in heaven.

When these two titles are confused as one entity, then the book is sealed.

But if we recognise this fact then the seals are broken and the book can be read.

This knowledge comes by Grace only.

As Jesus said,
"No one (written or translated incorrectly as man) has assended into heaven, save him who came down from heaven."

This is because "MAN" is already in Heaven but the descendants of A'Dam are on the Earth.

Dust to Dust, and Ashes to Ashes, but I shall remain with my Father in Heaven.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

God creates us all according to theists.
Recent research shows that the higher your IQ, the less likely you are to believe in god. But god made us.

Yea, G-d did create us and our intelligence or lack of.

But the higher ones IQ is does not necessary mean that he/she is less likely to believe in G-d.

in fact,

common sense shows that people who have not read the bible have no Knowledge of g-d at all, and therefor have no belief in him.

G-d created man in the form of a triune being having a body, spirit, and mind. Unfortunately man does not use his mind to unlock his spirit.

Your logic is clouded by bias. Studies show that people with high IQ, and additionally those with higher education are less likely than average to believe in god.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher

I believe I have answered you well in clarity and thoroughness. I am sorry that you were not able to understand, even if in disagreement.

I would love to be able to take your point onboard; unfortunately I wasn't able to make out what your point was. Can't you put it down in 1-2 sentences?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join