It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has to be the most powerful nation in the world!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
America has to lead the world and America has to be the most powerful nation in the world.

What Obama said at the United Nations was very troubling. He wants us to be apart of some world order where all nations are equal. This is impossible as long as you have nations that have leaders that want to control the souls of men.

This is why America must lead the world because America stands for something bigger than Barack Obama and bigger than some world order. America stands for freedom and liberty of the human concious. This ideal can't be apart of a world order as long as there's leaders that want to control the souls of men.

I was watching boxing the other day and they had fighters on that defected from Cuba. This is because in America their conscious is free. They don't have to fight for the state or fight for Castro.

This is what Obama doesn't understand. This is why he said in 2001 that the Constitution was fundamentally flawed because it restrains government and it doesn't talk about redistribution of wealth. This is not a flaw, the Constitution was designed to restrain Government because the Founders didn't want any Government or man controlling peoples lives. They were anti government but they knew it was a necessary evil. This is why they limited government. Obama called these limitations "negative liberties."

This is not saying America is perfect or that the American people are any better than the people in Iran or North Korea. It's saying that America stands for something greater than a world order filled with dictators. It stands for freedom and liberty of conscious and it seems many people want to destroy what America stands for because they think we are too powerful. We are a powerful nation because the Founders built a government based on freedom and liberty of conscious and many people want to destroy this in the name of conformity with those who wish to control the souls of men. If you do that the world will descend into chaos. There has to be something strong and powerful opposing those that wish to enslave the human soul, not appeasing them.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Matrix Rising]

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Why should ONLY America be the best in the world ? or be the most important? or be the only country to have nuclear weapons? or have the biggest army?

Tell you what why don't you just call it Planet America instead of Planet EARTH then?

When will America realise there ARE other countries on this Planet as well? and to be a productive member of the world community actually admit that sometime they got it wrong, yes by all means take out the rogue states leaders not the civilians , take out the trouble makers that threaten civilians , that may breed terrorism but sooner or later America will have the world against them.

Pride Goeth Before The Fall.

America DOESN'T have to lead the World, or be the MOST POWERFUL but it CAN be part of the world instead.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is an imperialist mindset that has gotten the world nowhere.

The fact is, no nation should hold any ideas of superiority over others, to do so is counter-productive and destructive.

For what it's worth, I think Obama was telling it like it is, without admitting that America is inevitably no longer going to be the global leader.
He's simply made it sound like a deliberate policy, when economists have been saying for years that America's leadership in the world is collapsing like a flan in a cupboard.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
All that freedom and liberty of the human conscience nonsense they tell you is just to provide a false facade to hide the true nature of greed, corruption and the crusader capitalist nature of the true beast. If all that were true , you'd have the multitudes loving America. But they don't . It is despised, and only Americans themselves are fooled by the outlandish appraisal they have of themselves that differs so vastly from the reality.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
LOL

No We Don't

And even if that assumption was true, the way to be the moist powerful nation in the world given the kind of power we have with no border enemies and continent all but under our control

The way to be the most powerful Nation in the world would be to step back and let the old world beat each other to bits, not waste all our money and resources being involved with them and their problems which always costs us and comes back to haunt us.

We could sit here getting richer and richer by the day

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Nope, conformity is not an option as long as there's those out their leading nations that wish to control the souls of men.

If America fails then the world will descend into chaos. These men will not conform. These men will not stop. This is what people don't understand. America is the only opposition to this.

The United Nations will not and can not do anything to stop these men and without America their intentions will grow and spread.

Like I said, it's about the ideal of freedom and liberty of conscious and America is bigger than any world order. It has to be as long as that world order includes those that wish to enslave and control the souls of men.

These men have the mind set of the Crusades or the Inquisition. There has to be a strong opposing force to these men or they will enslave humanity.

Look at Iran. They will not stop as we talk. Russia is playing along because they wanted America to scrap missle defense, but Russia knows China will not go against Iran and you will just end up with a bunch of hot air.

This was just in the news:

For China, Iran uranium plant no game changer

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's distaste for sanctions and appetite for Iran's oil may hamper Western efforts to ramp up pressure on Tehran after disclosure of the country's second uranium enrichment plant.

The United States and Western European powers want greater force behind demands that Iran come clean on its nuclear plans, following last week's revelation of the new nuclear facility.

China may be persuaded to back some sanctions, especially if Russia joins U.S. and European calls for action, experts say.

But Beijing is likely to flex its power as a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council to dilute any proposed resolution that could threaten its ties with Tehran.

www.reuters.com...

