It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Be my guest and please quote my posts where I have claimed that the hatred is something new. Please, enlighten all of us....

Did i say anywhere it was you especifically?... But yes, all you have done is bash, and blame the United States meanwhile claiming "oh, but this is not against Americans....

It is not I who is too lazy to read, it is you as you have shown multiple examples of where you have either NOT READ or COMPLETELY IGNORED most of my other posts in this thread. If, indeed, you actually had read them properly you would know my viewpoint on this issue and would not be attacking me.

I know how to read, and write perfectly well, it is not my fault that you do not know how to properly make an argument, and present your points in a concise, intelligent manner.

Since you were writting mainly about "the dire straights of the environment" it seemed your whole argument was in favour for the Global Warming Hoax. That was your fault, not mine... But then again we know very well by now that you love to point fingers, and you have no faults at all...

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Oh great, another race card being played. How thoughtful, how original, NOT! What does that make now, about 20 posters now who can see nothing but race? Each one trying to be more ridiculous than the other. Haven't you people figured it out yet? Your the racist. Why? because your the ones who keep bringing it up. All of us NONE RACIST wish you well and hope you seek professional help to end your racism and stop finding racism where no racism exist.

Insanity is to do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Indeed, the word has been thrown against the wall so many times it no longer sticks. It can no longer be taken seriously, and is now seen as a lame attempt at humor, like a silly joke you've heard a hundred times, it's no longer a joke at all, but the one who insists on telling it sure is.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Quoting all the times where America has done some good is pointless when you refuse to admit the bad. I find it astounding that some Americans can be SO arrogant as to think that the multitudes of hatred coming from multiple countries peoples is all the problem of the people thinking that. That is a disgrace.

Like I said before, if America wants to be and act like the Boss-Man Of The World then ACT LIKE IT. Take responsibility for the bad actions of your country, start talking about ways to improve it. The worlds people will recognise that America is attempting to make amends and respond accordingly. The world doesn't WANT to hate America, but you make it bloody hard not to.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
You keep showing to be nothing more than another poster who hates the United States for no real reason... Perhaps it is time for you to grow up.

Again with the not reading the whole thread huh? Because if you had you would have seen the multiple posts where I indicated I do not hate Americans, that I have many American friends and that I am simply attempting to explain to America why the rest of the world hates you at the moment. I am describing FACTS, not my own personal opinion.

I am sorry that you are ignorant of what I am trying to say in this thread, that you find it necessary to label and vilify me instead of discussing the issue like an adult and possibly finding solutions, I didn't think it was that hard a thing to ask but then again....seems I am proven wrong.

Well I am a proud American and certainly understand why we are so hated and I think a great deal off it is linked to the bone headed mentality you seem to be encountering.
It is like a man who gorges on garlic bread and yet refuses to admit to himself
that his grill smells like Dracula's murder scene.

Funny enough it seems to be the same
segment who waved the flags and eagles when we went off to the desert for oil, I mean FREEDOM. Same people who are so very critical of our own government now, desiring less of it, marching and desiring to REMOVE the president because he is Satan himself.

NOW combine the recipe, they want less government, claim to hate the government yet defend its international actions with lunatic devotion. They moan about erosion of personal freedom under Obama, yet let Bush stripe it away year after year and they support the lawless, godlike range of our authoritarian operations of the three letter agencies here CIA, FBI...

We aren't a hypocrite are we?

Anyhow you see are seeing the very nature of American politics and why we do what we do, cause its not our fault, ever, unless it was the other guy and he is in the other political party

Good luck with your,,, fun time there bub. Cheers

[edit on 14-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Enough is enough. I am tired of bigots, who want Americans to bow to their feet constrantly, want Americans to take the blame for all the problems in the world, and will make up any excuse to keep on hating "the United States"...

Tell you what, go catch a kangoroo, keep him/her tied up, and go ahead and insult him, and keep demanding for "apologies" from the Kangoroo.

I have wasted more than enough time with people who want reasons to hate others, and then keep pointing fingers...

Go and have a good talk with your kangoroo.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Did i say anywhere it was you especifically?...

Why else would you say it unless you were implicating me as thinking that way also? You are backpedaling now that you have realised the true nature of what I am trying to say.

I know how to read, and write perfectly well, it is not my fault that you do not know how to properly make an argument, and present your points in a concise, intelligent manner.

