It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Twisted Brain: Pol Pot Less Reprehensible Than Woodrow Wilson, Tiger Woods, and FDR

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Do you think that Glenn Beck should be banned from tv and radio since you dont share his views?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Absolutely not. He has as much right to make a fool of himself in public as you do or anyone else for that matter.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I see you are avoiding Glenn's success in cleaning up some of the trash in Washington. Van Jones.... Gone! ACORN..... no more public funding! APOLLO, etc.... He is bringing to light what no one else will. Do you not care that some of Obama's advisers are self-proclaimed communists or racists? Instead you attack the messenger because he makes a living informing people who care to listen. As another poster pointed out, you don't like him, don't listen to him or read his stuff. I don't bother with Olberman because I think he's a douchbag, but I don't come on blogs to complain about him. I'll do my complaining about our government, not some media personality.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Even many conservatives are calling for beck to can it:

www.alternet.org...

In early August, Rep. Bob Inglis (R) of South Carolina, who isn't exactly a moderate, encouraged his constituents to "turn the TV off" and stop listening to Glenn Beck. The audience booed the conservative congressman relentlessly. A week later, David Frum, a conservative pundit and former Bush speechwriter, suggested Beck's rhetoric may be, quite literally, dangerous.

But these remarks were largely overlooked, and were not echoed by other conservatives. It seems, however, that we're starting to see a change.

On Tuesday, MSNBC's Joe Scarborough blasted Beck, and argued that the Fox News personality may be fomenting violence. "You cannot preach hatred," Scarborough said. "You cannot say the president is racist. You cannot say things that have very deadly consequences." He added, in an apparent reference to the Oklahoma City bombing, "I was in Congress in 1995. I know where this can end." Scarborough also called on Republican leaders to "call out" Becks' "hatred."

Right-wing radio host Mark Levin called Beck "pathetic." Rush Limbaugh referred to Beck's role in promoting conservative protests as "cheap and disingenuous." Peter Wehner said Beck's "interest in conspiracy theories is disquieting" and his daily attacks are "not good for the country." Wehner called Beck a "roiling mix of fear, resentment, and anger." Conservative columnists Kathleen Parker and David Brooks told Chris Matthews that Beck is "baiting" and "empowering" racists.

How bad must he be if mush loosebowls calls him cheap and disingenuous...

And Scarborough is right...if his rhetoric inspires someone to violence then he is also responsible for it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

And Scarborough is right...if his rhetoric inspires someone to violence then he is also responsible for it.

Give me a freaking break! What if someone takes out a tea party protester? How about Rush or Beck? Will the MSM be to blame for that? I'm sure you have some zany rationalization for why they wont be to blame, even though they are the ones demonizing the American public and right wing commentators.

EDIT: By the way, that article you posted is bunk. Levin and Rush never said any of that stuff.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Personally, it's a mystery to me why anyone should take this swivel-eyed cry-baby seriously. Either he's a political commentator making serious points or he's a comedian so we just take everything he says as satire.

You can't have it both ways.

He'd be laughed off the screen in the UK, anyway.

Oh dear me, started reading the thread from my last post and spotted the obvious error.

Put it this way: Glenn Beck is no John Stewart.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by C0bzz

I know when Keith Obermann is making a joke...

but due to the vicious nature of the right wing's so-called

humor
I am never sure when they are serious and they are kidding.

That's *why the right wing like Steve Colbert (the anti-Beck*) - Conservatives don't know he's joking

* ...well, maybe no.2 behind John Stewart, as noted above

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Hardly...there used to be a right wing member on here, now banned who used it extensively...as for my use of it I use it sparingly and as for the person I put in ignore he has consistently been rude, insulting, attacking and insinuating and I finally got tired of him...I should have done it earlier.

...in response to putting someone on ignore.

We can all be pests sometimes and in my humble opinion to chose to ignore someone is the height of arrogance.

....pulled straight from Grover's personal profile.

...I also like how you said that you had a highly developed sense of humor as if it was some objective thing to be measured.

Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery on your order for 1 large crate o' hippos.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
grover, I'm going to throw another .02 onto the table. In a capitalist economy, we all are workers in a sense. Some (those who own the capital) work to make a profit. The rest work for wages, to help the owner make the profit. While both groups want to benefit the most from capitalism, capitalism can only work best when it is balanced, working best for all.

