It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation Reality or Myth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The story of a five-year-old boy from Glasgow who has been telling stories of a past life on the remote island of Barra in the Outer Hebrides ever since he could talk. His mother, unconvinced by a psychologist\\\'s explanation, decides to visit Dr Jim Tucker of the University of Virginia, before travelling to Barra to see if any of the tales of a \\\'previous life\\\' can be verified.

www.youtube.com...

another fascinating story

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

Cool find dude, really interesting

It's often put forward that children are much more perceptive than adults, like what Aldous Huxley wrote in 'The Doors of Perception'. They have more doors open, and we as adults have a lot of 'clogged' doors, closed because of all our day to day worries that prevent us from seeing the world as we should.

Maybe the fact that children have this insight means that they are more apt to remember past lives, but this soon fades out?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I definitely think it's plausible from a scientific point of view because after all humans and life itself consists of nothing but energy, according to the 2nd law of thermodynamics energy can never be created or destroyed, it can only be transferred, this fits it's with a theory of reincarnation.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

It just so happens, I remember existing before this life. This memory I call pre-life memory and I have had it before I was born. I will share what I remember and what I know in hopes it helps you in understanding this phenomena.

In my former life, I was a soldier that died in a war, shot dead in a trench as I looked down the site of my bolt-action rifle. What killed me is most likely a bullet in the head, although I think maybe artillery shrapnel could have also be the culprit.

It was an instant kill as that moment when I was alive I had all the fullness of life gazing through my eyes to a sudden state of total shock as something happened to me. Death happened to me.

Dying was much like turning off a TV, as my visual screen basically closed to a point of singularity into pure blackness, then there was a sudden rush as I exited that former body into what people call the after-life.

I stood on the battle field still watching the war ensue, but I also saw other spirits of dead soldiers. I was in a state of total shock, I could barely think for myself, but I existed.

This being of pure light intercepted me, emitted a beam of energy and dragged me up through all these "layers" to a point by which the being would then start talking to me, reasoning with me and illustrating by a tour where I was and what was going on.

This tour would end with this being sending me back to be human again. This life right now.

The memories are very dream like now, fractured and broken and images with faces without names. It is not like a computer or DVD where I can seek and relive parts of that former life. It is very damaged, broken information from this perspective.

That said, I have no doubt at all, this was a past life. I know for fact it was and have always known my whole life.

The reality is, at least for me, I have reincarnated. Now I have read literature and seen videos of other people who also claim this to be so. I do not doubt it. Based on my memories, my experiences and what I know, reincarnation is very much the truth.

There is a lot more to it, but I wanted to share what I have experienced and given the fragmented, shattered nature of the memories... it is no wonder people have a hard time remembering or even accepting such memories as being anything but a dream, or something other then past life.

Believe what you want, the truth is inevitably going to reveal itself anyways.

We do reincarnate.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Questions,

If reincarnation was real, what is the point? If you reincarnate into a new body, but have no memories of your former self, then its meaningless. There would be absolutely no point. Nothing to learn from, you make new mistakes, new memories, learn new skills, find new love, have a new family. So everything that you did in your former life was just a sham? Therefore it would mean that our current self is nothing more than a sham.

If reincarnation was real, what would be the motives for it? So wouldn't this mean that life is then Hell? Does one reincarnate for eternity, doomed to repeat the tragedies of sickness, loss, pain, and eventually death just to do it all over again? That is pretty sick.

If reincarnation was real, wouldn't this mean that there is no choice, and that life itself is not real just a recurring thought in some Deities mind? Just like the thoughts of that beautiful woman recurring in my dreams?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

You present some good questions, and I may not have any answers to them. But I will tell you what I think based on my experiences.

When I died, I argued with this being of light about coming back to this life. From my former-life perspective, I did NOT want to come back. I told the being that it was crazy down here, everybody killing everybody and that whole reality left me disgusted and scared.

The being assured me that this time it would be different, but didn't give me a choice not to come back. It was a forced incarnation, no denying that. At least, my former-self really did not want to come back at all. This other being however, had the last say. It knew the system, knew the game and my lack of knowledge and ignorance was more then enough for it to simply slot me back in.

I would scream and that started the fragmentation of my former self, I like to call it the blender. It's like being blended up and poured into a new mold.

I believe this emotional conflict is why my new life didn't want to let go. I resisted heavily as a child because I would go out-of-body and go back to this being protesting being put back in.

All I ever got for the reason, "This time it will be different.".

Well, here I am. In the flesh. My former-self just a faded memory, and this time I have lived twice as long as that former life. Is it different? Very much so. The being did keep it's word. I don't think it could be any more different then as it is now.

What does it all mean? What's the point? It's a very psychological mind f*** if you don't mind me saying. There is a reason, there is a point however.

You say that the last life is like a dream. You are right. It was just a dream. This life is just a dream. That is correct. It also is a dream. We are just the thoughts of some deity. You are correct. We are thought, we are a dream within a dream.

