It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Reality or Myth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87
I'd love for 'reincarnation' to be real, i really would.

But i just can't see it.

There are ever increasing amounts of people on the planet, there has been since the beginning of human kind.

If we say started with '2 humans' - how did our 'souls' reincarnate from 2 souls, reincarnating life by life, to 6 Billion...

Same goes for now. Say RIGHT NOW there are 6 Billion souls to be reincarnated after death, someday the earth will have 8 Billion people.. 2 Billion souls have appeared from..where?

Interesting theory, very interesting. But it doesn't add up in my head sadly.

I was wondering how the whole population growing thing would fit into it too, hopefully someone will have a possible answer for us.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

I was wondering how the whole population growing thing would fit into it too, hopefully someone will have a possible answer for us.

To be honest, unless they go off into worlds of 'splitting souls' or whatever, i don't think it's really explainable.

When i die, will my soul split into two, three, four? I can't see it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It was mentioned on the first page that death is a recycling of energy. I believe this to be true.

In that respect, I believe that we cannot recall past lives because of this "recycling". I think in each life we were indeed self aware. With death though, those memories along with our bodies are recycled.

I don't believe our genetics have anything to do with it. If everything is energy, with the spirit being life energy, who is to say what is "recycled" and what begins again. IMHO though, our life energy is the only thing that is reincarnated.

Now, how do I explain away the hypnosis that leads people to believe in their past lives? Well, it's not easy.

I believe that it is basically a self fulfilling prophecy. These people want to believe and remember these past life experiences, and so their mind forges one, or many for that matter, to appease their desires.

With all this being said, I am not even certain I personally believe in reincarnation.

I do believe in life cycles, if that makes any sense past the clear contradictions. Either way, that's just one more thing to place on the examination table.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

Not all the souls stay and I'm only speaking what I think. That being said every so often there is a graduation where souls leave or if a soul received much pain during its incarnation its going to need time to be healed before another oppurtunity presents itself to relearn its lesson it wasn't able to the previous incarnation. Its all very complicated and a lot to explain, however The Law of One goes into much detail on it. You should first research everything before you just dismiss it. Now I'm not saying they are the proper anwsers, but when you see it spelled out in the fashion it is on their site, everything becomes all too clear...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

Not all the souls stay and I'm only speaking what I think. That being said every so often there is a graduation where souls leave or if a soul received much pain during its incarnation its going to need time to be healed before another oppurtunity presents itself to relearn its lesson it wasn't able to the previous incarnation. Its all very complicated and a lot to explain, however The Law of One goes into much detail on it. You should first research everything before you just dismiss it. Now I'm not saying they are the proper anwsers, but when you see it spelled out in the fashion it is on their site, everything becomes all too clear...

Yes, exactly.

Fear of death is only the veil of forgetfulness.

When you incarnate into a physical entity you forget what of you know, because if you knew of what you are, the lesson would not be the same.

It's like having the cheat codes to a video game, what is it that you learn.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

I am working through it, allthough the more I read the more crazy it sounds tbh. The problem is from what i have read so far its not really spelled out to well its in wishy washy language and not that clear, at least to me anyway.

havent really seen anything in it on reincarnation yet either.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

www.lawofone.info... is this the site you are going to? or it should be the 1st thing in google.

Well like I said you're going to have to give it a few sessions in, but if all you're interested is reincarnation, there is a search engine in the site that will lead you to all the info involving reincarnation, but without the whole of the Law of One its going to be kind of incoherrent that's why I say to start with session 1 and work your way through the material, if you have any questions with it I'd love to help you just ask.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Aye thats the site been looking at but struggling with it tbh but I will give it till end of week.

Find the language a little un-user friendly if that makes sense, could be im just stupid though lol

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Or you can actually read the actual books if you do a search, it even comes with pictures of them preparing, doing the channelings and everything, it is literally the most in depth authentic thing I've ever seen scowering the interweb.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This recycling of life energy is a good theory, but I don't necessarily think that there has to be a soul.

Right now your alive. Full of energy. What gives you that energy? The food you eat. And when you die your body is still full of energy. Energy for the decomposers and energy for the trees and for the soil.

So in a sense you are recycled.

