It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The truth is that America is a very free and transparent country. So you regularly hear on the news (not Fox) about what's going on and are free to debate it. Also the fact that America is multicultural means that lots of people from different countries move to America and are allowed to protest. America also educates a lot of foreigners who return home better equipped to oppose the US.

If you compare this to a country like China, the people:

1. Don't know whats going on
2. Wouldn't be allowed to protest or talk about it freely anyway

Also, when China oppresses countries/territories it aims to crush them not "regime change to bring democracy and freedom". If you compare Tibet to Iraq, the Chinese have obliterated Tibetan culture and completely dominate the area. They have also actively been forcing Chinese people into the area in order to empower their claim on the territory.

Imagine if the US did this in Iraq. They would move in, immediately ban Islam, anyone disagreeing would be executed, as well as their whole village. Then they would ban Arabic and force them to speak English. And then move 10's of millions of white Americans into the country so as to one day out number the Iraqis. There would also be a media blackout so no one else in the world would know what was going on.

America is held to a higher standard then other countries. When America sets up puppet regimes, the whole world complains. Whereas very few people complain about how China is propping up the Mugabe regime in Zimbabwe, or the Sudanese government. People also don't seem to remember how it was the Chinese (and the USSR) who supported North Vietnam's invasion of the south, or North Korea's invasion of the south, and supported the Khmer Rouge.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 16/9/09 by Cthulwho]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
well, look at how america was founded. by the killing of millions of native americans who had never even seen a white man before and had no idea what they were in for.

america has always been a slimy and corrupt country.. no matter how many good things we have accomplished, there are usually more bad things to outweigh the good.

its very sad. america is full of some of the worst people alive, but they are good at lying and being fake. other countries might look evil, but at least they are upfront with their brutality. americans? nah, we can be as evil as they come, but we are very very good at hiding it.

just like how the "perfect families" are usually the most messed up. same goes for us americans!

That's why when the SHTF, you're going to take the brunt, unforuntately.

You can't f'ck the world for 50 years at endless pace and not have it return.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulwho

Thanks for telling it like it is.

You'll have to forgive the last two post above yours. These two aren’t accustomed to Americans speaking in favor of America. Apparently the idea is so novel to them, they do not know how to act. So if they are thinned skinned, and their feelings bruised easy, please understand it's their liberal upbringing. They cannot be held accountable for what they say. Poor things have been dumped on so many times by those mean ol' Americans, they don't know if they are coming or going.

America and those Americans did it to them you know? We Americans have kept them here against their will, denying them the right to seek out a land better than America. It’s America's fault, America owes them a living. America is responsible for them. Someone has to be responsible for their condition, cuz they haven't graduated that far yet.

So, keep in mind, if you are going to introduce facts and information to them, please do so gradually, as these are alien terms to these two people.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

One thing to understand, and maybe help take the absolute "rabidity" of these responses in a more sympathetic light - think of this: FEAR is a primal emotion - we have it by design to help us survive (fight or flight) - but, through our culture, fear has been filtered into all sorts of forms and shapes that often obfuscate its true origins and nature. Then take into account WHY I speak of primal fear as you read these responses. Based on the intelligence and articulation of your OP and the thoughts conveyed, I think you'll quickly 'ken my meaning.

Have you ever been in a "discussion" with someone whose only interest is in poking you in the shoulder, as they holler at the top of their lungs, all red-faced, screaming all manner of profanity and nonsense in pure rage at you? Not much "discussing" or self-analysis goes on to be sure. Best to just walk away, as nothing good can come from that.

Thanks for your post - I can tell that it took a lot for you to write it, and that a lot of thought went into it. It was a brave post. Though you might have picked a more deserving venue for its "airing". *hugs* I understood your intent, and there are lots of us out here who share similar opinions/thoughts on the topic. We just tend not to be very loud or vitriolic about it, so we often fall under the radar.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ScaredCabbage

When I fine someone or something that has, "f'ck the world for 50 years at endless pace" I'll pass this "info" on to them.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical_Seeker

Yes, I must echo those words also, the "absolute "rabidity" of these responses" The unbridaled gaul of some people to to speak up for America when we clearly made it known it was not allowed. Didn't the OP just get through saying, "America is sick"? Who do these people think they are anyway? They just jump in on a public forum as if they had some sort of right to do so. Don't they know, it's no longer politically correct to be proud of America?

