It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality is just a coping mechanism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sure spirituality is a coping mechanism. It's a mechanism to coping with darkness. If you don't learn to cope with it, then you just keep living in darkness.

I find it obvious that we are all one thing. It's called "the universe."

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

So he believes in God. What of it? Just because he goes against the norm, we must consider him to be evil?! I'm sorry, but you have provided no proof to back up the claim that he, or anyone, is channeling light. They are meditating.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I've found that incredibly obvious since the day I was born. Well, without the concepts. Yes, we're all a part of the universe. Agreed. Already went over this. We're not all the same. We're not each the entirety of the universe. I am not the universe, I am an individual, experiencing the universe. I am no god, I am man. No exaggerated narcissism needed. I am who I am.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Your ego is your sense of who you "are."

Your ego is not the universe, you are correct.

You are still just a part of the universe. The universe is greater than you. Therefore you are part of something greater. You live inside of something greater than yourself. But we are all equally a part of it, and influence it on our level. Some of us influence it more than others, some of us are more aware of it and what is going on inside of it than others. Just like cells making up our bodies. But it is obviously much more complex than our bodies, since our bodies are just a small part of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

What does this have to do with anything? More self delusions. We are processing spatially in multiple dimensions. That's nothing spiritual. I close my eyes and experience things that I can't even begin to put into words. How is this proof of anything at all?! It's not.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I agree with everything except that our level of awareness has anything to do with our level of influence. I think this is just a delusion.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I agree with everything except that our level of awareness has anything to do with our level of influence. I think this is just a delusion.

I don't think even you really believe that.

Never learned to talk, never learned to read or write, never learned any of the concepts that come with reading, writing, and talking. Where would you be?

What you are saying is equivalent to "knowledge is useless."

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Okay, that makes sense. How is it that the more aware I am of what's going on in the world, the more I do my best to spread this information to other people in hopes that people will wake up...the more they are likely to think of me as delusional, or negative, or some other rubbish, and not be influenced by me in the least?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Those people are literally the biggest obstacle society has ever faced and will ever face, and it is a form of "internal resistance" to the human race being of huge potential benefit to the entire world and the rest of this part of the universe, as well as to ourselves.

Why people exhibit any number of negative characteristics, I cannot tell you, except that it appears to arise naturally from the same nature as everything else. Even Bodhisattvas find the unconscious energies informing people a complete mystery, except that it literally is a lack of awareness.

But trying to spread awareness is still "good" if that's your will. Finding the best way to do it is like trying to find the best way to do anything: it could always be better.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Okay, that makes sense. How is it that the more aware I am of what's going on in the world, the more I do my best to spread this information to other people in hopes that people will wake up...the more they are likely to think of me as delusional, or negative, or some other rubbish, and not be influenced by me in the least?

If that is really happening to you, I can think of two possible answers to your question:
1. the information you provide to convince is real and proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be true and your audience just doesn't care
2. the information you are using is false and thus leads people to think that you are delusional.
Just as an example, if you're telling them that 9/11 was an inside job, because you believe that to be so, many average Joe Schmuck people will indeed you are deluded.

Lastly, I agree with your hypothesis that spirituality, the same as religion, is a coping mechanism. I also believe that spirituality arises naturally in primitive tribes as ancestor worship and in time it develops into a full blown religion. It arises from the need of grieving family and tribe members to cope with the loss and to explain one of the most crucial existential questions, namely is there life after death? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

I do my best to present the data in full. I do my best not to discuss conspiracies. I talk about synthetic chemicals and heavy metals polluting our environment so much, that we may not make it through this. People can't handle this. They just cop-out one way or another. I've also presented data that shows the federal reserve is a private entity that controls the "economic cycle", and is a tool to control governments and start wars. This is harder to present, but I do my best.

I don't talk about aliens ( I have no opinion truly on if they've contacted us or not), or 911, or anything that is not presented with complete facts.

Most people can't handle the really big issues, yet they are most important. It has driven me insane the last few years. I've developed a slight cushion from the swirling mass of thoughts that just keep going, but still, I'm holding on by threads.

Our environment is mucked up beyond h311, and what's worse, we've got corporations funding false studies that have biased conclusions, leading people an out to claim it's not true. There's sickness everywhere. It starts from the top, and has tricked down into the common man. The actions that sick corporations and their mad scientists have taken, are now going to cause mass disease. It's already happening and we just take prescriptions to mask the symptoms. It's all backwards and inside out. It hurts. I can't take it anymore.

