It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

slayer you can read a hundred book or a thousand or 11000 and regurg everything here but you know not a single one of those authors knew there was a sea on the north shore of greece at 10kbc and if they don't know the simple georaphy of the world we are talking about then their opinions are worth very little. there are fundamentals when you are looking for a thing that was somewhere and correct geography is the first one.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Howdy Slayer,

This fellow: (quote from his wiki page)

William James Sidis (April 1, 1898 – July 17, 1944) was an American child prodigy with exceptional mathematical and linguistic abilities. He became famous first for his precocity, and later for his eccentricity and withdrawal from the public eye. He avoided mathematics entirely in later life, writing on other subjects under a number of pseudonyms. With an estimated ratio IQ of over 250, he is often cited as one of the most intelligent people who ever lived.[1]

He could read american indian wampum, and based on wampum, for the pre revolutionary sections of his book, wrote a history of america.. (which is a complete mindblower - you wont learn this stuff in school or college )

He mentions Atlantis sevral times, in context...written in 1935

Atlantis' colonization westward had resulted in the Atlantean empire extending into Mexico, and into the North American prairies as far north as the Great Lakes, and to the mountains, both east and west. In the meantime, when the northern land-connection between Europe and America (possibly the original home of the red race) was submerged, the peoples who lived there were forced to the American side, and had to push further down the Atlantic coast, and into the same prairie region when the great ice sheet began to advance southward. These included the Iroquois nations, as well as the Algonquin stock, of which the Penacook nations are a prominent example.

This produced a constant pressure opposing the waves of Atlantean colonization coming up from the southward, so that the peoples coming from the northeastward were driven back into the north, and to the Atlantic coast region, the Appalachian mountain range forming a barrier against the invasion of the coastal region. But, with the submergence of Atlantis itself, the main strength was gone from the spread of prairie colonization, and the "Mound Builder" civilization which occupied most of North America several thousand years ago was now beset on all sides by the Atlantic peoples. The retreat was very slow, but eventually the Algonquins spread all over North America, while the Iroquois, the Waskoki, and others established themselves in various parts of the continent. Probably the Natchez, defeated and driven into the Mississippi River in 1732, represented the last remnants of the Mound Builders, the former lords of the American prairies.
Link to Chapter 1 The Tribes and the States "Red Race Pre-History"

This has only been on the net a few years, the manuscript has never been published. I have read through this only up to the Cincinnati Conspiracy (300 pages into this) (after Shay's failed rebellion), in 1787 in Philadelphia to create a strong, autocratic, central government, after sending Thomas Jefferson to France as "ambassador" to get him out of the way, the one where they discarded the Liberty Tree logo of the 1st Republic - The Pine Tree on a Red background and adopted the Eagle...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e4f3fce0609.gif[/atsimg]

I understand why this never was published, it couldn't ever be published, the truth being known would start a revolution..

[edit on 21-3-2010 by seataka]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

slayer you can read a hundred book or a thousand or 11000 and regurg everything here but you know not a single one of those authors knew there was a sea on the north shore of greece at 10kbc and if they don't know the simple georaphy of the world we are talking about then their opinions are worth very little. there are fundamentals when you are looking for a thing that was somewhere and correct geography is the first one.

You know...

Seriously? Whats the real story of man? I mean lets focus.

Thanks for the reply.

PEACE
Slay

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The real story of man?I believe there is much much more buried out there for us to learn from.Great post, looking forward to more of your digs..

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

Click here for more information.

the post said...

the real story of man is non racist, non nationalistic and our **** right to know.

...it wasn't evil.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Awesome stuff!

I think an ancient civilization of a global scale with tech equal to the 20th/21st century probably did exist, but there's not a whole lot of evidence found.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My take on this there does seem to be a fantastic amount of evidence to find. Oh if I had the money and time for it then I would investigate some of these offshore sites for archeological study. I've always loved this sub-matter of our view of history, of the chance that humans have been advanced so much longer before the supposed Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age, etc.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
First post outside of the New Member folder - Slayer, I wanted to echo others in saying this is a great thread. Archaeology was my first love and one that never fully went away, and the Atlantis myth is one of my all-time favourite topics (whether proving/disproving, I lap it up all the same) - you've hit both buttons with this thread and done a really good job with presenting your points

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Thanks Part II was about 65% done then I had a system crash and lost most of it about 2 months ago. I've slowly been working on it again and am alost nearing completion.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya
First post outside of the New Member folder - Slayer, I wanted to echo others in saying this is a great thread. Archaeology was my first love and one that never fully went away, and the Atlantis myth is one of my all-time favourite topics (whether proving/disproving, I lap it up all the same) - you've hit both buttons with this thread and done a really good job with presenting your points

Hey...

Congrats on joining ATS. I'll be looking forward to your input on other threads .

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
My take on this there does seem to be a fantastic amount of evidence to find. Oh if I had the money and time for it then I would investigate some of these offshore sites for archeological study. I've always loved this sub-matter of our view of history, of the chance that humans have been advanced so much longer before the supposed Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age, etc.

You know...

