It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an Alien mummy corpse been discovered by the show, "Destination Truth"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Did anyone catch this Wednesday night? The Destination Truth team went to Northern Chile to investigate claims of local resident Indians, who claimed to have been seeing UFO's, and tiny humanoid looking creatures descending and ascending out of ancient underground tunnels and mine shaft systems out in the middle of a desert.

The team spotted strange lights moving ahead of them, both through the tunnel systems deep underground, as well as ABOVE ground, and bizarre, alien-like sounds being picked up on their parabolic dish, which according to the sound guy was UNPLUGGED while these sound transmissions were coming through.

But the subject of great interest and debate to the team is the CORPSE they unearthed down inside of the tunnel system, which appeared to be mummified, had the head removed for some reason, and most curiously, could not be identified by a doctor in mammalogy, as well as a former curator for the L.A. zoo. I actually thought this thing was a bird at first glance, but both these experts ruled it out, saying they had no idea what the heck this thing was, which at the very least leaves one scratching their head...The one thing I wish the team had of done is at least grab a small tissue sample from the corpse for a possible DNA analysis. File this one in the "grey basket" of "unknowns"I suppose. It does appear like something highly strange is taking place in the area though. Kind of a spooky place.

Check out the footage and chime in here folks:

[edit on 9-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow....I didn't get to see this episode! I tell ya that was freaky. What really got me was to electronic sounds that sounded as if it was trying to speak to them. I would love to find out more about what they end up finding out on that little body.
S&F for you! Thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow! This is pretty interesting to say the least. I'm going to watch the rest of the program and see what it's all about. As a person without TV (thank Creation) I am often ignorant of what is currently on the boob tube. This looks a little like some of the sensationalized stuff the likes of UFO Hunters and Ghost Hunters seems to be at times.

I wish somebody would make a show that was a combination of Sightings and In Search Of.... That would be fantastic. No hype. Just evidence, testimony and analysis. Science!

Cheers and S+F'd,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
destination truth made no claims of this thing being alien. although their animal expert couldn't identify it, there's no evidence other than that , that it's anything otherworldly. i was more interested in the light they saw that made their parabolic mic, which was unplugged, emit sounds.

edit to add: i realise that DD isn't saying DT is claiming it's alien, or even that he is. just to clarify

[edit on 9-10-2009 by optimus primal]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Actually, the host, Josh Gates DID say, "am I holding an alien mummy corpse right now?" And it went on to leave it as a true "unknown" to 2 different experts...I am not saying I believe it to be an ET, just pointing it out that it did leave that question as a possibility, hence even the question mark from me at the end of this thread title...WHATEVER it is, it seems to have the crew and the experts baffled, and the area has been noted by locals for seeing small, strange creatures in correalation with UFOs in the area. So at the very least this is one that garners some questions being asked as to what the heck this thing was, especially if it can't be identified by two seperate experts.

But I actually agree with you guys, the light anomolies and sounds picked up by that parabolic were NUTS!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've never seen an episode of this show. To be honest, this is the first I've heard of it as i don't watch TV. Are these guys reliable? Credible?

The video was awesome, though the thing looked like a chicken to me.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

while sometimes going for the dramatic rather than practical, destination truth is one of the better shows of the genre. and lets be frank, josh gates is hilarious. i enjoy watching it. it's much better than monster hunters.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wow!

I saw this the other night, and was wondering how long it would take before I found a thread on it here!

The creature they discovered did resemble a chicken, and at one point, one of the members did admit to this, too. However, the feet were not like a chicken's, nor a human's.

I am going to look about online to see if there is anymore info on this thing. As far as the lights & strange sounds go... that is beyond me, but I am no sound / light technician. There may be another explanation for these.

How would someone be able to get on a cool show like that where you get to travel around the world and film this kind of stuff?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

haha, YES!! That is one of the primary reasons I tune into this show each week---Josh has me on the verge of TEARS at times.
Guy is a freakin RIOT.

They also hit some AMAZING locations, all over the planet. Quite an entertaining and exciting show IMO.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This was one of the best Destination Truth episodes. This entire season has been stellar actually; and Josh will keep you rolling on the floor holding your gut.

I'd like to point out that (while unplugged as stated), the parabolic dish was broadcasting sound, not receiving. That's like a microphone turning into a speaker (while powered down) -- that's a tough one to explain.

They also had some strange experiences while exploring the cave: moving thermal hits on the FLIR camera, and a rock thrown in their direction when they asked something like, "Is anybody there?"

