It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A could take over the world if they wanted to. Could they???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Er, which wars has America won???

second

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Er, which wars has America won???

second

North Korea => Wouldn't call it a win

Vietnam => FAIL
Bay of Pigs => FAIL
Gulf War => Semi-win...Saddam staid in power
Afghanistan => EPIC FAIL
Iraq => Bush said we won in 2003...I strongly disagree!

They did win WW2 though...in 1945.

No one's arguing the US military strength when it comes to weapons technology and troops training...but that alone doesn't win wars. Anyone claiming the US could just take over the world militarily is delusional, lol.

But looking at those wars objectively, one has to wonder what else could have been done with all that money. Of course then the weapons industry and industries that benefit from wars (oil, etc.) wouldn't have made as much money. Of course they are not responsible for sending the US to war that often, it's not as if major players in the oil and weapons industry are also big players in the government...oh...waaaaaaaaait a second!!

edit on 30-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beausant91
its only us brits who dont hate the USA we just have this sort of unexplainable link because we are both english speaking countries

The United States will NOT be a English speaking country by 2020. The illegal immigrants/ legal latino's are breeding like rabbits and will be the majority in 2020.

By default our official language will change then. Your countries leaders are fools. Can you imagine America's military being controlled by the Mexican Drug Cartels in 2020?

Your country should be building more military hardware....not cutting production. Wasting your funds on social benefits will be England's demise....and thinking America will always be there for you. We're dying.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

not many have taken us on one to one.

back farther in history there are better examples.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by trentyh
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

LOL who cares about speed?
Bigger was not a case here energy was. dumbass.....

Who are you calling a dumbass?

Russia has the biggest bomb why they cant hit acurately

No not really. They developed it because they wanted a large, conventional blast that can take out a large amount of personnel through a vacuum detonation (which is extremely destructive to the human body, including ripping your lungs right out of your mouth). It just happened to be larger than the MOAB.

USA has 100 25 megaton bombs equaling 2500 megatons or for your dumbass enough to end life. 2500 megatons is the force of which it would take to shatter the crust and/or the atmosphere. Bigger is not always better.
Bigger and stronger usually is.Bigger with brains and strength is downright beast and guess what the USA and a few other select countries are the last option bitch

Man, you don't know sh*t about US military capability, so maybe you shouldn't even comment on any other forces if you can't even portray your own properly.

Sarcasm was not needed all i meant to say was no SINGLE country excluding Russia could take us head on and have a chance. Aside from that point the USA has and will continue to screw with Russian affairs were not scared of Russia WHY? because we both know each others black projects and guess what i guarantee there is a weapon more powerful than a nuclear weapon we both have..

In the gulf war the USSR said hurry up or were coming in. The USA said prepare for a nuclear war if that happens. USSR stayed out.
USSR had more balls than russia. and they wouldnt # with us.

US doesn't directly mess with Russia. It has nothing to do with nuclear weapons, which you are so obsessed with; it has to do with politics and economics. US is hated by the world and now it is in infinite debt, Russia does not BS around and has no debt as it is a major player in controlling Europe through energy needs.

I would like to see the US stand up to Russia in modern times. They can't.

The Russians have DEATH-HAND i believe someone said early that there would probably be 50 nuclear warheads hitting that thing so............. No hard ware no software right?????

DEADHAND is a policy, not "hardware" or "software" or whatever you may think it is. If the Russian political brass is wiped out in an attack, then DEADHAND policy will come into action: All Russian ready-to-launch nukes will be launched against pre-designated targets. All loaded nuclear weapons IN THE WORLD have pre-designated targets (that's the whole point of MAD).

If the Kremlin is nuked by radical fascist Americans, then the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces launch their deployed missiles and over 100,000,000 Americans die in under three hours. Got it?

Lets face it world vs USA conventionally
USA would lose but at the very least 30% of the worlds armed forces would be killed.

US's conventional army is over-propagated, IMO. The basic facts are that the US has a large military that is NOT self-reliant, but rather all interconnected in complex networks with expensive equipment. Russians aren't stupid, if they get into a battle with the Americans what do you think they would attack? Carriers, AWACS, GPS satellites, anything that plays a key role in "command and control". Without communications, American technology becomes useless.

Now lets be logical here were not going down without a fight so prepare yourselves for a nuclear holocaust.
If you haven't noticed recently were starting to ally ourselves with Russia,

Alliance between the US and Russia? Really now, do you not perceive that thing called history?

