It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Jehovahs of Psalm 110

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: VicenteGarciaTortelli
a reply to: Locoman8

Which form of the divine name is correct—Jehovah or Yahweh?

Well, neither is right or wrong. Jehovah is just the tetragram JHVH with vowels inbetween to make it pronounceable.
Yahweh is the tetragram YHWH with vowels inbetween for the same reason.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SirPaulMuaddib

You wrote: "There is no question the psalmist here understands that there are two Gods, otherwise he would not have used Elohim in verse twelve..."

Actually Psalm 110 states: YHWH said to my Lord (Adonai, 'my lord i.e.the king), sit down at my right hand until I make your enemies s stool for your feet...

YHWH (Yahweh) is represented in the King James Version as THE LORD; whereas ADONAI (My Lord) can refer to the king in this context. At Qumran and in other writings, 'Adonai' was also considered to be Messianic, where a Daviddic king would overthrow the gentiles in the last days..

ELOHIM (represented in KJV English as 'God") is the plural of Eloah (used in the Book of Job), but governs a singular verb e.g. Bereshiht ELOHIM BARA hashamayim vehaaretz" = 'when Elohim [he began to] create the heavens and the earth'

The Rebbes teach that there is one Greater YHWH and one Lesser YHWH (i.e. Metatron, 'the one who stands beside the throne chariot') and this lesser YHWH also in Rabinninc writings have Messianic overtones (Jews today are still waiting for their Messiah to put in an appearance...

edit on 6-10-2015 by Sigismundus because: stuttering commputterrrr keyyboarddd

edit on 6-10-2015 by Sigismundus because: stutttteringggg keyyboardd

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Apologies if this has been said (I haven't read all the thread). The prophet Mani said that there were two Demons (creator gods) that were made by the Prince of Darkness: Nebroel and Ashqualan, I think he called them. Their purpose was to create people and by doing so, slow down the distillation of light particles from the darkness. We as beings contain a lot of light and our very existence in this decaying material poverty and the decisions we make as reactions to temptation, hinder the process.

Eventually all the light will be separated from the darkness again and with no more motion possible, the material trinity of speed, distance and time will cease to be. Imagine that - I think that may be what is commonly referred to as bliss or heaven.

Well, it might be true.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

BTW What made you come up with the handle
"Locomam8" ?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
@Locoman8

Wow, this brings back memories of many discussions we had.

More and more people are figuring out that the God represented by the Hebrew Tet·ra·gram·ma·ton is not Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is his earthly name anyways, he wasn't called that before he came to the earth as a man.

Here is a tip, in Latin his name means "Quis ut Deus?"

1 Thessalonians 3:11

Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus clear the way for us to come to you.

1 Thessalonians 4:16

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Locoman8 was my original email address when I joined the world of internet connection. Loco us crazy in Spanish. I am a man of course. The number 8 is my favoritelucky number. So you get Locoman8.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join