It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Reality or Myth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

Last night watched a programme on Reincarnation and it was quite fascinating. It really got me thinking. Now I am not sure what to believe, def on the fence on this one lol. I do have a question though and would love to hear your thoughts on this subject/question.

This is kind of tough to explain but I will do my best.

So, if we are reincarnated why can't we recall our memories from our previous lifes clearly. Granted some people have been hypnotised and remember that way (Quite convincingly in some cases too).

What I mean is if I chose to recall what I have done today I can do so with relative ease. So why cant I with my past lifes? I am self aware right now, if i had a past life does this mean I was not self aware since I am fully aware of my actions now but not those of a past life?

How can I put this , so hard to convey what I am saying.

Lets say for a moment I have had past lives, why is it in this life I am allowed the priveledge of being aware of myself, my actions and being able to have memory this time.

Hope people get what I am trying to say and cant wait to hear your thoughts on the matter.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Our DNA that allows us to remember our past lives is broken. were just going into a body, and remembering only what that body allows us to.-Alex Collier.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

Our DNA that allows us to remember our past lives is broken. were just going into a body, and remembering only what that body allows us to.-Alex Collier.

But if that were true why do I remember everything I am doing right now and things in this life time? Does this mean this is my last life and I will no longer reincarnate etc

Is it because my DNA is now switched on?

What lead you to believe this Alex? What is the theory on how our DNA got broken etc?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i think i see what you mean here
there seem to be quite a few theories as to why we cant readily recall our past lives..some say its because our dna and genetics have been tampered with to block such memories and knowledge and in the majority of humans it remains unlocked. Others say we are born onto this planet with mass amnesia with various reasons given for who or what did this to us as a race, a possible ancient event may have shocked and taumatized us to such an extent that our own minds blocked the dna ourselves, another is that we chose to incarnate on earth for specific reasons, being aware before the new birth on this planet to choose for ourselves as beings, but when we got here something went very wrong..the most common theory on what went wrong is that a hostile alien race hellbent on control and destruction (some simply call them reptilians, the annunaki, the Nephilim, Nagas etc) who wiped our entire previous life memories out to keep us ignorant and easier controlled as much as possible.. other races not of our planet are said to have full knowledge of their previous lives, who they were, what they did and why..achieving much higher levels of enlightenment because of it. These are all just theories i have come across in my research as reincarnation has always been a facinating subject to me..

My own personal take on reincarnation is that mother Earth herself tells us its real.. everything goes in cycles, every lunar cycle the earth dies out in autumn and winter and is reborn to full life during spring and summer..continously.. i also believe that everything in existance is simply made of energy, various different kinds but all from the same source, death is just a way of recycling that energy, where the soul and being itself is infinite.. if any of this is making sense, if not please feel free to just ignore me!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

That intresting, I must admit I do think we are all part of the same energy and are connected somehow.

I still dont understand though why I can remember this life that I am living now does that mean If I am reincarnated I will rember this life and any more lifes after that etc.

Such a fascinating subject. Just cant seem to explain my point well enough lol.

I guess though that means I am switched on now as I am self aware of what i am doing now. So the next question would be is why? Why can i remember this life as it gos on.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When you die your dead (bodily death). Your never coming back.
If you believe in Jesus, you will continue to live (spiritually).
Then we will get our new bodies later.
See this verse:
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

[edit on 10/11/2009 by texastig]

[edit on 10/11/2009 by texastig]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I definetly know where you are coming from and perhaps I can answer some of your questions.

The reason I believe that we do not conciously remember our past lives probably has to do with the Bhudist belief that you come back to fufill some part of your life you didn't get the chance to before.

If we were to remember all what has happened, it could deter us from such a goal, or create a stagnant reality where everybody wants to continue the status quo.

Many will argue that this is what has happened, but only in the past 200 years or so and that would be a matter of politics and over all governance in institutions.

I myself remember various past lives, some more vivid than others. Now granted that simply could be my imagination running wild during meditation, but I have come back from those experiences (during astral projection and OOBE's) and being able to smell those surroundings, remember the names of those close to me and a feeling of truth deep down in my being.

So, it's dependant on what you believe I suppose.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501
So, if we are reincarnated why can't we recall our memories from our previous lifes clearly.

Good questions, tempest501,

I've studied the idea of reincarnation for over 20 years and I'm totally convinced that reincarnation is for real, not a shred of doubt, whatsoever.

For many years, I, too, was puzzled about the issue of the "forgetting" of past-life memories and this used to piss me off, as I knew for certain that I've had a lot of past lives and I had wanted to benefit from the accrual of experience and wisdom gained from those past lives.

