It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A could take over the world if they wanted to. Could they???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
America has already "taken over the world". Maybe I should be more specific. Those who control America have used it to take over the world.

As technology has developed we have seen the world get smaller and smaller. America has been a launch pad for that global imperial dream that dictatorial megalomaniacs have always wished for.

Wasn't it Sun Tzu that said it is better to win before even raising your weapon? America didn't need to take over the world with wars. Although it has been necessary from time to time I would argue that their main asset is subversion.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Why do cornballs continuously mention the USA's debt?
Who the hell is going to make us pay the debt?
Seriously?

I honestly want to know.

In Mono E Mono, no army could compete with the USA in war, just plain and simple.

That is one of the most stupid comments, so you think that refusing to pay back any national debt wouldn't result in huge and I mean HUGE repercussions to the entire US populus, including trade enbargos, the US credit rating going throught the floor and no country would dare have dealings with you until the debt had at least been partially repaid.

In doing so, you counry would be bankrupt, you wouldn't have money to put a single aircrapt in the air let alone wage a war.

As a country, the UK were in debt to the USA for over 60 years for WWII and it crippled our economy at points, and we are meant to be allies, imagine how an enemy would respond....

Refusing to payback debts isn't an option (if you are capable of it), the World bank wouldn't allow it (and yes...there is suh a thing if you didn't already know)

Britain are trying to reduce a national debt of something in the region £4,000 billion (or £4 trillion) and we are in a crisis on how it is going to effect each and everyone of us longterm. Whereas the USA debt is basically $13,000 billion (or $13 trillion),

According to the Tax Foundation’s Microsimulation Model, to erase the U.S. budget deficit for 2010, the U.S. Congress would have to multiply the tax rate for every American by 2.4.

That would mean that the 10 percent tax rate would become 24 percent, the 15 percent tax rate would become 36 percent, and the 35 percent tax rate would have to be 85 percent.

Would you like to pay 85 percent of your income in taxes?

An this won't even clear one cent from you outstanding $13,000,000,000,000.00 debt of which leeaves each and everyone of you $42,000 liable..... scarey huh.

As for who is taking on the USA's debt..... step forward China and the like. (en.wikipedia.org... )

Have you even wondoered why the USD is in such a poor state, so going back to the original post, yes your National debt has HUGE implications on whom you ever decide to take a disliking to in the future.

edit on 14/11/10 by Farnet because: added link

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnet

23trillion barrels of oil in reserve. we couldjust sell em all for a dollar and pay off our debt but if we do that the economy will collapse and no one could fight.
If we were invaded we wouldjust destroy the ozone layer so gtfo. USA has to stay indebt for now otherwise china will collapse. Russia would just mind their own bussiness and ignore us.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The USA could NOT take on the world.

they can barely win a war these days.

Plus, you can have all the weapons in the world (or pretend you do) but if you have a nation of idiots in charge of them then the only people they will kill is themselves.

The USA can't even deal with its own in house problems, plus to win a war you need brains and strategy something the USA does not have. They try to win by brute force, which in today's world is not enough anymore.

They LOST the Vietnam war and are losing the war in Afghanistan (no matter how much spin they feed to their gullible citizens). So two wars against relatively decent opponents and they are all over the place.

Russian and China certainly do not fear the USA. Plus the combined armies of Europe - the US would not stand a chance. To many idiots running around with guns and missiles and arguing over who is in charge.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by trentyh
reply to post by Farnet

23trillion barrels of oil in reserve. we couldjust sell em all for a dollar and pay off our debt but if we do that the economy will collapse and no one could fight.
If we were invaded we wouldjust destroy the ozone layer so gtfo. USA has to stay indebt for now otherwise china will collapse. Russia would just mind their own bussiness and ignore us.

Erm you miss the point, it is China that you are in debt to, whichever way you decide as a country to pay the debt it will be to them, whatever happens to the USA, China are laughing all the way to the bank.

They truley have you by the short and curlies, and this is in the real world, not hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
America taking over the world...Yeahhhhhhhhhhh.....sure.....Let's say China invades America and only decides to send people/soldiers with enough ammunition to shoot 200 Americans each, by the time the take over would be done, the Chinese would still have enough amo to take over Canada.

Economically speaking, all China has to do to bring the U.S. to it's knees would be to "dump" all it U.S. money back on the market when the U.S. are printing more like they are now. The value of the American dollar would be so low that it would cost the U.S. Trillion to import Millions worth of stuff and we all know that the U.S. is not an exporter of goods so.....No revenue = bankrupt nation.

The U.S. owns nothing and I'm sorry to say that right now it's got it's tail between it's legs and whimpering like a beat up old dog !

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

you made absouloutely no sense with that China would have to get here first and by the way the Canadian miilitary is nothing to # with they will become a top dog someday all theyre missing is population.I said they were weak earlier until i researched in depth about them. It would take 3 united factions to take most of the world this being the EU russia and china. They could conquer most of the world til the USA stepped in with the support of the Western hemisphere and saying idiots with guns cant win wars is a lie back when the british were the most powerful army in the world the 13 colonies using 2nd grade weapons and people fought them very well. Our country had to form from a war. Most americans are not idiouts some are some arent i for example have a IQ of 123. America is extrememly smart but it takes more commitment to show it then just be it.

