It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

well i was born in 1954 and i have one. it cost me 6 bucks at the camden county registrars office in new jersey.
as for not having one,you better check again,by asking the resistrar to see the page they are getting the info from in the book.
everyone has one.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Even Nancy Pelosi once commented publicly shortly after his Senate election what a shame it was that he couldn’t run for President because he was foreign born.

Is there any archived audio/video of this? This would help immensely.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
also no byline..who wrote it? and it doesn't even give the AP byline, who wrote it for AP?

I'm not convinced it was from AP at all. AP could stand for African Press or something else for all we know.
Maybe the initials of the writer?

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Where would anybody come up with the idea that he was born in Kenya, unless he told then that????????

He is considered a "son of Kenya" because his father was born there. It's just one possibility. I don't know what to think about this yet, but it's part of the African culture to have such pride in people "from their country". It could just be a misunderstanding.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I am not advocating censoring anything I am just objecting to that bold yellow headline on every page...it might as well be flashing.

Nor am I afraid of anything...the blithers have a track record of zilch when it comes to crediblity and a huge track record of fraud and guliblity.

Even if true all you will get is President Biden.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yea, but his grandmother stated he was born in Kenya. Then she just dissapeared off the scene and hasn't done an interview since. I don't have that article at hand right now, so I know everyone will be asking to see that one. I am sure someone knows it by heart already.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Somebody posted the allafrica weblink earlier. Allafrica has offices in Washington DC with 19 employees.

allafrica.com...

And I assume that you'd like to see a lot more 'Ghanas' in Africa. And part of your policy would be, I assume, to encourage that.

Absolutely.

How?

Well, part of it is lifting up successful models. And so, by traveling to Ghana, we hope to highlight the effective governance that they have in place.

I don't think that we can expect that every country is going to undergo these transitions in the same way at the same time. But we have seen progress in democracy and transparency and rule of law, in the protection of property rights, in anti-corruption efforts. We have seen progress over the last several years; in some cases, though, we're also seeing some backsliding. In my father's own country of Kenya, I'm concerned about how the political parties do not seem to be moving into a permanent reconciliation that would allow the country to move forward. And Kenya is not alone in some of the problems that we've seen of late, post-election or pre-election.

And we just want to make sure that people are mindful that this isn't just some abstract notion that we're trying to impose on Africa. There is a very practical, pragmatic consequence to political instability and corruption when it comes to whether people can feed their families, educate their children, and we think that Africa - the African continent is a place of extraordinary promise as well as challenges. We're not going to be able to fulfill those promises unless we see better governance.

In the above interview between Obama and Allafrica he even told them and they quoted and posted it on there site." In my father's own country of Kenya, I'm concerned about how the political parties do not seem to be moving into a permanent reconciliation that would allow the country to move forward." He didn't say in my home country but his fathers home country.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It would be great if they prove he was born in Kenya, and they have to, by law, toss him out of the White House. I bet the Progressive's head would explode.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I wasborn in 1955 and I have a long form but that is only because I am adopted...if it weren't for that all I would have is the original short form...and I have served as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Look at the date "2 July 2009". Of course he is going to say "In my fathers country". He will not just up and say My home country when he is already president.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Probably because they are frauds and didn't exist before.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I listened to your audio clip several times and didn't hear the words, "Kenyan-Born," at all. What I did hear very clearly at ~0.45 into the clip was "...a person of African heritage."

Olara Otunnu (Harvard Law, 1978) relating the remark of Kenyan historian Ali Mazrui on the oddity that a member of Kenya's Luo tribe (Barack Obama, a Kenyan citizen and Luo tribe member from birth) may become president of the United States before a Luo tribe member becomes president of Kenya. "Town Hall Forum: An Examination of Race, Age, Gender & Religion in the 2008 Election," Harvard Law School Reunions, Oct. 25, 2008, 9:15 a.m. (Austin Hall, 1st Floor, West), at 60:17 mark.

I think it's important to remember that this clip is from 2008. By that time, most academics in support of Obama would have been very sensitive to the fact that Obama would need to be a native-born American in order to be elected president.

One of three things can be inferred from that supposition. One, they still believed he was Kenyan-born but deferred to the accepted pro-Obama position that he was a native-born American; two, they believed he was native-born after he stated that he was and referred to his birth as American: or, three, neither of those things were ever an issue for them, they were simply using a nation-wide meme when referring to Obama all along, were sensitized to the way that meme was perceived by Americans from media coverage and, therefore, were careful never again to use it when referring to Obama.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeelaSavage
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I listened to your audio clip several times and didn't hear the words, "Kenyan-Born," at all. What I did hear very clearly at ~0.45 into the clip was "...a person of African heritage..."

