It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Reality or Myth?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

That is a very good point actually. I mean I have never dreamt I was someone else so cant relate exactly but have def had dream that at the time i percieve them to be real and accept them as fact.

Damn what if its all a dream then lol that one has really got my brain ticking, kind of semi answer the question too which is great.

Still feel I am missing something but getting closer.

Once again want to say thank you to all that are contributing to this discussion. This is really good stuff.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think the Universe recycles.

Why would we be created just to disappear forever?

It seems obvious to me that we have always been here.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501
Thanks guys this is all really good stuff, I have really got the bug for this and have sucha strong urge to learn about it for some reason.

Your right I cant remember everything certainly not breakfast from five years ago.

I think the problem I am having is I cant seem to think of a sentence that explains what I am trying to figure out.

So lets reincarnation is a fact...

If i am remembering things from my life vividly now does that mean this is my final journey here? Do I not remeber previous lifes because I have been working to this point? and therefore like some of you said those lives are in my subconcious.

If we had constant memory wipes or amnesia then we wouldnt be aware of whats going on now unless it has stopped or this is our last journey?

Does that make it a bit clearer.

just want to say also I am not trying to disporve reincarnation, actually quite the opposite I think I may be fascinated because i am being drawn to the idea. Just want to try work out the gaps in my puzzle .

i don't know anything about reincarnation because-- it has not been proven to be real or not but we all can only assume. However, I'd like to say tha i think that the reason we can't remember our past lifes is because we reincarnate in a new body so basically all our memories are being erased and there's nothing left there.. i mean when our body dies we reincarnate as a soul into a new body but everything we knew in our last life is lost because our body dies when it gets old and as we know that the memory is stored in our brain we can't remember anything i think..

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
When you die your dead (bodily death). Your never coming back.
If you believe in Jesus, you will continue to live (spiritually).
Then we will get our new bodies later.
See this verse:
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

[edit on 10/11/2009 by texastig]

[edit on 10/11/2009 by texastig]

seriously save your jesus and scripture mumbo jumbo
we asked for a PERSONAL OPINION...not some re-read scripture that your pastor brainwashed u on

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart

So, if we are reincarnated why can't we recall our memories from our previous lifes clearly.

Good questions, tempest501,

I've studied the idea of reincarnation for over 20 years and I'm totally convinced that reincarnation is for real, not a shred of doubt, whatsoever.

For many years, I, too, was puzzled about the issue of the "forgetting" of past-life memories and this used to piss me off, as I knew for certain that I've had a lot of past lives and I had wanted to benefit from the accrual of experience and wisdom gained from those past lives.

In the course of my research, I frequently saw the phrase "the veil of illusion" and it was not until later, when I got into the Ra Material -- here's a great url with which to study this awesome material ... www.lawofone.info... ... that will give you excellent information about how life is structured -- I finally understood the reasons why people who incarnate into 3-D as we know it cannot, for the most part, recall their past lives.

So, to start with, you must understand the fundamental reason why this 3-D (Third Density) reality exists in the first place. It exists as a playing field, a learning ground for souls who are in the stage of learning the lessons that center around one central theme: CHOICE.

Choices like love or fear, love or hate, light or dark, up or down, forgive or kill, give or take, lies or truth, left or right, yes or no, ad infinitum -- ALL undergird the fundamental reason why this 3-D reality exists. 3-D beings are here to learn the lessons from the choices that they face in their lives, to learn the wisdom of making mistakes ... mis-takes ... and facing the consequences from those kinds of choices.

So CHOICE is the central reason why we 3-D beings are here and it is why we frequently reincarnate over and over again, living each life as if each life stood on its own. So why on Earth can't we recall our past lives, for the most part?

It is because of this: it is absolutely necessary to "forget" (the "veil of illusion") our past lives for each lifetime in order to fully learn the lessons of choices made in each lifetime. As one accrues lifetimes, the lessons/wisdom learned from each lifetime ARE carried forward into the next lifetime as not conscious memories, but as emotional/mental/spiritual inclinations towards certain kinds of choices and aversions from other kinds of choices, the patterns of which, reinforced over a series of lifetimes, becomes strongly-patterned cycles of personal development and soul growth, so the soul that reincarnates becomes stronger and wiser after a cycle of reincarnating.