In the course of my research, I frequently saw the phrase "the veil of illusion" and it was not until later, when I got into the Ra Material -- here's a great url with which to study this awesome material ... www.lawofone.info... ... that will give you excellent information about how life is structured -- I finally understood the reasons why people who incarnate into 3-D as we know it cannot, for the most part, recall their past lives.

So, to start with, you must understand the fundamental reason why this 3-D (Third Density) reality exists in the first place. It exists as a playing field, a learning ground for souls who are in the stage of learning the lessons that center around one central theme: CHOICE.

Choices like love or fear, love or hate, light or dark, up or down, forgive or kill, give or take, lies or truth, left or right, yes or no, ad infinitum -- ALL undergird the fundamental reason why this 3-D reality exists. 3-D beings are here to learn the lessons from the choices that they face in their lives, to learn the wisdom of making mistakes ... mis-takes ... and facing the consequences from those kinds of choices.

So CHOICE is the central reason why we 3-D beings are here and it is why we frequently reincarnate over and over again, living each life as if each life stood on its own. So why on Earth can't we recall our past lives, for the most part?

It is because of this: it is absolutely necessary to "forget" (the "veil of illusion") our past lives for each lifetime in order to fully learn the lessons of choices made in each lifetime. As one accrues lifetimes, the lessons/wisdom learned from each lifetime ARE carried forward into the next lifetime as not conscious memories, but as emotional/mental/spiritual inclinations towards certain kinds of choices and aversions from other kinds of choices, the patterns of which, reinforced over a series of lifetimes, becomes strongly-patterned cycles of personal development and soul growth, so the soul that reincarnates becomes stronger and wiser after a cycle of reincarnating.

So conscious memories are not carried from lifetime to lifetime, but the emotional memories are, as well as the wisdom/lessons that are gleaned from each lifetime and applied to the next lifetime. It is necessary for the conscious ego that is "in charge" of a lifetime to forget the larger soul of which the ego is a part in order for the ego to have the clean slate, the full freedom to experience the effects of application of Free Will.

Some people have had so many incarnations that they get to the stage of recalling their past lives with ease; some need regressions to recall their past lives; some cannot recall at all -- all are on different stages of their paths to one central point -- to return to the One Infinite Creator, from which they all emerged.

So the lessons of choices made prepares a soul for the next stage in soul evolution, which is to graduate to the 4-D (4th Density) and, when the lessons of 4-D are done, the soul graduates to the 5th Density and so on, all the way to re-merging with the One Infinite Creator, our common Source, from which we all emerged and to which we all are headed.

Free Will is the key and it cannot work without the full power to make choices and to face the full effects -- positive or negative -- of those choices made.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501
So, if we are reincarnated why can't we recall our memories from our previous lifes clearly. Granted some people have been hypnotised and remember that way (Quite convincingly in some cases too).

Please be honest. Do you really recall absolutely every impression you have received from this life? Probably not. However, even if a distinct memory is lacking what you are now is partially a product of those seemingly forgotten experiences and impressions.

What I mean is if I chose to recall what I have done today I can do so with relative ease. So why cant I with my past lifes? I am self aware right now, if i had a past life does this mean I was not self aware since I am fully aware of my actions now but not those of a past life?

Again, it is doubtful you can recall what you have done and what your mind received millisecond by millisecond. Whatever you can, will you still remember it as clearly in 10 years or at all?

You were probably self-aware in some way in a past life. You were probably self-aware when you made breakfast some day five years ago.

That person is dead. Of course its not self aware. It's what it is now and not then. It's not even "it" any more.

Supposedly all this stuff is stored in those Akashic Records anyway, the universal mass-storage system. When you reach a certain point of development, you'll get all the memories.

Frankly, I'm not even convinced particular past lives exclusively belong to any particular entity. I think any set can be strung together. Multiple people say they were Julius Caesar? Yep, quite likely and quite true. We probably all were.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I absolutely believe in reincarnation. I do not remember anything from a past life but my sister did and another family member.

It seems children can remember quite a bit from past lives but if it is not recognized or encouraged it soon gets "paved over" by all the input from the new existence. The story of the young boy who remembered being a pilot in WWII and even recognized old shipmates from his carrier and called them by name was the best instance I have ever heard.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have an interesting story to tell about reincarnation that you might enjoy.

I'm a pharmacist and a also a certified clinical hypnotherapist, and sometimes I do past life regression therapy for patients who have illnesses that don't respond to medication.

Normally I would not divulge any kind of patient information over the internet, but she told me that I had permission to tell anyone I wanted, because she thought it was such a neat story, and she wanted other to know about it. Sooo....here's the story.

