It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has to be the most powerful nation in the world!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing

Just look at most blockbusters with the patriotic hero is almost always

defending his country "America" even when the film had nothing to do with

it... Transformers being ONE example.

Transformers was a good example.

The Americans took out the giant evil robot with one shot from their new rail-gun. They even managed to keep the flag in the shot:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Every American knows that John Wayne won World War Two ALL BY HIMSELF.

Hollywood is reality for most Americans.

If Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Clint Eastwood teamed up,
the two of them could beat both Russia and China all by themselves.

Americans actually believe this crap...............

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
American "Freedom" :

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

They couldn't take on Russia and China, maybe just China, but Sly Stallone has already bested the Russians in Afghanistan remember Rambo 2? He could be sent back to finish the job. And Bruce Willis ( seeing as he's always a Policeman) could enforce the law onto the Americans public

And besides John Wayne tamed the Wild West so he's done his duty hasn't he?

And to Exuberant1, Americans ALWAYS try to get the flag in the picture to re-enforce the need to be patriotic to the people , its just shame the Politicians have forgotten what it means to be patriotic. These days they just emphasize the image of greed and incompetance.

[edit on 29/9/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What an interesting topic bringing up Patriotism and wether China can take America and such.

There is one global goal which people seem to miss in all these unfolding events, and its probably Patriotism within all countries which will lead to babies being blown up.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

I think what you wrote their is fine and dandy. But, none of it is related to being "the most powerful nation on earth."

I wouldnt be quick to claim what Obama knows and doesnt know. Unless you have some very private insight to him, then I would urge you to share that source or insight. But I agree with your opinion that naivity may play a role in his decision making.

There are free countries all over the world my friend. Happy ones that don tneed to dedicate such a large portion of their GDP to "defense" or have no sort of military power. In my opinion the kind of thinking that there must be a most powerful" nation is a product of the MIC and the rich and wealthy. They need our money to survive. Enemies are created and fear is induced to not allow you to get over labels (such as "the most powerful country on earth").

Costa Rica: The happiest nation on earth. No military. Small GDP. Small police force and beautiful women...

A nation's level of happiness was most closely associated with health levels.

Prosperity and education were the next strongest determinants of national happiness.

What would you rather be? The happiest nation, or the "most powerful?"

There may be an argument, tha tthe more "powerful" you get, the unhappier you are.

Denmark was also rated one of the happiest places on earth. They have some of the highest taxes, but a garbage man can live as well as a lawyer. Maybe lawyers are not needed as much, eh? ...must be nice...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
America stands for freedom and liberty of the human concious.

What in the world?? What kind of mind do you have?!

My conscious is far from free. I don't experience this "freedom" they speak of. The people around me seem to think they are free, no matter how many times the security guard in Mc Donalds with the gun tells them to lower their voice or face the consequences, no matter how many times they get dragged into a back office by security guards with guns and stripped butt naked to search for who knows what.

How is that free? Free is Toronto, where I can walk through the mall all I want to. Where I can walk down the street without gun toting thugs, that walk around with gun in hand on the look out for black americans. They don't even use the holster around here in America.

I'm not free in conscience if I can't even think straight. My head is super cloudy and it's hard to think. It's like pushing my thoughts through slush.

I'm not free physically, mentally, or in any way shape or form.

I'd like to convey my displeasure at that as I walk down the street, but my face isn't free either, and my mouth does not make the face desired at the moment.

I'm not free inside or outside dude. Hopefully with some chaos and upcoming wars and financial collapse and stuff, whatever it is will leave me alone and I'll have more freedom like I once had. But even if I'm free on the inside once again, I still would not be free on the outside, which isn't that big a deal.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Bad luck mate, the American century is coming to an end.

I, for one, hail our new Indian/Chinese overlords.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So you make this claim, but you left out something important, OP. Why? Why do you believe this? What makes you think this is correct? What do you see happening if america is not the most powerful(which you could make the argument, right now, that we arent)?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
Bad luck mate, the American century is coming to an end.

I, for one, hail our new Indian/Chinese overlords.

Yeah, given that those two are about to go at it, I dont think you'll be hailing both.....

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Before I respond to your post, I have to ask, what is your definition of, powerful?

Thank

gracie

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
America stands for freedom and liberty of the human concious.

I want some of what you are smoking.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Do you really believe that the most powerful nation on earth with 160,000 military cannot take control of a crappy little place like Iraq after SIX YEARS of continuous combat against a few civilian insurgents?

Now you know why.

Actually they didnt want to win. Bush put lots of really incompetent people in place just to make sure they wouldnt make any progress and have a long, long conflict going on forever. Just research it.

Now a lot of stupid Americans are saying they cant leave now because then all those men will have died for nothing. Just like during the Vietnam war. People refuse to learn from their mistakes. Sure its a new generation now, but thats why we have history.

There is no definition of when this war will be won. Its designed to be ever lasting.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I get so tired of reading these types of threads.

The US may have had it's newer and untested system of Government on such a large scale at it's birth. Full of hope and Idealism. Yes the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of rights and all other Great American Documents should be looked to for inspiration IMO. However we are living in a period where those hopes and Ideals are being trampled on by that very Government. Are these actions serving the people or the Government?

