It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Also, Skeptic, don't you think it was a bit "grandiose" to make this big yellow link, thinking you have information that has exposed Obama, yet you're not sure of the AP status of the article.

It's like, "don't count your chickens before they hatch."

This is getting phonier by the minute...

I think that article is the real deal according to research done on another forum, they have the web site posted from that year with a picture of it, but I need to check back to see what is new,

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LeelaSavage

I went to all three and ran searches of them for born, birth, and president to rule out misquotes and didn't find anything close to what has been reported. Unless maybe there's another debate besides those three or it wasn't said during a debate?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Also, Skeptic, don't you think it was a bit "grandiose" to make this big yellow link, thinking you have information that has exposed Obama, yet you're not sure of the AP status of the article.

It's like, "don't count your chickens before they hatch."

This is getting phonier by the minute...

I think that article is the real deal according to research done on another forum, they have the web site posted from that year with a picture of it, but I need to check back to see what is new,

No, I agree that the article is "Real," but I think that it's not giving us the full truth.

I think that it was most likely written by some reporter that thought Obama was born in Kenya. I mean, the paper is written in Africa, so maybe they actually thought it was true,

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am an ardent "Birther," but I feel strongly that those of us who seek the truth must remain clear on our objective.

Obviously, some Kenyans are under the impression that Obama is both Kenyan-born and America's first Black president. As to the former, the jury is still out. The latter, however, is well known. Obama is not the America's first Black president, only America's first recognized Black president.

A phenomenal accomplishment in its own right.

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Where would anybody come up with the idea that he was born in Kenya, unless he told then that????????

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I think that it was most likely written by some reporter that thought Obama was born in Kenya. I mean, the paper is written in Africa, so maybe they actually thought it was true,

Yes, then we have to wonder why they thought it was true, ;o)

I had posted another article from 2006 saying Kenyan born did you see it?

and an audio clip stating the same thing, One has to wonder.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Where would anybody come up with the idea that he was born in Kenya, unless he told then that????????

BINGO, you win the cupie doll.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Obviously, some Kenyans are under the impression that Obama is both Kenyan-born and America's first Black president. As to the former, the jury is still out. The latter, however, is well known. Obama is not the America's first Black president, only America's first recognized Black president.

And yes they would be proud of the fact and want to recognize him as one of their own.

[edit on 023131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I think I'll buy what state officials confirm to me as opposed to what somebody assumed on a small time online news site.

SG

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

Really? With all of the corruption uncovered seemingly since the beginning of time we should choose someone's word over undeniable proof when it is available?

I guess I am hard-headed but I will NEVER understand why some folks don't find Obama's denial to show the vault copy coupled with the effort to keep it secretly locked away odd.

I just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, this is just MADNESS!!!

I think ATS should make a forum for all of this Political Madness in the U.S.

hey, wait a min......

Coincidence? OR CONSPIRACY

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
WHO CARES.......? Some of you act like your un-covering an opps my bad issue with the GOVERNMENT. WHO CARES? This doesn't change the fact he's president, it doesn't change the fact he's as bad as the other ones before him...It doesn't change the fact untill you stop voting for Republican and Democrats you will never get real change. It deasn't change the fact the the government is still raping you pay checks to distribute your money to big banks who re-distribute it to priviledge few in the form of bonuses.... Really instead of getting pissed about this get pissed about your money being given out again by AIG in bonuses.... UNREAL... Obama is the same as Bush different color different party SAME GOVERNMENT...What part of this don't you people get! It hasn't changed since I have been alive and untill you morons who vote left and right get it throught your brains your being played it will never change!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Agreed. So our next step is unearthing (no pun intended) the AP journalist and finding out whether he fact-checked his statement or simply repeated a national meme.

Good luck to all of us with that!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by LeelaSavage]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Nearly 200 stars and flags for this ongoing story. The headline is an obvious mistake, but don't let fact checking get in the way of the story.

As for long form birth certificates, I was born in the early 1960s and do not have one myself. I have checked, and it does not exist. I have a short little form signed by a registar and no one else saying I was born on that date.

I have been in the military and have had a security clearance, so obviously, the little form must have been good enough.

I might as well go drink some Kool Ade now, as I and any facts will be ignored.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
Well, this is just MADNESS!!!

I think ATS should make a forum for all of this Political Madness in the U.S.

hey, wait a min......

Coincidence? OR CONSPIRACY

LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Working on it already.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeelaSavage

Agreed. So our next step is unearthing (no pun intended) the AP journalist and finding out whether he fact-checked his statement or simply repeated a national meme.

Good luck to all of us with that!

[edit on 15-10-2009 by LeelaSavage]

LOL, How we gonna do that?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Working on it already.

OH good.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Seems as though theObamaFile.com has found a couple more articles.

One from the Honolulu Advertiser (the one that published the birth announcements) claiming Obama was born in Indonesia

one from allafrica.com claiming Kenyan birth (different from the OP story)

Where were these a few months ago? Why were most of them scrubbed, only to be refound now?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
if he witnessed the birth in kenya,southern guardian would deny it.
if it was an incorrect statement,there would have been a retraction.
show it to me

but you all know...ap always lies!!!!!!! well at least in this instance.

isn't this the one thing barry is meticulous at preserving?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The truth is most people simply don’t pay attention or recall things well that they don’t pay attention too.

Even Nancy Pelosi once commented publicly shortly after his Senate election what a shame it was that he couldn’t run for President because he was foreign born.

I hate to break it to you people but our Politicians and Press think that we are all idiots who don’t pay attention to important things, don’t make mental notes we can later recall, and lack the conviction to go against the grain even when we are right and know that we are right.

They would pretty much be correct in that assumption.

Half the people will make blanket canned arguments as to why matters like this should not be investigated.

Half the people will make blanket canned arguments as to why matters like this should be investigated.

ALL the people will keep themselves busy doing this and as a result it will never be investigated.

What a world.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join