Further point China couldn't go to war we wouldn't pay our debt end result nuclear war.
EU couldn't take on our navy or air-force . Sure they have the most advanced warships on the planet. 300+ cruise missiles flying at you. Call your wife and say by

American pride will be the final desire committed before their downfall. Keep thinking your army is so great.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by MrXYZ

not many have taken us on one to one.

back farther in history there are better examples.

Well, taking on the world wouldn't exactly be a one to one either

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

i just don't think we would really, really want to take over the world anyway.

that would mean occupation, impossible for any one country on earth, at this time.

think the gov is bad now?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

What they should do is either live or not Let all who want war /fight in war,

Pick all the old testing grounds back in the day ,be the places for the Octagons ..lol Film it ,sell tickets/payper view

Limit only is one to ratio, men to men/women to women ,no bio, or nikes , and you have to want to play cant be forced, but other then that anything inside the battle ground is no holds bar , have the frigg at it till your lil life is content,

They all get 6 months to train / plan, 2 battles a year, in no mans land to level the playing field (no home field advantage), Winner gets to have their currency be the (reserve currency) for the reign of the 6 months!!! woo hoo that would spice up wall street / main street and get all involved one way or another juices flowing

If china wants to test them selves they think they can win and want to make some more money for their country ,let them try if they win make the best of it for 6 months incase you are dethroned 6 months latter.

If china challenges lets say great great britain/(champs at the moment) so bet it ,

Anyone can fight for any side,(if you are a war hungry guy/gal and your soul is bound to die on the battle field then so be it do your thing my prayers are with you) you can fight to help an ally or sit one out heal up then back at it.

You can do it until your hearts content or until you fullfill your souls destiny .

In this day and age the ticket sales/pay perveiw would get most countries outa debt win loose or draw lol
edit on 1-12-2010 by controlled chaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
they cant even beat the afgans, how the hell are they going to control the world?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
they cant even beat the afgans, how the hell are they going to control the world?

How do you know what they are doing there?

War is money and the longer it goes on someone in making loads of it.

The ptb win as people think too naively about stuff, and you think everyone has good intentions.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
War is good for taking over at least parts of the world...

U.S. Army Unveils 'Revolutionary' XM25 Rifle in Afghanistan:
The U.S. Army, after seven years of development, has unleashed a new weapon in Afghanistan -- the XM25 Counter Defilade Target Engagement System, a high-tech rifle that can be easily programmed to detonate either in front of or behind a target.

We wouldn't be putting together this kind of technology if there wasn't a use for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Man, you don't know sh*t about US military capability, so maybe you shouldn't even comment on any other forces if you can't even portray your own properly.

Well, your knowledge is lacking a bit, too.......

US doesn't directly mess with Russia. It has nothing to do with nuclear weapons, which you are so obsessed with; it has to do with politics and economics. US is hated by the world and now it is in infinite debt, Russia does not BS around and has no debt as it is a major player in controlling Europe through energy needs.

I wouldn't get all gushy about the Russian Financial situation. In 2002, the G8 signed a statement agreeing to explore cancellation of some of Russia's old Soviet debt. The savings were to be used to protect materials in Russia that could be used by terrorists. Under that sweet deal, $10 billion would come from the United States and $10 billion from other G-8 countries over 10 years.

In Dec 2009, the Russians resettled their Soviet debt. Resettled, not repaid.

I would like to see the US stand up to Russia in modern times. They can't.

Yes, they can.

If the Kremlin is nuked by radical fascist Americans, then the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces launch their deployed missiles and over 100,000,000 Americans die in under three hours. Got it?

And? So freakin' what? 100,000,000 Americans are dead. Wanna start counting how many Russians would already be dead by the time your "Deadhand" comes into play? It's a fail-deadly system. That means, by the time it's executed, Russia is a vast country of radioactive ash. Get it?

And for this Deadhand to work, don't you need nuclear bombs? I thought the Russians sold them all off in the 1990's.

US's conventional army is over-propagated, IMO. The basic facts are that the US has a large military that is NOT self-reliant, but rather all interconnected in complex networks with expensive equipment. Russians aren't stupid, if they get into a battle with the Americans what do you think they would attack? Carriers, AWACS, GPS satellites, anything that plays a key role in "command and control". Without communications, American technology becomes useless.

Hmmmm....the US does use a lot of tech, but do the Russians issue maps to their NCOs and enlisted troops yet? Last I knew, they didn't.
And that little tid-bit of info I got from a Senior Russian Officer.

Keep thinking your army is so great.

