It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harder To Believe In - God or Aliens?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
They way i see it is, that humans created god to solve the unsolved mysteries of the world a long, long time ago.

Back in the old days, when the average human didnt even know of a world that exists outside the boundaries of his or her country, when humans barely understood how the world functions, there were alot of questions. Questions that inspired fear among many, and to combat this fear, many people theorized of solutions and answers to calm down this fear of the unknown. These theories were elementry, because.. well, the world back then wasnt as 'advanced' and 'intelligent' and 'experienced' as ours, so most of the theories were mostly bout an all powerful being who one day decided to create the universe and start life. gradually this theory was widley accepted because it answered so many questions were answered with this theory.

Now we come up with more theories, each more elaborate then the next, answering more questions, and these answers to these questions seem to replace the old answers. So, rather then being poofed out of no were, the earth was created when the sun was created out of.. something (ok, i didnt do much research on this one) and, rather then being created by god, man was evolved from primative ancestors. Blah blah blah and so on.. so.. too many things contradicting the idea of a god.

So its much more easier to belive in aliens:

If you think of all the stars in our galaxy, and all the other galaxies in the universe, thats an enormous ammout, and if you think of all the planets that might be around with the stars, then that gives a high chance of life in the cosmos. So.. really... with all the possiblites... there must be.. there has to be.. life out there.. that we.. are not alone..

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I believe in God & Aliens equally. I believe God created aliens, aliens admit to there being a God (well, some do anyways) so for me it's not a question as to whether I find it easier to believe in one or the other. Both exist.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I completely agree with InanimateCarbonRod, im think on this exactly the way he does. And thats the base for my not beleiving in god a tiny tiny bit.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcrystal
I believe in God & Aliens equally. I believe God created aliens.b]

Thats very true I beleve in god and aliens equally and that god created aliens

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yes I too believe in this.The lord did not just make us humanbeings.He made many other beings of all shapes and sizes and cultures so that he may love more than just one type of beings.Thats why he made the universe so vast and ever lasting.

If all could just see things this way,maby there would'nt be so much anti christs around.

(I just wanted to give my deepest respect for any Muslims or Jews or Hindus that may of misperceived me when i said this.I resepect all other peoples beliefs also in their religons).

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
First of all, we seem to have a large nummber of atheists on ATS. Second, there's a lot of speculation that God is really an alien. Third, many people, atheists included, find it easier to believe all sorts of bizarre stories about aliens yet can't seem to simply believe in God without putting some twist on it.

First, yes, I can imagine we do. I'm one too.

Second, If god does infact exist and is 'alive', he is not human. And since he is not human, he is an alien, therefore making the statement about him being an alien true.

Third, I belive in life in outer space. But its the bizarre stories that are sometimes too bizarre to be real.

Its easier to belive in life in outer space, but less easier to belive in the stories, very hard to belive in the bizzare stories, but slightly eaiser to belive in god.

So it depends on how bizzare these alien stories get.

And we dont need to know why the galaxies in the universe are placed the way they are anymore then we need know know why my pencil is sitting perpendicular to my keyboard, about 1.2 inches away. Why should we?

Its just my opinion, though.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I like to add,....Well I dont go to church but I beleive in a god and know that someone is out there. I mean we're not alone are we?? What if we are, isn't that scarrrry. What if the bible never xisted. Who will we rely on. We know that there are flying objects out there and know that they're so much smarter then us. The bible talks about giants' so they existed, no question about it. I havent read it all but I'am sure it talks about ufos. What I think is that the aliens are part of us and part of one god and that same god is who created us. Every character in the bible is really interesting, but hard to beleive that they looked like us. They lived for a long time, "could this be time travel". How else could you live for a long time, but going back and forth trough worm wholes. Theres no way you could live 4 a long time. Well if I go passing the moon and Iam 15 and come back, probably like 1,000 years already passed. But faster than the speed of light of course. The person who created light is able to manipulated the correct way, so god must know how to travel in time. I think god looks human. The aliens who come to this earth come from another world and they know god exist, and also know that god was able to time travel. The aliens interacted with god long time ago. They know they were created to be smart just like we think we were created to fly airplanes, drive cars, create cmputers, build and destroy.....man I dont know if I beleive this! What do yall think, Do computers exist?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I CANNOT believe that this thread is still active half a year after it's inception. Absolutely AMAZING!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
When people talk about aliens we all know they mean the ones who pilot the Ufo's from other worlds, possibly the little gray guy's, but when they talk about God everybody just assumes there on the same page. I think Aliens were thought of as "Gods" but we never actually met the creater of the Universe. That's the God(Universe creator) that confuses me. I know Im just human and probably sound pretty naive but how can something just create itself/just exist? Isn't that like a major rule of physics or something? In a closed experiment something can not derive from nothing. Maybe thats just matter/energy and I am ignorrant to the other infinite possibilities.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Who is to say a world without God and Aliens can't exist? If you think about it, if another race of beings did exist somewhere out there we would be considered 'aliens' to them. So aliens aren't that far out after all, especially if we can be aliens.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The real question is - do people believe in God as the supreme Creator - or do people believe in a species of aliens as our "creators"? If one believes in God as the Creator of all - that's great! If some believe in "aliens" as our "creators" - well then who created these "aliens/gods"?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
CommonSense, you could ask the same thing about God the Creator.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
So if God created us all.