One day a client came to my office for an appointment...she wanted to go back to one of her past lifes. I put her in hypnosis, and she went back to a life where she was a miner who died in a mining accident. I asked her the month and year of her death, and she told me. I asked her what state she was in, and she told me. I asked her her name, and she told me.

About a month after her regression session, a bunch of coal mining accidents happened here in the U.S (this was about 2005-06)...they were all over CNN at the time. She called me not long after that to tell me that she was so upset when all the mining accidents started happening, that she decided to do some research to see if she could find an article or a story or something about accident that "she" died in back in the early 1900's. (Although she is a female in this life, she was a male in that life.)

Not only did she find an article about the mining accident that she died in, but she actually found herself mentioned in the article, too. and the name and state and type of mine were the same! The only thing that was different was that it was one month off. Other than that everything matched up.

Anyway, like I said, I would normally never tell this kind of information, but she told me I could tell anyone...so I thought you'd enjoy reading it.

Another thing you might find interesting: often times, illnesses "with no aparrent cause" often go away after past-life regression therapy.

What happens is that when the person hits the age they were when they died in the past life, or when a similar trauma happens to them in this life, the body suddenly "remembers" the pain or illness or trauma, from the past life, and an illness shows up in this life. After regression therapy, it sometimes goes away. (Although not all the time.)

Pretty cool, eh?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks guys this is all really good stuff, I have really got the bug for this and have sucha strong urge to learn about it for some reason.

Your right I cant remember everything certainly not breakfast from five years ago.

I think the problem I am having is I cant seem to think of a sentence that explains what I am trying to figure out.

So lets reincarnation is a fact...

If i am remembering things from my life vividly now does that mean this is my final journey here? Do I not remeber previous lifes because I have been working to this point? and therefore like some of you said those lives are in my subconcious.

If we had constant memory wipes or amnesia then we wouldnt be aware of whats going on now unless it has stopped or this is our last journey?

Does that make it a bit clearer.

just want to say also I am not trying to disporve reincarnation, actually quite the opposite I think I may be fascinated because i am being drawn to the idea. Just want to try work out the gaps in my puzzle .

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Thats a really cool story, thank you for sharing.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Ok, here's another theory to why we don't remember anything.

This is a prison planet.

Souls are sent here to repent for their sins from various galaxies and is basically a controlled prison.

When you die, you go through a "memory" cleansing and if you haven't served your sentence yet, you are sent back into the veil with no memories of your previous life.

The theory states that people who are reincarnated will be left with a "holy" feeling, because in between lives, you go to a sort of "heaven" where you get to see your family members, soul mates, old friends etc... and prepare for your next journey here on Earth.

I don't really believe it, since the theory is pretty bleak, but it's a theory none the less.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Take His Holiness the Dalai Lama as an example.

Currently, Tenzin Gyatso is the 14th reincarnation of the bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara.

Tibetans traditionally believe Dalai Lamas to be the reincarnation of their predecessors, each of whom is believed to be a human emanation of the bodhisattva Avalokitesvara. A search party was sent to locate the new incarnation when the boy who was to become the 14th was about two years old.[11] It is said that, amongst other omens, the head of the embalmed body of the thirteenth Dalai Lama, at first facing south-east, had mysteriously turned to face the northeast—indicating the direction in which his successor would be found. The Regent, Reting Rinpoche, shortly afterwards had a vision at the sacred lake of Lhamo La-tso indicating Amdo as the region to search—specifically a one-story house with distinctive guttering and tiling. After extensive searching, the Thondup house, with its features resembling those in Reting's vision, was finally found.

And the kicker...

The little boy was presented with various relics, including toys, some of which had belonged to the 13th Dalai Lama and some of which had not. It was reported that he had correctly identified all the items owned by the previous Dalai Lama, exclaiming, "That's mine! That's mine!"

Wiki

Now, some may disregard this as mere Buddhist legend, but I believe there really is something to this, especially as expat2368 pointed out regarding young children.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'd say that historical-mozart hit the nail on the head with that one. Another good material to read along with the Law of One is The Wanderers Handbook, these books will explain all your questions you could ever have...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Woa thats far out hehe.

maybe that would explain why you become aware in one of your lifes because you have served your sentenance and get to go home after this life. Allthough its a sad thought that we might all be bad people =C

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Thats is an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. Seems in that case he does remember.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The idea would not necessarily mean you were a bad person. Just against the "galactic establishment". Political activists and prisoners of war, those sorts of people would probably make up most of our population, which would explain alot of the senseless violence.

But it's just a theory which I read here on ATS, in a thread that I cannot find anymore, I will research and see what I can dig up.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Going to have a look at those when i get home. What are the origins of this law of one?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join