It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent Web Bot Update Ref: 10/25

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Thanks for that short summery of Eco's story.....

reading peoples "body language" over the internet would be best explained as looking at the amount of emotion they put into their words (subconsiously) and what they really mean instead of what they are saying, right??

hey, i don't know if i'm even right....

i just deducing that all the abstract data that eco says is being quantified and then 'measured', is similar to the contact a psychic or intuitive 'takes in'/'reads' about the person they are consulting with,,,,

& body language and dozens of other abstract & intangible inputs are made consciously & subconsciously by the psychic, or tarot reader, or the medium, remote viewer, etc etc etc

so as to get a better depth of the person and the most likely & correct interpetation of the energies

but, yes... i think that the a persons precognitive abilities plays into the outcome, sometimes real obviously and most often in very subtile ways that color or characterize their speech & how/what they say.

hey we're both trying to get schooled on the web-bot

ADD: too bad i tried answering your post before i scrolled down to read several very clear posts on web-bot, esp. the computerwiz whom i gave a star. Yep...the webbot project is still in diapers and will refine its input data better in some future...attempting to quantify the immeasurable trying to measure the ephemeral & the human spirit just isn't logical yet

[edit on 4-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No hard evidence here. Just an anecdotal story. Sorry..

What WOULD be "hard evidence"?
In the eyes of those who are supposed to provide it, there is no such thing - unless it suits their predetermined desired outcome.
(THEY call it "objectivity"; in reality, it's the opposite: die-hard subjectivity.
But that's a long and tedious story, all too familiar to many here.)

And I am sorry, too: for you, for your brother.
I wish you could have experienced precognition in much more pleasant circumstances.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Predicting October as a bad month for stocks is akin to predicting Christmas will be sometime at the end of December.

Webbott = a joke. A bad joke at that.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Thank you very much for replying, Harman.
I was about to repost my question, because I believe it IS a very valid question - especially for all those (probably the great majority) who are observing this project from a more detached point of view and are perhaps more inclined to consider certain basic technicalities.

Maybe I should have posted the question separately; in fact, I regret not having done so. Not because your reply would be unsatisfactory - far from it, considering you're the only one who replied!
- but because I wonder have all the people who follow it so closely - some seem to be even emotionally involved with it (not that there's anything wrong with it) - weighed the sheer quantitative value (and validity) of the data generated.

To me, it's a basic question.
And basic questions basically have to be answered.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Clif High and his team have been "refining" his linguistics program for over a decade. Yes, I have researched it thoroughly.

In my opinion, it's a sexy idea from a programmers standpoint but I'm afraid it falls flat for accuracy.

Why do you think he lowered his subscription from $700 for an ALTA report to $10 !!!

His days are numbered. So is web-bot. I predict he will lose 100% cred when Oct comes to pass without a whimper. In fact I'll be so bold to predict a 1% increase in markets worldwide on Monday the 26th of October.

bookmark this post

[edit on 4-10-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
Clif High and his team have been "refining" his linguistics program for over a decade. Yes, I have researched it thoroughly.

Good! So, can I have your opinion, too, regarding the validity of the data, considering that barely 1/4 of the world's population has access to the internet, never mind the time to chit-chat on various forums all day long?
(N.B. This is NOT a stab at ATS.
)

It may sound stupid or whatever to you (I am not saying it does), but to me it sounds perfectly valid.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Originally posted by venividivici

Good! So, can I have your opinion, too, regarding the validity of the data, considering that barely 1/4 of the world's population has access to the internet, never mind the time to chit-chat on various forums all day long?
(N.B. This is NOT a stab at ATS.
)

It may sound stupid or whatever to you (I am not saying it does), but to me it sounds perfectly valid.

I guess its like a scientific survey. You don't need to poll the entire earth. You can extrapolate from the data to derive and answer.
Sorry I can't be more helpful. By the way, according to an interview given last year. Clif avoids data from the USA becuase it is too emotionally charged . I found that to be interesting.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I guess its like a scientific survey. You don't need to poll the entire earth. You can extrapolate from the data to derive and answer.
Sorry I can't be more helpful. By the way, according to an interview given last year. Clif avoids data from the USA becuase it is too emotionally charged . I found that to be interesting.

The problem with surveys is that their reliability and practical value depend directly on the (cultural) homogeneity of the population polled - which in this particular case brings us back to the question of all the missing chunks (3/4) of the world.

But your reply definitely IS helpful - thank you.

