It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Town Occupied By Private Paramilitary Security Force

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

A private security force whose biggest role is helping the U.S. government to “combat terrorism” is now patrolling the streets of a town in Montana, acting as law enforcement but accountable to nobody and operating completely outside the limitations of the U.S. constitution in a chilling throwback to the brownshirts of Nazi Germany.

Montana occupied by private paramilitary

Found this article, can anyone confirm this or heard anything on this story?

Edit: They are driving Mercedes Benz, GLK 500 i think..... German cars? Those cars do not come cheap ... wonder who is funding all this,.,

[edit on 29-9-2009 by InterconnecteD]

the video is a little dramatic but has the news clip

[edit on 29-9-2009 by InterconnecteD]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Star and flag for finding the article.

Waiting for more news.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The link has a video .... which i missed the first time around ...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I may have found the reason. It looks like the little town of Hardin wants to be the "new Gitmo".

Hardin, Montana bids to be new Guantánamo Bay

So the city of 3,400 people has launched an unusual civic effort to bring jobs and prosperity back to its dusty streets: to become the Gitmo of the north.

Barack Obama's plan to close Guantánamo Bay has sent politicians scrambling to promise that none of the prisoners will be rehoused on their patch. But not Hardin.

Instead, the local council has launched an audacious bid to relocate Guantánamo detainees to the town, offering up a state-of-the-art prison facility that is currently sitting empty. Members voted unanimously to back the proposal and have been actively courting the media topromote the plans.

Hardin's economic development director, Greg Smith, has even toured the empty prison with a camera crew from al-Jazeera. He is convinced the move would be good for Hardin and for the world.

My guess is they are there because of this effort..or maybe the one below.

Hardin jail operators detail plans for training facility, expansion

HARDIN - Officials from American Police Force, a California security company working to lock down a contract with Two Rivers Authority to fill and operate Hardin's new but empty jail, provided more details Saturday of how the finished facility will look and operate.

At a Saturday morning press conference, Becky Shay, APF's new public-relations director, said the company hopes to build a 30,000-square-foot military-style training facility northeast of the jail and a 75,000-square-foot dormitory for the trainees to the southeast, all on a 50-acre plot of land.

She said the buildings would be paid for by APF's "business activities," including security and training, weapons and equipment sales, surveillance and investigations, and are projected to cost $17 million to build and $6 million to equip. There is also room to expand the jail, if needed.

The land is owned by TRA and the city of Hardin and will be leased to APF with a stipulation that the company develop the land.

As for the police cars.. I'm not sure I buy this 100% but here is what they say..

But the company's flashy arrival this week stirred new questions. APF officials rolled into Hardin with three Mercedes SUVs marked with a logo that said "City of Hardin Police Department." Yet the city has not had a police force of its own for 30 years.

"Pretty looking police car, ain't it?" Hardin resident Leroy Frickle, 67, said as he eyed one of the vehicles parked in front of a bed-and-breakfast where Hilton and other company representatives were staying. "The things you hear about this American Police, I don't know what to think."

Hilton said the vehicles would be handed over to the city if it forms a police force of its own. City law enforcement is now under the jurisdiction of the Big Horn County Sheriff's Office. The city and county are in discussions to deconsolidate.

After meeting briefly with Hilton on Friday, Mayor Ron Adams said he wanted the police logos removed. The decals were gone from the vehicles by Friday.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Frogs]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
thank you ... i wonder how the people of Hardin and the rest of the Country will feel about a "Gitmo" within our borders....

APF were originally contracted to provide security at a previously empty jail in Hardin, a small town in Montana, but are now patrolling the streets driving SUV’s with “Police Department” printed on them despite the fact that Hardin doesn’t have a police department. American Police Force has no jurisdiction in the area because it is a private organization, not a police force.

Having a private security force whose stated mission is to help the U.S. government “combat terrorism” patrol the streets of small towns in America without even having the authority to do so from local authorities is obviously a frightening pretext and harks back to the private paramilitary forces that helped Adolf Hitler rise to power in Nazi Germany.

Many fear that if martial law is declared in response to a flu pandemic or other emergency, private security forces such as APF will be used by the government to oppress citizens by operating outside of the law.

the thing that catches me off guard is that they are patrolling the streets where they do not have any jurisdiction.. they are getting to know the town and the environment maybe ... i do not know some thing just does not seem right... that may just be the skeptic in me though...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, the APF certainly is a government contractor used as private security:
suzieqq.wordpress.com...
www.kulr8.com...
They have also been known by the names of:
Allied Defense Systems, Inc. and Defense Consulting Group, Inc

From cryptogon.com(cryptogon.com...)
allieddefensesystems.com/aboutus.htm:

"Founded in 1990, ADS and its veteran team have serviced a variety of contracts under extreme conditions in the Middle East. Our projects have ranged from base camp construction operations to supplying world-class military vehicles. In the midst of international tensions, ADS will perform.

defenseproductsolutions.com/aboutus.htm:

Founded in 2004, DPS and its veteran team have serviced a variety of contracts under extreme conditions in the Middle East. Our projects have ranged from base camp construction operations to supplying world-class military vehicles. In the midst of international tensions, DPS will perform. "

Then I tried to go to their website, but it turns out it isn't even up and running yet...
www.americanpolicegroup.com...
What I'd like to know is, how can these guys legally call themselves a police force? I was under the impression that a private group could not due so....

fixed ex tags - k/j

[edit on 29/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
APF arrives with cop car prototype for Hardin -Billings Gazette

Found this article. Sounds like it wasn't a big suprise after all.

