It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Reality or Myth?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

Thanks for the info I will check it out on my lunch break. Still plowing through with the other information too.

The bizarrist thing has happened while rading this and thinking on this info, prob just a coincidence but thought I would share anyway.

Was reading quite a large section of Lawofone (up to start of number 4 now as started again) last couple of days and it really got me thinking about the Pyramids. Guess could because of the Ra mention maybe I dunno. Anyway I went to bed yesterday and had a dream about them being much much older than we think. Anyway, I got up for work as normal and stopped off to get fuel for my car. It at a supermarket station so had lots of other bits on sale. While I was in there a I knocked a book of the shelf and it was called something like Pyrimids lost history or something. I thought "Thats a bit freaky". I should have bought it but I was allrady late for work as need to get there before 7 today.

While i was printing of my daily work I wanted to check ATS and right at the top there was this thread:

The Great Sphinx is more than 12,000 years old.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Freaky or what, I know its prob just because I was reading the Ra material that made me dream about it but was kinda weird that my dream kinda correlates with stuff jumping out at me so to speak.

You all prob think I am nuts now lol

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Very sorry for my english as I am french speaking. Some personnal thinking about reincarnation. Well I think you can reincarnate for 2 reasons : one is you are already on a stage of spiritual evolution that you do not need to reincarnate but you want to do it for living a new life on earth TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE in THEIR spiritual evolution.
The other reason to reincarnate is because in your past life/lives you realise you did harm other people, killing someone, not loving someone, so you are told or you decide by yourself that it is necessary to live another life on earth, in another body, in another environment, with another family : but it's in fine YOU who DECIDE because it is for getting higher into your karma evolution.
why ? well because you want to learn to LOVE other people and yourself and the universe, that is the essence of the game !!
why then not remember your past lifes ? well because if you did you would focus on the events of that past life, they still would haunt you and you would not make an evolution because you would not BE FREE, YOU WOULD BE A ASSASSIN OR A HITLER for always and always look at yourself in that way ...
how then could you undergo a evolution ??
you would be trapped into your past personnality, you never could make distance to change.
Some can change their life already here on earth : some can say SORRY and change their mind already here in this life, but most need to come back to try again and again and again just to learn what LOVE is, universal love, infinite love.
Try to understand : you have been very drunk, you had an accident and killed some children with your car, that is very hard to live with for the rest of your life, so hard that lots of people suicide themselves to get out of that remembering. Once on the other side of life you will want to pay for your errors, you will decide to go back, to reincarnate to try another way of life.
so if you decide to suicide it is because you cannot support those events, those killings and you want to finish with life, to forget everything .... for sure you do not want to remember that in a new life aren't you ???
but unconscious you will remember what went wrong, just a feeling, nothing more, and know what you have to do better, but you will not remember the faces of the dead children under your car .. see what I mean ?
so, not remembering is a protection ! it's is the only way to start with a new blanco life where you feel ready to make NEW choices and to make evolution possible, a life where you are NOT a assassin any longer, not a THIEF, not a HITLER, but a little baby that has a new chance to make it better in this life this time, a new chance to take or not - you decide !!
So there must be other reasons why we may not remember our precedent lives, one of them can well be the fact that if we remember all the wrong things ( sins - crimes - negativ feelings etc . ) of our own lives we also would remember the ones of others around us ...... we then should remember what X or Y or Z did wrong against us and therefore we should not be FREE of emotions in this new life and could act negatively because of the sad memories - do not forget we may not judge other people, not now, never, so here and now we must live with them and their/our faults, sins etc.. but we do not have to influence the life of other people after our death, we can influence positively or negatively, now in this life, that's all and face the consequences.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

I would call it a choice.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

No need to apologise, I could understand perfectly and besides you speak one more language than I do so I can hardly complain.

Thank you for your insight, i get where your coming from and it seem like a possability. My only worry in that line of thought (and some of the others) is that it causes slight worry for me as does this mean we would lose the ones we love.