Olara Otunnu (Harvard Law, 1978) relating the remark of Kenyan historian Ali Mazrui on the oddity that a member of Kenya's Luo tribe (Barack Obama, a Kenyan citizen and Luo tribe member from birth) may become president of the United States before a Luo tribe member becomes president of Kenya. "Town Hall Forum: An Examination of Race, Age, Gender & Religion in the 2008 Election," Harvard Law School Reunions, Oct. 25, 2008, 9:15 a.m. (Austin Hall, 1st Floor, West), at 60:17 mark.

I think it's important to remember that this clip is from 2008. By that time, most academics in support of Obama would have been very sensitive to the fact that Obama would need to be a native-born American in order to be elected president.

One of three things can be inferred from that supposition. One, they still believed he was Kenyan-born but deferred to the accepted pro-Obama position that he was a native-born American; two, they believed he was native-born after he stated that he was and referred to his birth as American: or, three, neither of those things were ever an issue for them, they were simply using a nation-wide meme when referring to Obama all along, were sensitized to the way that meme was perceived by Americans from media coverage and, therefore, were careful never again to use it when referring to Obama.

I am still baffled by the audio blurb's quote, "(Barack Obama, a Kenyan citizen and Luo tribe member from birth)." Where did that come from? Was it from the person who uploaded the audio clip, the historian, Olara Otunnu himself, or someone altogether different?

...curiouser and curiouser.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by LeelaSavage]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So we are to assume that this is just some crazy coincidence? That someone back in 2004 just happened to make a mistake on his birth place? How did he make such a mistake? Where did he get this "false" information? If this doesn't give credence to the accusations and actually make people that were on the fence think of the possibility, then what would? Oh maybe a long form birth certificate with his itty bitties and a bonafied human witness, aka Doctor. Too bad we have yet to lay our eyes upon it. Oh...but...seriously....this is all hogwash.....

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

From time to time I "copy the mail" on the Obama birthplace issue. I'm puzzled by the lack of mention of his mothers present day physical location. Why hasn't some one looked her up and asked her where Obama was born. If anyone knows, she knows. Is she dead? I'm curious.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purge
I smell despiration.

I do too, in the way that certain obama supporters on ATS show up whenever there is a thread on this subject and then frantically try to deflect and/or debunk it (see following post by BH as an example). If there was absolutely nothing to it, as they like to claim, why bother? It was noticing how frantic they all are that actually made me sit up and pay attention to this issue in the first place.

Trust, but verify - your life could depend on it.

Seriously??? You're quoting Ronald Reagan to help make your point?

[edit on 10/15/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Check this out.

Modern Ghana.com

Looks like they may have made a correction to their article...

For Ghana, Obama's visit will be a celebration of another milestone in African history as it hosts the first-ever African-American President on this presidential visit to the continent of his father's birth.

Yet, WND reports it as saying this:

For Ghana, Obama's visit will be a celebration of another milestone in African history as it hosts the first-ever African-American President on this presidential visit to the continent of his birth.

A supposed screenshot from WND:

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by centurion1211

I am not advocating censoring anything I am just objecting to that bold yellow headline on every page...it might as well be flashing.

It's still a form of censorship ...

Nor am I afraid of anything...the blithers have a track record of zilch when it comes to crediblity and a huge track record of fraud and guliblity.

Even if true all you will get is President Biden.

You're ignoring my "warning" about the banned use of derogatory political labels here on ATS?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Scooby Doo

And this proves what? Its another personal assumption from another author of another newspaper.

What would have prompted the author to say Obama was born in Kenya? Are you saying he just "assumed" he was from Kenya for no reason as he wrote that article? Wouldn't he have gotten the facts straight before it was finalized?

[edit on 10/15/2009 by bl4ke360]

Ha! Get their facts straight?? Are you kidding? Since when is fact checking or research been a part of MSM or slanted articles. People can type whatever they want and pass it off as legit. I am sure there are alot of people here who could fabricate a document or newstory to say whatever they want and make it look "real".

Oh, of course according to you, no one would ever print anything untrue or false. That never happens......(Sarcasm is just oozing off this sentence.....)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitus impudicus
Is she dead? I'm curious.

Yes. she died right before the election.

Sorry, it was his grandmother that raised him that died right before the election. His mother died quite a few years ago.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Not going to comment on Obama's legitimacy. I'm just going to offer the following observation.

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon on this one something to bear in mind.

The article proves the writer thought Obama was born in Kenya.

That is ALL it proves.

Whether he wrote and filed it through AP or not, its only his assumption, made at the time of writing.

Well, it does prove that he thought he was born in Kenya, your right about that. But it does not prove it was assumption on his part, you are actually assuming that he assumed. Unless we find out exactly why he said that then we could also assume Obama himself told him this, but you know what they say about assumptions. I'm more interested in this extraordinary coincidence, which probably isn't a coincidence.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join