The decayed corpse looked chicken-sized to me as well, but they said it had hooved feet, not talons. What I thought I also saw were curled up fists coming from the upper limbs, but they didn't go into detail. What surprises me is that they didn't collect evidence for DNA testing; they always do that! Are there travel bans on bringing "poultry" from one country to another? Probably... but if I was in the possession of a mysterious corpse that small, you bet I'd try to FedEx that sucker back to HQ for analysis.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Actually, if I remember correctly, I think they said something about it belonging to the government since it was found on their land, so they only took pictures of the thing.

So, whatever the Chilean government finds will be theirs to disclose.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

At first glance that body looks like a chicken with feet removed however, what appears to be an upper limb (hard to discern from the picture) perhaps the ulna looks way too big compared to the legs or it could be the camera angle.

I'm guessing hoax here and I did not here any mention by the team of taking a tiny sample for DNA testing which would be a logical thing to do given the nature of their investigation.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"The one thing I wish the team had of done is at least grab a small tissue sample from the corpse for a possible DNA analysis."

If they thought they had found alien life, there is absolutely no reason why they wouldn't have gotten some DNA samples.

Finding alien life unburdened by the government's prying eyes would be a gold mine. You'd be instantly famous, solve the alien real or fake debate once and for all, sell your find to a museum or collector for millions of dollars, be all over television and the news, have people clamoring to get a book deal, etcetera.

I haven't watched this show, nor do I intend to any time soon as I no longer watch television. But if I had to venture a guess, I'd say bull#, because if they thought they had alien life, they'd be fighting each other for it like grave robbers fighting over gold trinkets in Egyptians tombs.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ahhh finally somebody posted about this. I have not reached the 20 post count so when I tried to start a topic about this.....DENIED.

A big thanks to the OP for this topic.

Everyone seems to be focused on the body they discovered. I'm actually more interested in the light that they saw and the sounds that came out of the parabolic microphone. You can't listen to them and think of some sci-fi alien sound to compare it to.

So they see this light in the middle of the desert and then a parabolic microphone which isn't even plugged in starts making electronic noises, which is something it doesn't do period.

Kind of like they were getting scanned or something an the microphone picked up the signal and it happened to reverb out of it or something.

I don't know....anybody else have any ideas?

I would like to add that, yes Josh Gates is a friggin riot and also one of the reasons I watch this show.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Pocket_Aces]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
yeah i just caught that episode not too long ago and it was very intriguing. it seemed to have the form of a nice chicken from the meat department.. i'm not sure how skilled the doctors were with the team either but they did take a look and said they had no idea wth the corpse was..

i'd like to believe it but i think it was all too convenient that they came upon a nice little hole right in the middle of an easy shaft to get to and he just out of nowhere discovered it and decided to stick his hand in it.. what if there was a snake in there? or some poisonous/venomous creature, but magically he pulled the rabbit out of the hat and we all have ourselves a wonderful topic to discuss

i'd love to believe this is something new! hopefully some more information will be divulged soon

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Myollinir

Myollinir - I think you got it right on the money

If it was alien particularly associated with that light I think they would have to power to clean up behind them. Hoax show IMO, don't you love the way the camera man is always down the tunnel first.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yuppers, I watched it on the original airing then had to watch the re-run that evening. THAT was a good episode. I have no clue what the decayed corpse was , and the phenomena that happened on the ridge blew my mind. Good stuff DD
I also watched the Chernobyl episode did you see that one?

[edit on 9-10-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I watch the entire show on cable and I have to say.. the part that really got to me was the Parabolic dish EMITTED a sound...without it being pluged in ..

THAT RIGHT THERE was enough to convince me there's ultra high technology at work ! .. In other words, it would HAVE to have some sort of external p/s to even begin to operate....even if was plunged in .. it does not and can not EMIT a single ..it's completely design for receiving only !

Thx DD for keep the vigil watch for us .. S&F ol' friend.. S&F....

...as my 16 yr old daughter watch the video .. she was amazed but then she said..

"Dad, why are you so addicted to the UFO/Alien 'thing' .. everyone knows their here .. what's the big deal.. YOU know there so why keep watching?"..

I explained to her that 'we' aren't sure of what their agenda is.. we don't know if they want to create hybrids, start a war at the precise time, or just make contact .. she replied.." hmmmm.. yea.. good point" ..

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Komodo]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The parabolic dish and the lights were interesting.

I am wondering why they didn't get a tissue sample though. They could have easily have snuck it somewhere. As for the Chilean gov't prohibiting corpse transportation, they should have had the local UFO enthusiasts do their thing with it instead of giving it to the Chilean gov't. Of all the people you have to turn it over to it has to be another government.

Ok. They went all the way to Chile to leave the Chick... uhm. Unknown corpse. Too questionable if you ask me.

S&F to the OP for something entertaining yet interesting.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

is this real?

just wondering because people have been saying we'll get disclosure soon, who know what form it would be in...

awesome vid

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join