I, too, especially like the added information that he avoids data from the USA (cca 220 million users, excluding Canada?), for the reason you mention.
It actually highlights the relevance of all those other, unmapped "emotions" - 5 billion worth of them - that are necessarily missing from this survey.

Anyway, it's very interesting.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by unityemissions

No duping people here. It's better, IMO, to know of things that could possibily happen than to be taken totally by surprise if they do happen.

I'm not saying that this will definitely happen... just that everyone should be prepared in case it does.

ok how about this.... whats better... you get your arm chopped off by surprise or someone holding you hand and you see the axe and you know you will get your arm chopped off hmm??

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Since you insist on claiming the web bot is simply google type search terms, here are the top 10 search terms for the past 12 months. On that website you can search trends for just about any combination of time, location and subject. Please tell us how this translates into the web bot data outputs:

Google Trends Insight
Rising searches
1. facebook login +1,650%
2. michael jackson +800%
3. tuenti +300%
4. facebook +300%
5. facebook.com +250%
6. youtube.com +130%
7. yahoo mail +110%
8. face +110%
9. mail +70%
10. jogos +70%

I don't care if you like it, hate it whatever - stop spreading false info to back up your opinion, please.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by ecoparity]

Actually, he isn't spreading false info. I did some looking into it and they state:

A system of spiders, agents, and wanderers travel the Internet, much like a search engine robot, and look for particular kinds of words. It targets discussion groups, translation sites, and places were regular people post a lot of text.

From that statement, I would understand why it wouldn't match google trends as those key words are what are searched by google users. What I would like to know is what sites they are looking at.

Not saying web bots is right / wrong, just adding to the conversation.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't know about web bot... I mean yeah it is much better to hear of something/know about it possibly happening than not to hear of it at all. But to try and figure out what is truly going to happen can cause confusion, and I sure as hell know people around here on ATS are a bit confused, almost all the time. We all are at certain times, simply because all of the bullsh*t that we have been hearing about at the G20 summit, everything that's in the news (and not in the news), and there's been much talk about the USD falling to pieces sooner than later for a while now.

So yeah people, be prepared for the long hall, so in short term if something happens you're already ready for whatever comes your way. But this doesn't mean make an underground bunker and to wear a tinfoil hat

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickT916

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by unityemissions

No duping people here. It's better, IMO, to know of things that could possibily happen than to be taken totally by surprise if they do happen.

I'm not saying that this will definitely happen... just that everyone should be prepared in case it does.

ok how about this.... whats better... you get your arm chopped off by surprise or someone holding you hand and you see the axe and you know you will get your arm chopped off hmm??

Ah now, see, you made that just too easy.

What's better is knowing that the person holding the axe is likely to swing it at you and so you are better able to avoid being hit with it. If taken by surprise your reactions are slower and your confusion abounds.

I made the decision to not continue to participate in the stock market last week based on my interpretation of what has been going lately. I sold everything because I believe the current situation just cannot sustain itself anymore. It being October also has a lot to do with it. I made this decision, not based on the webbot, but on many, many data points of news. The webbot just seems to be in line with my thinking at the moment.

So what if the webbot isn't correct about this? The real question is, are you prepared for what could occur if it IS correct? I am.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
To me, the webbot is a bit like a sophisticated computer based Tarot deck.
By itself, it doesn't predict anything. In the hands of a Reader who is
influenced by??? it can be impressive. I have opinions about what the
influence is and want no part of it. Still, its intriguing to hear.

Anyway, the people who go over the data may be as important as the webbot
program. I haven't seen any evidence that it is any more accurate than
other Psychics. There are some famous hits. There also are 'sort of' hits
that take a bit of stretch. That's about what you get with psychics.

Likely the source is the same.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
like a search engine spider. If I were Cliff I wouldn't have made that comparison because it just confuses the hell out of people.

What passes for standard programming in the business world, the web and so on is nothing like the coding performed in AI projects. We don't even use the same programming languages.

Mathematical probabilities? Please.

Its a waste of time to try and enlighten people on this subject, clearly. It really is too bad Cliff has made the effort to put things into terms people will understand because it just leads to more misunderstanding.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

like a search engine spider. If I were Cliff I wouldn't have made that comparison because it just confuses the hell out of people.

What passes for standard programming in the business world, the web and so on is nothing like the coding performed in AI projects. We don't even use the same programming languages.

Mathematical probabilities? Please.

Its a waste of time to try and enlighten people on this subject, clearly. It really is too bad Cliff has made the effort to put things into terms people will understand because it just leads to more misunderstanding.