Tell you what, please enlighten me as to how I could have made my point in any plainer English? I see many Americans in this thread that have read what I have said and agreed with me. So again, what is it that you find so hard to understand what I have written?

Since you were writting mainly about "the dire straights of the environment" it seemed your whole argument was in favour for the Global Warming Hoax. That was your fault, not mine... But then again we know very well by now that you love to point fingers, and you have no faults at all...

From en.wikipedia.org...

Environment may refer to:

* Built environment, constructed surroundings that provide the setting for human activity, ranging from the large-scale civic surroundings to the personal places.
* Environment (biophysical), the physical and biological factors along with their chemical interactions that affect an organism.
* Environment (systems), the surroundings of a physical system that may interact with the system by exchanging mass, energy, or other properties
* Environmental art
* Environmental determinism
* Environmental policy
* Environmental psychology
* Environmental quality
* Environmental science, the study of the interactions among the physical, chemical and biological components of the environment
* Environments (series) A series of LPs, cassettes and CDs depicting natural sounds
* Knowledge environment
* Natural environment, all living and non-living things that occur naturally on Earth
* Social environment, the culture that an individual lives in, and the people and institutions with whom they interact

In computing:

* Desktop environment, in computing, is graphical user interface to the computer
* Environment variable, the set of environments defined in a process
* Integrated development environment, a type of computer software that assists computer programmers in developing software
* Runtime environment, a virtual machine state which provides software services for processes or programs while a computer is running

My apologies for not making it clearer which "environment" I meant. I assumed that people would know considering I followed it with a sentence talking about BLOWING OURSELVES TO KINGDOM COME. By adding the "blowing ourselves away" part I automatically assumed that anyone with any literary skills whatsoever would infer that I meant WORLD POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC environment.

Again, not my problem that you took my meaning out of context, particularly when I clearly defined a difference.

[edit on 14/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Oh yes, we know you are a proud American who doesn't care about the current administration is doing and instead you keep claiming "all of this is happening because of the previous administration"...

Right. Oh, and let's not forget that Clinton himself sent our troops to BOSNIAto invade another country and people, meanwhile helping the Russian government...

Let's forget that the Clinton administration had the plans drawn for the invasion of Iraq, and even in his speeches Clinton himself, as well as most Democrat were claiming Saddam was a threat and something must be done... but hey, let's blame the other political party....

But hey, you keep pointing fingers at the previous administration, even though the present administration is DOING WORSE...

Let's not forget that now, during the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION we have had the largest miltiary deployments of U.S. National Guards, for some states being the largest deployment since WWII, and for the rest being the largest deployment ever in the history of several states.... But hey, the Obama Administration claimed they wold bring all our troops home heh?....

Yeah, what good of an American you are...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Why else would you say it unless you were implicating me as thinking that way also? You are backpedaling now that you have realised the true nature of what I am trying to say.

So now, somehow I am "realizing the true nature of what you are saying"??....

Get off your pedestal....

BTW, yes, we know that there are Americans who have been brainwashed enough that they also hate their own country...

You will also find people that hate their own countries, and blame them making generalizations like some Americans do... That is nothing new...

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by asala]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Enough is enough. I am tired of bigots, who want Americans to bow to their feet constrantly, want Americans to take the blame for all the problems in the world, and will make up any excuse to keep on hating "the United States"...

Tell you what, go catch a kangoroo, keep him/her tied up, and go ahead and insult him, and keep demanding for "apologies" from the Kangoroo.

I have wasted more than enough time with people who want reasons to hate others, and then keep pointing fingers...

Well you tell me how many [SNIP] countries we have attacked under the radar
with out a declaration of war provided by congress?

I think we can get a nice little list going there, hell we deposed governments for PEPSI CO and [SNIP] BANANAS... Do you think the rest of the world is not aware of our track record? Just because our government does something does not mean it justifiable to the rest of the world

YET you yourself are protesting """""Obama care""""" and GOVERNMENT, however when we go off to war for oil and defense contracts its A OK

And its perfectly fine when that same government decides to do with its military to other nations- same government you Cons claim to despise and fear.

Frankly it is retarded IMVHO

Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention.

[edit on 9/14/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

So now, somehow I am "realizing the true nature of what you are saying"??....

My bad, I had thought for one glimmer of a moment that you had seen the light.

Get off your pedestal....

What pedestal? I am on no pedestal.

