It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Excellent work,

I think one of the reasons why we don't find remnants of the most ancient civilisations is that they were smaller, so what was an important city may be completely under some small town today and nobody knows about it.

Not smaller per-se, more localized, Atlantis was a maritime culture that existed on an archipelago of dozens of massive islands and worlds coasts, one landmark you can find is exactly 62.439 meters north of the statue of liberty, a tower standing approximately 150 feet above the sea floor.

The majority of the high technology civilization was on the coasts or landmasses that no longer exist (coastlines were between 50 and 200 miles into todays water bodies).

Sadly this forum does not allow me to create a thread right away but i will provide you guys with information about landmarks that can be checked (they're often near the places where some of you live).

The whole problem when discussing the antediluvian world was that Altantis existed during the glacial periods, back then much of the lands we live on today were covered in ice and the whole of civilized life was taking place on coastal belt that averaged 150 miles and massive islands of which the Azores, Bimini and some others are todays tiny remnant.

So yes there are some obvious remnants that can be found and i will list them as proof of what i'm here to get across to you people but majority of them are under the sea or under the sand.

The largest repository of antediluvian knowledge and technology is egypt, what is today hinted as an undeground labirynth is not underground at all, at a time when storage facilities where built on the Giza plateu about 13.000 years ago the region was a lush savanna today all these structures are below more than 10 meters of sand that accumulated when Sahara crept into then-green Egypt creating a layer of sand even 30 - 50 meters high.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It's taken me days just to get to page six - I got caught up in G20 threads and other threads and real life taking me away from this. I stopped reading - I'll go back and finish up - but I wanted to say a couple of things.

1. Great stuff Slayer, but you already know that.

2. As Dooper mentioned, so much has knowledge has been lost for so many different reasons. The OP sounds good to me, though.

3. We could also find much by digging under our own ancient cities. That show, Cities of the Underworld I believe it's called, sometimes is junk but sometimes is cool. I forget the one place they were at, where they had started digging hundreds, thousands of years ago, quarrying, and then dug down over the years. They quarried the caves out then quarried a level under that, and so on. Once they took lights in there to film, they noticed drawings made from the beginning of the digging at the top, a hundred or so feet. Pretty cool but damned if I can remember what that was all about, or even where it was. Just seeing the subway that used to be in use in Los Angeles was wild and I would bet most people that have lived all their lives there don't know about it. And that's recent history, think of Jerusalem or any really ancient city.

Great stuff, great read, thanks for the effort. This is why ATS can be such a great place at times.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Hey thanks.

Stay tuned for part 2.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Human origins and ancient civilisations are fascinating, I enjoyed that Slayer.

I had no clue that our Daintree was so old, only found that out very recently- the mangroves you mentioned beneath the Barrier Reef are thought to be 260 million years old- madness it's like my brain can't comprehend that!

Look forward to part 2.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So how long do we have to wait for part 2?

I have learned so much, in part 1 including the interactive map sites that have been posted, can't wait for part 2.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

It's in the works it may be a few more days.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
These guys

Never any PATIENCE

:shk:

Work work work they want it with a silver spoon...

Then a day later its forgotten as they scream MORE!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Remember....

You promised to stay on your side of China.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Surely it's "myopic" to dismiss the possibility out of hand. I have had the mechanism that formed the Giant's Causeway explained perfectly rationally. Nature is good at producing regular shapes in the course of crystallisation processes, but no mechanism has been put forward in anything but a tentative way to explain the formations at yonaguni. The formations on land in Okinawa and elsewhere on the same strata do not produce such perfect right-angles.

who says i dismissed it out of hand? it doesn't look perfectly right-angled tp me, it looks vastly more precise than normally seen in nature most of the time, but not its not impossible for things like this to form naturally.
hence my example of giants causeway, i mean we may know its natural now, but the people that called it that didn't.
thats why i don't agree with stuff being claimed to be man-made, because you don't expect nature to not create right-angles.
if other rock formations do not have such "perfect" angles, its probably, because the underwater formations were affected by earthquakes as well, i did read that they do sit on faultlines, so they may have been broken at angles.

None of the geologists I have read state categorically that the formations are natural, with NO human involvement whatsoever. They cannot be certain, yet people who do not know enough to be uncertain state, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are natural and usually insult anyone who says otherwise.

who says i'm saying it without a shadow of a doubt? it might be possible, i just highly doubt it since there are just as many other rock formations, that have the same look.
seems to me that someone folks just want it to be true without acknowledging the fact that natural forces can cause weird things to form.

Before you accuse anyone of short-sightedness, please explain the natural mechanism that caused this
Edit for numerous typos.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Karilla]

earthquakes seismic movement, erosion
of course there is also the fact that the pictures are not very good, need better pictures i think
is human basis possible? yes, but it doesn't seem as uniform as people would make it out to be.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by demongoat there is nothing before plato wrote about it.

