It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent Web Bot Update Ref: 10/25

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
Here's something that's been bugging me ever since I first heard about this project.

The WebBot is supposed to glean its predictions from the - duh! - web, i.e. the internet.
Now, according to the latest available official statistics (June 30, 2009), the total number of internet users in the world amounted to 1,668,870,408 users (that's roughly a billion and a half).

World Internet Usage Statistics

Even if all those users were on the web daily (which is hard to believe), they would still make up only 1/4 (very approximately) of the world population.

How reliable would these predictions be, considering that most of the world population does not use the internet?

I am perfectly aware that there may be some flaw in my reasoning, or that my question could seem naive. But never mind that. (I don't.
)
I would really like to know.

For what it's worth the way i think it works is the more people that are giving input to the webbot linguistics the more accurate it becomes and it is not a personal prediction but a global one. One person has a tiny bit of precognition in general but if 1 million people are giving input it has a million times more of that personal tiny bit of precognition to mine from. 1.6 billion gives it 1.6 billion times that little pieve of precognition to go from and statistics within the linguistics do the rest. If all 6 billion would be on the net it would be even better of course but 1.6 billion is good too for a general outline of the shadows of the future (that's what the webbot crew tries to analyze)

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Harman]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well folks, let's just say that there are enough pieces in place to make this a POSSIBILITY although probably a remote one. However, I strongly urge everyone to be prepared to launch the mother of all class action lawsuits against the Fed, the Government and the banking financial systems should this come to pass. There is ample evidence of financial fraud, malfeasance and deriliction of fiduciary repsonsibility already. An event like this would make such a suit a slam-dunk. IMHO, this would be the very best way for us to take back what is ours.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
OK, lets say this "banking thing" does happen. What about the FDIC? I thought if you have money in the bank, it is safe and insured. I'm sure the banks would have to give you some kind of credit ie. if you have enough in savings to pay off your house, then they would have to allow you to do so.

FDIC? Bwahahaaaa!!!

They went under this past summer. Of course, they got a little more money from the treasury to float - and now they are asking banks to pay their premiums through 2012. LOL

I follow the web bot project, but I no longer argue it merits or shortcomings on ATS because there are people that will never believe and others that will. If anybody is new to the idea and are on the fence about it, please read up on it on your own. On ATS you will get 50% that claim it is accurate and 50% that claim it is bunk. You will have to decide for yourself.

In any event, I believe the guys that publish the web bot reports use Time Wave as a timeframe calibration tool. If they think things are lining up for an event in late Oct and they see a novelty shift in late Oct, they use that date.

So I would not say that both Timewave and Web Bot independently pick that date and therefore the date is significant. I would say that the Timewave picks that date and Web Bot latches onto it.

What is interesting is that Web Bot has been talking about Oct 25 for many months now and initially they were interpreting the date as having something to do with Iran and their nukes. One of the early interpretations of the data was that something would happen on this date that would be big and would tip off a chain of events that would lead to a bomb raid of Iran's nuclear facilities. Just today it is announced that "United Nations inspectors will visit Iran's recently disclosed nuclear power plant on October 25, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency announced Sunday from Tehran."

Now this week they say the Oct 25th is related to finance. Interesting, because it is a total hit if they just stick with the original Iran nuke prediction.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Personally, I don't really believe the "predictions" but do find thim interesting, and yes, I do keep my ear perked (so to speak) when the dates get closer. And with that in mind, like more then a few people here, I too have been having the feeling of something coming, just can't put a finger to it. All the suggestions here are right stock up, what can it hurt. If nothing happens donate the older stock to the food kitchens, ect. Just sit back an see what happens. On the plus side at least I'll have my check cashed before the 25th

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
25 october :

IAEA to inspect Iran's Qom site October 25

Maybe coincidence , wait and see. But be prepare to be strong.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have absolutely no connection to the web bot project my interest is purely from the standpoint of artificial intelligence research and development.