For example the bond me and my wife share is like no other I have ever experienced and I simply can not ever imagine a life without her.

Food for thought for sure.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

as I see it, it is absolutely not as you may think : you only forget your past lives when you are a reincarnate person here on this world, then you forget the ones you loved and the ones you did harm but after you die you start a spiritual life where everything is clear and where you remember everything : good or bad. It is there that you make a choice or are forced by the
" Powers " ( G-d ? ) to reincarnate. So yes you'll forget your loved wife or girl-friend in a new reincarnate life, but surely you will start knowing someone here that is very special to you and maybe that will be your ex but you will not know, maybe it will be your sister or your neighbour and you will feel much sympathy for her .. it sounds ridiculous no ? but after death you will recognise your loved ones and remember the good times you always had together, but they also will have had reincarnations where they did forget you as a person. So you can reincarnate as a man or as a woman, or some say also we may have been animals before reincarnate into human body ..... essential thing is we must learn to LOVE, real love
( not the sex limited love ), universal love, and the more we learn that, the more we can forgive other people, the more we get a good karma not only for us but for everything in the universe. We are all ONE, so it is all influencing each other.
We are just a part and the lesson can be repeated as long as possible but in the spiritual life after death we know each other pretty well forever. Love is eternal in the infinite spiritual life, but the lessons on earth are just some lessons, nothing more, just like you go on vacation and learning other people but the loved ones are always there just like yourself on a higher level that we can not reach from here, the level of our soul.
It is like if you learn to drive a car, it needs all your attention but after that you get back to real life ( in this case to real afterlife ).

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
reply to post by nerbot

Your life time will become a myth after you die. All of this reality, dissolved as you now know it. Yet somehow, all if it resolves, but you will be different. Just as you are now.

It's you who has to remember, not us for you.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

All just starstuff .....

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Its funny you should say that, because the LawofOne does that to me all the time. They even speak of such coincedences in later sessions lol. I also wanted to recommend another material for you to read, its free and you can read it online if you google it called The Wanderers Handbook, really just excellent stuff for a beginner like me(you) and walks you through some practices for meditating iin a busy schedule, the same "coincedences" you speak of, the different energy chakras and things like that. Its a newer material and its written by the Channeler of the LawofOne.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Allow me to apologize if this has been stated in this thread before now, as I havn't read every single post through - But I think that if everyone knew for certain that they have been here before and will be here again, what would stop everyone from lining up to take a leap off of a very large cliff just to fast forward to better times?

I want to, and do believe in reincarnation, but for this reason stated above is the only reason that we might not/don't readily remember. And if we are thinking we've experienced something in a dream or meditation, isn't there that tingle of 'what if my mind made it up? Today I will not jump, just in case.' This is what I think makes people choose life. Also, as I read earlier by someone, you're really not learning any lessons if they give you the road map to success. Attain perfection on your own..... If you're idea of perfection is radically different from what is supposed to be by the time you leave here, you will need to do it again - albeit from another bodies perspective, w/ circumstances that will aim you in the proper direction.. if that makes sense.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
tempest501,

I believe that we don't remember our past lives as a matter of design. Imagine playing a pauper on stage in a play. How convincing could you be if you kept remembering what it was like when you played the role of a prince in the previous play? We are here to learn and are given every opportunity to learn exactly what we need to learn. Remembering all your past lives at once would truly make you schizophrenic, disabling you from learning anything at all. In time, perhaps this information will be consciously available to us but it would take some advanced awareness to be able function effectively like this.

As someone above suggested, nature is full of cycles within cycles and concept of reincarnation is very much related to cycles. And it's intimately tied up with the great law of cause and effect, or karma, as it's known in the east.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

Its funny you should say that, because the LawofOne does that to me all the time. They even speak of such coincedences in later sessions lol. I also wanted to recommend another material for you to read, its free and you can read it online if you google it called The Wanderers Handbook, really just excellent stuff for a beginner like me(you) and walks you through some practices for meditating iin a busy schedule, the same "coincedences" you speak of, the different energy chakras and things like that. Its a newer material and its written by the Channeler of the LawofOne.