As for the whole soul thing, I would love for reincarnation and the likes to be true but have a hard time with it. I'm right in the middle of the teeter totter and I don't know which way to fall. Seems every day I find something that reinforces one side of the other. lol

[edit on 15-10-2009 by doped00]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Well you have to see it like this. The things they are speaking to know things of past,present,future and so when they speak on these things they have to make sure the knowledge that is given doesn't infringe upon your free will, but gives you the information as it should given for you to take as you can. Bust a dictionary out? is probably the best I can tell you...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ide say im like 7- percent belive in it, 30 % dont. When i was a kid, i had an aunt..aunt rose wede call her. SHe was a tough woman, and would slap your face if you siad offensive things. She had told my mother a few times, she wanted to be reincarnated as a butterfly. She died in 85 i think. Well that same year, summer came, me and my 2 sisters had a medium pool set up in backyard. First summer, a small butterfly started coming around..it was creme in color, the wings rather, but had ornage, black and pink spots on it. it would sit on our fence and jsut stare at us for hours, swimming. My older sister had told me at the time, she wonderred if it was aunt rose...the next summer, it came back, with a companion buterfly. 1987 my father took the pool down,a nd thats the last i ever saw of them.
I like to thik i was her..as i had never seens such a wierd spoted butterfly before or after her death. But cannot prove that either.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I once had a dream that I was a six year old boy with an Australian father and a British mother. I overheard them discussing moving to America and I didn't want to go. It was so real. Odd though, considering I'm a thirty year old American, born and raised. Strangest dream I ever had...like a day in the life of a stranger. I was thinking maybe it was me in a past life. I don't know.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Reincarnation is true, but it's not how we want it to be true.

Break the word down

Re- again
incarnation- life in a body

reincarnation is thus the cycle by which incarnation cycles again and again. That's nothing but the process of Nature. When one creature dies, Nature creates a new one.

Most people want it to be this way: when I die, I reincarnate again.

But physical immortality is impossible, only Nature is physically immortal but because it has no freedom, it is bound by its principles. Nature has no free will of its own, it is 100 percent controlled by God which is Nature itself. The goal of yoga is to transcend the cycle of birth and death, and thus transcend the cycle of Nature's reincarnation. This transcendence does contain freedom and it is the only thing that is immortal. It is the Truth by which everything turns and reincarnates.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
This recycling of life energy is a good theory, but I don't necessarily think that there has to be a soul.

Right now your alive. Full of energy. What gives you that energy? The food you eat. And when you die your body is still full of energy. Energy for the decomposers and energy for the trees and for the soil.

As for the whole soul thing, I would love for reincarnation and the likes to be true but have a hard time with it. I'm right in the middle of the teeter totter and I don't know which way to fall. Seems every day I find something that reinforces one side of the other. lol

I know exactly what you mean I am in that camp too.

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

Originally posted by doped00

I know exactly what you mean I am in that camp too.

peace

There actually is no such thing as an individual soul, only a Supreme Soul that is the only Soul (Nature). The individual "soul" is merely the body-mind composition which is but an aspect of Cosmic consciousness.

The only thing that reincarnates is Nature. Nature is the cycle of birth and death. But the Soul of Nature (you, me, everything) is beyond the reach of this cycle, in other words Nature doesn't die, but rather progresses infinitely on.

To understand the correlation between our individual self and the True Self, that is the definition of Yoga (union with God).

visit my website for more details or you can email me sites.google.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

I agree with a lot of what you say. I think while "we" (the observer within all of us) are all made up of the same material.

But at the same time I think there is still an infinite amount of individual souls.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Reincarnation....MYTH.

How can "a" person be reborn into "a" new body if the population is and has grown over time?

The best/nearest there could be would be a single person being reborn into 2 or 3 bodies.

Naaaa, don't think so!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

there are an infinite number of material bodies and creatures, but there is only one Nature that controls all these things. The individual psyche is a product of the amount of wisdom or ignorance a person possesses. The more ignorance, the more sadness and delusion the person will be under, the more wisdom, and the more happiness or Self-awareness the individual will possess.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Your life time will become a myth after you die. All of this reality, dissolved as you now know it. Yet somehow, all if it resolves, but you will be different. Just as you are now.

It's you who has to remember, not us for you.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join