There is a link between nutrient deficiencies and amorality. If you like, I can pull up some links. The toxic water we consume, the junk-food, even store bought fruits and veggies, has less nutrients than we need. Not only that, the pesticides and synthetic chemicals which is in most everything, requires additional nutrients to detox. We're all deficient in something. It is destroying us physically, emotionally, intellectually, socially, economically, morally, etc..We're living through the second dark-ages, yet people are somehow unaware!

I just don't see a way out. People talk about being enlightened, and not being effected by what's going on. I see this as psycho! I don't know. Is there something wrong with me? Why do I hurt so much when it doesn't directly effect me? Yet it does. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this.

I see the world sliding into oblivion. People are just doing the same stupid things over and over again. Working to pay our sick governments, and fund sick crimes against humanity. None of it makes sense. In the lease. It seems to be rational these days means to be insane?! What? Why? How?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
EDITED:

Where does this hate for spirituality come from?

[edit on 31/10/2009 by Tryptych]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I know the answser to that. I expect the OP to answer with honesty. It's none of my business though.

Hopefully he ate his spinach.

Just sayin'. No rationalizations. Keep it real!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just to add some points...

I think crushing "spirituality" (i don't really like the term) is just part of enslaving the masses. It's very easy to trash ideas that are very hard to prove. Maybe "spirituality" is a form of self suggestion. It is a system to view things.

It is said that everyone gets an.. eh.. psychedelic experience once in their life. Some may remember it, some don't. Many will put it aside because the society tells you it didn't happen or it wasn't real.

It doesn't really surprise me that many politicians get into religion (or occult for that matter) because they saw a flash of something that they didn't completely understand, and what was beyond their wildest dreams. Then they become obsessed.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

What rationalizations? I've been nothing but honest. I already answered this.

Most spiritual people are psychopaths. Go through my posts. You'll see my reasoning. These people are sick in the head. Very.

The last guy that I came upon who tried to have this spiritual guru vibe ended up admitting to me that he was entirely amoral. No morals whatsoever. This was after months of him brainwashing me. Going back over it all, I can see how he slowly twisted my mind to think in an amoral way. Once I heard him say he didn't believe in morals, I flipped. That was it. I took off from him and never looked back.

He said the same kind of stuff that many here say. Things like, "I see no reason that someone should favor a flower over a pile of poo". That is entirely insane! Poo is mostly bacteria. I'll eat a flower, but won't eat poo! It's instinctual to not like poo!

This guy did admit that he had a portion of his brain removed when young due to an illness. I can't believe that for some odd reason, I've been attracted to people claiming to have the truth. I was very foolish. Spiritual guru's are psychopaths. Maybe not all of them, but from what I've seen they're all full of $h1t.

They are predators that seek control over their pray. All they want is to cause chaos. To completely mess with peoples minds. They aren't spiritual, they are egotistical maniacs. I'm not going to be fooled again.

In the end, I have a deep sense of what is right and wrong. I don't need other people to tell me what is right or wrong or spiritual or any other hogwash. My conscience was given to me upon birth, and I have enough ability to discern what appropriate action to take.

I refuse to listen to anyone claiming to be spiritual. This is a huge red flag for me. I have yearnings to spread peace, to do good, and shun the bad. This whole non-judgmentality that people talk about is sick. I want nothing of it. You people are foolish. You allow evil to perpetuate by not properly judging it and acting accordingly.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The last guy that I came upon who tried to have this spiritual guru vibe ended up admitting to me that he was entirely amoral. No morals whatsoever. This was after months of him brainwashing me. Going back over it all, I can see how he slowly twisted my mind to think in an amoral way. Once I heard him say he didn't believe in morals, I flipped. That was it. I took off from him and never looked back.

Why? Morals are arbitrary. You can even apply logic and reasoning to that one. There is no evidence whatsoever than any one moral is better than another, except someone's personal preference.

He said the same kind of stuff that many here say. Things like, "I see no reason that someone should favor a flower over a pile of poo". That is entirely insane! Poo is mostly bacteria. I'll eat a flower, but won't eat poo! It's instinctual to not like poo!

