It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Twisted Brain: Pol Pot Less Reprehensible Than Woodrow Wilson, Tiger Woods, and FDR

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So Glenn Beck is a comedian? That does explain everything else he talks about because it is also pretty funny. So I guess that means Fox news is now in the entertainment business with having his show on every night. The world is starting to make sense again.

Glenn, here is a little tip that all the comedians use. To let everyone know when something is funny, they always have background laughter on the radio or TV. You should try it. Otherwise your audience will think your being serious.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Personally, it's a mystery to me why anyone should take this swivel-eyed cry-baby seriously. Either he's a political commentator making serious points or he's a comedian so we just take everything he says as satire.

You can't have it both ways.

He'd be laughed off the screen in the UK, anyway.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
grover, when GB made his appearance on CNN a few years ago, I caught a couple of his shows but just found him not to be my cup of tea. An intelligent co-worker would chime in at lunch back then about agreeing with a couple points GB made, which made for some good discussion around the table.

Honestly, grover, when I tuned him in lately, here is what I felt: embarrassment for someone so over the top with his ranting and raving that I thought I was witnessing someone having a nervous breakdown or a break with reality. I couldn't believe that his producers didn't notice something seemed "off". It seemed like he had changed since I saw him last at CNN. I really feel sorry for him.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Uhm, I agree with him on Woodrow Wilson, were it not for him there wouldn't have been a World War 2. Read some history books, the Treaty of Versailles is why Hitler rose to power, Woodrow was a key figure in starting that. So technically Wilson had a LOT of blood on his hands.

The left is trying to smear Beck because they view him as a threat, and a lot of people on here are smearing him after not really watching his show...I don't like all of what he says, or the way he presents himself...but that doesn't mean what he's saying isn't often pretty close to the truth. Really without Beck the acorn story wouldn't have gained much traction at all, nor would the former czar Van Jones have been canned. Those are good things, even if he says some stupid stuff, often in trying to be funny...well, you have to take the good with the bad.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I'll go one up one you and say that I also have a co-worker that vehemently starts to just parrot what he just heard from the right wing radio he just listened to. I don't ever interrupt when he starts, but when I see a lull in his speech, I interject and ask him why he supports a specific argument, and he just looks dumbfounded, as if he had no idea what he just said.

This is no lie. He was just repeating what he heard and basing his opinion on it. This to me just proves that the right wing just act and do what they are hear before they think. To me, his illustrates how propaganda works, and is alive and well today in right wing media.

I wouldn't have believed it, if I didn't see it with my own two eyes.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ya know its parroting when suddenly every right wing conservative you know start using the same catch phrases...no wonder they are called ditto heads...and it is not a compliment.

I just find it hard to imagine anyone takes beck seriously. Periodically I will watch an excerpt on utube and find myself embarrassed for the man which is why I said he could have grounds for suing faux news for allowing a blatantly unstable man on tv for others entertainment.

Yet it seems that many on the right have no problem getting their opinions from an obviously loose screw.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

First you criticize the right wing for finding Glenn Beck humorous, yet when asked if you find Kieth Olbermann (who is exactly the same) humorous, you claim that you haven't listened to him. Let's not beat around the bush here, because you're starting to sound like a hypocrite.

Then you further criticize Glenn Beck, despite seldom listening to him, or even reading one iota of his book, then claim that he is propaganda, and proceed to link us to ALTERNET.net, which is your source? Again, hypocritical. When a right wing comedian writes a book, do you suddenly decide to visit alternet to find someone else opinion that debunks it (even though it misses the point entirely)? Or do you listen to select Youtube videos?

Ya know its parroting when suddenly every right wing conservative you know start using the same catch phrases...no wonder they are called ditto heads...and it is not a compliment.

Yet every Obamanite says this line - we've heard it thousands of times before. Again, hypocritical.

[edit on 25/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

I have watched Obermann periodically and he is coherent...doesn't scream or cry and generally act like someone who needs their meds increased...so no he is not the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by C0bzz

I have watched Obermann periodically and he is coherent...doesn't scream or cry and generally act like someone who needs their meds increased...so no he is not the same.