Unfortunately, for the last three decades, the owners have made sure to unbalance capitalism in their favor. The "owners" I speak of are mostly those in big business (finances, [health] insurances) and industry (food [meat] processing, manufacturing, carbon based energy, etc), or retail (WalMart ex), not the small business person/or small business that forms a corporation.

These big players nosed their way into govt, as the proverbial camel gaining access to the tent. The biggies bought mouthpieces in govt, but, since we are a republic, they needed a buy in from the workers, someone the people/small business owner would listen to and believe in the information being fed them via these media mouthpieces.

Of late, in order to silence anyone in Washington who might upset the decades long status quo, people like GB have been turned into snipers, loaded with misinformation, to pick off anyone who would destable the status quo.

Hysteria has picked off someone like Van Jones, who actually promotes corporate partnerships, just not what the status quo wants. Hysteria has shot down the organization ACORN, which has been around for decades, but just now being picked off as a "friend of my enemy". 99% of the people calling for ACORN's demise had no opinion until their opinion was shaped by their beloved opinion makers. ACORN has been an organization meant to help people in need and often had to stand up to corporations.

The opinions of GB etal are a far cry from any relevant intellectual discussion. His rants serve his corporate masters well. The hysterical cheerleading on the side of corporatism sounds like this

Status quo, status quo!!
Change has got to go, go, go!!
Yay status quo!!

Give me a C-O-M-M-I-E
Give me a S-O-C-I-A-L-I-S-M
Give me a M-A-R-X-I-S-T
What do ya have?
A whipped citizen ready to be a slave to corporatism!! Go team!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
EDIT: By the way, that article you posted is bunk. Levin and Rush never said any of that stuff.
[edit on 26-9-2009 by Wimbly]

First off your logic is really flabby...if someone took out a teabagger no it would not be beck or loosebowels fault...but if they got edged on by someone on the left then they would bear resposiblity for it and of course vice a versa.

Second of all:

Wimpy here is a video of Inglis telling people to stop watching beck.

thinkprogress.org...

Here is the article from David Furm

www.theweek.com...

And here is Mark Levin Fan blog discussing his comments on beck

marklevinfan.com...

Here is a politico article discussing Beck vs loosebowels

www.politico.com...

So what part is bunk? Your response perhaps?

And btw I know what I said about ignore and I still do not like using it and use it sparingly but I don't have to put up with someone's chronic abuse either and that was the case with sos37...he was and is chronically abusive to people he disagrees with.

I am entitled to change my mind.

BTW the right commentators don't need the MSM to make them out as idiots....they are doing a perfectly adequate job of that themselves.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by grover]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ha ha ha

reply to post by jjkenobi

The article in question explains it and it still doesn't make any sense. And I am not about to waste any time or brain cells reading becks dribble.

Oh Wimbly I have a great sense of humor and for the most part I do not find anything humorous in what some of you right wingers call humor.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by grover]

Of COURSE it doesn't make any sense! And do you know why it doesn't make any sense? OF COURSE you don't, you are too busy being skeeeered of Glen Beck and his "Right wing fascist" reading garbage from "theocracy watch.com, or because he is a Mormon and we all know how Mormons ruined it for the prop 8 crowd. I especially like the way you have adopted the opinions of every liberal opinion site on Google just copy pasting that list.

Ford even received a medal of honor from the Nazis for his support-and American school children are still taught to admire Henry Ford -Does Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity , Lou Dobbs , Limbaugh etc. approve of Fords Anti-Semitisn and his racist views.

Grimstead argues the need for martyrdom and a united army of Christians to take over the various institutions schools government military pentagon etc.

As Steve Krakauer points out in discussing the Katie Couric interview of the popular rabble rousing Professional Agitator Cum Media Star Glenn Beck this is a clash of cultural views but this avoids the fact that she is treating Beck as if he were some reasonable journalist committed to the facts and committed to journalistic integrity

What is it about this man?

That his show continues to climb in the ratings?

Does it EVER, I mean EVER occur to progressives that maybe, just maybe, you ain't as smart as you all think you are and that maybe it isn't that he is brain washing more and more Americans that didn't already HAVE many of the opinions Beck talks about?

