It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Reality or Myth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi:
Great thread, and I think each one of the posts has so much truth. I've just done some work on biography and autobiography, and as some posts intimate, we do not remember everything from this life, at least not consciously. So, we do not even remember being born into this life, and most of our early childhood. Our past life in this incarnation becomes a narrative of significant events, and much of the significance is culturally determined. For example, native names and events are often based on nature, animals and meanings other to ours. A good place on this dicussion would be the Hare Krishna websites, at least I found ISKON useful on this topic. On a more mystical note: are you sure you do not remember in some way? It is best to go back to an interest in some historical period or culture that goes back to childhood. The anwers on past lives are sometimes staring us in the face. Not sure how it works, but I believe we evolve spiritually, and there is a body in the universe for every state of conscience. Strangely, I find one of the most compelling cases for scriptual reincarnation in the Bible (although officially, most Christians do not subscribe to it) - see Matthew 17:9-13. At least to Krishna teaching we reincarnate in this life from body to body - a tiny baby changes into adulthood, and eventually old-age. Your body now is mostly not the same cells as your infant body, so reincarnation is an on-going process, and you are busy doing so right now.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Hi:
Great thread, and I think each one of the posts has so much truth. I've just done some work on biography and autobiography, and as some posts intimate, we do not remember everything from this life, at least not consciously. So, we do not even remember being born into this life, and most of our early childhood. Our past life in this incarnation becomes a narrative of significant events, and much of the significance is culturally determined. For example, native names and events are often based on nature, animals and meanings other to ours. A good place on this dicussion would be the Hare Krishna websites, at least I found ISKON useful on this topic. On a more mystical note: are you sure you do not remember in some way? It is best to go back to an interest in some historical period or culture that goes back to childhood. The anwers on past lives are sometimes staring us in the face. Not sure how it works, but I believe we evolve spiritually, and there is a body in the universe for every state of conscience. Strangely, I find one of the most compelling cases for scriptual reincarnation in the Bible (although officially, most Christians do not subscribe to it) - see Matthew 17:9-13. At least to Krishna teaching we reincarnate in this life from body to body - a tiny baby changes into adulthood, and eventually old-age. Your body now is mostly not the same cells as your infant body, so reincarnation is an on-going process, and you are busy doing so right now.

Thats a nice insight, I will def take a look at that site too. That last scripture you is really nice.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

I was also confused by the not remembering past lives, sorry where and who said this recently has slipped my mind, but this person said if we were to remember all our past lives we wouldn't be able to function in this one, I do think we get glimpses of past lives at times, plus we need to work through our Karma and I think we all know what we should be working on in this lifetime.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I’ve always been partial to the theory that energy/matter cannot be created or destroyed.

Your thoughts (self) are energy. It follows then, that if your thoughts (energy) are a component of what makes you, then your thoughts cannot be created or destroyed. If one accepts that concept then one must accept the fact that the basic components of you cannot be created or destroyed. They are energy/matter. Therefore, they can only be reformed – thus reincarnation.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
When I was a kid and first heard reincarnation described, I knew it immediately to be truth. It's one of those gut reactions that as human beings we can never properly explain, but I just plain knew that I had been other people, lived other lives, seen other places...actually I'm pretty confident that I was once a bird.

It's almost as if we have this veil between our current reality and the reality of our past lives. It blocks out the story of our soul's evolution, and obscures it from view, but we are still vaguely guided through life by our collection of experiences. No doubt we would go mad if we were able to remember all our lives clearly, the human brain wouldn't have the capacity to sort through all that information and determine what is real.

Aside from the 'feeling' that it rings true, if you research it, there seems to be plenty of evidence leaning toward it. I remember an account I read a few years ago that told the story of a 5 year-old girl in Lebanon who insisted to her parents that she was an American wife and a mother of three before she was born to them. They of course did not take it seriously initially, but the child was able to provide addresses and phone numbers of her children and husband. They contacted the family in the states, and after some correspondence they also became convinced without a doubt that this little girl was their wife and mother, as she recalled perfectly every detail of their lives and experiences together.

It would be pretty hard to fake knowing such details, especially since the girl didn't speak the same language. It doesn't leave a whole lot of room for speculation. Plus, have you ever heard the Dalai lamma laugh? There's no way this is his first time around. lol

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Reincarnation is very real, the reason why you cannot remember anything of your past or any of the infinite knowledge that you share wtih the Infinite One, is because you would not learn anything from being here.

It's like having the cheat codes to a video game.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Law of One is a group of people, that channeled what the extraterrestrial group of Ra have to say on the different subjects on earth. For example, reincarnation, the actualy history of the planet, how to do inner work for your consciousness and oh so much more. It is by far the most in depth and question anwsering material I've ever read. The Wanderers Handbook is just good because it gives people accounts of being a spiritual wanderer in a material society.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos

The Law of One is a group of people, that channeled what the extraterrestrial group of Ra have to say on the different subjects on earth. For example, reincarnation, the actualy history of the planet, how to do inner work for your consciousness and oh so much more. It is by far the most in depth and question anwsering material I've ever read. The Wanderers Handbook is just good because it gives people accounts of being a spiritual wanderer in a material society.