Of course Russia knew this all along. They just played along with because they know we have a weak President in office. So Chhina will take the hard line in favor of Iran and Russia has played nice to get us to drop missle defense.

America is not equal to other nations. Other nations have to conform to liberty and freedom of conscious. We shouldn't conform to some world order that includes those that wish to enslave the souls of men.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

have the biggest army

We don't ....

Our army is not that much bigger then those of the other major powers; the balance is made up by the exorbitant size of our navy and air force. Most nations have very small navies and air forces.

At any rate, their are several countries with a bigger army; the Chinese "People's Liberation Army", the Indian Army, (North) Korean "People's Army", etc are all bigger then the US Army.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
How PATRIOTIC!

No offense but you believe America is or should be seen as the most powerful nation in all the world.?

I watch a lot of shows that are made in America and it is actually hilarious

how patriotic the characters in those shows are, Always pledging their

alliance to the National Flag, I've never seen anything like it on any other

countries series?? Have you??

Just look at most blockbusters with the patriotic hero is almost always

defending his country "America" even when the film had nothing to do with

it... Transformers being ONE example.

No wonder most americans believe they are superior.

Most Americans don't even know where Europe is and (I experienced this

1st hand) they think Lions, Gorillas and elephants run wild in South Africa,

its ridiculous.

I do not believe America is or should be the leader or the most powerfull

country in the world. To lead the world you should know the world!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

It's NEVER a country that opposes something , It's the PEOPLE.

IF there are enough people in the world of a similar mindset that oppose something, then something CAN be done. If you DON'T have enough people from any country then nothing can be done. As soon as the people of the world wake up and realise THEY ARE NOT ALONE then they can change the world for the better.
But if people are going to be lazy then they should not complain when the shackles are attached to their wrists.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Well said.
who would want to be part of a regime taking away freedom from its own people and replaced with dictatorship .
censorship
marshal law
etc..............

wanting to control the world with power is not the way to go.
helping fellow neighbors for their own benefit socially,spiritually and financially is the key.
the greed for resources and monetary gain seem to be the norm lately.
The loss of service men and women and innocent civilians in war to attain peace is a cop out.

helping a friend from a violent neighbor is kind Gesture in mate ship.

taking money off them or bartering for resources in return is greed.

and to retain your freedom liberty and social equality that your founders worked so hard for, starts at home.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

We may not have the numbers of troops, but we do have the most advanced military in the world, and the leaps ahead in technology we have made in our military weaponry makes us far superior to any other army, regardless of their troop numbers.

People from other countries do not get that. Sure Russia and China may have more troops, but their equipment is outdated. The level of training, along with the technological advantage of weaponry, and equipment we have nullifies any troop level advantage they may have.

Sorry world, I do not mean any dissent, but we are, and will be for quite some time, the most powerful country in the world.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by KnoxMSP]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnoxMSP

We may not have the numbers of troops, but we do have the most advanced military in the world, and the leaps ahead in technology we have made in our military weaponry makes us far superior to any other army, regardless of their troop numbers.

People from other countries do not get that. Sure Russia and China may have more troops, but their equipment is outdated. The level of training, along with the technological advantage of weaponry, and equipment we have nullifies any troop level advantage they may have.

Sorry world, I do not mean any dissent, but we are, and will be for quite some time, the most powerful country in the world.

Yes and what a mighty country the USA would / will / could be if a technologically advanced army fires on its own citizens, how very compassionate and powerful. And now the only people the Americans need to wake up are the people that man its army.
But if all the people do is complain online and NOT take any action , but expect someone else to di it for them then they are a lazy people, and deserve the drubbing they will get from their powerful army.
Myself being in the UK KNOW I am at odds with my Government , I do not believe a single thing they say, actions speak louder than words , and until they do something I deem to be productive to the people then I will ALWAYS be at odds with them. Most Americans IMO just watch daytime TV and believe everything they are told.

Believe that America can keep being powerful even though the fact of the matter is and you've seen it yourself on your TV, that its weak and getting weaker by the day and you are culpable to its downfall if you do nothing execpt keep bleating 'America MUST be the most powerful" .

And its no wonder they have the most advanced tech in their army, if they keep stabbing the people in the back with taxes and cuts.

[edit on 29/9/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
It's saying that America stands for something greater than a world order filled with dictators. It stands for freedom and liberty of conscious

Duh, I prefer ten times the freedom I have in my country than the freedom you think you have in yours. The U.S. is a fascist state. You have no freedom. Your vote vote doesn't count, your voice is not heard, you have lost control over your elites.

and it seems many people want to destroy what America stands for because they think we are too powerful.

