It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Stinking Homeless Should Go Get Jobs!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

For what it's worth, several of those pictures of of the "Nickelsvile" traveling tent city in Seattle and the last picture is a photoshop of the downtown Tucson, AZ skyline.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The people your talking about are called the chronically homeless. They don't really want jobs, they don't want a home, they want to live for free. (believe me I was homeless for a time, they are out there) and your right, they are scum and don't deserve anything.

Right, but some of the chronically homeless do need a hand, like the guy with no legs and hands that look like feet, or people suffering from severe dementia. Jeez, try and show some compassion dude.

But there are people out there that have been hit by this economic downturn hard. They lost their homes, they lost their jobs they lost everything that made them productive members of society.

I'm confident that those people will bounce back, maybe they will lose a lot, or never make as much as they used to, but thats life. I don't know what else to tell ya.

These people don't want to be living in a tent. They don't want to be out there, they want to work they want to have a home and they want to have the American dream back

which is why they will bounce back, because they want it. And for the record, I'm not so sure the american dream is all that healthy....dreaming that crap is what got us into this mess...

They aren't scum, they aren't bums, and they do want to make their lives better.

So are some aren't, been repeated ad nauseam in this thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Over 250,000 lost their jobs last month, Thats according to our government. The real number is probably much higher. I don't think they will be finding work anytime soon.

This is the plan. They are going to starve us and make us beg for the NWO, to come save us with their one world government plan.

and whats your plan?
I doubt this a NWO conspiracy.
this isn't the end of the world, not yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Right, caused in part by the banking system of the Federal Reserve. I am not suggesting that they don't park outside the banks. But if you do, you outta spring for a bus ticket and park it right outside the banks corporate headquarters. Or just go to your local State Government or closest Federal Reserve bank and park it there.

But if you are not getting on with your life due to the manipulation of our financial system I say take it to DC and set your tents up their, sooner or later this country is going to fall apart, so we might as well make ourselves a place to congregate until then to let them know we are not going to put up with it anymore.

Pretty pessimistic bro, but again i think people are burning up a lot of energy hating the "government" and "bankers". I mean what exactly are we not putting up with anymore, and how do we go about not putting up with it?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

For what it's worth, several of those pictures of of the "Nickelsvile" traveling tent city in Seattle and the last picture is a photoshop of the downtown Tucson, AZ skyline.

It's worth a lot, Burdman...I really suspected the last one of being 'put together'...but I appreciate the heads up on the others.
Dang internet and it's artists.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Its very easy to sit and judge at a keyboard from one side of a screen, isn't it?

don't ask me....most of the people in this thread are better experts at that than I am. How many of them have judged me, including yourself. I may have judged homeless people, but I deal with them first hand on a daily basis, and have cited real instances, in a real city, no computer screen needed.

Gonna let you in on a few of pieces of advice that I've learned the hard way about over the past 39 years of my existence.

OK, I'm listening, let's see what you've learned in 39 years.

Firstly, you should never, ever mock or denegrate the position of someone worse off than you are.

I'm not mocking their position I'm mocking their unwillingness to better it. Like I said I still give cash to the guy with no legs and hands that look like feet.

Secondly, you should never take your current position in the world for granted.

No doubt. Please tell me that one didn't take you until year #39.

Thirdly, everything changes over time.

Except the fact that everything changes over time...that never really changes...gotcha!

Now you can take that advice any way you want to take it. Its offered for free, and I have no intention of imparting any more advice to you.

But I suggest you think it over.

Cool, thanks, I do appreciate it, and it's not that it's BAD advice, I mean it's certainly not bad...I guess I just kinda expected more out of someone with "super" in front of their job title.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Quite staggering numbers, so it's kind of hard for me to understand how some of you are generalizing them as mostly lazy etc.

I'm not generalizing as much as you think. I've said it already that I can really only speak for my city.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Compassion for the poor is a special quality. It comes from living it, or having it happen to someone you know. Hard hearts come from greed, envy, selfishness, and having plenty.

While I agree that compassion is a special/desirable quality, I can't really assign this quality based on whether one is a "have" or a "have not". Sounds a little like stereotyping to me. Obviously there are many wealthy people who are enormously compassionate and generous.

