It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has to be the most powerful nation in the world!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh I hear you. Many people will apply their present day feelings and opinions to history and will try to deny what the US has accomplished in it's history simply becuase it's not popular or fashionable.

Top 15 International Patent Filings by Country (2005)

1. United States (46,115 international patent filings)
2. Japan (24,829)
3. Germany (16,002)
4. France (5,736)
5. United Kingdom (5,103)
6. South Korea (4,686)
7. Netherlands (4,530)
8. Switzerland (3,264)
9. Sweden (2,858)
10. China (2,501)
11. Italy (2,351)
12. Canada (2,322)
13. Australia (1,999)
14. Finland (1,890)
15. Israel (1,456)

Read more: internationaltrade.suite101.com...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, it does depend on who you speak to as whether the EU is classed as a single economy or one with various little bits. Most agree it can be viewed in the same space as the USA and China, due to the massive interconnect nature, especially the countries within the Eurozone who use the same currency.

Oh, in the 50's, 60's and 70's I could list dozens of UK innovations that were half-inched and rebranded as American. Then there are other innovations I could go through from other nations too. Lets not pretend America was the fountain of knowledge, shall we?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What part of my post do you have an issue with? Did I say all innovations?
No. I said many. Do you deny that some in the US have come up with an original idea? Have I denied what you are stating? No.

Are you just out to split hairs?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Before I respond to your post, I have to ask, what is your definition of, powerful?

Perhaps the question should be: What is your definition of "nation"?

if "nation" suggests to you some sense of independent self-determination, then how do you account for the fact that a global elite pulls America's strings? They decide who wields the power and who does not. So, I guess if you regard the U.S. as the most powerful nation, it's because the Global Elite/Illuminati/UN has deemed it to be as such...for now.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Yes it was innovations from all over the world including the hated times during the Nazi Germany their technology after their downfall was the reason of the US and EU boost after that.

Now US was the leader for a long time, that is what made the US so wealthy.

While EU was fighting wars and been invaded the US didn't have that problem until Pearl Harbor.

US became the leader because the needs of EU to reconstruct after the wars.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

America has to be the most powerful nation in the world!

Yea, and as an American, that scares me senseless.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Powerful is being able to impose your will upon others by force.
Usually either by physical force, or control of wealth..

America is no longer taken seriously as a military power.
In recent times it has been booted out of Afghanistan totally defeated It has been booted out of Georgia totally defeated, and is losing a war of attrition in Iraq.

Condoleza rice went all around the world many tomes (seven times in Australia alone) trying to get political support for a pre emptive bombing strike on Iran. Nobody supported America in that. Amereica has now lost all influence and credibility in world affairs.

As to being wealthy, America is now mired in debt and has to borrow to just keep the nation functioning day to day.

The US government is now so powerless it fears a revolution, and is planning for martial law.

Most powerful nation on the planet ?
I don't think so, America is self destructing from within.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have only read the first page of this thread.

But is this a trolling thread?
Or is the OP just collecting points?

Anyway, May God bless America and all who sail in her

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild

Anyway, May God bless America and all who sail in her

America has abandoned God,
And America is now very likely to sink with all hands.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

OMG - all you wrote in the beginning is unbelievable! You basically say America should be the leader of the world to avoid someone else being the leader of the world.... You dont want dictators to take over but you want one country to be above all others...tztztz....

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

EVEn if you were, you have nothing to implement it. Most of your soldiers are hicks. Good looking, yes. But not very bright. No wonder you can't win wars.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You know what they say OP... power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Then again a good deal of Americas movers and shakers already are corrupt or follow some really dodgy morals.

The world doesnt need a world police, certain Americans love to whine when their sovereignty is threatened and vomit praise verbatim about their hallowed constitution, but then go on to express the merits of them being the big dog in the paddle pool.

America the teenage country... the good thing is its finally starting to grow up, if in fits and starts
since pretty much most normal Americans are decent people, if sometimes a little naive. Heres hoping your government doesnt stuff it up in the interim.