I rarely watch Glen Beck but when I do, his show ALWAYS makes it a POINT that the "OPINIONS" expressed on his show, are NOT those of the MSN, (obviously) but his OWN! That he gets paid to give his opinion.

Interestingly enough comes the words all progressives that have tried to make his book something it isn't, attempt to attach to Glen Beck. Lots of words like Racism! When Katie Couric interviewed Beck trying to paint him in a corner as a KKK guy or his use of the word Nazi when they all forget, that is what the left, namely Nancy Pelosi was calling those who don't agree with Obama.

They have tried to paint him as if he is so dangerous aligning him with other threats like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, Chuck Norris, and many other "right wing extremists" who put the extreme in the right wing.

The other thing I notice is they are all conservatives as well. They all like to express how idiotic it is to compare people KNOWN for committing genocide when it is OBVIOUS Pol Pot who killed millions is far more evil than Obama could ever be because Obama is not a genocidal, maniac killing millions like Pol Pot .

Or is he?

That when they choose to draw attention to Beck's use of the word "eugenics", curiously, they seem to leave out one name in particular whose influence was the root cause of so much fascination with this phenomena, and who is a hero to many progressives because he invented the most pathetically useless theory for the diversity of our planets many varied species, they leave out the man responsible for Hitler’s interest in it, Stalin, Marx etc. they forget to mention Chuck Darwin. They fail to realize, that to many Americans who have always believed that one of the strongest characteristics of a great nation is how it treats its Infants and elderly was made quite clear when Obama chose to subsidize the population controlling efforts of the fastest climbing rate in genocide human beings discriminated against by a common denominator they all share, in the history of the world.

Guilty of the same act of trespassing in what is now known to be the most dangerous place to live for anyone of this age group to be living.

While they are selected and systematically discriminated against and slaughtered by the hundreds every day, most Americans don't even bat an eye yet others are fighting to not only make this choice of inhumane capital punishment where they are not even given a court hearing much less a fair trial, they are executed, the innocent victims of circumstance.

While it is progressives, as you call them, who want to have the constitutional RIGHT to make it a capital crime for trespassing.

No other crimes like this have ever been punished so extreme, it makes the case for Blacks being discriminated against for the death penalty, an even bigger case of discrimination, when you consider the fact that MOST of them are executed, using this form of capital punishment to control their population, all guilty of same crime of trespassing in their mothers womb.

Yes Abortion is infanticide when it is done on such a grand scale as is performed by an organization the belies its very name "Planned "Parenthood" when the only plan they preach is plan B. because parenthood is too late to be planning when you are already expecting. It is a clue to the alarming state of apathy this country has become so desensitized, so used to it, they don't think it is even in the same class as Pol Pot, so it doesn't surprise me they can't make the connection. That while all those who offer such ignorant reviews of Beck, citing his religion as one of the most evil constructs of civilization, it was religion that even made civilization POSSIBLE. That when the progressives offer examples so over used and tired of the "Crusades and the witch trials" to vilify Beck as a religious right wing nut job, they fail to mention Pol Pot, and Stalin, and the common distinction they all shared. They were atheist states led by Atheist leaders who mass murdered victims so high in the millions, it makes anything religion has done look like a cheap parlor trick.

That while they cite everything that was done in religions name, it is always the same crusades and never feeding the hungry caring for aids victims while they claim nothing evil done in atheism's name, they forget to mention, their was no religion allowed there hence their was no atheism. Ya see the difference may be in the excuses humans need to justify mass murder on a grand scale where Atheist leaders just did it for, I dunno, the hell of it, does it even matter?

The usual and often dramatic "Oh NOOOOo's" we hear from the left, so skeptical of 911 truthers, citing they have no evidence, when they do but you can't show that to someone who refuses to believe there God, the Government would do such a thing anymore than they want to believe ours would. We are both kinda the same in that way.

The usual astonishment that people who do not believe in global warming is usually those same progressives who think science is infallible and that while they say we are stupid for not believing in the scam of global warming, science is trying to indoctrinate everyone using the very same tactics they have used to language people into other pet theories.

I would submit Darwin’s theory was even a bigger one than Global warming.

