It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an Alien mummy corpse been discovered by the show, "Destination Truth"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is the first time I've ever watched Destination Truth, and it will probably the last. What a stupid, stupid, sensationalistic show! You can tell the stars watch too many action films, 'cause they keep yelling "Go, go, go!" like they're on a SWAT team or in a marine platoon or something.

I would be so embarrassed if I had anything to do with this show!

So some homeless person ate a chicken in a mine shaft and buried the carcass. Then some idiots dug up the leftovers. Stop the presses, it's the story of the century!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
...The one thing I wish the team had of done is at least grab a small tissue sample from the corpse for a possible DNA analysis. by DimensionalDetective]

Sadly I missed the show. Sounds like it was a good one.

I really agree with you that the team should have gotten some DNA samples for analysis. It is unfortunate that these tests cost thousands of dollars (speaking from hearsay). Although I'm sure the History Channel could afford to perform the test.

It seems like people that discover these things are sometimes over burdened with the cost of trying to provide concrete proof. I guess it can take years in some cases, and many, working on their own, don't have the resources or man power to substantiate their claims.

But, like I said earlier, I think the History Channel could have afforded the tests. I imagine however they don't want the guy's on the show running up to the project manager every week saying.... we need another DNA test.

Although, now that I have typed all that... I'm sure the 'truth detectives' do DNA tests regularly... Big Foot hairs come to mind.... I guess they only collect DNA samples from some things... unfortunately...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
So some homeless person ate a chicken in a mine shaft and buried the carcass. Then some idiots dug up the leftovers. Stop the presses, it's the story of the century!

Yeah because homeless people always bury chicken carcasses in a foot deep hole, wrapped carefully in cloth, in a mineshaft.

Be reasonable. It obviously wasn't a chicken and they had two experts examine it and neither could identify it.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Interesting show. It didn't look staged to me.

And what's with the hooved feet. Pretty creepy.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmm the show looked completely false and staged to me, this "thing" that they found looks exactly like a chicken as one of them stated.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
as people are still discussing the " alien chicken " - are there any hi res pics of it to look at - or just the crap vid caps ?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I found a site that has pictures. The pictures are not the best but at least
they are stills.
phantomuniverse.blogspot.com...

Witch

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It is the preserved remains of a Quagaar Warrior!

Sorry. Just had to throw in a Red Dwarf quote that I thought was applicable. ^_^

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
And here I was trying NOT to bring the Quaagars into this! *dies laughing* Lister, you smeghead!

*second line?*

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thats another thing... the pictures werent even decent. If they couldnt take it out of the country they could have least taken it somewhere and cleaned it up a bit before taking pictures.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I though for a minute I was watching ghost hunters then realised that it was something much worse, I have found something, some bones then something that look like a chicken ohhh my god what is this, I wouldent be shocked it there was a kfc bargain bucket off screen

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think this is fake, because if it really were true they would not have been dangling that thing around for the camera as much. They would probably call in people who are qualified to analyze it and shed their expertise on the matter. If you play back the video, you can see their lack of astonishment as if they knew they were in on it and had to put on the "surprised" face.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
I have no idea whats all the exciment about, this was pathetic. That clearly looked like someone was ahead of them using a lantern or something. They find whats some sort of bird, and the guy starts saying "am I holding a dead alien"? Is this for real? Also whats the point of filming a huge white light with a frikkin NV camera, which has dismal quality? Why not filming it on normal, optical mode?
That was just awful.

Yes, yes I had to laugh because they sounded soooooo serious. If they were serious about finding evidence they would've had in place a lab in Chile to do any lab work necessary to determine exactly what it was to eliminate any and all doubts.

You know what, this show brings to mind The Blair Witch Project, all they needed was someone with a runny nose and crying into the camera.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Chai_An]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
Yeah because homeless people always bury chicken carcasses in a foot deep hole, wrapped carefully in cloth, in a mineshaft.

Be reasonable. It obviously wasn't a chicken and they had two experts examine it and neither could identify it.

Lmao, are you sure it was wrapped in cloth?

These experts did NOT examine it! they looked at PICTURES of it while it had not even been cleaned off!! What a mockery of true investigation

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This seems like one of the better episodes. I'm going to have to check it out on Hulu when it pops up.

I do like the show. Josh is quite entertaining. I don't always like the conclusions he comes to though. He too easily debunks something when he doesn't have enough evidence to debunk it. He does a similar thing that the Ghost Hunters sometimes do. You get the "bad lighting," "optical illusions," "the mind makes up things," kind of explanations.

This show and ghost hunters are both guilty of calling something "debunked" when it's not. Speculative debunking, I will call it.

But despite that, both shows do bring up some interesting evidence at times. And I like watching them both.

Troy

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
As has been pointed out, feathers can be plucked. The absence of feathers doesn't rule out a bird. Keep in mind this is Chile and I assume could be one of several indigenous birds. In any case, an animal that has had it's feet removed would have both the tibia and fibula exposed at the base, perhaps giving the grooved impression of a hoof.