Russia is feigning military strength right now because their days as a super power are done they invaded Georgia to show they can take on a really weak nation. If the US went all out in the middle east we would have 5 new provinces and alot of atrocities on our hand.

If youll care to notice how well we are actually doing in Afghanistan i will tell you we have lost like 30000 soldiers and killed nearly 90% of the enemies inside that country. If the EU tried to take us we could take most of their support elements out immediately due to our 23 bases there and our access to theirs before they know whats happening half of their tech. machinery and guns could be in flames.

We could destroy society several times over by using our coventional arsenal. I am gonna get shot down for saying this but Russia hasn`t had a silo support team for several years now and most of their nuclear warhead will not fire.

USA could fund a war as it is we hold 55% of the worlds money. Also if we recalled all outstanding loans then the world would be a very sucky place for Israel Africa and alot of Europe.

Russia and China both can not feed their armies russians right now are starving and if China only fed its army there would be a uprising.

To finish this our gov.can kill 2.8 billion people with only our nuclear arsenal along with our conventional its like 3.5 billion not counting any fallout or nuclear winter no country will invade us because the citizens will push for nuclear war yes we need them and we hope they will never be used.

as Albert Einstein said "i dont know what the third world war will be fought with but i can tell you the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones"
i would correct my spelling but im too damn lazy

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Russia is feigning military strength right now because their days as a super power are done they invaded Georgia to show they can take on a really weak nation. If the US went all out in the middle east we would have 5 new provinces and alot of atrocities on our hand.

Russian invaded Georgia because A: Georgian soldiers turned on Russian peacekeepers in the region and shot them (17 I think) and B: Georgia started shelling cities of ethnic Russians.

Russia sent in a moderately equipped Caucaus task force and within a week they cleaned house in Georgia. Georgia is a relatively weak nation? They were funded, trained and supplied by the Americans. They managed to do some damage to Russian hardware and kill a few hundred Russian soldiers, but in the end, it doesn't pay to kill Russians and expect to get away with it.

If youll care to notice how well we are actually doing in Afghanistan i will tell you we have lost like 30000 soldiers and killed nearly 90% of the enemies inside that country. If the EU tried to take us we could take most of their support elements out immediately due to our 23 bases there and our access to theirs before they know whats happening half of their tech. machinery and guns could be in flames.

You're facts on Afghanistan are made up.

Why would US fight EU? And what makes you think the EU would just leave American bases untouched if their are signs of an American invasion looming? An American base, surrounded by European forces, isn't going to accompish much more than a bunch of dead and captured Americans plus a new base for the EU.

We could destroy society several times over by using our coventional arsenal. I am gonna get shot down for saying this but Russia hasn`t had a silo support team for several years now and most of their nuclear warhead will not fire.

More made up nonesense. Look up SS-20, Topols, Topol-Ms, Bulavas, Scapels, etc. Russia has lots of missile bases and mobile ICBM launchers spaced out all over Russian land.

USA could fund a war as it is we hold 55% of the worlds money. Also if we recalled all outstanding loans then the world would be a very sucky place for Israel Africa and alot of Europe.

HAHAHAHA. No, the US does not hold 55% of the world's money, because if it did then you country would not be crumbling now would it? Maybe American based corporations hold that much money, but the US government sure doesn't.

Money is far from everything in war. US will suffer greatly from propaganda and black operations against it. I thought all Americans aren't warmongers like their government, so how would the US be able to mobilize a total war effort when the will just isn't there?

Russia and China both can not feed their armies russians right now are starving and if China only fed its army there would be a uprising.

Right....

i would correct my spelling but im too damn lazy

You should work on correcting your information too.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

The worlds leaders are all friends.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
US can, but they fear Russian Nukes that's the problem, neither wants a nuclear holocaust.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
Economically speaking, all China has to do to bring the U.S. to it's knees would be to "dump" all it U.S. money back on the market when the U.S. are printing more like they are now. The value of the American dollar would be so low that it would cost the U.S. Trillion to import Millions worth of stuff and we all know that the U.S. is not an exporter of goods so.....No revenue = bankrupt nation.

And if that happens, what do you think will happen to the rest of the world? Do you think that every other country will be able to buy the crap that China makes to make up for the shortfall after the US goes belly-up and is unable to buy anything from them? I mean, how many billions of dollars of goods does the US buy every year from China? Can Europe, Africa, etc pick up the slack?

Nah, if China does that, they (and every other country out there), will get kicked in the teeth just as hard.

The U.S. owns nothing and I'm sorry to say that right now it's got it's tail between it's legs and whimpering like a beat up old dog !

Whatever.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Russia sent in a moderately equipped Caucaus task force and within a week they cleaned house in Georgia. Georgia is a relatively weak nation? They were funded, trained and supplied by the Americans. They managed to do some damage to Russian hardware and kill a few hundred Russian soldiers, but in the end, it doesn't pay to kill Russians and expect to get away with it.