Edit:- oh that reminds me... those nukes you own, if it wasnt for a guy who was born in my little country 130 years ago or so, you wouldnt have any of em to begin with

[edit on 29-9-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
You know what they say OP... power corrupts and absolute power corrupts
Edit:- oh that reminds me... those nukes you own, if it wasnt for a guy who was born in my little country 130 years ago or so, you wouldnt have any of em to begin with

You know that if it wasn't for practically everybody coming from another country the US wouldn't be here? Well except for some of us who are of partial native American descent.

I agree power does corrupt.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am with light, in that I am wondering what the point on this thread is? I am wondering if the OP is really that short-sighted, or if they deliberately made a thread that would get the America-bashers out in force?

Some of the points I can't argue, others sound like little more than MSM and opinion-based drivel. I would like one of the many people posting hate on this thread to point out one instance where America has wronged them? Not something they saw on the news, not something that happened in another country, something that happened to them, personally. If they can't then what's the real issue? Jealousy? Envy?

Sometimes America can be like that annoying relative that shows up to reunions that everyone tolerates, and is glad after he leaves, but still. The level if vitriol spewing forth in this thread is ridiculous. Some people on this site act as if some legal representative of the American gov came to their front door and kicked them in the rocks. Unless your from Korea, Viet Nam, or Iraq, then you really have no basis for such a personal vendetta. No country is without warts. I find it very telling that people are quick to complain about America, and then turn the other cheek when it comes to the very same arrogance and attitudes when they are displayed by peoples in their own country.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
America needs to reevaluate its priorities.

We're one nation, about 4.5% of the global population, and US taxpayers are paying for about 41% of the entire planet's defense spending.

WW2 is long over, the Cold War is over.

We need to return our military to it's proper role: the defense of the United States.

Not running around the globe poking hornets' nests with sticks...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

What is this, a game of Trivial Pursuit?

This isn't about winning or losing.Nobody "wins" when it comes to war. It is a good thing we didn't win or there would the American territory of Korea, Vietnam, etc.

There is a difference between trying to take control and trying to get a new government to take control.

As for military might, Iraq could be wiped off the face of the Earth in about 20 minutes.

But that is not what anyone is trying to accomplish.

Troops are leaving Iraq. As the Iraqi government grows stronger and more secure, more troops can leave.

Only time will tell if Iraq is a success or not. In 20 years if it is a stable country with whatever gov. that isn't a dictatorship. Then that will be a success.

As for the thread starter:

What Obama is saying is true. It is not fair to us or anybody else for the US to hold all the power. It is dangerous to have one country dictating the economic control of the planet.

The US can't continue on the economic path it has been, where only the US is the driving force.

I say it is a good thing we can actually sit back for a change and allow others to share some of the burden.

It doesn't lesson our abilities or our position. It is sharing the wealth.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
America...

Freedom at home, death when away.

Does America have to be the most powerful nation? Nope.

Do I want it to be? Hell yeah..I live here, and it will make life that much easier for me.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
America needs to reevaluate its priorities.

We're one nation, about 4.5% of the global population, and US taxpayers are paying for about 41% of the entire planet's defense spending.

WW2 is long over, the Cold War is over.

We need to return our military to it's proper role: the defense of the United States.

Not running around the globe poking hornets' nests with sticks...

I would have to agree with you on this. But people always want to have it both ways. So you know that if America minded it's own business in places outside herself, some people would then find reason to complain because we didn't intervene. The attitude of some Americans though, really confuses me. I see those advertisements for starving kids in other countries, but never see advertisements for starving kids right here in our own backyard. I'm not saying that we should stop helping people in other countries, but I think more needs to be done here at home as well. Kind of hard to fix other people's problems, when you can't fix your own.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
[edit on 30-9-2009 by useless eaters]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

Muslims taking over where now? What utter bollocks.

Besides, I think the poster wasn't referring to an enemy taking down America, but rather you collapsing under your own weight (pun intended). You have so many internal issues in the US that there is no need for a foreign enemy to do the deed, your quite happily ripping your own country apart yourselves with massive debt, poor health and crumbling economy.

So much for your silly idea of a legend lasting 1,000 years, hey?

[edit on 30/9/09 by stumason]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join