I will check that one out as well as soon as I get chance on shift for my job at moment but ill let you know when i get chance to have a look.

ty once again for the info.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I'm just speaking from experience is all.

This isn't something I am pimping and say just believe because I say so. I'd maintain all your skepticism as it serves your intellectual investment in what you believe.

Speaking from my personal experience, at least I know I have reincarnated and because of those memories, I simply have to accept the nature of this phenomena with more then a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Reincarnation....MYTH.

How can "a" person be reborn into "a" new body if the population is and has grown over time?

The best/nearest there could be would be a single person being reborn into 2 or 3 bodies.

Naaaa, don't think so!

Because "soul" is in and behind all manifested form. Even the temporary and frozen energy of the mineral kingdom in the world is a result of the soul forces behind it. When soul manifests as a human being it manifests as "self awareness", an intellegent being with the potential to become aware of the soul within.

Your premise above assumes that the soul is created after a human is born, like a child's balloon floating above the body. Esoterism, however, claims the exact opposite. Everything in our manifested and 3rd dimensional world is a reflection of soul. You, as a manifested form in this world, are a reflection or a shadow of a 4th dimensional force called "soul". You couldn't walk away from your soul any more than your shadow could walk away from you on a sunny day.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There is no reason to really suppose that we are purely physical beings. Our brain is a electrical machine, our consciousness arises from this electrical activity. There are tons of phenomena which cannot be explained, things every day people experience which challenge any conception that we are just flesh and bones.

For example, science has not found any evidence of the ability to transmit information from the brain, in other words they have no evidence that telepathy is possible. Yet numerous studies on twins have shown remarkable occurrences of telepathy over vast distances, up to and including the foreknowledge of a violent event or the present knowledge of an event (such as a death) without any way to know that such an event has actually taken place. This alone shows us that there is a component of consciousness which transcends space and time, and that this is tied into our sense of self (IE: A twin, a lover, a child, a parent senses these things, someone we know and who knows us, not a random stranger- though of course a random stranger is not impossible).

Recently an article was posted in the MSM about out of body experiences being "all in the mind" which is just part of an agenda to keep people feeling hopeless and devoid of spirituality. The same "science" which "proves" these things will tell you that if your brain dead your gone, dead, vanished. So how do people that are brain dead for minutes or even tens of minutes know detailed events of exact things that took place during the time in which they were "dead" and their brain doing nothing? Well, they didn't talk about those experiences because there is no sufficient answer they could have given.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is no end to beingness.

The reason why the self forgets what of it's origin is so that the effect of lesson that is being saught to learn is understood.

If you were given the cheats to a video game than you would learn nothing of it.

You remember everything from every life, every bit of being-ness that you have been of is recorded by the self, and you will continue to incarnate for billions of years progressing until once again in unity with the One Creator. You simply are induced with the "Veil of forgetfullness" at each incarnation (in this certain densities) so that the lesson is comprehended as intended.

"Just as the grass withers and dies while the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infinite realms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to being-ness."

-Ra

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The energy or life force or essence that manifests us survives and moves on but the ego does not.

Ever notice everybody reincarnates as Cleopatra or Cesar or something like that...you never hear anyone reincarnating as a rag picker or chimney sweep?