How do you know what was written that was burned at Alexandria?

what you mean we don't have timaeus, critas? funny that they are the basis for a lot of philosophy and the sources for atlantis.
you can go read it right you know.
yet for some odd reason i find nothing about atlantis before that?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Remember....
You promised to stay on your side of China.

Hmmm Thou doth protest too much... what is hiding on the East

Me go see

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
If modern man is truly only 200,000 years old by some estimates and civilization only really began around the earliest signs of a sedentarization process which can be traced back to the Mediterranean region to as early as 12000 BC. Then just where the hell have we been for the preceding 165,000 to 188,000 years?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'VE BEEN SAYING THE SAME THING!!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This lady has said everything I was thinking of saying. So I second it.

OK thats it Slayer, you really need to get some backing and start making some serious documentaries. Your work is nothing short of brilliance and even though this is a subject that I have no clue as to truth or fiction, your presentation makes me believe that you and your theories have serious merit and need to be developed.

Obviously an amazing talent for these ancient (my favorite) subjects. For
years
I have poured over book after book, trying to satisfy my own curiousity
for the worlds megalithic structures. Everytime I see one of your threads,
I'm astounded at how much I have never seen. I thank you for that.
Bums me out when I think I will probly never get the chance to go and
see any of them.
I love this stuff.
Awesome thread young man .
Do i have to just watch for pt.2 ? Or maybe you could send me a
heads up?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah everybody who responded will get a heads up via U2U.

POPS!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
This lady has said everything I was thinking of saying. So I second it.

OK thats it Slayer, you really need to get some backing and start making some serious documentaries. Your work is nothing short of brilliance and even though this is a subject that I have no clue as to truth or fiction, your presentation makes me believe that you and your theories have serious merit and need to be developed.

Obviously an amazing talent for these ancient (my favorite) subjects. For
years
I have poured over book after book, trying to satisfy my own curiousity
for the worlds megalithic structures. Everytime I see one of your threads,
I'm astounded at how much I have never seen. I thank you for that.
Bums me out when I think I will probly never get the chance to go and
see any of them.
I love this stuff.
Awesome thread young man .
Do i have to just watch for pt.2 ? Or maybe you could send me a
heads up?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by randyvs]

This is slightly off topic, but i want to get it put down here while i have the chance...

...i assume you are older, as you call Slayer "young man". You also state you have read quite a few books on this topic. I would assume that you are well studied in the more "woo" aspects of this story given the two aforementioned statements. Correct me if i am wrong.

This is what interests me. I, too, am very well studied on several "woo" subjects. yet i frequently find new information that seems to have been available all along, yes inexplicably never crossed my eyes.

The same thing has been pointed out by Zorgon many, many times. I could hardly imagine someone more well studied than him (and i believe he is no spring chicken, either). He also frequently has pointed this out, and wondered if there was a timeslip or something happening, where a separate timeline got crossed with ours.

I am starting to see it so often i wonder if it hasn't happened all the time, forever. Like a normal process. In the not too distant past we would never have noticed something like this, as information was exchanged slowly and with greater effort than the internet provides. Now we can track informational changes, it seems, rather easily.

Talk about a great "web bot" type project: track the new information pieces that appear on the internet. Not hoaxes, just things that can be founded. Of course, relativity comes into play here, as the web bot server would be assumed to be the standard for where "here" is. It would only be able to measure changes relative to its position at that specific "time"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Quick comment from someone who has looked into Atlantis for a very long time:

There is a strong cause for Atlantis or at least what Plato was referring to having something to do with the Minoans of the Meditteranean. So you might be close to the mark there.

A comparative study of Minoan artifacts and images to those of ancient Egypt and that which Plato mentioned, should prove interesting.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Quick comment from someone who has looked into Atlantis for a very long time:

There is a strong cause for Atlantis or at least what Plato was referring to having something to do with the Minoans of the Meditteranean. So you might be close to the mark there.

A comparative study of Minoan artifacts and images to those of ancient Egypt and that which Plato mentioned, should prove interesting.

I believe the French looked at this in the 1920s.

The old joke was it took you 25 years to learn everything about Egyptian art, 20 years to learn all about Minoan art, 10 years to learn about the skill of comparating art - at which point you died.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ahhh...

Yeah I was thinking long and hard about including them in part 1 but I'll return to them. They are a bit of a mystery. Not what we have found but rather their development and the extent of their power at it's height.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I found this article about coloured flax fibres found in the clay in caves in Georgia. They are not visible to the naked eye and are, apparently, about 34,000 years old.

I don't know if this helps your theory or not, but it's interesting information and I think it's relevant.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I found this article today. Archaeologists have unearthed a Roman amphitheatre in what used to be a port called Portus.

The interesting thing is that it is now 2 miles inland, besides a modern Italian airport, proving that coastlines do change considerably over time. Of course, I realize that in this case we are looking at land being uncovered rather than deluged.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

(I should mention that this is the second time I have posted this article today. I've used it in one of my own threads, too).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a644d614fde3.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 1-10-2009 by berenike]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join