It seems like very few people understand just exactly what the web bot is, how powerful it is and what it's capable of. These coder behind the project could be naming his own price doing work for the most advanced labs, especially govt / DARPA special access programs. He's the silent partner in the background but from what little I know he left that world and refuses to use the web bot entity in that sphere. For one, he knows how it would be used and if he is as politically awake about the powers that be as his partner comes across this refusal is more than likely his personal act of resistance.

Now, that doesn't mean the capability isn't out there and being used. Just about anything no matter how advanced that can be invented by one genius can be invented by another and there are numerous "web bot" AI constructs of various capabilities and purposes out there. China has a cruder one but with far more horsepower (probably running on a military supercomputer array or as a cluster in a datacenter). The US intelligence network has something a bit more sophisticated but "aimed" differently and there's a really scary iteration which is probably owned by a corporate conglomerate of some sort. You can do far more interesting things than predict the future with this thing . . .

I don't even know how to describe to people what this program does in terms they will honestly understand. The stock answer given during interviews is the extremely high level view and seems to fly right by almost everyone. I think most people pick out the words "internet" and "bot" and automatically check off the Google column. The two things have very little in common, it's like comparing warp drive to cruise control.

The bot scans the web, similar to how Google spiders do but they look for completely different things. Google goes out, grabs the addresses for websites, which ones link to where and counts words. All that data goes into a database and then the really slick analytics take over which try to put that data into context which will match what a human types into the search tool. A great deal of it is just matching your search words to the websites which have those words in them the most but the ability to understand the context of those words is where AI starts to play. Search engines do this in a crude way via "proximity". They track how close together specific words are to try and match them with the way they are being used.

example: search for "ice-T"

a dumb word count search would bring up websites with "ice" in them - weather sites, ice makers, etc.

A smarter program looks for the websites which have "T" within one word space of the word "ice".

And bingo! - you get websites about the rapper.

That's a crude and manual way to accomplish something "intelligent".

The web bot does a number of things but the one public capability is that it goes out and creates a word count index like Google -but- it also creates a sentence index, paragraph index and numerous proximity indexes. The closet example would be a program that breaks a combination by trying every possible variation of the number sequence. Now imagine doing that with words and actually understanding what those words mean. Not "pretend" to understand like the cool trick web searches do.

Now, on the next sweep the same thing is repeated except this time the bot looks for shifts in the language. This is a slick way of finding "change" in the public sample pool we know as the Internet.

Another process looks for words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs which indicate building and releasing tension. This could be accomplished using a comparison pool of dictionary terms but if the web bot is as capable as some of the software we worked on a decade ago that's not even necessary. The Ai construct is capable of understanding what rising and falling tension mean, building it's own definitions and finding examples of it which are far more subtle than a dictionary program can match.

Really crude explanation of the predictive function:
The scientific principle behind this is that we humans have the ability to detect traumatic events a short time before they happen.

(The bot is searching for predictions of events which are not "traumatic" but this is where the theory began, and I mean began outside of web bot, prior to its existence. This theory goes back to studies which were looking for answers as to why known events took place which could not be explained and the results led to predictive abilities, not the other way around)

-A man about to board a flight turns around. He has a really bad feeling about the flight. Hours later, the flight crashes.

-A barman prepares to step through the back door of the night club to go to his car. He suddenly stops, he smells blood and his ears begin to ring. Seconds later shots ring out behind the club where two gangs are firing at each other. The barman's car is in between them and is riddled with bullets.

These are classic examples of precognition / premonitions. We can't deny they occur, most of us have had an experience with them. Why we occasional miss and get injured or killed is as big a mystery as how or why these events occur. Numerous scientific studies confirm this as real and it varies from 10 seconds or less with the average being 8-5. We know it works in longer terms though. The airline passenger had a premonition hours prior to the event but the point of getting on the plane was the event horizon in his case.