Sounds like a "zen" perspective. It doesn't matter what you call it, there is value in that perspective as well, imo. The difference between a flower and poop is in your head, and what spews out to make one better than the other is what someone else was referring to as "rationalizations." There is no "better" or "worse" ever. Only different. Which is why above, I said spreading awareness is "good" (in quotes) if that is your will. In this dream, nothing is "really" any better than anything else.

You can keep plugging your ears when I say it or when anyone else says it, too. It's just the same as the flower and the poo, the man plugging his ears. It makes no difference to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Okay then. Guess I'm plugging my ears?! You make no sense whatsoever. We're not in a dream. This is reality. How can you say poo is like a flower is beyond me. I'm done trying to reason with insane people. It will obviously get me nowhere.

Btw, you two just made my ignore list. How you can say morals are arbitrary? How does that make sense? Even if they are, how does this begin to explain why amorality is okay? You guys are skipping steps. Gaps in your logic all over the place. I think you guys are a bit psycho as well. Enjoy your zen perspective, but as far as I can tell, it's insane sickness.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Btw, you two just made my ignore list. How you can say morals are arbitrary? How does that make sense? Even if they are, how does this begin to explain why amorality is okay?

Just because I don't consider myself bound by specific morals doesn't mean you're going to find me slaughtering innocent people in the streets, or raping people or anything like that.

You're the one skipping stones if that's where you're trying to go with this.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Any belief is up for debate. What we percieve is an illusion. All things being a vibration of light and energy are percieved by each brains individual ability. The soul is a different thing. A soul continues to live after the brain dies. It is the soul that KNOWS prime creator with out any doubt. If your soul tells you there is no God per say then thats what you have.....nothing. So if your soul has no god of any kind then do not assume it is the case for others. My soul knew prime creator befor my brain was alive. BE AS ONE or be as none.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Don't you think your concept of soul could just simply be a belief? A comfort for you in troubled times? I understand what people talk about when they say look at the space between things, or your thoughts. I liken it to processing from a different area of the brain. Nothing more. I used to have beliefs in a soul, life after death, but my rational mind went insane trying to prove or disprove this. In the end, I decided it was best not to think of such things. To say, "I don't know" seemed much more appropriate than any belief.

Don't you think your "knowledge" could just be a rationalization in this aspect dealing with a soul? Do you think it possible that we have developed this idea of soul to cope with our self-awareness? To cope with the fact that we (at least our body) will one day perish?

I have decided that my rational mind is more important than fantasy. I am no longer a child. It's way past time for me to put away what I consider to be childish things.

Also, on what we perceive as illusion. I do agree that what we perceive in things are interpreted differently by each individual. Our brains are wired in unique ways. That's such a cool thought. But I do not agree, that what we are originally sensing is just an illusion. Someone tried to convince me of this. The spiritual guru I mentioned. I couldn't help but laugh. Poor guy. He was off in so many ways.

Suppose there is a chair in a room. 3 people in the same room. We all look at the room, and our brains interpret it in slightly (or radically, i dunno) different ways. We still agree (assumingly that we're sane) that what we are focusing on is in fact a chair, and it's color is ____. Even if we do internally experience this chair differently, we all arrive at a consensus on what reality is collectively. We all label them, describe them in a similar way. Is that not reality?

Then reality is not an illusion. It is not something simply in our heads. We each experience the same light, albeit from a different angle, and come up with common terms because the overall light signature is constant within our descriptions of what this object is we are experiencing. Perception, then, is not reality. Sane perceptual interpretation, then, is also not illusion.

Reality is what we collectively make of it. Now what any individual makes of it. I do agree that the imagination is quite the tool to motivate the individual, and arrive at new ideas. This motivation and "new" ideas can only come about from objects that already exist, however. It can only come about from memory of objects that happen in reality. Reality being what we all collectively coin as our interpretation of sensational perception.

Excuse me if my wording is off. I'm not to smart, word-wise. Lefty spatial learner, here.

I am open to further discussion. Thanks.

Also, my description of reality is human based. I understand that what we can sensually perceive (correct terminology??) is but a fraction of what is actually going on. Many animals see, hear, etc...in wavebands that we (most ppl??) don't experience. For the sake of this discussion, I consider reality to be what human beings collectively agree on in what they sensually perceive.

I choose to be as an individual experiencing a tiny sliver of what is. All else is fantasy, or outside of my ability to process from sensory information. Fun, but not reality.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join