The handling of the discovery, however, was incredibly unscientific and highly suspect. Retaining at least one fragment for DNA testing anywhere would have absolutely happened if they truly thought it was extra terrestrial. They never really brought it up close to camera, although they did take still photographs for the experts. If they felt this was real evidence I would expect to see high res images posted on their site. It would create a huge buzz for their show if it were credible.

Now on the other hand, the sound device emitting noises is very intriguing, assuming it wasn't simply hoaxed. As a kid I built a radio out of a kit. One night I was falling asleep and I heard incredibly faint voices talking to me which obviously freaked me out. After turning on the light and investigating I realized that my radio was faintly powering itself just with ambient energy. Don't ask me exactly how that worked, I'm not quite sure. But considering that speakers and microphones are essentially the same device there might be a scientific explanation for this. (You can use your headphones as a mic on your computer for example). So if you had a sensitive device that is unplugged that suddenly gets hit with unusually high amounts of energy (static, electromagnetic, radio waves? I don't know) perhaps it could power itself and give audible feedback. If that's the case, the question is was that energy natural or other?

As far as the sounds that came out of it, they did seem very electronic and not that unlike static. Running around with walkie talkies as a kid I would get similar sounds when two antennae became too close or when you slightly hold down the transmit button.

I knew those experiments as a kid would be applicable some day lol.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by witchof43

thanks very much for finding that - my google fu failed

BUT

FFS - they are bigger idiots than i imagined - the quality of thier photography - and even videography is simply dire

they arte SUPPOSED to be a proffessional productuion team - i have shot video clips in caves and mines , with better lighting and higher production quality than that

as for thier stills - i am speachless - a basic [ $250 compact ] can with on board flash take better pics than that

as for thier methodology and " investigative technique " - line them all up and shoot them

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is all, ALL... ALL! a complete BS.
Even the Scyfy channel disclaimer is wrong, Araucanian people don't live in the northern deserts but in the south, from VII-IX region (first hole I've noticed).

Let's see. Those tunnels are so common in the desert. They're called "piques", and are small mines made by small copper miners. Nothing alien nor native nor sacred there, guys, just a way to subsist for small miners. They were made in late 1800 and still exploited by them. Our north is full of copper, FYI.

I'm amazed to see how so many people still thinks we live in trees and eat bananas everyday. And no, as we don't have bananas, we don't have giant frogs (and our black population is low because our climate was too cold for them in the past). Here, everything is smaller because of our climate. You can see those big ass animals near the Equatorial line, but here, the biggest toad is about 15 cms.

The whole "OH! LOOK! AN ALIEN MUMMY!... *crickets* ...nevermind, let's leave it just there" is insane. If it were a REAL alien mummy... would you leave it on the same place or would you come to the Medic Legal Service to ask for permissions and take some samples to analyze on their closest DNA lab? even the cheapest lab in Arica can do those test! Our MLS is really well equipped and ort of reliable since we had a coup d'etat some years ago and a lot of missing persons that are found time to time needs to be recognized. Lots of American and European scientists works there too. And no, we're not corrupt, the investigation would go for the correct lane even when talking about an alien chick... mummy.

For me, that "mummy" is nothing but a modified chicken carcass putted there on purpose (or maybe a forgotten lunch of a miner?, who knows). Of course, we have some great mummies, but they were made by the Chinchorro around 5000 b.c.. They lived in the coast of Atacama Desert, even in the south coast of Peru. That culture was amazing, and their rituals of mummification were so advanced.

My country is full of mysteries... I'm gathering information about two subjects (UFO related) that I want to share with you all. But this one is complete BS. God bless entertainment!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
A post on the SyFy Destination Truth forum has mentioned the amazing similarities between this case, and the The Filiberto Caponi Case from 1993.

When you look at the photos... check out the feet on the last picture.

The Filiperto Caponi close encounter of the 3rd kind, 1993:

Edit to add ATS threads:

Filiberto Caponi Close Encounter 1993 (w/Pics) Genuine?

Filiberto Caponi: Alien humanoid photos

[edit on 12-10-2009 by yankeerose]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Like I said in an earlier post, the feet are kinda funky. One thing you got to remember, its TV. Being said that I can definitely say from experience that this reeks of some producers idea to increase there shows ratings. Now I don't directly work for a TV show, but I deal with them enough to know that they will do anything to further their artistic view and get good ratings. Now I can't say if the show is real or not, because I have no clue, but my guess would be they stuck a chicken in the hole. Also the fact that they totally disregard any true scientific data mining bothers me. That may be partly due to budget restraints but still, if you are seeking the truth, do it right. Some part of me hopes the lights at the end weren't planned.

Having said my peace, I'll most likely be watching it again this Wednesday night because it is entertaining (and the fact that the girl on the show is pretty cute helps too).

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join