We have a million stories of longer term predictions. Dreams, intuition, etc. They almost always have a personal connection and almost always involve "key" events. -Death, danger, upheavel, disaster . .

Interesting side note:
Researchers in the past decade (close enough) discovered that certain types of AI constructs with certain abilities and connections to a sample pool of human thought also had this ability. The first iterations were in random number generation predictions, gambling / games, human behavior. . .

There were a few studies performed to look at this human precognition of trauma which all found that the process involved a rise of tension and a release. Artificial trauma events were preceded by longer and longer terms of body measurement - (to be continued)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
On the plus side at least I'll have my check cashed before the 25th

But Chance, if the WebBot scenario plays out, you're cash will have no more value than the check you cashed to get it. The currency will be worthless.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Originally posted by Chance321
On the plus side at least I'll have my check cashed before the 25th

But Chance, if the WebBot scenario plays out, you're cash will have no more value than the check you cashed to get it. The currency will be worthless.

What about buying Gold?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm surprised they would do inspections on the 25th because I didn't think they would work on a Sunday.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I've tried explaining this several times in the past eco... people don't get it. They believe that all WebBot does is 'screen-scrape' certain words on the internet to see what we're all talking about. For example, if we talk about Iran nukes here alot then WebBot will regurgitate that. Of course, it dones't work that way at all but people can't seem to understand that. Most just glom onto an explanation they can understand irrespective of how innaccurate it is. That's why so many write it off.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I'm surprised they would do inspections on the 25th because I didn't think they would work on a Sunday.

Well, 25:th is pay day. Perhaps there will be no monthly pay check... that will certainly have quite an impact.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50

The Muslim day of worship, I believe is Friday.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

This is true and I do see your point, but I'd have afew days to top off supplies, plus what's left over could be used for kindling

My take. Money won't instantly be worthless, I'd give it . . . a couple weeks give or take probably less for it to really sink in before people realise it's not worth anything, then when that happens the S will really HTF.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
pulse, respiration, brain activity, sleep patterns, etc. They found this steady rise of tension which led up to the predictive event which itself was a sudden peak of tension and then a sudden release turning into a gradual release.

If you can find this type of feedback loop in a human in one body of measurements, you can find it in others. Shifts in language. Changes in appearance, etc.

The only global sampling pool we have right now is the Internet. Granted it's not even half of the population but it is a predominate number of the "connected" population. That being those persons who would be tuned into the global "sensor" package of information exchange in place of the biological sensors. The data translates however. Physical and mental experience in real life is transported over to the virtual "body" via shifts in language, "tone", subject choices, etc.

The code behind the project is able to look for and grab examples of this. If you don't comprehend how truly amazing that is I really can't help you to. For our purposes that part of the package is very, very advanced.

The problem is that we have to translate that data back into a predictive event. We have to recognize the micro peaks of a rising tension precursor and trace it through to indications of future "release". In between all that the subject of this event has to be determined. This is where the technology is still in its infancy. Right now a human being has to do most of that, we just don't have certain capabilities in AI which would allow it to make that transition all the way back to human thought.

So what we get is a pool of data which is probably a lot more accurate than we even know. It could very well be 90%. Some error is introduced by the AI and quite a bit of it is generated in the human analysis workflow.

The AI makes mistakes in assigning subjects to the language shift (rising event) and the human makes mistakes in translating the data capture back into a human language - future event. Sometimes the time is wrong (but will still line up, correct date span but off by a year) and so on. That's why most of the events are given as date spans rather than individual dates. There has to be a great deal of specific indicators in the language for the analyst to point at an exact date.

Either the human part of the program will improve over time or the developer will bring the AI construct to a point of development where it can perform more or even all of the post-sweep analysis. Right now its like taking a program with 90% accuracy and introducing another program on top of it which reduces the accuracy to 25-30%. Not perfect by any means but a hell of a lot more than anything else we (the public) have access to.