There was a period in history when the US was looked up to for many reasons. Our industry, Our technology, Our individual freedoms, Freedom of religion, freedom of the press. The right to maintain and bare arms. etc. It was the beacon of liberty and hope in a world of Monarchs and dictators. This was something people wanted and would go to any lengths to obtain it. Ellis Island anybody?

However times have changed. We are no longer the shinning example of freedom, wealth or the example of a better society that we once were. Because of the actions of a few over the years we have lost the moral high ground.

We the People let that happen!

Most powerful nation in the world? We should try to define what and when first.

Whats the most powerful mean?

Do we have the most Nukes?
No! Russia actually has more.

Do we have the largest economy?
Yes but at the present rate we are going not for long!

Were we the innovators in many fields of technology?
Yes but do to our greed for corporate profits we have outsourced many of those industries to other nations.

Did we ever have the Moral High ground?
That all depends on your perspective. In the early days of our country compared to many systems of governance around the world it was the best at the time.

After WWII our industry stood supreme for many reasons mostly becuase our factories and cities were not piles of rubble like Japan, China, Europe and the Soviet union. We really had nobody to trade with becuase their economies were destroyed. We began by lending them huge sums of money to simply help them get their economies running.

Why?

We needed customers...

Once Europe, Japan and the rest of the world recovered and went to work rebuilding and developing their economies they raised their standard of living to the point of being on par or in some cases above Americas. We simply do not seem to be as impressive as we once were.

I'm grateful for the Internet I get a chance to read peoples opinions from all over the world. I may not always agree with them but I'll listen.

The US was the first large Country to reach a certain level of technology and higher standard of living this does not mean that we should ever try to either rule the world or control it. The rest of the world has caught up and this is the first time in human history where "We the People" of all countries can communicate globally on all topics not just a few elites.

Most powerful you ask?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I disagree. We don't have to be the most powerful nation in the world. We should strive to be the most powerful nation in the world! Just as every other nation should do the same.

Let the most capable be the greatest. But I guarantee we will lose in that manner! America has went from an industrial power house to sitting at a desk and doing accounting work.

Let Americans face reality so that we can either rise or fail on our own merits.
That is how things should be.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hum, so idealistic, perhaps younger generation try to cling of a greater America, patriotism runs so deep and is nice to have this refreshing views.

But the truth is very darker and sinister that you may think, just look what our nation has become, what our government stands for and who rules the nation actually, the show of military might and force against the US citizens during the G20 meeting tells exactly where we the people stand when it comes to liberties and freedom, we bow to countries that are communist, feudal monarchies and dictatorship all in the name of globalism, and who pays for our debt.

Just food for thoughts.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey SLAYER, just a couple of minor points...

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Do we have the largest economy?
Yes but at the present rate we are going not for long!

Unfortunately not even now. The EU should be seen as the worlds largest economy. It might not be a "country" in the traditional sense, but will probably be in the future and it is a large free-trade and travel area. The GDP of the EU is $1 Trillion dollars more than the US and double that of China.

China and India are on the bounce too, although India as left alot to be disired amongst their poor, even more so than China..

Originally posted by SLAYER69.
Were we the innovators in many fields of technology?
Yes but do to our greed for corporate profits we have outsourced many of those industries to other nations.

Hmm, I can think of quite a few bits of "your" technology that were half-inched or otherwise arm-twisted out of close allies, let alone off your enemies. It's a bit of stretch to paint yourselves as a nation of innovators, when history shows that, generally speaking, the USA takes a pre-existing idea, throws billions of dollars at it and slaps a "Made in USA" sticker on the side, then tells it's citizens "Look what we did!"...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It kind of amuses me that so many people in the West are so very happy to see that like their Nations ours to is capable of being over run from within by tyranny and corruption.

There is not a nation on Earth that has not had this problem at one time or another.

And you rejoice.

Understandably American arrogance and youth in claiming for so many years we are invulnerable to such things is partially to blame.

Yet

Haven't you stopped to think what that actually could mean for your homes?

Yes

America might fall for a time, perhaps there will be a revolution, but in time all dictators fall and corruption is crushed and things come full circle.

This is not the death of America, there are no real enemies of substance on our borders our infra structure is sound, our continent is rich, in time we will be fine.

But with no America Can the same be said for Europe next door to Russia and the Middle East?

Or Other Nations? Near China

Power Vacuums are always filled by someone.

Perhaps cheering for the demise of America will not bode nearly as well as you think.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Hey SLAYER, just a couple of minor points...

Nothing I wrote conflicts with your reply.

You are right the EU is not a country. I'm pretty sure China and India are part of "the rest of the world"

I never said the US was the sole innovators in certain fields.
during the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s not everything was made in Japan or China...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually we were the leaders of technology for quite some time, until we were sold out by our own companies, greed and government looking for cheaper labor, that goes with our industrial base that was also the best in the world.

So yes you are right SLAYER we were the best of the best once.

That doesn't mean we can no be great again, but that will be going against all those countries that now love to see Americas downfall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join