BTW, yes, we know that there are Americans who have been brainwashed enough that they also hate their own country...

I hate what my government and country has become. I hate what the British government and country has become. I hate what the American government and country has become - in fact apply that to just about every country on Earth. Does this make me brainwashed, or simply an independant thinker who questions everything and doesn't take everything I hear blindly and as cannon?

Thank you, again, for proving another point made in this thread - that one cannot think independently without being labeled "brainwashed" or "deluded" or "terrorist".

You will also find people that hate their own countries, and blame them making generalizations like some Americans do... That is nothing new...

So the people in charge of one's country are not to blame when everything goes wrong? Huh? What planet do you live on?

You are still missing a big point here, being that yes, every country has it's haters but none of those other countries, except America, claims to be the Greatest Nation on Earth. THEREIN LIES THE DIFFERENCE. Come on now, it's really not such a hard concept to grasp.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Wow. Thankyou, again, for proving my entire point. America claims to be the greatest nation on Earth and has the right to police it and yet, when push comes to shove, cannot take responsibility for it's actions. Again, for the illiterate, IF AMERICA WANTS TO PLAY BOSS-MAN OF THIS WORLD THEN BE PREPARED TO HAVE THE FINGER POINTED AT YOU WHEN IT GOES WRONG.

OK, so now you have resorted to insults and I shall be reporting you. Please though, if you are going to insult someone at least get your spelling correct - it's kangAroo not kangOroo.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Oh yes, we know you are a proud American who doesn't care about the current administration is doing and instead you keep claiming "all of this is happening because of the previous administration"...

Right. Oh, and let's not forget that Clinton himself sent our troops to BOSNIAto invade another country and people, meanwhile helping the Russian government...

Let's forget that the Clinton administration had the plans drawn for the invasion of Iraq, and even in his speeches Clinton himself, as well as most Democrat were claiming Saddam was a threat and something must be done... but hey, let's blame the other political party....

But hey, you keep pointing fingers at the previous administration, even though the present administration is DOING WORSE...

Let's not forget that now, during the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION we have had the largest military deployments of U.S. National Guards, for some states being the largest deployment since WWII, and for the rest being the largest deployment ever in the history of several states.... But hey, the Obama Administration claimed they wold bring all our troops home heh?....

Yeah, what good of an American you are...

Certainly I care, Obama is screwing up left and right. YES and the Bush administration saw half our Stock market due to his inaction, apathy or intent. I certainly did not
see BUSH trying cut spending, regulate the market at all, Trillion dollar oil war, introduction of a three tiered justice system, domestic spying, unconstitutional
things of every sort and Obama is carrying the same ball.

However Obama did not over see the crash of the market and you have the stones to assert he did a?

Clinton should have let the UN sort it out, but really comparing BOSNIA to IRAQ which has lasted longer than WWII

Rumsfeild was talking about invading IRAQ while the pentagon was still burning -
BUSH pulled the trigger bucko.

Afghanistan?
I thought all the TERROR TERROR TERROR of the last eight years
was to defeat AQ? Now all of a sudden Conservatives are against it
, EMBOLDENING OUR ENEMIES
- Obama needs to bring all the troops home and try to keep some of his promises a least-

However your conclusion that his performance is worse than Bush's shows you do have a pair. As Bush performed criminal unconstitutional acts every month of so.

People hate America because of people like you who are not even big enough to be honest with self, pure driven sociopathy.

Better hope things do not improve under big ears - werd

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is my point of view as an individual American and my views do not represent any other Americans view.

I live in Las Vegas, one the worlds most popular tourist destinations. So I get to meet and speak with folks from virtually every country in the world. The truth is that everything folks say is bad about Americans when the visit different countries is also true when folks from other countries come to visit here. There is good and bad in all people and there are braggarts from all nations who think their way is the only way. I have meet braggarts and jerks from every country from A-Z. Interestingly for all the whining and moaning about American companies such as Wal Mart and Mc Donalds when the tourist visit here they seem to make a beeline for these places along with the evil American Shopping malls and ever popular strip clubs.

I think another part of the problem for folks who dont visit the America is what they mainly see of America is what they are feed via newscasts and Hollywood which is really a shame because they never really see what the average American is really like. For years on ATS and other web forums I have seen folks from other countries really use some very vitriolic language to describe Americans. I have seen the terms Redneck, Cracker, etc slung about with reckless abandon on these forums and many others. As a southerner in America I dont think folks from other nations realize how offensive these terms really are. When you use these terms you might as well have called a African American a 'n-word', A Chinese American a chink, or A Hispanic American a spic, to cite a few examples.