I hope that helps but its important for people to know about the technology even if you don't care about the predictions. This technology has capabilities which can be used for good and for great evil. There are real World uses of this technology but with differences which allow the intelligence groups to track people who are anonymous and hiding their locations, to detect your writing even without a way to track it back to you and yes, ways to predict how people will react to certain events, inputs, messages, etc.

I don't like to see people "depending" on this thing. That's kind of like worshiping your farmers almanac. Its a tool, nothing more. No magic, no mysticism. It could be used to help we humans further develop certain abilities, or become a mechanism to assist us in it, like a computer which ties into the human mind to enable precognition, telepathy, etc. I don't think I'm alone in seeing all that coming nor am I alone in being very concerned about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In regards to Iran - that prediction is NOT off - in fact it is still on.

The end of Oct. brings many things - also think about history - whenever there has been a fall economically - what happens afterwards?

WAR - war in history has always been the govts solutions to distraction from economic problems and to dig their way out of them.

So, when the banking crisis comes to a head - then expect war!

I have been debating with the "ill winds" from the bot language if that could actually be volcanic in nature.

Volcanoes are waking up all over the place, 2 volcanoes just yesterday did surprise explosions - Alaska and Columbia.

Krakatoa - has been very active - look at the history there - when it exploded last time the Earth was affected for years.

The reality is we have economic/war/Earth Changes going on right now. Our reality is about to change from what it is right now to a coming together of people survival mode.

I also say - for those who have not believed and think this is all ridiculous - well - Good For You! The rest of us, who are not just looking at bot language but looking at the situation as a whole and stayiing on top of what is going on around the world, including reading between the lines of news stories, well we are much more prepared.

I am not here to convince anyone of anything anymore, it is almost too late for that. If you have not prepared in any form at this point, well, you are going to be SOOL - in a few weeks.

To those who have been preparing - or need to do a little more - look at this list, for those items you should get in the next few days -

www.thepowerhour.com...

above is the list of the first 100 items to disappear in an emergency.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Yeah yeah yeah....really cool theory and all but what you are saying is :"The scientific principle behind this is that we humans have the ability to detect traumatic events a short time before they happen."

With other words...the webbot program depends on the precognitive ability of people.......

Now before you state that i haven't done my homework and didn't look into this long and hard enough, please show me the conclusive study that shows all humans have this ability. All humans, without exception...

Because i always get the standard reply that a study showed people would react to a certain picture seconds before it was shown to them (seconds!!!) and from this they concluded all humans must have this ability, without flaws??

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I can only speak for myself here. My brother passed away a few years ago. The night of this event, a few hours before, I began balling and throwing fits. This is very abnormal for me, and I couldn't explain to my best friend or myself where this emotional outpouring was coming from.

No hard evidence here. Just an anecdotal story. Sorry..

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

unityemissions,

I'm sorry to hear about your brothers passing and i could understand that people so closly related would share a connection beyond this world which could explain your state of being on the night of this event.....

But to prove it, is something else all together. And to assume that everybody has this ability is even weirder.......

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

First, I'd recommend reading through the material on the Global Consciousness Project.

You might want to read some of the studies here.

Especially this one.

It would seem there is some universally precognitive mechanism at play although we clearly don't understand much about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I can only speak for myself here. My brother passed away a few years ago. The night of this event, a few hours before, I began balling and throwing fits. This is very abnormal for me, and I couldn't explain to my best friend or myself where this emotional outpouring was coming from.

No hard evidence here. Just an anecdotal story. Sorry..

So I'm totally confused at this point on where you stand on this. Your previous post was that of a total non-believer that this could occur.

Originally posted by unityemissions
How can anyone possibly still believe this junk? Didn't the webbots already predict a series of events that never, not even remotely similar, took place? I recall hearing about mass deaths, people wishing to be dead because this event was so horrific, etc...back sometime last year! It NEVER HAPPENED.

Why are fools still allowing their selves to duped?!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join