It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an Alien mummy corpse been discovered by the show, "Destination Truth"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It doesn't want to load.
Is it just my PC or is it happening with yours too ?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Those people just want to get most cash out of UFO hype people are in, while the circus is still going. People obviously like to watch dead headless chickens and think they are bent on world domination.

We've ascended from dragons and fairies to anal-probing, mind-controlling, blood-sucking ugly humanoid monsters from cheap Japanese horror text books. All while being either proud atheists, not believing in myths and lies of "those in power", or religious fanatics not believing lies of scientists and devil-people. The amount of unaware arrogance and hypocrisy seems to be the only constant current, periodically proven by our TV shows, books and endless debates.

It's only logical to assume that we're not alone in this universe, you just don't need headless chicken telling you that, or cheap special effects. I'm not even alone in my own head, let alone the universe.

Those certain beings we hear and see yet know nothing about just keep getting different names over generations of humans.
In some rural parts of Serbia there are people who are fully aware of shape-shifting flying reptile beings sucking female menstrual blood. If I know the right people, I could make some cash out of it, just need to end the show with a large snake and lots of menstrual blood. Then I find out Americans believe in alien reptiles doing all kinds of nasty stuff, and they even shape shift too (how convenient). Do they fly? Well, if they shape shift then there's pretty much nothing they can't do.

I'm an arrogant hypocrite but at least I'm aware of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
If this is real, this is amazing

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myollinir
yeah i just caught that episode not too long ago and it was very intriguing. it seemed to have the form of a nice chicken from the meat department.. i'm not sure how skilled the doctors were with the team either but they did take a look and said they had no idea wth the corpse was..

i'd like to believe it but i think it was all too convenient that they came upon a nice little hole right in the middle of an easy shaft to get to and he just out of nowhere discovered it and decided to stick his hand in it.. what if there was a snake in there? or some poisonous/venomous creature, but magically he pulled the rabbit out of the hat and we all have ourselves a wonderful topic to discuss

i'd love to believe this is something new! hopefully some more information will be divulged soon

I agree. And how convenient that the only way to identify this creature would be if it still had its head.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Yeah I'm not buying it. So they find a potential alien corpse and they go "oh well we cant take it with us so we will only take some pics and hand it over to the Chile government. BULL#, if they knew they were on to something they would have tried to analyze that thing, there are scientific and medical labs in Chile too unless those guys dont know it, they could have easily done some test on that thing.

I thought this was supposed to be a serious place, and you guys cream your pants just because you hear some weird, "cliche alien" noises? Even your average computer Joe could fake those in his 5 year old computer, no evidence and no studies = not buying.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
For those who don't have the time, can't or don't want to see the video here's the summary:

• People go into a large cave complex in some god forsaken desert in Chile. Some locals told them there's weird stuff going on around those caves with aliens trying to have a party undisturbed. Of course, they decide to break the party and mess with aliens.
  • They find some hole in which they find a carcass of some dead chicken-looking animal, but without a head. They think it's either an alien, or a stray chicken who fell in because it didn't know where it's heading.
  • They poke at it with a stick, all while calling for our lord almighty with series of OMG's. They decide not to take the corpse because its Copyrighted by Chile government (bummer), and they didn't find it on The Pirate Bay.
  • Shocked after seeing a dead chicken looking thing, they head for the exit.
  • The show ain't over yet, suddenly they see some entities moving in front of them. No, you won't see them in the video, I know you hoped for some a-la Chris Carter effects but nothing such here. Their alien-detector device (apparently a infrared camera) confirms their fears that they're not alone in the cave. Again, you won't see a thermal silhouette of an alien, but just a large red dot.
  • After series of "did you hear that" and "did you see that" dramatic effects, guys find an exit while women and children wait bellow.
  • However, at the exit they see a light in the distance. It looks something like an albino firefly. They're trying to focus their camera at it but no joy there. Then, they hear weird sounds like in that film Signs. They hear it from the microphone! Which simply must be real because we all know how aliens like to brag about their ultra high technology. One of the guys says "that sounds like an alien", so we've got a solid testimony there.
  • Finally, some few experts try to identify the dead chicken based on several photos the crew took. After deep and throughout analysis lasting almost over half a minute, experts remain in mystery.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I hate to be skeptical, wait no i love to be skeptical!

It's a tv show and sadly these kind of shows are renowned for making stuff up, or at the very least making things seen worse than they are. Just think of "most haunted" with all the fake screaming, heavy breathing and in once show a confirmed cameraman purposely making noise.

I kind of think, with all the suspensful music that we're seeing a production designed to hook you and get you watching more by faking some stuff.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

While I do like the show, I find it very implausible at times.

Something that really bugs me, is that they find a small story out in the Amazon or something, go and talk to some locals and then set up a small camp and expect to find evidence.
The chances of finding any evidence over one or two nights, in such a vast expanse of space, and based on one or two anecdotal stories, is laughable.

People dedicate entire careers to finding evidence of something, just one thing, and never get remotely close to finding anything, yet these guys go into a region and collect all this amazing and "unknown" data based on a far lot less.

