It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck's Twisted Brain: Pol Pot Less Reprehensible Than Woodrow Wilson, Tiger Woods, and FDR

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I like political humor after all who better to make fun of than politicians...I do not find beck funny in fact I find the right pretty much humorless....and what they do find funny usually in bad taste.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

I agree wholeheartedly.

Read my signature.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Im curious, do you think Glenn Beck has lied about the issues that have been brought up on his show lately? You know the ones. The relationship between The Apollo Alliance, ACORN, SEIU, regulatory "czar" Cass Sunstein and FCC diversity "czar" Mark Lloyd, The Tides Foundation, Van Jones, Jeff Jones, The Weather Underground ect.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Since I do not watch him I have no idea what you are talking about but since everything that I have read that he claims makes no sense I would assume the same applies to whatever you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Right, you havent heard of them because he is the only one talking about them. The other media outlets are ignoring the issues related to these people and organizations because they are protecting "their" party. I thought the media wasnt suppose to have a party! Sensorship you could say. You dont have to like him or agree with him. It bothers me that no one else is talking about these issues.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Since I do not watch him I have no idea what you are talking about but since everything that I have read that he claims makes no sense I would assume the same applies to whatever you are talking about.

allow me to present this, then...

No accurate thinker will judge another person by that which the other person's enemies say about him. Napoleon Hill

Napoleon Hill, by the way, was one of this nation's first and greatest proponents of positive thought and believed man makes his own destiny in life based on a can-do attitude. Seems like a smart fella, huh?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That is a pretty big blanket you threw down there. So people who disagree with your views make you sick? Im not really sure I am following this.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

To me it's no different than the left wing of that same crumbling building. The one that Goldman Sachs paid four times the amount it paid McCain for in the last election.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Both FDR and Wilson lied us into wars. Like most presidents, they too were psychopathic mass-murderers.

Almost every war is founded on lies.

"Obama hates white people".

Glenn Beck jumped the shark a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I have come across his schitck more than once so as I said I am familar with him and his hysteronics.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

"Wah, wah, wah..... Glenn Beck thinks Tiger Woods is worse than Hitler!.... Wah, wah, wah!!!! I hate the right wing!!! I hate people who don't believe in my way of thinking!!! Wahhhhh!!!

I am personally sick of this right wing/left wing bs!!! We are Americans. You don't like his book? Don't read it. Don't bother commenting on something he said in the book if you don't bother reading what the rest of the book says. Oh, and don't forget who organized the 1.5 million person protest in washington on 9-12. It wasn't right wingers... it was Americans who were sick of getting their freedom taken from them.

Go eat a wamburger and some french cries.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The article in question explains it and it still doesn't make any sense. And I am not about to waste any time or brain cells reading becks dribble.

No offense, but it seems to me that if you haven't read the book and have no interest in reading the book, you're being awfully closed minded and unfair to Beck to criticize him for it. You're asking people to form an opinion based upon a rather poor summary written by someone who may or may not have an axe to grind.

Here's a question for you: should we judge *you* by the opinions and statements of your enemies?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

A big man can admit when he made a mistake, can you?

If you haven't noticed you have spent the last 2 pages defending yourself, don't you think that the article and you might have taken this list out of context and you let your prejudice against Beck blind you?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's not only Glenn Beck that's saying such dumb stuff, it's the large chunk of the right wing that agrees wholeheartedly (I'm not counting real conservatives, who actually have views that are intellectually defensible; they appear to be invisible these days). That, I think, is what is troublesome.

You have to take his comments in the context of a large number of Americans who, for example, happen to like their Social Security and Medicaid. Calling FDR the equivalent of Pol Pot or Hitler is just too far out there for many of them. It may be a joke, as burdman suggests (and I hope he's right), but the fact is there are no sane voices speaking for the right wing anymore, so one is forced to deal with what we get, and that is often an anti-intellectual extremism.

Until recently, I always thought Rush Limbaugh was a semi-lunatic entertainer who had a following among a certain element in America, but lately he's being taken seriously because the right has become an intellectual vacuum and in that company he seems like a genius.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Thank you.

I; as I have said repeatedly, caught beck's routine often enough so it is not like I am criticizing him blindly...I too would like to think it is a joke...but from what I have seen and read of the hard right lately I doubt it...as I have said before the right wing's sense of humor is often in very bad taste...

I recall a bumper sticker that was being sold at GOP gatherings in the early mid 80's that read...HIV...Killing all the right people...

So I have no problem believing that beck was serious...and an idiot.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by grover]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't listen to Rush. I watch Beck's TV program, but don't listen on the radio. I am a conservative, and can think for myself. And grover, unlike you, I find out what a man has to say before I make a judgement. You state you don't follow Beck, therefore, you don't have a right to an opinion about any thing he says or writes, unless you take the time to listen, or read to the whole thing, in order to make certain it has ot been taken out of context.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Sestias

Thank you.

I; as I have said repeatedly, caught beck's routine often enough so it is not like I am criticizing him blindly.

Besides its not like youse guys on the right don't criticize us liberals when you have no idea what you are talking about.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by grover]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Keep posting, Grover. Wimbly already explained it perfectly but you just can't seem to get a grip on reality, as usual. Face it - you screwed up in your interpretation of this "article" because of your hate for "right wingers" and Glenn Beck. Your making yourself look like a total idiot with each new post that you try to justify your position.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I used not to like the ignore button but I have come to appriciate it more and more.

goodbye sos37 I would like to say that it has been a pleasure sparring with you but my mommy told me never to lie.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You forgot Olberman on your list there buddy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join