It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Stinking Homeless Should Go Get Jobs!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just in case it's been a while for you. It HAS been for me.

What can we do for our brothers and sisters? NO, they don't all do drugs and they're not all mentally ill.

Turn these images into Black and Whites and they really resemble the tent cities from another era.

These are from different areas in the U.S.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e1382fdc840.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61c533db175a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c075bba6b43.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f1987baace4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3994c1a50d9d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ebb1587cc33.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b35b9a35cd93.jpg[/atsimg]

This one almost looks photoshopped, but anyway.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ca2c7fc3226.jpg[/atsimg]

I wish that Congress had to drive through these on their way to 'work.' (Thanks maus80 for the reminder)

Have a nice day.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

These homeless ought to be tenting right outside the Fed and banks.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nice shot of Contrails in that last photo!
(However, I suspect that last one was severely Photoshopped...too many elements in it look flawed).

Still, that doesn't detract from the real problem. Tent Cities are becoming more and more commonplace in America now that the Jobless have lost Unemployment Benefits and their Banks have Foreclosed on their Homes. These aren't deadbeat Hippies or PTSD Vietnam Vets that are living a Homeless Lifestyle because they choose to be, these are victims of an Economic Depression. None of these people chose to loose their Jobs because their Employer outsourced overseas or filed for Bankruptcy, or just downsized to remain solvent.

You can't use the typical insensitive rhetoric you can use on the panhandler that has sat on the same street corner for the past 30 years and tell them to "Get a job you worthless bum!" (And I know that you were joking about that part KSPigpen)

Seattle keeps banning the Tent Cities and the Tent Cities keep finding another place to squat. Pretending that there isn't really a problem that needs a solution, like the City of Seattle is doing, isn't going to make the problem go away. This isn't a proverbial Elephant in the Living Room that can be conveniently ignored.

Millions of jobs are gone in America. Millions of homes have been foreclosed in America. Until our Government gives incentives to Big Businesses to hire Americans to put them to work, and stops foreclosures, this is only going to get worse, long before it will ever go away.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
people in tent cities are one thing, but I live in a city with more homeless people than any city I have ever seen, anywhere in the world. Believe me these people are scumbags, they actually get upset if you don't give them ENOUGH money! And there's so many of them, they like being homeless, and they are definitely on drugs!

I don't give money to them, or if I do I make them humiliate themselves for a quarter.
This town needs to get get these losers out....*SNIP*

I know none of you scum will ever read this, but just get a job you hopeless scumbag losers....

MOD NOTE: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

[edit on 2-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Set those tents on capitol hill!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I don't think our politicians have magic wand that they can wave to make all those people have homes. So parking them in washington dc wouldn't really make a lot of sense, or any kind of statement at all.

This is a result of many many problems, and I think that politicians in washington dont have as much control over it as most people would think. I'm all for making statements, but...that doesn't really make a logical one in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

When reality sinks, you will realize that tent cities are inevitable because these are people who not only lost their homes, but their jobs as well and it happened because the bankers have hyperinflated the economy with debt, that their is not enough money to pay for.

+68 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

As someone that used to work in a homeless mission I feel I am uniquely qualified to say this...

Get a brain you unthinking, uncompassionate, horror!

Most of the homeless people (especially now) are either down on their luck, have mental problems and no one to take care of them, or are hooked on chemicals (yes, drugs). Were they fools for trying the drug in the first place? Yes! Did they deserve to have their lives ruined for one bad decision? NO!

If everyone simply did what we used to before welfare, everyone would be alright. Back then, everyone took care of each other. If your neighbor's house burned down, you invited him to stay with you.