Oh yes, and thank you for having the courage and taking the time to tell us "America is sick" How special, how unique, how artistic, it took a lot of brains to do that, not just any one can be so endowed with such wisdom. I am sure no one else has thought of running down America as you have here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

It appears you not only completely missed the points I made in this thread, it also looks like you are completely missing the point of the OP's post as well. You have successfully proven not only my points, but those of the OP also.

It's all very well declaring your right to defend your opinion and be "proud of your country" but in doing so you are also being hypocritical by attempting to silence those who would have a differing opinion to you. In doing so you discredit everything you have written thus far and prove the opposing opinions point at the same time. Well done

Awaiting another unintelligent insult or illogical retort that only proves my point and the OP's point even further.............

[edit on 16/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

OK, so we can add "victim" to the ever growing list of names people like myself are called for having independent thought! Let's review the others shall we? We now have "racist", "bigoted", "unpatriotic" (whatever that means considering I'm not American) and a few others I won't repeat here and now, thanks to your sheer ignorance, we can add "victim" to that ever growing list.

Congratulations on proving every single point I have made in this thread. No really, you are making a fine effort in proving my point for me so I don't really feel the need to talk about it any more - I shall just tell anyone who asks me a question to look at your performance in this thread.

Well done, 10 points for you.

Thanks for the humor! Good on you that you understand the importance of injecting humor into a thread that has become to serious. I must admit you had me going there for awhile when you copped an attitude when I stood up for America Then you really when jnto a rant when I addressed your country the way your were addressing mine. As, I find it hard to beleive that there is someone who could be so petty, biased, and midget minded to dish out as much Ill will, lies, and generalities about America and Americans as you have. Then not be able to take it when similar, accusations against your country. If you can't take it, don't dish in out. I don't believe any one could be this shallow minded.(Even someone" DOWN UNDER") Hence, it can only be humor.

You have me confused with someone else, Remember me? I am the guy who disagreed with you. THAT"S ALL I AM GUILTY OF. Disagreement is supposed to be a healthy thing among sane people. You can hardly blame me If you cannot handle disagreement very well.

I have not called you those names you accuse me of. ALL I DID WAS DISAGREE WITH YOU. Perhaps your at that grade level where you tend to lump persons together by their race. This would explain alot. Maybe you just think some white guy did it. Doesn't matter who was calling you those names. as long as he is a white guy.

Serves your agenda quite well doesn't . Fits right in there with "being dumped on by the white guy". I think you've done a good job of showing, if you cannot show an actual occurance of victimised by the white guy you will manufacture one! Thanks for being transparent on that mate.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

But in doing so you are also being hypocritical by attempting to silence those who would have a differing opinion to you. In doing so you discredit everything you have written thus far and prove the opposing opinions point at the same time. Well done

WhaT????????? wHERE DID YOU GET ALL THAT CRAP AT? wHERE HAVE i TRIED TO SILENCE ANYONE. tHE ONLY THING i'VE DONE HERE IS DISAGREE WITH YOU. Do you even know the difference? Your the one who can't handle disagreement. Your the spoiled one, not me. Your the one with the attitude who wants to takes his marbles and go home because I don't agree with you. If your feelings bruise that easily from a simple disagreement. Then perhaps your decision to vacate this discussion is a wise one.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters
Thanks for the humor! Good on you that you understand the importance of injecting humor into a thread that has become to serious.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I must admit you had me going there for awhile when you copped an attitude when I stood up for America

If by standing up for America you mean calling Aussies "kangaroo-humpers" and our country "backward" then you can have your patriotism and keep it. Oh, and that was your very first post to me so your declaration of "defending my country" just got a little less believable, if it had any credibility left anyway.

Oh and please back up your claim by quoting the post where I "copped an attitude".

Then you really when jnto a rant when I addressed your country the way your were addressing mine.

Nope. Wrong again. The very first post you directed at me described my country as "backward"and my people as "kangaroo-humpers". NEVER at any point, before or after your post, had I stooped to insulting your country in such a low fashion. My point was to explain why Americans are hated abroad, not to attack America, and possibly discuss ways to fix that. You decided to take it personally and begin insulting me (not forgetting that your previous post to Calihan had told her not to "let the door hit her on the ass on the way out").