Well the "Top Ten Bastards of All Time" was clearly a poke at Keith Olbermanns worst person in the world segment - so, pertaining to the opening post, they are very similar. In any case I enjoy them both, they both raise important issues as well as a fair show of BS. However, if anyone takes it literal then I think that's their own problem.

Keith at his best...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

I know when Keith Obermann is making a joke...

but due to the vicious nature of the right wing's so-called

humor
I am never sure when they are serious and they are kidding.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I just find it hard to imagine anyone takes beck seriously. Periodically I will watch an excerpt on utube and find myself embarrassed for the man which is why I said he could have grounds for suing faux news for allowing a blatantly unstable man on tv for others entertainment.

Yet it seems that many on the right have no problem getting their opinions from an obviously loose screw.

Ditto heads refers to Rush Limbaugh listeners....and liberals all have the same talking points as well, it's not a "right wing conservative" phenomena.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

reply to post by C0bzz

Uhm, Keith Olbermann screams quite often, especially during his "special comment" moments, he just uses a pompous tone to cover it up, he's also extremely bias. He never has on opposing views...never...ever.

www.salon.com...

Olbermann is sleaze

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
reply to post by grover

Both FDR and Wilson lied us into wars. Like most presidents, they too were psychopathic mass-murderers.

and what? tiger woods lied to you about buicks?
actually beck doesn't need to be made a cartoon of, he is good at doing that in person.

psychopathic mass-murderers? and your doctorate degree is in what field?
gee, no hyperbolic language here.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So was Tiger Woods a code name for Obama? Hmmm...

BTW, I don't watch Olberman either, but from what I've seen, he is also over the top. However he also doesn't organize a mass of people to protest in Washington.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I used not to like the ignore button but I have come to appriciate it more and more.

goodbye sos37 I would like to say that it has been a pleasure sparring with you but my mommy told me never to lie.

Typical . . .

You know, the only ones who I have ever seen use the ignore button are liberals.

You got your butt handed to you on a sliver platter by mostly everyone in this thread, so you start ignoring.

But that is just another example of how a liberal's mind works.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Both liberals and conservatives are guilty of the sensationalizing, misinterpreting, gulping (and spreading) propaganda, ignoring, and so on. The whole liberals versus conservatives mindset is absurd, as Jesse Ventura put it "it's one more choice than China". You guys should start collaborating and discussing what is actually right, rather than pointing the finger at people who support another political party, or view.

edit; see below post.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Both liberals and non-liberals are guilty of the sensationalizing, misinterpreting, gulping (and spreading) propaganda, ignoring, and so on. The whole Reps versus Dems mindset is absurd, as Jesse Ventura put it "it's one more choice than China". You guys should start collaborating and discussing what is actually right, rather than pointing the finger at people who support another political party (of two
).

IMO, it is not Rep vs Dem. It is Liberal vs Conservative . . . or it should be

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I find it funny that you would pick one piece and take it totally out of context and refuse to read any further for better understanding.

I have a solution for your distaste for Glen Beck.

1) Don't read what he writes.
2) Don't watch his show.

Problem solved!

For reference, your not going to get it if you allow the liberal lunch lady to serve up your out of context talking points. You have to take the time to read for yourself and think for yourself.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Hardly...there used to be a right wing member on here, now banned who used it extensively...as for my use of it I use it sparingly and as for the person I put in ignore he has consistently been rude, insulting, attacking and insinuating and I finally got tired of him...I should have done it earlier.

I listen to plenty of voices that disagree with me.

Do you?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by liveandletlive

Since I do not watch him I have no idea what you are talking about but since everything that I have read that he claims makes no sense I would assume the same applies to whatever you are talking about.

I hate oysters. I have never had an oyster but from everything I have read and been told from others who dislike them I know I really never have to try them.

My above statement, along with yours is illogical. I should try oysters to see if it suits my tastes, after all I may very well enjoy them.

Likewise you should go to the source of the information you so quickly discount as looney yet you would rather take it from others that Beck is a loon. More likely you dislike Beck because his views are different than yours so you don't want to look at him more closely because it's easier to throw rocks from a distance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join