Clif should make it OPEN SOURCE and share it with others who wish to help humanity.

Perhaps then he wouldn't have to spend so much time talking about how by the end of the Summer of Hell we'll have sporadic Internet and food rioting by the people living in the malls. He can share that load with others.

Maybe he won't have to keep changing his stories? How does an earthquake destined to kill and destroy become "the Madoff scandal"? Well... because no earthquake happened and the Madoff scandal broke. So ya gotta go with what really happens and say you predicted it. That's what a good medium does.

All of our favorite economic prophets called for a meltdown after the end of the fiscal year a year ago. So when the web bots jumped on it I wasn't surprised at all. Even FOX dedicated a show called "Obama's doom and gloom" because he and his associates predicted problems while McCain and Bush kept saying the economy was sound.*

*I'm sure they don't plan on repeating that episode. Only Peter Schiff (who was not an Obama supporter) said that Obama was correct. Bad times WERE coming.

While Governor Arnold made his goofy remarks about "economic girly men" at the Republican convention, I (and anyone with a brain) knew what was coming by early Oct. '08. All it takes is some surfing and paying attention. This is what Clif tries to do.

However, when he goes off on a real prediction such as politicians vanishing between steps into another dimension, or two guys on the run with secret technology, or 15% of the populace being revealed as part alien, or the MSM realizing they've just interviewed someone who is not human after reviewing the tape... NONE of that is real. It's science fiction from Clif to keep you interested.

He has to mix in something strange ala' Art Bell or we wouldn't care. Everyone already knows about the economy failing, banks closing, people angry, Israel pushing for more war, etc.

How can you take Clif seriously when he tells you Israel will begin its attack around Oct. 25, bomb something sending a cloud in the air that circles the globe EXACTLY nine time, kills scores of people, and eventually leads to the destruction of Israel and the USA military ONLY TO TOTALLY CHANGE HIS STORY when we get close to the date to become "bank shutdowns on the 25th"?

Obviously he (like most of us) have heard that the Israeli's have to wait a bit longer as Iran has invited IAEA to check them out on that date. So what to do? Just change it to the thing that IS going on at the moment; bank failures and economic problems by the end of October. Something everyone knows is true. People will forget the months of b.s. afterward and claim he's had another hit.

Those two things are not even close to the same thing, but web-bot-aholics will say they are. All from a man none of them have ever seen or really know anything about. A secretive guru. Isn't that called a cult?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatthehell?

You accuse the guy of inventing fiction but lead off with "he should make it open source for others who want to help humanity"?

I don't know how to address the contradiction, sorry.

There's solid technology in the program, the weakness is the human in the loop performing the analysis. I've only said that about 6 or 7 times now.

I don't believe Cliff is just making stuff up. I think he's really seeing strange results from the sweeps and either misses on the analysis completely or lacks something needed to put it in the right context. If he's just putting the raw results out there no matter how strange that would indicate a great deal of honesty on his part. I don't think we have enough insight to be able to accuse the man of something, however but it hasn't stopped several people from doing so.

Sadly typical of a large number of ATS "skeptics". When in doubt accuse, accuse, accuse. Anyone making a claim of any kind must show absolutely convincing, scientific proof in triplicate but the skeptics can jump to unfounded conclusions based on personal opinion all day long.

I'll take the person who can honestly say "I don't know" due to lack of evidence over one who thinks absolute disbelief represents skepticism. If they aren't willing to explore or be convinced then why bother showing up for the journey?

Exaggerations and outright false representation of the project reports isn't helping, by the way. There's been quite a bit of that in this discussion so be careful about taking second hand information. The "weird" side of the data is fine on its own without adding to it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Dont worry about the insulting skeptics. You are doing a good job showing how the program really works, and everyone who is truly interested in learning can read your posts or find more information on their own.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
one way or another, *someone* in the thread will have some accounting to do on the 25th . . . just a matter of who gets ATS bragging rights that day

has anyone kept track of the bot predictions and be willing to post them in this thread? if so, i think many people would be up for reading them and making up their own minds. it would be interesting data to look at. while i wouldn't be surprised if we're all psychic on some level and *somehow* you can tap into it and make sense of the mess, the way the bot 'makes sense' of the noise leaves a lot to be desired (if it works at all). data you can't interpret is pretty much useless at best and dangerous at worst.