So conscious memories are not carried from lifetime to lifetime, but the emotional memories are, as well as the wisdom/lessons that are gleaned from each lifetime and applied to the next lifetime. It is necessary for the conscious ego that is "in charge" of a lifetime to forget the larger soul of which the ego is a part in order for the ego to have the clean slate, the full freedom to experience the effects of application of Free Will.

Some people have had so many incarnations that they get to the stage of recalling their past lives with ease; some need regressions to recall their past lives; some cannot recall at all -- all are on different stages of their paths to one central point -- to return to the One Infinite Creator, from which they all emerged.

So the lessons of choices made prepares a soul for the next stage in soul evolution, which is to graduate to the 4-D (4th Density) and, when the lessons of 4-D are done, the soul graduates to the 5th Density and so on, all the way to re-merging with the One Infinite Creator, our common Source, from which we all emerged and to which we all are headed.

Free Will is the key and it cannot work without the full power to make choices and to face the full effects -- positive or negative -- of those choices made.

ammmazing =]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

With life being about Experiences on offer, having full memory of previous lives could prevent you from truly experiencing the chosen life this time.

A time comes when people do regain their own memories, to know what paths brought them to here and now. But usually that is related to ones awakening back towards their own higher awareness. Which itself is a prepatory state to being the awesome soul you are, here in the 3D.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

It just so happens, I remember existing before this life. This memory I call pre-life memory and I have had it before I was born. I will share what I remember and what I know in hopes it helps you in understanding this phenomena.

In my former life, I was a soldier that died in a war, shot dead in a trench as I looked down the site of my bolt-action rifle. What killed me is most likely a bullet in the head, although I think maybe artillery shrapnel could have also be the culprit.

It was an instant kill as that moment when I was alive I had all the fullness of life gazing through my eyes to a sudden state of total shock as something happened to me. Death happened to me.

Dying was much like turning off a TV, as my visual screen basically closed to a point of singularity into pure blackness, then there was a sudden rush as I exited that former body into what people call the after-life.

I stood on the battle field still watching the war ensue, but I also saw other spirits of dead soldiers. I was in a state of total shock, I could barely think for myself, but I existed.

This being of pure light intercepted me, emitted a beam of energy and dragged me up through all these "layers" to a point by which the being would then start talking to me, reasoning with me and illustrating by a tour where I was and what was going on.

This tour would end with this being sending me back to be human again. This life right now.

The memories are very dream like now, fractured and broken and images with faces without names. It is not like a computer or DVD where I can seek and relive parts of that former life. It is very damaged, broken information from this perspective.

That said, I have no doubt at all, this was a past life. I know for fact it was and have always known my whole life.

The reality is, at least for me, I have reincarnated. Now I have read literature and seen videos of other people who also claim this to be so. I do not doubt it. Based on my memories, my experiences and what I know, reincarnation is very much the truth.

There is a lot more to it, but I wanted to share what I have experienced and given the fragmented, shattered nature of the memories... it is no wonder people have a hard time remembering or even accepting such memories as being anything but a dream, or something other then past life.

Believe what you want, the truth is inevitably going to reveal itself anyways.

We do reincarnate.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

amazing...if u dont mind me asking...
what did u TAKE from knowing this past life? are u a changed person 100% than that previous life or are u somewhat similar?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hi Guys,

Last night watched a programme on Reincarnation and it was quite fascinating. It really got me thinking. Now I am not sure what to believe, def on the fence on this one lol. I do have a question though and would love to hear your thoughts on this subject/question.

This is kind of tough to explain but I will do my best.

So, if we are reincarnated why can't we recall our memories from our previous lifes clearly. Granted some people have been hypnotised and remember that way (Quite convincingly in some cases too).

What I mean is if I chose to recall what I have done today I can do so with relative ease. So why cant I with my past lifes? I am self aware right now, if i had a past life does this mean I was not self aware since I am fully aware of my actions now but not those of a past life?

How can I put this , so hard to convey what I am saying.

Lets say for a moment I have had past lives, why is it in this life I am allowed the priveledge of being aware of myself, my actions and being able to have memory this time.

Hope people get what I am trying to say and cant wait to hear your thoughts on the matter.

For me, our body-conscious is what holds our facts and figures. Our souls are what hold our Emotions and desires.

So, to remember clearly an event we need both our minds and souls, which is why on the odd occasion brain damage can affect our 'being' - changing us from knowing who we are, to somthing that merely remembers what we were.

Our soul, that which is reincarnated - the energy of life - I believe is not 100% ours. I believe that it is made unique by our experiences.