What we really are is consciousness. We are part of a Universal consciousness individualized as a part of it, to be a player within ONE of many reality systems it/we have created using thought.

What we all need to remember is, even though we are individualized parts of this universal consciousness, we still are this universal consciousness.

In this life, I have come to realize that that being who I could call God which sent me back, was not someone else. That being was me, sending me back here. And doing so, so I could continue onward to evolve into the being that I met that fateful day when it sent me back.

A really twisted temporal freakshow if you ask me. That being already knows this whole life from head to toe, planned it all carefully and in great detail. As it has every lifetime that it has committed itself too.

Why all this reality that we subject ourselves too? Some good questions, ask yourself to show you. Let yourself answer those questions.

You have all the answers, just waiting for you to realize them.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Here are my current thoughts on reincarnation:

There are three main levels of the projection of consciousness. There is dreaming, wherein the astral body is either within or very close to the physical body.

There is astral projection, wherein a person enters the astral/dream plane consciously, either from a waking state or during sleep and becoming lucid.

Then there is the out of body experience. The first everyone experiences, the second takes some practice but people have naturally experienced those as well. The third people tend to only experience as part of a traumatic event when they are close to bodily death. I would do some research in the area of OOBE to get an idea of how vividly people can recall events, words and places while they are physically dead (heart and brain) and the doctors are trying to revive them.

I can actually leave my body as in an OOBE so i certainly believe that we have a level of being which is not connected to the physical. Furthermore on June 10th of this year I spontaneously obtained memories of a past life which gave me knowledge of things I had absolutely no way of knowing (things about ancient Greece which I only later found and confirmed in very scholarly works which contained knowledge I would have never been exposed to anywhere by anyone). Before then I had been rather skeptical but open minded, now I am at least certain that memories or information can be transferred from other places and times. But I'm also an Adept of a Rosicrucian Order, so the study of consciousness and spiritual reality is what I do.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Very cool posts, YouAreDreaming, very cool. Got you some stars -- the ATS kind -- not the shot-in-the-field kind. Pardon my gallows humor.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I also have questions pertaining to this subject. The main one being....

Why do I "remember" this life, but not the others? Like, right now I know I'm alive, but I never remember thinking this before in my past lives if they do exist.

Hopefully you understand what I'm getting at.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Good reply, It could be the very reason for things such as Deja Vu, dreams you have of things you have never seen and such.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
All I can say is I am in the same boat as all of you, and none of us are getting out of here alive.

You poor bastards. The reality is truth is subjectively realized for all of us as we journey through the psychological mind-f*** that is reality. Even if I have amazing revelations and amazing truths, they aren't something I can just give you wrapped up in a little box with a bow on top. The truth is realized and it is something each of us have to come to terms with.

What is true, real and trustworthy in a world like Earth when all of our information is tailored to a time period that we wake in, a culture that we are born, a pattern that we have handed to us by our parents and society. Most of it being far from the truth.

We live in a world where man controls man, and information is used to control what you believe and seldom does it give you any real value when it comes to truth. If you can't trust it, who can you trust? It's you, the person who has the final say in what is true, and what is false.

It takes realization, it takes experience and it takes time to get to the core of what the truth is.

You can't get there without having something in you to validate it, to make it real. Yet all the truth you would ever seek is already inside of you waiting for you to realize it.

I might have an advantage that I know we reincarnate, it's not belief because I know what I personally have gone through to get where I am today. And it's not all roses and silver spoons. It's hard core reality, the same mouth full each of us are getting.

Uncensored, real and in my face. And all I can say, is... it's amazing.

I don't think any of us will come out of human existence going that totally sucked balls. Because in the bigger picture, the big big picture which spans an eternity, it's pretty damn cool that we exist at all.

You just need to trust yourself, trust your gut and seek the truth by experiencing it. My mouth, books, stories can't tell you what truth is, only your eyes, your thoughts and your experiences will yield it. Just remember it [truth] is right in front of you, always.

All that awaits is you to realize it.

It's bigger then reincarnation. It's bigger then this reality. There is a big big picture and you are an artist painting it, lost in it... finding yourself. Happy trails.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
in a medium paced, but calm voice: "put a little tree, right here."

Oh, the random things that come to mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by doped00

Why do I "remember" this life, but not the others? Like, right now I know I'm alive, but I never remember thinking this before in my past lives if they do exist.

Thats the question I have been fumbling to describe lol, thankyou for doing it for me friend.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wow thanks for all your great stories/experiences.

This is my last day of shift work and I think I will be researching this more and more. Hopefully can answer that pesky question.

I think i believe in reincarnation (just trying to figure out if im being biased because I would like it to be true though).

Is it possible that I am aware of this life now because it is my first time ?

Does anyone know how reincarnation deals with the increased size of people on earth etc?

Youaredreaming/Seventhdoor: Really intreting stuff.

You know its funny I seem so drawn to this stuff its like its a blackhole that I cant escape and need to know more lol. Whats stranger is I was never really that philosophical until the last couple of years really.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

Originally posted by doped00

Thats the question I have been fumbling to describe lol, thankyou for doing it for me friend.