Speaking about the Iron age or the Bronze age. I'm some will be shocked to know that different cultures developed at different speeds and some where a lot more advanced than others. If this is true in the known chronological order then why couldn't there have been an even older culture that flirted with Bronze and Iron not to mention megaliths?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

You know...

Speaking about the Iron age or the Bronze age. I'm some will be shocked to know that different cultures developed at different speeds and some where a lot more advanced than others. If this is true in the known chronological order then why couldn't there have been an even older culture that flirted with Bronze and Iron not to mention megaliths?

Have you heard of Mu? I had a book I misplaced about its missing language.
Also I found this & thought it interesting.
Just food for thought.
da

en.wikipedia.org...

As a local catastrophe

The geological arguments that rule out "lost continents" do not rule out local catastrophes which may have changed the course of human history, such as the 80 m rise in the sea level over the last 12,000 years, the flooding of the Black Sea 7,600 years ago, and the eruption of Santorini 3,600 years ago.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

One of those possible local catastrophes is a possible flooding of the Mediterranean.

Some people think during the ice age the water levels were low enough to stop the Atlantic from "feeding" the Mediterranean, so the water level on the Mediterranean may have become very low and people started using the newly available lands.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Although I don't agree with you at least on Atlantis and it's location people are entitled to their own opinions.

You ask some good questions. There are some periods in human civilization which supposedly for thousands of years mankind was doing "nothing" and then all of a sudden civilizations, cities, and all forms of art appeared in different areas of the world. I don't think mankind was ever "doing nothing".

It takes time to build cities, and as time passes by such cities are expanded, or as it was more frequent back in the day cities, and villages were destroyed time and again only to be rebuilt.

Many cities lie on top of the foundations, and ruins of other ancient cities which were destroyed. This was a practice that has endured time, and in many, if not most sites where you can find ancient cities you will find this to be true.

I don't believe the claim that mankind has only been around for 200,000 years or so, and althought we are very ignorant as to our past, we are learning, or in this case re-learning slowly that the history of mankind is more, and more complex.

Just a couple of years back a race of "hobbit people" was discovered and it has been found out that they were an entirely different race of humans.

In many cultures you can find tales of "little people", and I am not talking about dwarfism, but rather another race of people who existed alongside humans, and at least in part these stories seem to have had some truth in them.

Just like the discovery of the "hobbit race" which sheds light into our past and shows that many legends, and old tales from the past had at least some truth in them, the history of mankind is in the same way being obscured by our own ignorance about our past.

The main problem which obscures our past is the inability of the "academic world" to want to accept any other point of view but that which they think happened.

Modern academia used to, and probably still are concentrating only on keeping "their side" of the story about human civilization, and any discoveries that don't conform with "their side" is immediately dismissed, discredited, and even hidden from the general public.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I find the anchient usage of stone in building to be amazing. In some cases it's almost as if someone used a portable laser and a gravitational displacement beam to cut and move massive blocks of stone.

They sure made buildings to last back in the day. Not like the flimsy buildings that they build today that fall down because they catch on fire.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Great work Slayer. I may not agree entirely with the Atlantis/Lemuria "myths" but your analysis shows, to say the least, great commitment and care. Keep up the good work and hurry with part 2

In nothing we trust:

I find the anchient usage of stone in building to be amazing. In some cases it's almost as if someone used a portable laser and a gravitational displacement beam to cut and move massive blocks of stone.

Why does it have to be lasers/beams? Why not aliens? Is it so hard to imagine people devoting their lives in erecting such building simply because they believed them to be of the utmost importance for them? Is it so hard to think that there is another way of doing things, a way that is NOT our current way? If you check the Pyramid threads (unfortunately I cannot remember the exact one, it is here in ATS though and should be found with a bit of patience), there is a simple way to move stone blocks weighing several tons, an American retired carpenter has put it to use and demonstrated it on cement blocks weighing up to almost 10 tons.

to several other posters that pondered searching/"digging" in what is now underwater areas near the coastlines of the Earth:
Cost will always be the major deciding factor concerning such undertakings. Cost and the seeming lack of reason to do it (if there is strong evidence that something would be found, I think a search expedition would be formed to investigate. Without any evidence of the sort, why bother?). I hope we can rise to the point that cost is not dictating each and every aspect of our lives one day, maybe then we can revive the lost feeling of "doing it because we want to", no matter how difficult it is or how long it will take

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
this is a excellent post bro great information

loved the video too

***************** stars across the board and applause i hope

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
WOW

This is one of the most amazingly well put together and well researched threads ever.
I wish I had something to contribute but I think you covered everything, lol.

S&F for sure.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thank you for this interesting look at a subject I love...ancient civilizations. I only disagree with you on the mythology aspect, and I believe a lot of information is indeed encoded into those stories. They are twisted by accident, and/or altered on purpose, but they have more relevance and truth than most people would have you believe. But, I totally respect your view, and can see where you are coming from on this point.

I think you hit on something with this thread. We always say that ancient civilizations spring up out of nowhere...well...you provide the answer. The progression is lost to us at the bottom of the ocean. And, it will be very hard to study these locations now, if not impossible.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join