It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Twisted Brain: Pol Pot Less Reprehensible Than Woodrow Wilson, Tiger Woods, and FDR

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Glenn Beck's Twisted Brain: Pol Pot Less Reprehensible Than Woodrow Wilson, Tiger Woods, and FDR

www.alternet.org

Knowing who Glenn Beck is, and the type of discourse he engages in, it would be the height of foolishness to expect a reasoned discussion of U.S. history within the pages of Arguing with Idiots. But this is getting absurd.

In his chapter titled, "U.S. Presidents: A Steady Progression of Progressives," Beck treats us to his list of the "Top Ten Bastards of All Time." The occupants of that list, in ascending order, are Pol Pot, Robert Mugabe, Teddy Roosevelt, Bernie Madoff, Adolf Hitler, Keith Olbermann, Pontius Pilate, FDR, Tiger Woods, and Woodrow Wilson. That's right, in Beck's book, mass slaughter of millions of innocents makes you a less reprehensible person than the presidents who won both World Wars for the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-9-2009 by grover]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
When are intelligent people...conservative, liberal and moderate...going to tell this jackass to shut up and stop polluting the airwaves (and in this case, wasting paper) with his incoherent bullhooey?

At least mush loosebowels makes sense every now and then...that is if you just listen and try not to reason his statements out.

The same cannot be said of glenn beck whom I would argue has grounds for suing faux news for allowing an obviously mentally challenged person on the air for the amusement of others.

What I wanna know is why does Tiger Woods belong on this list?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If you want to know why people are in the list you should probably go read that chapter of his book instead of reading someone else's opinion of it.

FYI I don't plan on buying or reading the book.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wow, Beck is really getting the Rush Limbaugh treatment by the left wing. Those people have no sense of humor what so ever. They seem to forget that Beck is a comedian and was making fun of Olbermann "worst list" that he does every night.

You gotta love the title to this "article" too. They are clearly unbiased and just trying to get to the truth right? It reminds me of that ridiculous article Kinda Kurious posted that claimed Rush said:

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Limbaugh: Negro-in-Chief Obama Wants Reparations for Darkie Pals

Source

No such thing was ever uttered by Rush, yet the headline was the nasty hate you see above.

Its nothing but attempts to discredit and silence people who are shining a light on this administration and Democrat controlled congress. We all know nobody else is. Notice he got stars for that post too. Pathetic....

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The article in question explains it and it still doesn't make any sense. And I am not about to waste any time or brain cells reading becks dribble.

Oh Wimbly I have a great sense of humor and for the most part I do not find anything humorous in what some of you right wingers call humor.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

The article in question explains it and it still doesn't make any sense. And I am not about to waste any time or brain cells reading becks dribble.

No it doesn't and thats hardly an "article". Its a baseless internet blog hit piece that has no basis in reality.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

The article is coherent...beck is not.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by Wimbly

The article is coherent...beck is not.

The "article" is from a left wing smear machine that regularly misquotes or misrepresents the quotes of prominent right wing commentators. The "phony soldiers" fake controversy is a good example of that. Neither you nor whoever wrote the article has any idea what they're talking about.

Whats your problem with Beck anyway? Olbermann does the same sort of thing every night and media matters never does a story about it. The "article" seems to be upset that beck doesn't like people they do. Oh my, lets write an article full of childish name calling, because we don't like Becks political opinions.

Like I said, no sense of humor.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Oh and I am sure your writers and bloggers from the right are the soul of accuracy and honesty.

I have seen beck in action once or twice...enough to know that he is a fool and that I make more sense blind drunk than he does sober.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I dont agree with him....shut him down.....sue fox news....seems you are becoming what you fight....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
reply to post by grover

I dont agree with him....shut him down.....sue fox news....seems you are becoming what you fight....

Freedom of speech and opinion only apply to those the left agrees to grant them too. Just take a look back at Obama and his administrations treatment of Rush Limbaugh in the opening couple months of his regime for a good example.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

I said none of those things. I said and I quote:

glenn beck whom I would argue has grounds for suing faux news for allowing an obviously mentally challenged person on the air for the amusement of others.

i.e. himself.

I never said anything about shutting him down. If he wants to make an utter fool of himself on air and in print that is fine by me.

If you wonder why those of us on the left think the right wing world in inhabited by morons look no further than glenn beck.

If I were you guys I would chose which spokesmen you back more carefully...no sane person takes him seriously and he doesn't exactly help your cause.

I personally would not want it known that I get my news and opinions from a blithering idiot...

but you guys don't seem to mind.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Uh, it's a humorous political and social commentary book written by a comedian. I would have thought most people were intelligent enough to realize that the "list" was a joke, even without reading the chapter, as soon as they saw he has Tiger Woods at #2 biggest bastard of all time. Seems like at some point a person's common sense would have made something click in their brain, saying "huh? He's classifying Tiger Woods as a worse person that Pol Pot... Oh, I get it! Ha-ha! He's making a funny!" And be done with it. Once again I have sorely overestimated the intelligence level of the average Fox News hater.

Just to help everyone who apparently lacks the abillity to "get" humor like Glenn's, I'd like to share a few other inside tips to make sure you don't overreact to a few other well know "common sense" issues. The War of The Worlds radio program by HG Wells was simply a theatrical work of fiction. Pamela Ewing dreamt that Bobby died. Charlie Sheen didn't actually interview Obama. And the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, your mom or dad put that quarter under your pillow and took your old tooth.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I have a pretty highly developed sense of humor and I find nothing beck says or does funny except in a pathetic kind of way...

what is more pathetic though are those who actually pay attention to him and his so called opinions...and there are plenty out there.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Both FDR and Wilson lied us into wars. Like most presidents, they too were psychopathic mass-murderers.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Do you find Olbermann amusing?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I don't pay attention to any of them...I have said it before and I will say it again news commentators seem to think these days that their opinions are news and it isn't.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I find it very hard to take anyone who cries like a televangelist on live television very seriously at all. To compare our former Presidents to Pol Pot (well....maybe the comparison with ole Pol and W might be on to something) is just really stupid, self-serving, and pretty just ridiculous.

Now, if he would like to criticize Wilson for the path to the UN, the Federal Reserve, and basically leading us down the road to WWII that would be fine with me. You could also criticize FDR for prolonging the Great Depression and that abuse of civil rights on the citizens of this nation as well. There is a lot to be very critical about as far as building blocks created by former Presidents that assisted with constructing a wall against freedom at the beginning of the 20th Century.

Keith Olbermann is nothing more than someone who supports aggressive war so long as Democrats are in power. He's a joke.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Grover: I would classify you as someone disinterested in political humor, then. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems rather petty to criticize something simply because you don't get it.

Originally posted by justinsweatt
Now, if he would like to criticize Wilson for the path to the UN, the Federal Reserve, and basically leading us down the road to WWII that would be fine with me.

That's exactly what Beck has criticized Wilson for. Beck is no supporter of the Fed.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That is because Glenn Beck is nothing but a right wing shill.

And the right wing of America eats that stuff up, just think of the ratings of Limbaugh, because that is all Glenn Beck is trying to do, be just like Limbaugh.

The entire right wing of America makes me sick.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join