the predictions that stick out in my head are the ones mentioned here already . . . summer from hell, vanishing politicians, alien tech on the run, election results being 'on hold' for months . . . etc, etc, etc . . . things that just NEVER came to be. those wild predictions have definitely shaped my largely negative views on the bot, i can't lie about that. is the data truly that ambiguous, or are the bot gentlemen just being sensationalisitc?

either way is bad.

but then again . . . while many people were in fact predicting the market to dump last year, i don't recall anyone but bot predicting a date, and bot WAS remarkably accurate on that front.

so, given that i look for at least a major correction or even a new major leg down in the market anyway, i'll take out a block of FAZ on friday before closing bell or in the aftermarket just to make it interesting.

i'll wager a bit of dough on the bot's timing

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

You accuse the guy of inventing fiction but lead off with "he should make it open source for others who want to help humanity"?

I don't know how to address the contradiction, sorry.

There's solid technology in the program, the weakness is the human in the loop performing the analysis. I've only said that about 6 or 7 times now.

I don't believe Cliff is just making stuff up. I think he's really seeing strange results from the sweeps and either misses on the analysis completely or lacks something needed to put it in the right context. If he's just putting the raw results out there no matter how strange that would indicate a great deal of honesty on his part. I don't think we have enough insight to be able to accuse the man of something, however but it hasn't stopped several people from doing so.

Sadly typical of a large number of ATS "skeptics". When in doubt accuse, accuse, accuse. Anyone making a claim of any kind must show absolutely convincing, scientific proof in triplicate but the skeptics can jump to unfounded conclusions based on personal opinion all day long.

I'll take the person who can honestly say "I don't know" due to lack of evidence over one who thinks absolute disbelief represents skepticism. If they aren't willing to explore or be convinced then why bother showing up for the journey?

Exaggerations and outright false representation of the project reports isn't helping, by the way. There's been quite a bit of that in this discussion so be careful about taking second hand information. The "weird" side of the data is fine on its own without adding to it.

You misunderstand. His scanning the net using his program is fine. I'm saying he should share it with others who can help make it even better. Perhaps with a few more brainy fellows hard at work it might actually begin to have a better batting average.

And yes, I accuse Clif of making things up. He changes his stories as time goes by based on what is going on and hopes everyone will forget what he said earlier. Amazingly, they often do. People who talk to the dead and read palms do the same thing.

I'm going off the words that come out of Clif's own mouth. Perhaps one day someone should edit side by side a Clif vs Clif video of these contradictions.

I look at Clif as if he were a smart poster on ATS making his speculations based on scanning tons of info. He says he's accurate 50% of the time. In truth, he's not that close.

You and I could do the same things. Let's try without having an Igor of our own and see how accurate we can be. Here's mine from the WHATTHEHELLOBOT:

1) Financial crisis will get worse. More foreclosures coming. People get desperate.
2) Israel will attack Iran before the end of the year.
3) There will be an attempt to assassinate Obama.
4) There will be more terrorist actions attempted. One will succeed in the USA.
5) People will feel pressured at work and school to take the swine flu vaccine.

Now for the more esoteric Underwater Pig Pissing modelspace:

1) A famous tv personality will be revealed to be one of the mole people; a secretive race of underground dwellers planning a full scale invasion of Vermont.

2) A woman with a tattoo three inches above her navel will create audio tapes that go viral and expose the NWO minion class. Her concerts will be boffo at the box office.

3) A NASA whistle blower is arrested after constantly blowing his whistle in a movie theater.

4) In 2023 we begin to see the first signs of a Global Coastal Event on the east, possibly the west, or perhaps coming from the southern gulf area. It's foggy.

5) For the first time in the history of Mixed Martial Arts fighting an Akidoka actually wins a real fight when his opponent trips and hits his head on the referee's knee.

FIVE of the WHATTHEHELLOBOT predictions have a 50/50 chance of coming true. FIVE will not, but I will declare that I'm reading the emotions of the events and will take any word that fits a real world event and declare THAT was what I really meant.

And now we play the waiting game....

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing.
The way it appears to me is most of us will be sort of prepared for a semi-unknown unknown at the time specified here,give or take.If no biggie happens,we're none the worse for being in lock down mode,a dry run perhaps.Maybe catch some flack from those who you've warned and who now mock,whatever.The point is you won't waste valuable time in the crunch,if it does HTF,by being in stunned disbelief.Able to be of assistance to friends and neighbors instead of isolated in shock and fear of the overwhelming calamity.Heck,might even be able to help direct the whole mess toward something that is of benefit to humanity,not just some NWO breakdown percursor to population reduction and all that ghastly implication.Question is are you really ready?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join