It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+307 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

The allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days have given Obama a clear lead as Republicans struggled to fetch an alternative.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/786f1eb6d21a.png[/atsimg]

[ Click HERE for Link to full 2004 New's Source ]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Scooby Doo]

+43 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Thanks Scoob,

That proves it once and for all, we live in Kenya.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
May you get 100 flags and one thousands stars.... Awesome FIND..

If only we could put this to an end by seeing that long form.... But he does not have to produce it according to his Obama-bots
Whether one is a bush bot or an obama bot.

A bot is a bot...

BUT HERE IS A GREAT STORY!

Thanks Scooby Doo

I took a screen shot just in case... HEY I noticed he got in because of the whole Seven of Nine Scandal... I did not know that..... DAMN YOU VOYAGER!!!!

The above is a Jeri Ryan reference.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yes, I saw it on a few other web boards as well. It is spreading like wild fire across the message boards by now lol. Where did you find it?
I first saw it on free republic's website...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If the page goes down I wouldn't be surprised... Actually that would make it more convincing haha

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

It's been saved, freeper has been doing a good job,

[edit on 013131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

+88 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

And this proves what? Its another personal assumption from another author of another newspaper. This is somehow evidence? Can anybody here explain how this evidence again?? You have an Hawaiian state authenticated short form birth certificate sitting online and yet you fellas continue to search and believe what somebody else says? Is it that easy to convince you?

This.... this here shows us how low the Obama-ineligibility movement has gone. This is certainly a text books definition of desperation.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

+74 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

And this proves what? Its another personal assumption from another author of another newspaper.

What would have prompted the author to say Obama was born in Kenya? Are you saying he just "assumed" he was from Kenya for no reason as he wrote that article? Wouldn't he have gotten the facts straight before it was finalized?

[edit on 10/15/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
As much as I dislike siding with Southern Guardian on this, I feel like its grasping a straws a bit. I mean clerical error dude. But one worthy clarification on the part of Associated Press.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
What would have prompted the author to say Obama was born in Kenya?

Maybe the excitement of a man who's fathers Kenyan himself, running for one of the most powerful position in the United States? Incase you didnt know, Kenya has not had the best of histories let alone political icons. Sometimes people look outside, and get overly excited.

This isnt that much a major media outlet, so I doubt factchecking is to be assumed constant.

Are you saying he just "assumed" he was from Kenya for no reason as he wrote that article? Wouldn't he have gotten the facts straight before it was finalized?

Are you to assume that every author, pundit, anchor has his or her facts straight? We have an Hawaiian birth certificate of Obamas authenticated by the Hawaiian state department and you choose to take what some author said?

I think I'll buy what state officials confirm to me as opposed to what somebody assumed on a small time online news site.

SG

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

And this proves what? Its another personal assumption from another author of another newspaper.

What would have prompted the author to say Obama was born in Kenya? Are you saying he just "assumed" he was from Kenya for no reason as he wrote that article? Wouldn't he have gotten the facts straight before it was finalized?

[edit on 10/15/2009 by bl4ke360]

Wouldn't they have got the facts straight before he was elected President? Would they have checked before he was even allowed to run or do they let him run, get elected and then say, oh yeah by they way we need to have a look at your birth certificate?

It's interesting that you trust the journalist has went through some process of verifying his citizenship, but not the process that determines if he's able to become President.

I'm sure any person that runs for any type of federal office, Senate etc..is vetted before hand and especially by the time they become President details like that are known to the people who need the information.

Do you also want to see every single ballot from the election so you can count them up and see if he really did win? Or is the short document saying that was the case enough.

Just my opinion though and I could be wrong. They could just let anyone become President, then try to find out who they were and where they are from etc...

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Look the short form is BS. We all want something with baby foot prints and a doctors sig. NOT A BIG DEAL.

When Bush was proven to go AWOL because he could not handle Air National Guard duty we wanted him impeached...(well maybe before that.. I mean one has so many angles to impeach him on but this is not about him)

Obama does not want to show his birth certificate that has a doctors' signature.

That is his choice and he made it BUT WHY!?!?!?!

IT COULD PUT THIS WHOLE PUPPY TO BED!

If he has nothing to hide why is he hiding stuff from his "TRANSPARENT" Government?

Also When will Gitmo be shut down when do we leave Iraq and Afghanistan, when will the patriot act be repealed, when will the warrentless wire tapping stop, when will we see bills online before they are voted one. etc etc etc etc

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
HAHAHHAAHAHAAAA! If I could give you 10 stars I would!

Assuming this is legit, of course (and I'm sure web-archive.org is, they have been around awhile) this is absolutely PRICELESS.

How on earth did you ever find something referencing Obama and Kenya in the same sentence without it being part of the "birther" craze?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I'm surprised this article wasn't found sooner. I wonder if any more old Obama articles like this that say he was born in Kenya will be popping up on the web soon.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Is it not possible that this article was written in the last few months and back-dated to 2004? Wouldn't the author of the original article have remembered writing it before now, when the issue of Obama's birthplace first came up?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stooge247

No, it is highly unlikely. Webarchive' archives pages automatically. I will show you the process for pin pointing the article excatly.

Click and go here: www.archive.org... And type in http:// eastandard.net

You will see a list of years and dates. Select June 27, 2004. Once on the "Sunday Standard" page, look to the right and under News Headlines select "Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate".

(Edited Broken Link)

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Scoob,

Keep in mind that it can be, and most likely is, some overzealous reporter not doing his homework. The article is originally from Kenya.

You assume that his opponents in the primaries, and the election are so stupid that they just spaced it, if in fact Obama was ineligible?

Not even people here can be that deluded. You think somebody did not see that article and checked it out years ago? Come on give me a break!

Stick to policy debate, this kind of silliness is not helping your cause.

It's like Manson's Helter Skelter logic, make up enough stuiff, and there will be a big war where the only ones left are the prepared Patriots.

It's a fable, like a role playing game.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It appears to be an AP article, if true, who wrote the article for the Associated Press? There does not seem to be a byline, and there is no link to the original article itself. If we can go back to 2004 on this website, is it possible to pick up the original Associated Press article from the same date?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

I don't think scoob has stated any bias towards any side or has even stated his position on this story, he merely presented the facts with certain members assuming things and the debate raged on. I personally find this an interesting read but do doubt the news source's credibility. I personally haven't seen this article on the site yet. Thanks for the info! (credible or not)

[edit on 15-10-2009 by born2BWild]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join