I believe that we create good energy, bad energy and neutral energy via our lives. When a child is born, as it takes from the etheral energy surrounding all of us, it is influenced by the charge within it.

Sometimes, the energy can be so strongly charged with a life's experiences and energy that it can retain some memories - or shadows (ghosts) of a previous life. They become an almost subconcious influence on the child, but always there.

The same, in a way, happens when someone receives an organ from a donor. If the stored recollections are strong enough, they may recall and feel some of the same experiences, feelings and emotions of the deceased.

I don't believe there is much difference between what we consider a soul - energy - and the physical. Quantum physics states that it is all the same..

But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Really nice way to look at it. Thanks for the input.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

We do reincarnate.
[edit on 11-10-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

Well, I respect your opinion. All I can say that I haven't got personal experience about the matter and hence I cannot just believe it.

I wonder if there's any genetical proof about reincarnation - should be available at the age of genealogy if there were any.

-v

edit:

Regardless, I don't deny reincarnation, as there is no proof for that either. Many people seems to accept it. Few due their own experiences, many as a belief, told by others.

I usually reject believing anything without my own experience.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

This is where I am coming from too. I like to go on a journey to find the truth rather than blind believing so I can def relate to what you are saying.

None the less its a fascinating subject so far.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
hello
A quick peruse I didn't see any mention of the James Leinineir case really amazing and cool. Very cool thread and how can billions of people have it wrong just as likely an explanation as what the other half believes.

......and did I mention I like this case?

www.youtube.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
hello
A quick peruse I didn't see any mention of the James Leinineir case really amazing and cool. Very cool thread and how can billions of people have it wrong just as likely an explanation as what the other half believes.

......and did I mention I like this case?

www.youtube.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thanks for links I am about to leave work so I will check them out and let you know what i think.

So far I certainly think its possible , just trying to get my head round the whole self awareness hurdle.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well, your spirit/soul is transfered into another body.
Your brain stores your memories.
New body, new brain, no old memories.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's another question. I took this from that youtube video with the wwII pilot.

"...why is it that we lose consciousness , when the brain suffers damage or loss of blood ..as in the case when a person is under anesthesia , reducing blood flow to the brain ( essentially , an artificially induced coma ) ..

If consciousness is "something" independent of the brain , rather than the activity of the brain ..then why is it that when the brain is in treated with chemicals or with a baseball bat , you lose consciousness?"

So, why do we lose consciousness when you hit your head hard? If consciousness is something independent of the body.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
hey there
In my earlier post I meant to post this story as well I just found it.

my apologies.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
Well, your spirit/soul is transfered into another body.
Your brain stores your memories.
New body, new brain, no old memories.

Yea, I understand that but then why are we self aware of this life right now? Is it because this is the last time we will reincarnate, Is it because this is our first time here etc?

Why can i remember whats going on at this moment/live so vividly but not a previous life. Or if i am to have another life after this how come I am remembering this one so vividly now etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

hey there

my apologies.

www.youtube.com...

Woa thats pretty intense and amazing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

hey there

my apologies.

www.youtube.com...

I've seen that one before. I wonder that what media portrays onto us, is reality at all? Nevertheless, it's an interestening story.

I also wonder, to what extend the genes and DNA affects the build-up of one's brainstructure, and how much it can be affected by a little hypnosis or indoctrination?

Also, our eyes are said to be able to pick up the change in single foton, which usually isn't picked up by our consciousness tho. Also, we can hear frequencys that we may not be able to hear consciously. All these suggests that our brains are able to receive weak signals of what the consciousness is unable to consciously process.

With powerfull imagination and the usage of the "dream center", one can travel into fantasies consciously, being able to imagine certain thing very visually and audible way.

Well, I don't want to take a permament stand on whether reincarnation is or is not real. But many people that are saying of being reincarnation of some same famous person is somewhat confusing (like all those Napoleons and Emperors out there).

All I know that the capabilities of our psyche are rather interesting. As of what comes into the clairvoyance and -audience, from that, I have some personal experience, but there's quite likely a "reasonable" explanation for my that. I don't regard myself as a psychic of any type, but just an cautious and observant individual.

Sorry, this wasn't really the issue at hand, but I wanted to emphasize the almost unlimited possibilities of human mind and imagination.

-v

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
there is a book on remote viewing where a viewer rv'd people as they died and some came back as children.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join