That while you mock Glen Beck for believing in something he cannot prove, progressives continue to deny having just as much faith in things they cannot prove either. That of we connected the dots, it isn't the religious right wing that has caused such an alarming rate of dumbed down dimwits of Darwin’s theory, and a drop to near bottom in our kids grades in math and science. No you can't blame us on that one it is the progressives that have had our kids as captive audiences 5 days a week for many many years that are to blame. You can't blame the republicans anymore either, they have pretty much been sidelined and love watching you all play the game while you fumble a play when their isn't an opposing team, you continue to blame the Bush administration for everything and probably always will.

That although many punishments foretold the days before the largest gay parade in the state of LA, was to take place, they all belittled people like Jerry Fallwell for warning them of a great catastrophe coming to that city for turning what was once a fun costume party in the streets of Baton Rouge, to a quasi nude semi gay, straight sex orgy that was getting so out of hand, they were calling it the big "sleazy"

That was until Katrina hit and those same Americans they mocked for believing in such "superstitious" ideas, were also among the very first responders to help. Ironic isn’t it.

While they mocked bush's Christianity his asinine comments about God telling him to invade Iraq, Christians, by that time, KNEW we had been conned by a con artist and begged the democrats to get him out office sweeping them in control in a bipartisan effort so that the promises made by Pelosi and Reid could be made patent.

They proved to be the most do nothing congress since the term the "do nothing congress" was coined. The faux Christian George Bush had always mocked us behind our backs as religious whackos, he seems to have fooled the progressives the most and the party Bush really belongs to, continues to take advantage of progressives pride they are so intelligent nothing can possibly get by them a second time, certainly nothing as bad as Bush.

To them I give you, Barack Hussein Obama.

Ill bet ya you all believe he is a "democrat" like we all believed Bush, was a republican huh?

I am sure, drama queens like Olberman and Lesbian progressives like Maddow would find this rant so idiotic from a scientific standpoint, and none of it can be substantiated using the scientific method. What I crack up at most, is the idea; they think they are so smart their best scientific detectives so clever, mocking Beck for his belief in such an all knowing entity like God, etc, What I think is funny, is the idea they have that we have to prov, God didn't do it.

That's always been fine with me, I'm no one to judge the actions of God, but more than that is Progressives ain't no one to think they are so smart, that even if their was such a thing as God, progressives actually believe they are so damn smart, even GOD couldn't get away with it.

Now that is funny.

From Global warming to Evolution, it is the same progressives the same skeptics of 911truthers they have tried to use their religion of science against, even comparing the truth movement to fundamentalist's when hehe many of them are! So what!

What they don't see is threads of skeeeered right wing republicans giving drama dimwits like Keith Olberman more credit than he deserves the way Progressives give it to beck, as a dangerous man. No what we see right wingers like Beck doing is giving a long ignored voice,

To "we the people", a platform within earshot of truly dangerous men in Government.

So that we don't have to suffer through another eight years of liars and hucksters like Bush and Obama. We would rather hear how crazy and extreme right wing nut jobs we are, how stupid the Europeans think we are. We would rather hear all of that!

Because we can take that!

We can handle THAT, a helluva a lot better than progressives have proven they can handle hearing, “I told ya so",

If we don't.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

so...i guess what you saying is that nobody should be held responsible for what they say. and if you are NOT saying that, what are your limitations on what they can say.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I've been saying it for a long time.. Glenn Beck is a moron. The major fault in watching him is that you must realize you are watching a man who is literally a comedian, much like John Stewart.. Except John Stewart is actually funny and makes fun of everyone.

Glenn Beck is just neo con claiming to be a constitution/libertarian. Why? Because people are sick of neo-cons.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

so...i guess what you saying is that nobody should be held responsible for what they say. and if you are NOT saying that, what are your limitations on what they can say.

No, I say what I mean and I mean what I say. Nothing more nothing less.

To take all that I said and nutshell it into something you are presumptuous to assume I don't have an answer for is incorrect.

If what I were saying was,:"

You can bet it would look like "Nobody should be held responsible for what they say. Period!

If you haven't noticed, I don't dabble into the sugar coated veneer of insincere politically correct minutia and I am soooo not sensitive to the tender sensitivites of a people that think they should be more protected than those who already fall under the protections of the 14th ammendment and those institutions having their immunities to it protected also. Those talking about hate speech al lthe time are usually those most guilty of deserving to be callled a hater themselves.