Keep thinking the Russian Army is the most perfect thing on the face of the earth.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes

If you think that the US Military is in A-stan to simply "beat the Afghans", you're sadly mistaken.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise
Well, your knowledge is lacking a bit, too.......

If I understood something, then I wouldn't learn from it.

I wouldn't get all gushy about the Russian Financial situation. In 2002, the G8 signed a statement agreeing to explore cancellation of some of Russia's old Soviet debt. The savings were to be used to protect materials in Russia that could be used by terrorists. Under that sweet deal, $10 billion would come from the United States and $10 billion from other G-8 countries over 10 years.

In Dec 2009, the Russians resettled their Soviet debt. Resettled, not repaid.

What is your point? Russia ended up with no debt. They've restored themselves into a superpower in the last 20 years. They have a very capable military which they don't show off all the time like the Americans do for a good reason: Russia wants the world to think they are weak. Georgia thought Russia was weak (especially since the US told them so and gave them weapons), and Russia sent a fraction of its forces to rape whatever pathetic NATO-wannabe army Georgia had at the time.

And? So freakin' what? 100,000,000 Americans are dead. Wanna start counting how many Russians would already be dead by the time your "Deadhand" comes into play? It's a fail-deadly system. That means, by the time it's executed, Russia is a vast country of radioactive ash. Get it?

And for this Deadhand to work, don't you need nuclear bombs? I thought the Russians sold them all off in the 1990's.

Here's the difference between Russia and the US: US built bunkers for their government and elite, the Russians built superbunkers for their government and civilian populations.

And Russian nuclear weapons are located all over Russia, definitely not all under American observation because Russians aren't as stupid as Americans like to believe. Americans can focus on nuking as many Russian civilians as they plan to do, but Russia will have enough missiles flying to bring every American to their knees in shock of what hell war really is.

Hmmmm....the US does use a lot of tech, but do the Russians issue maps to their NCOs and enlisted troops yet? Last I knew, they didn't. And that little tid-bit of info I got from a Senior Russian Officer.

BS. Yeah, Russians are so weak and stupid that they don't even have maps. Right

Keep thinking the Russian Army is the most perfect thing on the face of the earth.

I never said it was. Any force that fights by their heart will defeat any force that fights by their mind. Conventional armies fight for governments, for agendas; but the people fight for their lives and give it all.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
M:aybe the Doomsday Device has been isntalled somewhere in Afghanistan. The general public simply doesn't know where to find the Doomsday Device.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

We here in the US fight with money not weapons. And yes, we have taken over the world. Some people just don't know it.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What a stupid question..

Most of the Americans I know could not give a flying f%&k about taking over the world but rather, thanks to their criminal government, are living hand to mouth and working their asses off to keep a roof over their heads.. In fact they are soo busy just trying to keep their heads above water that most do not even care what their self serving government is doing because they do not have the energy for anything except for feeding their families.

The same is true for the rest of us the world over..

We ALL may as well be Yanks then... Because we are.. And they are us..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What is your point? Russia ended up with no debt.

"Resettling" debt and "repaying" debt are two different things.

They've restored themselves into a superpower in the last 20 years.

I never thought that lost "superpower" status, even when things were a mess in the 1990's.

They have a very capable military which they don't show off all the time like the Americans do for a good reason: Russia wants the world to think they are weak.

Guess you forgot about the May Day parades the Soviets use to hold.

Georgia thought Russia was weak (especially since the US told them so and gave them weapons), and Russia sent a fraction of its forces to rape whatever pathetic NATO-wannabe army Georgia had at the time.

Wow, tough guys!

Here's the difference between Russia and the US: US built bunkers for their government and elite, the Russians built superbunkers for their government and civilian populations.

And Russian nuclear weapons are located all over Russia, definitely not all under American observation because Russians aren't as stupid as Americans like to believe. Americans can focus on nuking as many Russian civilians as they plan to do, but Russia will have enough missiles flying to bring every American to their knees in shock of what hell war really is.

You're missing the point. If you think that after a nuclear war between the US and Russia, Russia will somehow come out on top, you're delusional. No one will win. They'll nuke us, we'll nuke them. I don't care about their bunkers or their Deadhand. Everyone will be dead.

And the US isn't only targetting civilian targets, Gus.
Once again, your knowledge of the US Military is lacking.