And their attachment to Ghost Hunters makes me suspicious too.
GH are known to have faked in the past.
I recall one infamous Halloween show that was going particularly slowly and Grant had something "pull" on his jacket. It was clearly fake, and he's not a good actor.
Another episode before that they caught a black mass rising from the ground in a woman's house, and to look at it it was very convincing and typical "scary movie" stuff. It was debunked by fans after the show as being a statue on a coffee table combined with the camera angle as the guy stood. This was pointed out to them by fans hundreds of times and they never addressed it afterwards. They left it for people to believe as evidence.

They all like to make out they are truly noble and hunting for the truth, when the fact is a good scary story gets them more attention and makes them more money.

DT is, I think, another show where they'll "neglect" to mention a fault on equipment when it gives something interesting, or they'll conveniently "forget" to mention the guy analysing evidence was discredited a thousand times as a paid hack, or they'll "accidentally" misinterpret plane lights for a UFO...

Still makes for interesting viewing, so I'm still gonna watch this episode to pass some time on a lazy Saturday.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What is really interesting is why they didn't take a DNA sample of that carcass. I mean if it was decomposing and stank like they say then there must be DNA and that would lead to an easy identification. At the very least it would give you the genus.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
OK. Somebody please tell me how the ruled out a chicken in the first five seconds (even though it looks exactly like a chicken). But then decide 3 minutes later that the corpse looks Huminoid (which it does not).

Drama = Ratings

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This show is good entertainment, but thats all it is

Lets assume that they really did found remains of something in that cave, one of the cast member immediately assumes that its "alien mummy" which is obviously very good for show ratings but in truth it can be a number of other things, like a small dinosaur, Compsognathus or something similar. en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not saying that its dinosaur, I'm saying that it could be one and that they didn't even presented that option nor did any of the "experts" that they asked about the creature, which says a lot about the show.

"Umm the thing that mmm means to me its not a bird is when we look at the feet, the proportions seem to be wrong for any like a human or any kind of primate".

Nice expert

Its pointless to even comment on the " Unplugged mic" part because there is no proof in that video clip that mic was unplugged or that it was emitting sounds.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seircram

This is what you are talking about

goldenagetoday.com...

Real ugly looking sucker

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
appologies - but the clip was so full of over acted hyperbolic CRAP that i didnt get to the end

if thats the standard of ` research ` they have - its time to give up

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
they ruled out its a chicken because of the "hoof like feet". Honestly I think the natives buried a chicken in there to ward off the spirits or something like that. But that's a guess. The lights and sound equipment lighting up at the end was the interesting part. Plus the second part in Turkey where the guy shaved but left the mustache to fit in was a hoot.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by safetyguy76]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Nice show from a entertainment stand point, but I'm not too sure about the truth in it. It looks way to acted, too casual and without much effort to prove the origin of the body or anything witnessed in there which for what I understood was the main point of the show.

At least UFO hunters use to show a little more effort in that regard working with evidences that weren't even collect by them personally.

"Oh! You can travel with a rotten body? No problem! Go to the first top notch lab you can find in Santiago and run some tests in it. They have plenty of them in there, you know. Chile is not all sand with indigenous people building star gate temples and cutting hair with razor blades in the middle of the desert you know?"

That whole excuse about being not allowed to travel with a rotten body is a laughable cheap excuse. They could have sent it to a Lab in Santiago or get a permit to transport a small sample to a US lab with a little bit of effort.

Also they simply neglected the sound analysis and used that crappy IR UFO video instead which are pretty much standard in UFO studies and no one can really tell what they are. And always end up reaching that same question mark that tv shows of this genre are so fond of.

That could very well be a strong IR lamp pointed to the camera connected to a dimmer and no video analysis would be able to disprove it as being something else without images from some side cameras shooting the same thing trough thermal imaging and normal lens without any processing.

So even though it looks entertaining and could be possible, I'm not buying it due to the exploitation of ignorance that they do by assuming certain things.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I watched this show, and found it odd that they did not delve into this topic, Why would they not investigate this more ? If they were holding actually proof, why would scientist not be involved. Why not DNA testing. I think it was a child of ritual sacrifice. That is why the head was decapitated.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I love destination truth so much, I'm a fanboy.

This episode was definately one of the best I've seen, although, it seems kinda dumb that they didn't take any tissue samples. Hopefully the south american authorities will cooperate and let him have the body.

The part that really got me, though, was (along with the parabolic dish) the light they saw in the tunnel which only went straight down at the end...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

the light they saw in the tunnel which only went straight down at the end...

Hey, anybody that has this DVR'ed, and can watch this part on a large screen, take a close look at the last couple of frames, just as the light is disappearing out of sight. I can't be certain, but I swear, it looks an aweful lot like that light splits into TWO, and two orb-like objects move in different directions. Did anyone else notice that?

REALLY weird.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Did not see any evidence of feathers.. so not bird. Tests should be performed on it. Should have brought it back. Looks animal like. head of animals are eaten, all over the world. Also, hands being cut off, I would have like to see a close up of that. This show looks a bit acted, kind of like man vs wild.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Rotary

plucked birds have no feathers either

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join