I don't hate, hate speech, I just simply consider the source and either make a comment if I think its worthwhile or I move on ignoring it giving the same credit for others to either agree to disagree or not while keeping the sanity to remain law abiding citizens regardless of who it was ranting, beck or anyone else.

I Think if you don't like Glen Beck, don't watch him. but I can say he is guaranteed the same rights to his opinion grover is, in spite of grovers unusually uncommon, commonn sense

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Interesting. So that means the pro-abortion rhetoric commentators are responsible for this murder.

Mich. man accused in shootings of abortion foe, businessman

A 33-year-old Michigan man has been charged with murder in the shootings this morning of an anti-abortion protester outside a high school and the owner of a gravel company found dead in his office.

But of course we know the left will never admit to that.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You also don't dabble in clear articulate syntax...

I read your rambling post twice and still couldn't make sense of it other than it was a diatribe against liberals and progressives...other than that it was incoherent....

much like beck himself.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

If it comes out that someone edged him on...yes.

I am opposed to all hate speech.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You also don't dabble in clear articulate syntax...

Well I agree grover, at least in one way I agree it was not articulate at all which may also explain why you didn't understand a word of it.

It is obviously because you haven't learned english.

and THAT is why you think it is not very "articulate" NOT because it isn't, but because I AM USING a KEYBOARD.

Like I said, you all think you are so smart never occurs to you to check your self your own very limited understanding of the brush YOU use before criticizing the one I use. At least I didn't get personal with YOU grover. I spoke of some things I take issue with that are represented by progressives, but I see you take that as personally as someone would saying Christians are responsible for all the wars history etc.

Ya might wanna think about that while I am busy here getting over my wounds. Ouch #%$

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

If it comes out that someone edged him on...yes.

I am opposed to all hate speech.

Really? could have fooled me grover, I get the feeling you are a seething cauldron of emotions ready to go postal at any second you sound so full hate. I guess it's only hate speech when it is about things you are interested and given as hate speech by those that you don't agree with .

Otherwise, you ain't no better than the rest of us and just as ignorant of our own prejudices.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Hysteria has shot down the organization ACORN, which has been around for decades, but just now being picked off as a "friend of my enemy". 99% of the people calling for ACORN's demise had no opinion until their opinion was shaped by their beloved opinion makers. ACORN has been an organization meant to help people in need and often had to stand up to corporations.

No I'm afraid you got this so wrong it just HAD to be given a rebuttal I think MOST people can't deny. That in your own self aggrandized assesment of the dumber than thou stupid Americans, not quite up to the level of superior intelligence as you and say Grover, you make the mistake of seriously over estimating yourself and underestimating the American people. You think hysteria? shot down acorn?

HA HA HA HA Those useless scheming anti American thugs are so over do the blunt kick in the ass they deserve it isn't funny. Hysteria you call it??

Jeeez you are as manipulative with the facts and as reticent to admit the truth as Obama and as contradictory as the OP is with beck.

CORRUPTION is what did acorn in and years and years of voter fraud, vote registration fraud, intimidation tactics the very community aggitator you think beck is so guilty of is why we see that as ridiculous if you don't understand acorn as proving they are exactly that only far worse and far more devious. Acorn was one of the biggest reasons fannie mae and freddie mac couldn't keep their books straight.

Give me a C-O-M-M-I-E
Give me a S-O-C-I-A-L-I-S-M
Give me a M-A-R-X-I-S-T
What do ya have?
A whipped citizen ready to be a slave to corporatism!! Go team!!

HA HA HA fact is my friend, Obama was a member of the socialist party in illinois as a senator and if it were not for hurting his chances being known in favor of communism, he would be right up there where we would be drawing stalins mustache on his puss and not hitlers.

You siding with acorn and suggesting we were all so duped into believing such aweful things about them, we just are spoon fed propaganda while you on the other hand k now the truth!

That Acorn was a Great American institution!

HA HA HA HA Man I got to say I am very happy to see, more like those who get it and really do get it. than those among us who are like you, and think Americans are so stupid.

We know what time it is pal and we also know how the clock runs around here. Most of all, we know what makes it tick, and you ain't anywhere close to understanding a thing about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join