As someone that was laid off as a result of the financial crisis, I would love to get a job. Why don't YOU tell me where to find one? There aren't enough jobs to go around and there are many employment scams out there.
You just about have to be sleeping with someone to get a job these days!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

If I could applaud you I would ... thanks for so eloquently expressing what hopefully most of us are thinking.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
people in tent cities are one thing, but I live in a city with more homeless people than any city I have ever seen, anywhere in the world. Believe me these people are scumbags, they actually get upset if you don't give them ENOUGH money! And there's so many of them, they like being homeless, and they are definitely on drugs!

I don't give money to them, or if I do I make them humiliate themselves for a quarter.
This town needs to get get these losers out....*snip*

I know none of you scum will ever read this, but just get a job you hopeless scumbag losers....

Wow, that has got to be the most ignorant post i've seen in a long time. If I were as heartless as you, I'd hope everything in your life went to shi+ and you were forced to live the life of the unfortuanate. But I'm not, so I'll just wish you the best and hope you never have to go through what some of these people are going through. You obviously have no idea how good you have it.

mod edit, to remove edited remarks from quote

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

And I hope that you end up homeless and without any hope very soon.

I hope someone just like you will come along and "humiliate" you for a change.

Remarkable that people like you still exist on Earth. But thankfully, karma is a biach, and you'll get yours.

Deep breath, back to the point...

Unfortunately, this was Bush's doing, you can't blame Obama for this. You can blame him when he fails to act though, which is the case.
The government can afford to give billions to banks and businesses in the pathetic "hope" that it'll trickle down, but they cant afford to do anything about this?
Sorry, just not buying it.

mod edit, to remove edited material from quote

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here in Albuquerque we don't have this kind of problem... Our Mayor can will and does bulldoze abandoned houses and set up a tent anywhere in city limits and your going to jail... In fact this weekend were hosting the Albuquerque international balloon fiesta and to clean things up their rounding up the homeless street people and forcing them into shelters

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

Ah, give him a break. He is from Seattle. Most of the homeless population in Seattle are drug addicts.

But Liquidsmoke, just so you know not every city is like that.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Humiliating a human being for a quarter?

Your so much better then these homeless people, because your lucky enough to still have a job and a home?

For your sake I hope you never in the same position as one of these homeless people, karma's a #.

Edit: I take that back. I hope you become homeless and get to experience first hand the struggle these people go through everyday. Hopefully they will remember you humiliating them and give you a warm welcome. Maybe that is what it will take to open your closed mind and learn compassion.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

mod edit, to remove edited remarks from quote

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I only gave money to a homeless guy one time and that was because it was snowing outside and he didn't have any shoes.

I drove him to Wal Mart, bought him 10 cans of soup and a pair of boots. He also filled out an application and currently works at Wal Mart.

Other then that one time drive by them without so much as thinking about giving them a penny. They can get a job if they want to, the problem is that they make more money an hour begging then they would working at McDonalds.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks. Now the words of Woody Guthrie ring in my head.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret1

And that is exactly what I feel too, they should gather and march to Washington and invade the pristine lawns of the capitol building, the mall and the white house.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

jd, you sound like me.

I'll never give a man money, but I'll never turn away a hungry man, and will take him to the nearest place and buy him his fill.

Never ran into one without shoes.

Good for you. You made it better without making it worse.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I only gave money to a homeless guy one time and that was because it was snowing outside and he didn't have any shoes.

I drove him to Wal Mart, bought him 10 cans of soup and a pair of boots. He also filled out an application and currently works at Wal Mart.

Other then that one time drive by them without so much as thinking about giving them a penny. They can get a job if they want to, the problem is that they make more money an hour begging then they would working at McDonalds.

The problem is how do you prepare for an interview or be presentable for work if you can't even shower? The only job I could think of would be some outdoor manual labor where your stench doesn't matter. I can't imagine how hard that might be.

I won't hand out money to homeless people but growing up in Boston I would go into a store and buy them a sandwich or give them my leftovers, stuff like that, this way I knew my money wasn't going to beer or drugs.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Then we wonder why the fema camps are for, perhaps when the homeless and destitute become too much of a burden, that is what the camps are for.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join