Yes, the law of one, that is truth.

I've read some of the Ra channeling, if you were somewhat of enlightented/open person before reading it, than it has alot more clarity.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

Reincarnation is very real, the reason why you cannot remember anything of your past or any of the infinite knowledge that you share wtih the Infinite One, is because you would not learn anything from being here.

It's like having the cheat codes to a video game.

Yes i get that from what people are saying. Does that mean then that this life is where I will learn since I am aware of this life etc?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

Yes, the law of one, that is truth.

I've read some of the Ra channeling, if you were somewhat of enlightented/open person before reading it, than it has alot more clarity.

Well I must admit that does sound a little far fetched to my current understanding but I do have an open mind so I will take a look. Tried to yesterday but its so massive will take me while.

I am open-minded and objective so I will consider what it has to offer and try to put my scepticism aside.

When you say Ra is that linked to Egypt in anyway?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Google "The Law of One". In my opinion, based on the content of your posts, you'd have some interest in this material. Start with the first book of course.

As I do believe, concerning Ra and egypt, it occurred that the Ra consciousness was in contact with persons and channeled info, which was then distorted towards more of a control type of religion. Meanings became more hidden as well.

[edit on 10/13/2009 by mynameisjuan]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness

The little boy was presented with various relics, including toys, some of which had belonged to the 13th Dalai Lama and some of which had not. It was reported that he had correctly identified all the items owned by the previous Dalai Lama, exclaiming, "That's mine! That's mine!"

The scene at the beginning of the film The Golden Child with Eddie Murphy portrays this scene exactly. you'll see the young Tulku being offered a tray of Malas (Rosary necklaces) but he sees the trick, and takes the mala from the old lama who holds the tray.. thus he is recognised as knowing his own relics.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Little Buddha
United Kingdom/France, 1993
U.S. Release Date: 5/25/94
Running Length: 2:03
MPAA Classification: PG (Mature themes)
Theatrical Aspect Ratio: 2.20:1

Keanu Reeves ... Siddhartha
Ruocheng Ying ... Lama Norbu (as Ying Ruocheng)
Chris Isaak ... Dean Conrad

Bridget Fonda ... Lisa Conrad
Alex Wiesendanger ... Jesse Conrad

Little Buddha in 13 Parts
www.youtube.com...

This movie is ultimately about belief in Reincarnation and finding the Reincarnationed Buddha.

If you haven't seen this movie it well worth it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Cool I will take alook at that movie.

Looked at a couple of chapters of that lawofone stuff but I dunno seems a bit crazy.

Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
amazing...if u dont mind me asking...
what did u TAKE from knowing this past life? are u a changed person 100% than that previous life or are u somewhat similar?

I am not the same person, but the same essence of being if that makes any sense.

What I gained is an ability to somewhat imunize myself from many of the belief system traps we fall into while here, and also allow myself in this lifetime to explore the greater reality that we come from.

There is no question I am totally changed, I know this life time is offering up a lot of insights and answers to the real true nature of our reality.

I still have a lot to learn, but I think I am experiencing positive growth spiritualy.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you believe in reincarnation you probably believe in souls. As in the immaterial thing that animates your body that is separate from your brain. Memories are all stored in your brain and are retrieved by biochemical reactions and firing neurons. If a soul did exist, I believe it is completely independent from our thoughts memories and any other process that the brain is responsible for.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Just start at session 1 and work your way from there and by session 30 which is where I'm at, things should start to make a little more sense then they do now. The thing is, not one person on ATS is going to be able to give you all the anwsers and for that matter neither is the Law of One or The Wanderers Handbook, however they do make for good guides. In the end research brings your own revelations.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Originally posted by kaskade

What I gained is an ability to somewhat imunize myself from many of the belief system traps we fall into while here, and also allow myself in this lifetime to explore the greater reality that we come from.

There is no question I am totally changed, I know this life time is offering up a lot of insights and answers to the real true nature of our reality.

I still have a lot to learn, but I think I am experiencing positive growth spiritualy.

Good post YouAreDreaming, I also have a lot to learn but think the answers are within not without.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Just start at session 1 and work your way from there and by session 30 which is where I'm at, things should start to make a little more sense then they do now. The thing is, not one person on ATS is going to be able to give you all the anwsers and for that matter neither is the Law of One or The Wanderers Handbook, however they do make for good guides. In the end research brings your own revelations.

Put well. I would like to add, "As it is necessary, each path is unique and unique to each person." We can only suggest things to think upon to each other, the 'truth' or 'knowing' is independent for each person, as each person leads their own life and path.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'd love for 'reincarnation' to be real, i really would.

But i just can't see it.

There are ever increasing amounts of people on the planet, there has been since the beginning of human kind.

If we say started with '2 humans' - how did our 'souls' reincarnate from 2 souls, reincarnating life by life, to 6 Billion...

Same goes for now. Say RIGHT NOW there are 6 Billion souls to be reincarnated after death, someday the earth will have 8 Billion people.. 2 Billion souls have appeared from..where?

Interesting theory, very interesting. But it doesn't add up in my head sadly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join