Was it angelina Jolie who dropped a million dollars in Africa to put in water wells and pumps? She felt compassion for them because they didn't have clean water, or do you assign another motivation for this? Sandra Bullock gave one million dollars to the city of New Orleans after Katrina.

Bill and Melinda Gates actually set up a foundation to spend their money wisely for needly causes. Shrug it off as taxable deductions if you wish.
There would be other ways to get rid of it.

On this very thread we have witnessed what I sometimes refer to as a "pecking order". It's here. To paraphrase "I was homeless and I got back on my feet, so get off your butts and look for a job, you sorry scum".
That..........from someone who has been homeless.

My point is, you don't have to have had a broken arm to know how to fix one, or to see it needs to be fixed and give someone a ride to the ED.

Compassion comes in all social classes, and the lack of it....too.

[edit on 10/2/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Ahh, *tisk* *tisk* brother...guilty conscience??

In all seriousness though, I wasn't trying to single any one person out so no worries man. I have to say that your first post did come off as someone who perhaps lacks the ability to empathize with others, lol. Obviously that is untrue based on the other posts you have made though, and I give you props for putting your opinion out there when it clearly isn't going to be the most popular thing to say. And I do understand that Seattle is a special case, the homeless drug culture there is disgusting and like nothing i've ever personally experienced.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Isn’t it funny that those who are calling the homeless bums, stupid and lazy, are the ones that cannot seem to spell check, cannot seem to capitalise where appropriate, and use words like ‘dude,’ ‘em,’ ‘hangin’ and ‘yer.’ And you are calling those who have fallen on hard times ‘stupid’?

since when does one's vernacular make them stupid? and I could type with perfect grammar and spelling, but since this is just a web forum I don't feel like thats a top priority. As far as spelling by the way words sound, well I'm doing a service, you don't want english to end up like french do ya? BTW, it's capitaliZe not capitaliSe, dude.

It would seem that it is the young on these forums who are so brainwashed that the ‘elite’ would be proud. They are the ones wholeheartedly supporting a system of slavery and enchainment, a system of total control; and they want to be even more controlled. They are the ones condemning anyone who does not support, or is not actively chained alongside them as ‘losers.’ They condemn even those who have inadvertently fallen out of the system. They are the ones that see ‘winners’ as those that conform to this corrupt system. They are the ones that feel being ‘productive’ is the essence of worthiness in this world, while failing to see that this only prospers the rich. They are the ones that have nil empathy. They are the ones that would happily end someone’s life just because they reached 65 or over. They are the ones that would happily euthanise the crippled, the mentally retarded and those with serious illness, lest it ‘takes ‘their’ money’ from the corrupt system.
I don’t know if this is just a product of dumbing down the education system, but it is somewhat worrying. We seem to have produced a generation of compliant and idiotic slaves for the elite.

whats with the sudden attack on the youth? Thats kind of out of left field.
I've condemned people looking for a free ride and contribute nothing positive, should I take it back?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

If you don't know the whole story then I guess the above will do you no good. Best to think long and hard before you judge. Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have seen the tent cities where I live. And it has yet to reach a problem levels, but I can say that from what I have seen in the area it breaks down to the following: Some of the homeless are alcoholics, some are drug addicts, some have real medical and physical problems, some are run aways, or those who burnt out and walked away from every thing. And that was before the economic down turn. Now there are families that are living out on the streets, because the shelters are either not safe, or overcrowded. The first signs that I saw, was where the number of family pets put up for adoption went up, as it was something that people could not afford, and now there are children on the street. The Federal Government did what they could, they pumped money into the financial instutions to help those out, however, the banks are daming up with flow of money to those who need help. I know where I live, the job market is so tight, for every job, there is a good 20 to 50 people for one position and that is just to do things like wash dishes, or clean toliets. The job market is drying up and the government is oblivious to the needs of the general population. Elections are coming up, but things will not change, and unfortunately the only way out of this mess that the country is in, is that we will have to work to get out of such. And if things continue on, more businesses are going to close and more people are going to be losing their jobs.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

BTW, it's capitaliZe not capitaliSe, dude.