BS. Yeah, Russians are so weak and stupid that they don't even have maps. Right

Whatever. I had a map, was showing a Russian officer about how we set some things up, he asked if I always had one. I said yes, and that my ATL had one, too, and that all had access to them. He said that very few NCOs had maps, and none of their enlisted troops did. Believe it or not, I really don't give a flying f**k.
Sorry that idea rains on your gay day parade.

I never said it was. Any force that fights by their heart will defeat any force that fights by their mind. Conventional armies fight for governments, for agendas; but the people fight for their lives and give it all.

You sure are bragging on them like they do. And if you think that US troops aren't fighting with their hearts, you're once again mistaken. Sorry about that.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Death-hands a policy now earlier you said it was a program installed in some mountain....

Am i obsessed with nukes no i hope they are never used.

You say i can not portray my military right?

You have not got a clue what happens when a marine is angry do you?
A army of pissed off marines are the very last thing you want in your country.
I believe as it is we beat the unbeatable Japanese with little to no help in WW-ll
According to the statistics we won Vietnam 56000 dead Americans to 3mil. dead enemy Vietnamese
History shows when were in it to win it we win.
Modern times was the name of the era the car was invented in.
Russia and the USA aren't beefing right now beefing as in arguing..
Supposedly because the USA and Russia have the biggest stockpile of nukes were supposed to be forever enemies?
You keep hoping that if America tries to throw down your country Russia will step in.
When they dont ill laugh at you. (my apologies if you live in either countries)

Everyone hates the USA but we give the most Aid to the world.
We were the deterrent from the Soviet Union trying to take Europe over.
Dont say they didnt want to they discussed it.

USA #s with Russian affairs daily....
Refuses to acknowledge them as america worthy.

Trust me though if we had to we would be through the middle east in a month if we used russian tactics.which are shoot everything that looks dangerous and all civilians.

Guess what the difference between a US civilian and a US citizen is
The US citizen will fight for their country.

Large conventional bomb to destroy troops?
It was made for a show of strength. Russia still cant make their own computer without help can they?

Rusians not stupid?????
America in a battle vs Russia wouldnt have to deal with their navy or their airforce. Why land ground troops when you can destroy their army with air support?

OH YEAH I CALLED YOU A DUMBASS WHO CAN NOT SEE CLEARLY THE USA RIGHT NOW COULD GET OUT OF DEBT NO INFINITELY ABOUT IT 23 TRILLION BARRELS OF OIL IN RESERVE 15 TRILLION IN NAME OF OUR GOVERNMENT SELL IT FOR AVG. PRICE WE OUT OF DEBT,
FURTHER MORE WE GET OUT OF DEBT AT THIS VERY MOMENT THE ECONOMY WOULD COLLAPSE DUE TO THE SWELLING OF THAT MUCH MONEY TO ONE COUNTRY.......
LEARN YOUR FACTS BRO.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I never thought that lost "superpower" status, even when things were a mess in the 1990's.

Agreed. What I meant was the re-organization from Soviet to Russian control, which put them in a weaker position but they still had their ability to induce MAD.

Guess you forgot about the May Day parades the Soviets use to hold.

They still have May Day parades.

However, military parades are a completely different story from the countless movies and video games that portray Americans and their newest toys as invincible. Tom Clancy products are a good example of this. Where does the modern generation of Americans get their perception of their military prowess from? Is it from personally attending military parades, going to war, or playing an impressionable video games?

You're missing the point. If you think that after a nuclear war between the US and Russia, Russia will somehow come out on top, you're delusional. No one will win. They'll nuke us, we'll nuke them. I don't care about their bunkers or their Deadhand. Everyone will be dead.

And the US isn't only targetting civilian targets, Gus. Once again, your knowledge of the US Military is lacking.

I never said Russians will come out on top. I said they will have the capability to strike the Americans back just as bad, because you (and others) seem to assume that the US can just nuke Russia without serious consequences.

And the US does target civilians. All the time, in fact, in every war they've been in. However, they call it "collateral damage" when they intentionally bomb civilian infrastructure in the middle of cities. And depleted uranium use appears to me as an attack on every single human (civilian, insurgent or coalition) in the Middle East.

Obviously the US would nuke Russian urban populations in such an event. I'm not saying Russia wouldn't be nuking American population centers either.

Sorry that idea rains on your gay day parade.

whatever dude

You sure are bragging on them like they do. And if you think that US troops aren't fighting with their hearts, you're once again mistaken. Sorry about that.

American soldiers are killing Afghans and Iraqis because that is what their hearts dictate them to do? The American elite pull the strings and American soldiers shoot as ordered. No human has it in their heart to kill people who aren't even a threat to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join