And? Your point is? Fighting troops trained by the US isn't the same as fighting US Troops. Sorry 'bout that.

Why would US fight EU? And what makes you think the EU would just leave American bases untouched if their are signs of an American invasion looming? An American base, surrounded by European forces, isn't going to accompish much more than a bunch of dead and captured Americans plus a new base for the EU.

And it's been pointed out to you once before, do you honestly think that the EU will be able to overrun those bases without a fight? And be able to take them completely intact? Ain't gonna happen, Slick.

More made up nonesense. Look up SS-20, Topols, Topol-Ms, Bulavas, Scapels, etc. Russia has lots of missile bases and mobile ICBM launchers spaced out all over Russian land.

And you don't think that the US is tracking the majority of these?

You should work on correcting your information too.

You do, too. You talk about propaganda, yet you seem to be swallowing quite a bit of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
my information is not made up its coming off the top of my head however if you want me to find the real numbers i can it was a estimate. Do you honestly think the bases in Europe will not be reinforced if a war is coming there we would be reinforcing every base in Europe.

Also do you honestly think us and russia will ever go to war no we get to much from appearing like enemies i find russian people a very nice kind of people. The only countries that could possibly go to war are China and India because as it is alot of spies from each are being found not common amounts talking about 100+

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
As a famous rap group once said " Mo money Mo problems"

The more of anything you have, the more problems you get,

Anything to an excess is bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

And if that happens, what do you think will happen to the rest of the world? Do you think that every other country will be able to buy the crap that China makes to make up for the shortfall after the US goes belly-up and is unable to buy anything from them? I mean, how many billions of dollars of goods does the US buy every year from China? Can Europe, Africa, etc pick up the slack?

Nah, if China does that, they (and every other country out there), will get kicked in the teeth just as hard.

Whatever.

What I'm trying to get across is that if any nation wants to go to war, like China for example, it would drop it's U.S. money on the market and create a very plausible scenario for global war. It would impact WORLD economy, absolutely but...It would force everyone to pick sides, wouldn't it?

When I posted the "tail between the legs" thing...I mean purely political, The armed forces are more than ready to go to way, that I am more than sure of, however the political will and back bone is simply not there.Same for most of the population right now, the majority don't want the troops in Ghani right now. It would take a major hit on the U.S. to motivate the population to "push" the government in to a world war.

A lot of countries are starting to flex their "war muscles" and talking sh!t, what is MoBamah doing ? Being a diplomat and bowing to every leader he meets.

The U.S. is in no position to piss off anyone right now, Bush made a political mess and MoBamah is whipping the mess like a 2 year old with a sponge...LOL

North Korea, Russia, China, Iran, Venezuela( I know but look at what they are dealing with Russia) and my prediction Japan ( there are still pissed off in my opinion )
Will eventually get real tired of the U.S. and the supremacy complex...... When they do and unite...Hummmm It's going to be a real bloody mess I garanFOOKINteee it !

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

They will unite only to topple the US; the result will be a power vacuum of rising powers fighting for the top spot. This is my prediction of our next world war, and it's not going to be pretty. I personally think it will turn into one global chaotic free-for-all.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You can look to China to fill that void. I only hope they leave us Canadians alone...LOL

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

china cant compete they would have to spend a ungodly amount of money to become anywhere near the power the USA and is the USA topples the worlds coming with us because we have a policy us or nothing if the government loses a war than all our nuclear warheads go off and destroy predesignated targets not to mention our nuclear arsenal is equal to the energy of the spin of earth

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by trentyh

not to mention our nuclear arsenal is equal to the energy of the spin of earth

I guess in the great international fight for the country with the largest penis the US wins then, right?

You know, just because you can afford to buy and drive a hummer, doesn't mean it's going to get you to work any faster or safer than a civic. In fact, it's gonna cost you a lot more in terms of gas, maintenance and environmental costs. Bigger is not better, it's actually worse.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by trentyh

china cant compete they would have to spend a ungodly amount of money to become anywhere near the power the USA and is the USA topples the worlds coming with us because we have a policy us or nothing if the government loses a war than all our nuclear warheads go off and destroy predesignated targets not to mention our nuclear arsenal is equal to the energy of the spin of earth

Yeah yeah and your dad is stronger than my dad...sure....Look, like it or lump it China, if it wants to, could take the U.S. in a single swoop, in numbers and in arsenal. Not only that...you think Japan would stand by and watch...Hell no....It's still pissed off about Hiroshima and Nagasaki....If they see an open wound in the U.S. strong hold...They will take advantage and strike as well. You say the U.S. has enough nuke power to equal the energy it takes to spin the planet and that the U.S. mentality is "us or nothing"....Hummm......sound like you are a radical, an extremist, maybe even a fascist and could I go as far as calling your attitude as " extremely dangerous", you think like a Japanese kamikaze or a Islamic extremist terrorist....Wake up...The U.S. would surrender before nuking the planet and itself....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join