HARDIN - Launching a new police department in Hardin will cost about $1 million, money the city doesn't have.

"If Hardin were going to start a whole police force right now, taxes would be so high nobody would be able to afford to live in Hardin," said Mayor Ron Adams.

Enter American Private Police Force Group.

On Sept. 10, officials from Hardin's economic development arm, Two Rivers Authority, announced that they had signed a 10-year contract with APF to run TRA's idle jail.

Neither Hilton nor TRA officials have released details about APF, except to say it is a legitimate corporation. Hardin and TRA have not been asked to put money toward the APF contract.

As part of the offer, APF owner Michael Hilton said he'd help launch the police force by helping with hiring and providing the first vehicles.

Hilton and APF employees arrived Wednesday evening in Hardin driving three black Mercedes SUVs with removable decals that read "City of Hardin Police Department."

So....yeah.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wasn't it Montana that was giving the feds grief over firearms policy?

yup....wonder if that has a connection here too....
ATF to Montana: 'You will respect our authoritah!'

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I know I already quoted this in my previous post, but after reading the comments about the vehicles, I thought I'd point it out again:
cryptogon.com...

"Founded in 2004, DPS and its veteran team have serviced a variety of contracts under extreme conditions in the Middle East. Our projects have ranged from base camp construction operations to supplying world-class military vehicles. In the midst of international tensions, DPS will perform. "

(Original text not bolded)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Isn't 't this a dangerous precedent as more cities around the nation that are strapped for money will be turning into private security forces to "take care of the cities role as police".

To tell you the truth this is looking very dangerous to me.

Having private goons for hired by the city having their own cities to do as they want like littler private run towns, then building fortresses (I mean their own facilities) where they can work and run things like feudal kings.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Maaaaaan, I'm not believing this mess!

WTF is going on and WHY aren't the people kicking these yahoo's to the curb?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by bismarcksea]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Even though this is a private company (explains the Mercedes) It is still paid for by the government no? So the government is subsidizing a luxury security firm?

It pays to be a government thug nowadays. I wonder how long until they roll out the Ferrari and Viper 'chase' vehicles...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This interesting and from the OP article,

APF were originally contracted to provide security at a previously empty jail in Hardin, a small town in Montana, but are now patrolling the streets driving SUV’s with “Police Department” printed on them despite the fact that Hardin doesn’t have a police department. American Police Force has no jurisdiction in the area because it is a private organization, not a police force

So they found a littler town to call their own.

According to Two Rivers Authority officials, having the private security force patrol the streets was not part of the contract. “I have no idea. I really don’t because that’s not been a part of any of the discussions we’ve had with any of them,” Two Rivers Authority’s Al Peterson told KULR 8 News. Peterson said that patrolling the streets was on the “wishlist” of APF’s what Captain Michael

And they are doing the city patrolling all on their own.

“Government contract databases show no record of the company. Security industry representatives and federal officials said they had never heard of it. On its Web site, the company lists as its headquarters a building in Washington near the White House that holds “virtual offices.” A spokeswoman for the building said American Police Force never completed its application to use the address,” reports AP.

No even the Fed recogninzes their legit rights to work as a security firm.

Wait when the clashes between citizens and the security firm starts we are going to hear more of this alright.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The Schutzstaffel (help·info) (German for "Protective Echelon"), abbreviated SS- or (Runic)- was a major Nazi organization under Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party. The SS grew from a small paramilitary unit to a powerful force that served as the Führer's "Praetorian Guard," the Nazi Party's "Shield Squadron" and a force that, fielding almost a million men (both on the front lines and as political police), managed to exert as much political influence as the Wehrmacht. Built upon the Nazi ideology, the SS, under Heinrich Himmler's command, was responsible for many of the crimes against humanity perpetrated by the Nazis during World War II, and most of the worst of those crimes.

Just a reminder using history as a guide.

From WIKI

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Connections connections... from the Cryptogon link a name popped up: Edward Angelino... and linked to that name is: Defense Consulting Group, INC.. you can see another connection (to the military) at this link: worldaerodata.com... I am only pointing out that it is interesting.. the connections.. well it looks like a spook operation.. on second thought... never mind I'm sure its all on the up and up.. just disregard this post.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Interesting video, incredible, so the prison center is just the front for the new facility they are trying to get their hands on.

It has to be a lot of money involved and some politics also involved to get their hands in a littler town in Montana.

Interesting that the government said that they are not known and neither have any offices in Washington at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

we could make our own private police force and take over a town as well
heck lets do it

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by marg6043

we could make our own private police force and take over a town as well
heck lets do it

This just jumped in my head when I thought of ATS having their own police force.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This should be of concern to everyone, EVERYONE.

Presenting yourself as a police officer is a crime, why isn't the county sheriff grabbing these guys and taking them off the Streets..?
If not to straight out arrest them, at least to shut them down.

They are presenting themselves as a Police department, with seals of the city on their vehicles, this is dangerous.

What if they see a crime..? or THINK they've seen a crime.

Man, this is uncomfortable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join