As, I find it hard to beleive that there is someone who could be so petty, biased, and midget minded to dish out as much Ill will, lies, and generalities about America and Americans as you have. Then not be able to take it when similar, accusations against your country. If you can't take it, don't dish in out. I don't believe any one could be this shallow minded.(Even someone" DOWN UNDER") Hence, it can only be humor.

Lets recap what I said, then we'll recap your replies shall we?

Look, I'm going to cop a lot of crap from people for saying this but I truly do not care any more. I don't hate American's, in fact I know a few here in Australia that are really nice people. What I do hate, no I should say detest, and what many other people from many other countries around the world are sick of is always hearing about America. America this, America that, America is the Greatest, No nation is as great as America! That is such an ignorant, naive and downright patronising opinion of the rest of the world - particularly when many of you haven't got a bloody clue what Australia is like, or Greenland, or Iran, or Czechoslovakia - you get the drift.

I'm writing this not to jump on a bandwagon of American hatred here, while I happen to agree that America is sick to the core with hatred and corruption, I am not naive enough to think that this sort of thinking isn't occurring in differing ways in just about every other country on Earth.

That was my very first post. I shall post the second one now and then discuss them a little further.....

As an Australian I know most of us here hate an American coming over to our country whinging about this or that not being as good as America, big-noting themselves and then wondering why a crowd of pissed off Aussies just put him or her in hospital. The sheer ignorance of some Americans is astounding at times - this comes from personal experience.

I would have to say that Americans are amongst the most distrusted and hated people when it comes to travelling abroad. This stems from the fact that some of you think you can stomp into another country and be treated like a god because you are American. I have personally witnessed this first hand at Sydney Airport Customs where an American was pulled aside to be searched and starting yelling things like "How dare you search me! I am American I should be trusted everywhere!". The bloke who was tasked with searching him looked like he wanted to bash the American's head in but he maintained a professional cool even when insulted and called a terrorist for not trusting him. I use this as merely one example from many I have seen myself and many more I have read or heard about.

Put simply, if you do not want to be hated when you go to another country, do not stomp in declaring you are American, how everything in this country is not as good as in America and expect some sort of god-like treatment just because you are American. This is a sure-fire way to be ignored and hated at best, and find yourself in some serious doo-doo at worst.

Now, as you can plainly see I am not spewing out hateful remarks I am simply attempting to convey into words the feelings of many of us "foreigners" when Americans visit our respective countries. What part of these two posts are hate-filled, bigoted, racist or any other insult you have called me? Go on, please tell me........

The only thing I can think of is that you simply don't like what I have said, regardless of whether it is true or not, and are attempting to insult me out of the thread. Not going to happen.

But just in case their was any doubt as to my intentions in this thread, i shall post my very next post in this thread.....

The point of my post is not to bag 300 million people into one basket. I am most certainly not that ignorant. As I said in my first post a few pages back I have a few American friends who live over here in Australia and have made an effort to assimilate into OUR culture. I even used to live with a young black bloke who I had an absolute ball with - he really is a top bloke.

I am mainly referring to those Americans who DO fall into the categories I describe above. I have seen examples of it in this thread alone, let alone littered all throughout ATS - and that's just a drop in the ocean. It's those people who ruin it for the rest of you, whether it be by inaction by the rest of you to curb it or simple ignorance that it is happening - nonetheless what I have said in my previous post is fact, sad as that may be.

Every following post of mine is pretty much answering other posters so I shan't post them here just now.

OK, so now that we have had that little recap and have determined, once again, my intentions in this thread, being to inform not to attack, shall we recap what your first post to me was? You know, the one where you are supposedly "defending America"? Yes, lets recap that.....I seem to remember nothing more to your post (moderated now because of the insult) than calling my country "backward" and my people "kangaroo-humpers". Hmmm. Not quite sure how I (or my country) deserved that.....

You have me confused with someone else, Remember me? I am the guy who disagreed with you. THAT"S ALL I AM GUILTY OF. Disagreement is supposed to be a healthy thing among sane people. You can hardly blame me If you cannot handle disagreement very well.