No, they want to destroy you because of the arrogant and imperialist foreign policy your country is following.

They also feel the U.S. do not respect other cultures and wants to impose its own to the world. Everyone love hollywood movies and eating burgers, but everyone hates when Americans seems to know nothing about your culture.

It's a one way exchange. The U.S. lead, but they don't learn. Americans IGNORE the rest of the world. And that is EXTREMELY frustrating for it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the U.S. (another sign of the arogance in my opinion is that you always called your country America, like there is no other culture or country on the whole American continents ; North, Central and South. I prefer to say the U.S.A.), I love the people there and I love the country. But I cannot blame some extremists when they spread hate about America because I understand them. I would do the same. The U.S. are harvesting what has been seeded for decades.

And don't think than Belgians or Europeans are perfects too. We have to cope everyday with what we did during the colonization of the world. Belgium and Congo for exemple always had a love/hate relationship. We just try to make things better, with their consent and by respecing them (but it is not easy I agree).

[edit on 29-9-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnoxMSP

Well were was your quote

On 911. 2,998 as of Spring 2009 people died from an attack on America. were was this advanced military with their technology,
to save so many Innocent lives that you talk of.

makes us far superior to any other army, regardless of their troop numbers.

well I will tell you all it took was 19 F@#$n towel heads.

Far superior I think not tell that to their families and loved ones....

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Everyone hates a bully.

Maybe if America stopped trying to tell the world that it is the ruler, people might get to like it.

Anyway, I believe that China is more powerful, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker
Well said.
who would want to be part of a regime taking away freedom from its own people and replaced with dictatorship .
censorship
marshal law
etc..............

Edit : Sorry I just understood that you were actually talking about the U.S. I first believed you were talking about some other dictatorial country.

I agree with you
Americans have to fight to keep their rights and their freedom.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

No, it is right that the chickens have come to roost and these weapons and tactics designed to be used on Iraqi's are turned inward upon their own nation . They have to do it , they haven't stopped trying to bully people around in decade upon decade upon decade . So, if they must do it , who better than their own people. While they are investing the time and resources doing that , some innocent abroad may have a moments peace , for a little while anyway. Anyway , do I see them complain about sonic cannons and microwaves being used on Iraqi's ?, no . Only when it affects them is there whining and complaints. OOohh ! , these aren't meant for us !! , these are supposed to be used in Iraq! , like the Iraqi's are some form of animal . Far as I care, they can blast those sonic devices off all day on American soil.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So why has the most advanced military in the world never been able to win a war all by itself ?

America has LOST every single war it has ever started for over a hundred years.

America wins only when it has allies to hold it's hand.
Most often that is the United Nations.

Iraq is a perfect example.

The mighty American military machine with 160,000 front line battle troops and all the latest technology,and hardware have fought a few civillain insurgents now for SIX YEARS and cannot gain control of a crappy little sand pit country like Iraq..

Why ?

Becaise America has no allies in Iraq.

Iraq still has twenty eight nations pouring aid into Iraq, that directly helps the Iraqi people put Americans into body bags.

Yes, countries like Canada and Australia are helping the insurgents bury Amreicans. That is a fact,

If you don't believe me, look it up.
Canada ands Australia have military in Iraq, but are not fighting insurgents.
Canada and Australia are not fighting anyone in Iraq.
Canada and Australia ARE NEVER FIRED UPON by insurgents and have zero combat casualties in Iraq..

You will never read this in the US press, but an internet search will quickly tell you NO OTHER NATION supports America in Iraq with combat missions against insurgents. America has ZERO allies..

But twenty eight nations still have considerable military in Iraq, supplying aid to the Iraqi people, which means supporting the Iraquis against America.
Many nearby Muslim countries are supplying weapoins and explosives.

Americans are fighting against the combined resources of the whole world in Iraq, which is why the US can never win there.

Do you really believe that the most powerful nation on earth with 160,000 military cannot take control of a crappy little place like Iraq after SIX YEARS of continuous combat against a few civilian insurgents?

Now you know why.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

As for martial law (and not marshall law), well, I think you have never been so close to it. You paved the way for it during 9/11, now with this flu thing, you might very well experience it.

Hey I am not close to it or paved any way for it .

I am 7643 miles or 12298 kilometres away in a different country

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Sorry, I'm getting this all wrong

Since English is not my mother tongue, I sometimes completely miss the meaning of a post.

That's why I just removed my stupid comment

Sorry again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join