Peace

It is a very good question. Why do I remember existing as someone else before this life? And you both do not?

That doesn't seem fair. If I remember you should also remember if reincarnation is true. The reality is, your consciousness is compartmentalized into many layers.

Use the onion analogy where you started in the center in one lifetime, grew another layer which became individual but unaware of the central layer, and as you grew to more and more layers each layer you realized you existed, but were unaware of the layers that got you here.

Each layer is a compartment of your layered consciousness. You need to peel back the layers to get to the source of who you really are.

Let me use a dream analogy, how many dreams have you had where you were someone else? Do you remember who that was now? Do you ever remember dreaming of being someone other then you are right now?

In the dream, did you know you were who you are right now? Think about it, I bet you in that dream didn't even concieve that you are who you are right now.

I know this is a stretch, but I've had dreams like that. And I can tell you that when I was someone else in that dream, who I am now was the furthest thing on that dream characters mind.

Your consciousness is more then your current linear focus, it spans many dreams, many concepts of self. Many lifetimes...

How you put that together now, is a part of your personal journey. How do you remember the inner layers of your onion?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Complex similarity of human brain is the reason of experiencing something like reincarnation. Reincarnation in the sense that our souls would be switched to another body, does not exist for me.

Yet, there is somekind of past history build in our brains, and I call it racial memory of human kind. It includes instictive reactional behaviour and so on.

When active, these layers of brains can produce something like images of past lives (if one has powerful imagination). And in the sense that we are long product of nature, our species has existed perhaps for millions of years, we - as archetypical personalities - actually have existed before. But I reject the idea of reincarnation as it is commonly understood.

People live and learn in certain types of environment - receiving and returning specific types of variables (which are not infinitive), therefore same type of personalities exists. The cultural oppression also presets us with many kind of readily given patterns.

All this and many other things ensure that there are some people who has experiences of past lives. In my opinion, they have not really existed before in the sense they claim, but have vivid imagination and sincerely believe so, yet all they experience is their ancestral memory with colours of their imagination. They may have indoctrinated themselves either un- or purposefully because such doctirine exists in the form of reincarnation.

-v

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I always thought that reincarnation was possible, and indeed was one of the things that drew me to reading about Buddhism, although I am of no practicing religion.

About 5 years ago, a friend of the family out of the blue said that during their medical studies, they learned a certain amount of hypnotism, and and was investigating reincarnation on a serious level by means of regression. I volunteered to be a test subject, and entered the process being very, very cynical, and demanding a huge amount of proof and quantifiable evidence (as always).

Well, 2 days after I started, I watched the videos of myself, and was, well, shocked! I has no real recollection of the hypnotism, but there I was on film recounting 2 previous lives... err.

I recounted events, names, and info that I thought i had not known in my conscious mind, and indeed thought that I never knew. Both 'lives' were also very un-noteworthy... no I was not Ghengis Khan or King Arthur!

I don't thing about the event at all recently, but weirdly, about 2-3 weeks later, I did feel 'lighter' in spirit somehow, and also have a very good upturn in my job and life for a good few years after.

Not saying I am a believer or not, but for me, it is in the 'needs further investigation' file, with me leaning on the 'yes, I am a believer' side.

Peace

FF

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
what i don't understand is, how is it that many people say they were cleopatra or napoleon in a past life, imagine if in 200-300 years time a load of people around the world say they were princess diana?

diana was diana, a bunch of other people weren't living in her at the time!

just something i don't comprehend!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

The answer to this question as I believe is: When you first born, you have no memories, being a new soul. Everything you do in life fills up your brain. You die, leaving your brain behind. Then you are reborn with no memories, since your past-life brain didn't follow you. Imagine, a baby with the brains of 30 people.

Also, it could be that you do remember your past lives, but a childs mind erases it as more things come in (walk, crawl, eat...) Plus, the brain of a child couldn't hold all the memories of an adult, so only a few can fit in. The sad thing about that is that you forget it before you learn to communicate.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm also on the fence about reincarnation. It explains some things, but then raises as many questions as it answers. Like most theories or ideas.

Not remembering is easy to explain - using several methods. First, memory might be a function of the brain (and not the "mind" or spirit or whatever). Since you don't have the brain from your last lifetime, you can't have those memories.

Someone once explained to me that we don't remember previous lives because for most of us, they were incredibly boring or horrible. I mean, who wants to remember being one of the slaves that had to haul those big blocks to make the Pyramids? Or was a peasant digging potatoes every day of his life for 60 years? And so on.

One group (some sect of the Hindus) says that the shock of dying and leaving our previous bodies causes amnesia.

But to me, the most sensible answer is that we're in *this* life now. We need to focus on this life, rather than some previous one. Digging around trying to find out if you were Cleopatra or Nebuchadnezzar in a previous life just takes your attention from this one - which is the only one you've got now.

I think this is an important point. Take good care of this lifetime, and the others (if any) will take care of themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join