Disagree? By calling my country "backward" and my people "kangaroo-humpers" that's your disagreement? Remember now, that was your very first post to me, not defense of America, not disagreement, but insults to my country.

I have not called you those names you accuse me of. ALL I DID WAS DISAGREE WITH YOU.

No, you called my country "backward"and my people "kangaroo-humpers". What, you think the fact that its not visible because it's been moderated means that no-one saw it and you can pretend you didn't write it? Nice try.

Serves your agenda quite well doesn't . Fits right in there with "being dumped on by the white guy". I think you've done a good job of showing, if you cannot show an actual occurance of victimised by the white guy you will manufacture one! Thanks for being transparent on that mate.

And that is the Assumption of the Day folks! Yep, there we have it, the whole shebang. Ive been insulted, attempted to be silenced, and now I've just been profiled by someone who wouldn't know me from a bar of soap.

"Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go....."

Keep digging that hole.

[edit on 16/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Amerika is not just sick; it is TERMINAL. THe Russian political scientist, I think his name was something like Panava (sp?) has predicted a balkanization of the US beginning late 2009. I don't particularly agree with his geographic lines (e.g. he has Tn and Ky in alliance with NY and new england, yea right!), but the basic concept is likely on target. We are going to break up into 15 or so little countries; the various regions of the former US are too different and have excessively different agendas for the federated US to survive. Plus, the US is clearly bankrupt and cannot pay off its national debt---EVER !!!! THe US is over on economic grounds alone. The various balkanized region will disavow any liability from that debt; that will be how it start more than likely.

"the united states no longer exists." Gen. Bethlehem in the Postman. ===that's a prophetic movie scene if there ever was.

Wardoc

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by doctorwork

I have seen and heard about proposals for the deviation of the United States starting with the area around California.

I know that most think this is tin foil but if you look at what is happening not just around California but in other places you start to wonder how much is real and how much is contrived.

It will be so much easier to divvy up our country if it is already divided.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

There are many Americans that do not score very highly in the area of working and playing well with others.

These Americans in particular do no like anyone to notice or to point out that America does not always present at her best.

We are being split apart in a very crafty and deliberate attempt at the control of the hearts and minds of the American citizens.

This has been going on for so long that I do not believe that there is much hope left.

33 years ago plus, the MSM media gave us this.

www.youtube.com...

and this

www.youtube.com...

If we could not see through the smoke and mirrors then how can we possibly see past the char and coal now?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SpiritoftheNightSky]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Government is the cancer, NOT the answer

What government are you speaking of?

It can't be the American government because then you are supporting the observation made by the OP.

Cancer is a sickness.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SpiritoftheNightSky]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I agree.

We have a lot to be proud of don't we?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by flytully

Yeah I saw the proof of your words first hand this weekend in DC.

No racist posters.

No endless declarations about the desired disposal of our N---er President.

No call to arms to return this country to its pure w--te roots.

No encouragement for lynchings to remind the us how it should be.

Racism is dead in America and water is free and you breathe pure air.

I guess it is just a matter of what lie you choose to believe.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." Then surely you must understand, "ignorance of your own hipocracry renders you completely witless. You people from the country DOWN BELLOW are some real knee slappers sometimes. You can sure dish it out, but when it comes to being able to take it, You melt. you allow others to see inside your soul for a cheap price. You start acting like what you accuse American's of. You dramatize being BACKWARD. like your from somewhere DOWN UNDER or something. You folk need to clean up your own back yard before you start worry about America's.

Though you may not like Americans being proud of America and it my annoy you to hear Americans say how great America is. One would think you could understand how American's must feel when you DOWN UNDER people do the same.

AS for the rest of your post, yes that's right, all I have done is disagreed with you, with the same tone, the same manners as you used in the very beginning of this thread. You were the one who set the tone and manners no me.

Once again, you have an issue with disagreement. You cannot take it as well as others. So, I'll remind you once more, your issue is not my problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

So, quit flapping your jaws and bring on the moving targets already. geeze!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I am not the one who insulted someone elses country by calling them "backward" and "kangaroo-humpers" in my very first post to them and then attempted to pretend you never said it by claiming you were simply "disagreeing". Sorry but your true colours have shown and NOTHING you can say will change your first post to me (and the subsequent ones also insulting me).

Hi-ho, hi-ho it's off to work we go...........

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join