It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Ohio Sept 19 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Abductee Chick

Well.....it sure looked like a plane to me. I could hear engine noise in the background too, that sounded like it got louder as the object came closer. I don't agree with whoever said it didn't show movement, because there is nothing in the background to compare it to. The angles of the lights with regard to each other indicated an approaching object with fixed lights on the structure.

Maybe there was something else to indicate something weird, that isn't on the video. But, from that, I think it's a small to medium sized airplane.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Interesting. I saw something strange here in southern California on Tuesday except it was 2:30 in the afternoon. It looked like a star no flashing or movement for about 2-3 min. Then another identical object appeared at it's 4 o'clock, moved counter clockwise to it's 12 o'clock then just vanished. The stationary object then moved slow & steady north-northwest. I reported it to mufon. Sorry, I was at work so no vid or pics.

BTW I've never seen a ufo before & it was less than a week after joining ATS!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

I joined 5 days before I saw what I saw last night. I joined this site more for the political insite and to look up things about 2012. I didn't think I'd be posting my own experience less than a week later.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I saw them as well. In Maine. I was with 4 others camping on a canoe trip. We saw meteorites, small planes, high altitude passenger jets, etc. We saw exactly what is in your video to the west as well as the east. They got the entire groups attention and were not normal.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
INNERESTIN!

Love little movies like this. I like to tear em apart and re-edit the video. So far, I've been able to stabilize most of the shot. There is an identifiable structure between the central light (apprently this turns into two lights later, one flashing at regular intervals, one solid on) and the two lights to either side. You said in the video that the lights were colored, but either the youtube compression washed out the video or your camera didn't capture it appropriately. On a standard aircraft, there are red and blue lights on opposite wingtips. This is to signify to other craft which direction the craft is traveling. Were the side lights blue and red? If not, what colors were they? The two central lights were brighter and more clearly defined. Possibly searchlights. If it had been a helicopter, it was close enough to you that you should have heard it. However, the treeline at the end of the video which the craft moved into could have been thick and rugged enough to have muffled the sound.

Any chance you can upload this video elsewhere at a higher resolution? Perhaps post the highest-resolution image you can of it?

Also, about your surrounding area. Any chance we can get a picture of the direction you were shooting during the day time? That way we can see what the terrain looks like and possibly a support structure for a stationary object or something that might explain the event?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I just found this recent sighting report on the mufon website:

"Long Description of Sighting Report

My husband and I headed outside to close up the chicken pen as they were all in the coop for the night. I had to take a flashlight out with me as it would be dark inside the coop but it wasn't quite dark outside yet. I closed and locked the door and my husband was standing on the back porch and I looked up and seen a BRIGHT triangular shaped object followed by a large military jet. They seemed to only be at an altitude of 2000 ft and were traveling at a very low speed. So slow my husband commented on how are they staying up? We watched them travel directly from south to north and they were directly over top of us and we could see clearly a triangular shape with two lights on the "underbelly" and it also glowed very brightly white. It was followed by the jet approximately 100 ft behind. We could see both as plain as day. We live on top of a hill and had a clear view of it for several minutes, and at the last sight of it it turned and headed more in a north westerly direction.
I hesiated about reporting this event until my mother was told by someone there was a jet reportedly following an "ice ball" ??? This was no ice ball, we could hear the jet plainly but no sound from the larger triangular shaped object in front of it. It was flying, no ice ball can do that! It was seen in northern lower Michigan."

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

There was a plane that came in after what I/we saw last night as well, but it was a few miles behind it and looked more like a commercial passenger plane than a military aircraft. As I stated in my original post, commercial jets fly over this same flightpath every 30 seconds or so, but after this 1 plane came ( after the flying triangle ) we didn't see another plane for the rest of the time we were there. It would have been at least another 20 minutes before we headed home and we didn't see a single passenger plane coming or going after that, just the extremely high flying planes that looked more like fighter planes than passenger planes. I've seen them often up there and I don't even think passenger planes go as high as these do.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Interesting video, thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, there is nothing shown that would infer anything other than a plane.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I took some snapshots of the video and I think these show that the UFO is saucer shaped. These are right at the end of the video, so maybe some people didn't bother to watch the whole thing.

Throughout the whole video the object kept a saucer-like shape. No wing lights. Nothing. So now after seeing this, what could it be?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by afterschoolfun

Not trying to debunk anything, but those pictures above point to an aircraft of terrestrial origins more than the video. The first one looks like a front and rear light mounted on the fuselage of the airplane, with a light on each of its wings...in the picture it looks to be climbing while banking to its right. The second one looks like wing mounted lights with bright landing lights turned on in the middle.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest, I *see* no reason to be skeptical. It's what I don't hear that makes me think. No staccato beating of the rotors for a helicopter. No whine of engines heard from an airplane. You can hear the wind. You can hear the camerawoman... can't hear anything else. It doesn't move like an airplane. They have to be going forward or they will fall. I'm no aeronautical engineer, but I'm pretty sure that's probably true. That leaves a balloon or blimp, a chopper, possibly Dorothy's house floated over from Kansas. Not a chance of getting clearer on the images or video.