Here is a little education for you. It is capitaliZe in the bastardiSed version of English that Americans use. It is capitaliSe for real English speaking Brits. And please don't call me 'dude.'

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It would seem that in Seattle, for example, the 'norm' is to keep pushing the homeless away. Maybe if they don't see them, that will mean there's no problem. Rather than address the problem with tolerance and compassion, they bring the people up on charges or try to get them to leave and go someplace else.

In my very first post the very first thing I said was...."tent cities are one thing" I live in seattle, and yeah they have moved a lot of tent cities out of the city limits, and in some cases I've disagreed with it, or at least advocated a little more time to sort things out. We have a tent city on the UW campus! Is that compassion or ridiculousness?.

What we get from the behavior of the leadership of places like Seattle, is an attitude of intolerance that is trickled down from those 'in charge' to those that feel they have somehow earned more of a right to live than someone else.

and yet, the city doesn't really seemed concerned with the homeless that are a real problem.

What some would advocate, it seems, would be some sort of 'social cleansing' that would eliminate the problem. Maybe a flood will come and all the bums will be washed away and then we can all enjoy looking around and seeing this country the way it's SUPPOSED to be. Free. Not the BUMS sort of freedom, but the freedom for those of us that make enough money to eat, and have a place to stay. You know, us 'productive' citizens..us 'sane' citizens those of us that DESERVE to live.

I don't think a flood would do it, we get a lot of rain around here and it still doesn't deter them. Freedom like a shopping cart, just another jail. Whats wrong with being pro-productivity? If you want to be a bum then go live in the woods, why try and integrate yourself into a system that doesn't want you and doesn't benefit from you?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

If you don't know the whole story then I guess the above will do you no good. Best to think long and hard before you judge. Just my two cents.

Don't you think that by posting that you are in a way judging me?
have you thought long and hard about it?
I can judge the homeless people in my town, because, I've been living here for over 10 years, I see them everyday, I've given them lots of money, I've given them no money, I've fed them at a shelter, etc etc.... See, I've been at this for a long hard time.....any one who doesn't know better then to try and dis Liquidsmoke206 in an ATS thread, clearly hasn't been at this website long enough....

pwned

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Here is a little education for you. It is capitaliZe in the bastardiSed version of English that Americans use. It is capitaliSe for real English speaking Brits. And please don't call me 'dude.

Oh i see the hypocritical grammar nazi type...
gonna respond to anything else I had to say? didn't think so.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I see them everyday, I've given them lots of money, I've given them no money, I've fed them at a shelter, etc etc.... See, I've been at this for a long hard time.....any one who doesn't know better then to try and dis Liquidsmoke206 in an ATS thread, clearly hasn't been at this website long enough....

LOL....did I read that you were 19? You have not been at anything for a long hard time. So even when you talk about working, you probably have been working for what...a year? Try lecturing everyone when you have been working all the hours for 20 or 30 years. Let's see what you think then. You don't know you are born yet....you just think you do.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

LOL....did I read that you were 19? You have not been at anything for a long hard time. So even when you talk about working, you probably have been working for what...a year? Try lecturing everyone when you have been working all the hours for 20 or 30 years. Let's see what you think then. You don't know you are born yet....you just think you do.

aw dude, I never said i was 19, don't know why you think I did. Someone else earlier said that I said i was in a war...I'M NOT 19! I'VE NEVER FOUGHT IN A WAR. I like how i get repeatedly called judgmental in this thread, and yet other posters have gone as far as to come up with facts about me which aren't true. That's judging on some weird pathological level.

Like I said this site has lost its mind...

so yeah reread what i said and then respond.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hey Borther always put yourself on the other side of the fence before talking this would improve your judgement on certain things in life.

Obviously have hatred against the world but its not everyone that deserves to die. Remember that.

And dont ever ever treat people in a way you dont want to be treated in the future ... What goes around comes around ... It will stick to you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct sir. Before I go though, I wasn't trying to dis you or judge you. I was just trying to give a little food for thought. If I was wrong, than I apologize. In no way would I attempt to dis someone for providing some very good stuff to check out. Later liquidsmoke206.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join