Who created God?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
So if God created us all.

Who created God?

It's a complex concept for humans to understand, but if you think about it, somewhere, something must have allready existed in order for anything to exist today.
Somewhere, something was never created, oprobably not even part of time as we know it. And this somewhere something created time and the world as we see it.

I think that something is God.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well commonsense i could go on and on about this cutting you down in every question or answer.Use you logic not your Church Brainwashed Mind.Why does there have to be a god i mean you ask questions who made the aliens but who made "god"he made him self allmighty....what are you thinking we dont know all the questions thats why religions live on it is easyer to say "oo forget it god made us why strain your brains looking for answers yust listen to what we say because we speak for god because the allmighty cannot speak for him self belive in him"how can you be so braindead.To me asking me if a belive in god is excatly the same as asking me if i belive in Santa Claus.Non of the britest minds in our century or before belived in god so the question is for the belivers are you on the level of 5 year old kids are you so brainwashed or just unable to think with your own minds.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That was one of the most ignorant replies in the last few threadpages pretorian, congratulations.
I am getting sick of the smallminded "christians don't think for themselves" replies that people who believe in a God get. What the hell do you expect us to say to you in the end?

Thing is, I KNOW God exists. It's not a matter of guessing or anything, I have just seen miracles happening in front of me. Nothing that you say is going to change that.
Now I could either choose to share what I think I know with you, but if you are only interested in being the "religion basher" I really don't see why I should share anything with you.

There are enough religionbashers on ATS you know, we really don't need you for that.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
well jakko affending you is not my point .But religion basher no i want to see religions destroyed because it is the "devil in disquise"and i dont belive in the devil and this is were i agree with the Illuminati comandments that religions should be destroyed if we were all to obey religius leaders we would be still living in the middle ages that is a fact I cannot talk to you like this writing every answer but let me say one of many reasons why am I anti-religion.Religion allowes evil to happen by pardoning people when they commit a killing of non-belivers or belivers that belive in a different way"o it is okay you killed for god"god cant do his dirty work for him self?and im not talking just about muslim extremists today the catolics did the same in the crusade wars so did the jews etc.So how is it in his interrest to allow killing in his name when he strictly forbidens it ooo wait i had a revelation it is in some people interests wow what could that mean is there god?
And please dont comment on stupid posts.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by Pretorian03]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Whats more believable...GOD or Aliens

In my opinion, neither are believable until you personally have an experience.

I've had experiences of both but still i dont believe. The reason i still dont believe is because it's only because i can relate them to GOD/Alien experiences that others have spoken about, that doesnt mean that they were, just that through media etc i can place them in a certain category.

Everyone has an opinion, it's just that everyone has a different one.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You are mixing so many things up in your story pretorian that it's not clear to me what you are against.
People have always killed and sinned, with and without religion.
Some abused religion to gain money and power, and some did the most horrible things in the name of their religion.

Everything is just very predictable and can not really be used as excuse to be against religion, you would have to be against humanity in general.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I believe that we were created by Aliens, but that there is a Creator(God) or some event that happend to create us but that creator has not made contact with us to create any religion. If you think about it, back in those times around 10A.D. the people would not know how to properly describe technology of today or our future. So if they saw alien technology, it could be described as fire, or lights in the sky,etc. The aliens could have terraformed Earth and that's was "the beginning". Maybe that event that created the Universe(I think I heard somehwere it was dimensions colliding), was where life began and spread out without the universe.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join