We'll have to guess, but opening your imagination to the possiblities is what makes this fun!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

BLAM! BLAM!

This looks promising i must say!
the lights of this unknown thing move slower than normal, more pulsating, definitly worth looking into...

Can you maybe describe what the place of the sighting looks like when the sun is shining?
Can you maybe take the camera and film the place in daylight, so we can compare?...

Thank you!

[edit on 20-9-2009 by TOM-BOLA]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am glad to hear different points of view. There is both confirming and conflicting opinions regarding the identity of this object. I have no doubt and knew there would be some people who would want to dissect the video. As I stated prior to uploading the video, my goal was to only share with the rest of you what I had experienced. There will always be people who will go to any lengths to take the spotlight away from a video and put it on them self as the "official debunker/investigator." Some, not all, points in the video has the object looking like a plane to some, a blimp to others and even the most closed minded think it's all balloons and glow sticks. Just because an object appears at one angle to be something a person has seen before, does not mean that is what it is. May as well compare apples to oranges. They are both round and a fruit, but they are different from each other. I am surprised that only a few on here have grasped the concept that any ET or secret gov/mil vehicle would want to try to blend in with normal air traffic, especially when flying low like that. Strobing lights is not the same as blinking FAA lights.
What I filmed last night is for all to see. It is the original footage and original length. I will not jump through hoops by uploading the same footage to another site for the few who are only out to discredit the video to put their own opinion as the word set in stone. I will film a daytime and dusk shot to show there is no fixed object there. I will also film the treeline where I lost sight of the object. I will have the comparison footage up by tomorrow.
To the ones who's opinion is that it is helicopter, plane or blimp, well, then you've made up your mind and there's no point in looking into this video any further. I am not here to convince anyone of anything.
For the majority of us with open minds this video has kept our minds open and eyes to the sky.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Abductee Chick]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Good video. It looks what could have cauded the light display we all saw in Glasgow on 15th september at 9 - 10pm. I posted about it in another thread, you should check it out.

S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
To me it looks like a small aircraft with wing and tail lights strobing. (That by no means means I'm right, however.) Technically, this is still a UFO in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Very neat capture. The flashing light strikes a note with me though... I have seen dozens of UFOs, they do seem to strobe but more electrically pulsed... not so much timed as it appears there.

In case anyone was wondering, I live in British Columbia, and the dozens I have seen are mostly in/around the island of Saltzspring B.C, Canada.

(I have compared them to planes+sats+meteors+space station+anything imaginable we could've put up there

I don't know what to say about your video though pal. It doesn't look like anything i've seen that is supposed to be. You can pause the video and clearly make out the oblong shape and odd proportioned light fixtures... Unknown, I find it interesting other posters have shared similar experiences.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I ask again, where at in Ohio? I am also in NE ohio and very curious as to where you saw this.

Be In Peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The video itself is pretty cool how the lights go from side to side kindda like "kit" from night rider the one with hasselhoff tho

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Star & Flag for the OP! Great footage ! You appear a very credible and together person and even if you could, wouldn't cgi something for an attention thrill. I find you to be like many people who are stepping forward and putting themselves out there with what they've observed in the night sky.
I saw an object similar to this last week in California. I thought it was a star rising over the horizon. a white light, then the light was gone and it started blinking red, green blue flashes. I then thought it was a plane but the flashing lights weren't sequential and didn't look like any plane lights I had ever seen. They were random, sometimes dark for a moment and then a flurry of lights again. I have NO Idea what that was. We are on the flight path for San Francisco & San Jose, CA airports....but never saw lights like that, ever. I am not saying it's from another world, but saying it was unlike anything I've seen in all my years of sky watching.

There were 3 similar objects recorded near the Lawrence Livermore Lab a few weeks ago during a huge wild fire in the canyons near the lab. Weren't choppers or planes but UFO's...

Thanks for being brave and posting your footage. Very interesting and authentic looking. I think we are going to see more and more of these atmospheric phenomena...us/them/the others doesn't matter. They are UFO's until identified.

Eyes to the Sky,
Synth

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm east of you by about 20 miles just inside PA near the air base, actually right in the flyzone for landings and takeoffs and maneuvers, I've seen all types of aircraft fly in and out of there. This isn't something I've ever seen. Its not Chopper owned by anyone, or a Plane, now I really dont care what anyone says because I know what I saw. I walked outside on front porch to have a smoke, facing Ohio, sat down and saw a violet light, bright violet moving quickly from Ohio into Pa, nice straight line not very high up, I watched it, thought maybe weird meteor or something but it never burned up never lost angle and fell, so I leaned against a post to steady my reference, it kept moving then stopped, if I drew a line staright down it would have been over the Shenango Damn waters, it got dim turned like a robin egg blue, released 3 little white lights, one at a time, from left view point to right, like a triangle pattern, this took about 2 3 minutes total, then it rose straight up, moved left really fast then right really fast, then just took off, I just kept thinking, If I can see them, can they see me, with technology like that, I cant help but think they see everything below them, I dont care who believes me, I know what I saw, and thats the way it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join