All that crap is is ego.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Myth.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
it is sad that some treads like this do not get more attention, because it is very very intresting .....
as I said before, I think you cannot and should not remember your previous lives because otherwise you also would remember the lives of other people around you ... I explain : maybe you were in a previous life a victim of a assassination, your assassin also has to reincarnate to learn how to manage his life better. Now, if in this life he becomes your friend ... and if in this life you would remember him as your assassin ... how would you react you think ?
would be impossible to live with : you would remember him, he would remember you, how do you think he could try another life for better Karma ?
so, for best results in reincanation goals it is necessary to start a totally NEW life, with a totally new expectation, new rules, new lives, new friends, just learn it another way without any pre-established mind !!!
think about it ..... we never may judge another person, only God mays and the person himself ...... so everybody has to pay for his actings, but nobody knows what is being paid for by someone else nor by himself in reincarnation transit period !!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I have a theory, and I'm working on an illustration, that we live in a fractal universe. Each of us is identical, genetically and physically, with only minor mathematical differences in enough of our parameters to make us unique.

To go up a level in the fractal, we reach our higher selves. My higher self is the collective me. It's the me I am inbetween lives, when I experience Time/Space rather than Space/Time. The higher self is outside of time and is the accumulation of all of my lives, those before and those still to come.

When a new life begins, it begins in a brand new body, free to explore brand new avenues of life in a brand new set of circumstances. That body gets a brand new access account in the Akashic Record, and can only access the memories stored by this new body. I would need higher access priviledges to access memories from my last life, but my higher self has that level of access.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Hey there tempest501,

Can I just say thanks to whoever bumped this thread I only came back online last week after a 7mth break and would have missed this.

Shortly after joining ATS (2yrs ago) I made a thread about my own 'spontaneous' past-life memories ... how they prompted me to become a Pastlife Regression Therapist (PLRT) ... and how I developed a very successful technique for regressing people that does not involve hypnosis;

1/ To prevent subliminal suggestion creating 'false memories' in my clients.

2/ To allow my clients a recollection experience as close to my own 'spontaneous' recollections as possiblle.

I explained how I reseached as much of the detail I'd retrieved from my own memories as was possible ... and how I'd been convinced of the reality of my 'memories' by the confirmation of details I was able to authenticate during the research (people / places / events etc).

For me personally the recollection of this particular past-life was a life changing experience ... in the most positive of ways. It allowed me to understand who I am and what maked me this person .

If you want to read through that thread (16 pages), just click on my user name in the lefthand column (which will take you to my profile page), then click-on 'Spontaneous Past-life Memories' in my favourite threads list.

There are some very interesting accounts from other members about their own possible pastlife memories too, if this subject interests you.

Woody.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
To understand how reincarnation works, you need to understand the relationship of the body to the spirit, what the spirit is, and how nature functions.

First, nature tends to build towards complexity, and never wastes anything. Everything is recycled in nature. Consciousness represents a huge investment by nature, and is unlikely to be wasted.

Second, the spirit is best described as a structured pattern of energy.

Third, the function of the body is to protect that structured pattern from ambient energy flows in the environment that would otherwise disrupt it, and to provide temporary additional storage and computational space.

Now, tying it all together:

As we live our lives we either strengthen or weaken the structure that is us in a very literal sense, I'm most definitely not speaking metaphorically here. Note that every single philosophy and religion stresses the need to walk the walk and make it, whatever it is, part of your spirit. Repetition and practice strengthen particular pathways in the brain and in the muscles.

When the body dies, the spirit loses both the protection afforded and the storage capacity. Most of the memories of that life are lost with it. What remains is the core of that person. It is dependent purely upon the strength of its patterns. It is degraded by the ambient energy flows; the longer it remains outside a body, the higher the degree of degradation unless it is a very old and very strong spirit.

When events of particular importance occur they are compressed, encoded and encapsulated within the structure of the spirit like a .zip file. The key to unlocking them is random, whatever was handy at the moment: a shade of a color, a particular scent, the motion of the wind on water. The encoding process usually uses adrenalin or similar hormones as a trigger to begin encoding. In later lives, when the key is stumbled upon the memory is released, mostly to the confusion of the person involved: it's a pretty sloppy process in its raw form. It's also usually the source of "irrational" fears.

As one gets older, with better control of one's spirit, the process can be controlled and used to wake up earlier and earlier in life by encoding things with easy triggers that can be anticipated to come early in life.

I hope that helps.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join