Is America a racist country?, In some circles yes, in others it is one of the most tolerant places on earth. I have never been to any country on this planet where either Race or Ethnic group did not play a role in some manner or fashion. I have sat at a Football (soccer for Americans) match in Europe where the fans threw bananas on the field and made monkey sounds toward an African player whom they didnt like. I have never has a similar experience at a sporting event in America. So for me other countries judging Americans for racism is tossing a rock in a glass house.

I have found in my travels that no matter what country I am in and no matter what race, religion or what have you if you approach the average citizen of said country they are always willing to help, and this is true in America also. I stopped for gasoline just inside the Lousiana state line a while back and after filling up my tank was invited by the Cajun proprieter of the establishment to join in their little fish fry, I have had similar experiences in African American areas of the country and Hispanic areas as well, things like that happen across America everyday but you would never know it by watching the news.

You see I am one of those Pickup driving, Gun Toting, Religious, Conservative, Jeans, T shirt, and Baseball Cap wearing Americans that folks from other countries seems to hate with such a passion. That being said you cant go by the stereotype, I prefer Football (soccer) to American Football I do like Baseball however, I am decently educated, I am well travelled thanks to the American Army. I dont care what someones color is or what religion they follow or what their sexual preference is, I might not be average, my first wife was German and my present wife is Argentinian, 3 out of 4 of my grandchildren are of mixed race, my adopted sister is Vietnamese.
I am originally from Georgia about as deep south conservative and bible belt as you can get. I dont know if that is enough to break the generalized stereotype but there it is.

To me as far as American involvement in the world , I would think that in some ways the situation is the same as it was for Great Britain during the Victorian Era, when the sun never set on the British Empire and all that. Same situation different countries and different times.

One thing I have always found funny about folks from other countries decrying Americans our gun culture is to look at where the guns come from. Beretta comes from Italy, Glock from Austria, Sig Arms from Germany, FN from Belgium, Steyr from Austria, HK from Germany, CZ from the Czech Republic, AK clones from all over the former eastern block and China, Springfield Armory while an American company has their frames and slides made in Brazil by Imbel. Actually a discussion for a whole different thread but interesting.

Thats my view from the nest

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

"well funny you suggest that, since i AM moving to india once i get enough money together."

Don't let the door hit you in the a*s on the way out. You better hope India is as tolerant of your racist rants as America is?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Wow. Thankyou, again, for proving my entire point. America claims to be the greatest nation on Earth and has the right to police it and yet, when push comes to shove, cannot take responsibility for it's actions. Again, for the illiterate, IF AMERICA WANTS TO PLAY BOSS-MAN OF THIS WORLD THEN BE PREPARED TO HAVE THE FINGER POINTED AT YOU WHEN IT GOES WRONG.

OK, so now you have resorted to insults and I shall be reporting you. Please though, if you are going to insult someone at least get your spelling correct - it's kangAroo not kangOroo.

Read above your post - Apparently Obama killed the economy and Clinton invaded Iraq read it for yourself, this is why we go and blow up whoever the hell we chose, this guys actually believes his own madness. Sadly there is an entire ARMY of this here -
I am against are rotten military endeavors and I am sorry we have screwed so many over the years. Unfortunately our friend and his boys will ensure plenty more to come.

All you have to do to start a war here is say FREEDOM a couple hundred times, wave flags and Bald Eagles then --- POW!!! --- war on

[edit on 14-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

So, Bush was a dirt bag, and Obomber is a dirt bag......So, what's your point?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters

So, Bush was a dirt bag, and Obomber is a dirt bag......So, what's your point?

My point is these Hypocrites are full of chit and seem to be the same people who think America has conducted its foreign policy justly in all cases. If you read the page you might understand or might disagree, but you will get the point.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

WOW, could your post be any more insulting and off-topic? Do you not know that what you just said proves my point ENTIRELY? By claiming that Australia is "backward" and full of "kangaroo-humpers" you are showing the willful ignorance and arrogance that has been my point the entire time.

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
OP
Most countries are also unwell, America isnt alone, however I agree with you it requires healing, but what pill to swallow?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join