It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This post is offensive and derogatory, not to mention off topic (also lacks proper grammar)

You're reported

[edit on 14/9/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When I saw the title America is sick, I thought you meant from all the medications we are taking. America is very sick. Our vaccines are full of harmful substances and the FDA is in cahoots with the govt and Big Drugs and Nazi AMA to destroy the health of the American people. Our babies are hit with mercury and other demylinating agents and formaldehyde and mysterious particles that the people who test the vaccines won't even look for. Our elderly are taking 10 to 15 pills that undermine their health but the doctors look the other way. Drs who don't are run out of business. Natural remedies that work are dismissed as being way out there and even outlawed like vit B17. We even still have fluoride in our water. We are sick because we are under attack. It's time to wake up and take back our country.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am in an absolute agreement. Does it mean that I believe that we are the only racist nation? No - every nation is racist to a degree. Look at Germany back in the 1930s and 40s. Now thats racism. What we have here is lingering after affects dating back to the beginning of time where we all thought that being a different skin color must've meant something bad or evil. When all it was was pigment in the skin.

About the whole zipcode thing, he is right to a degree. In South Carolina, we're very distinguished especially in neighborhoods. Sometimes I wish I had on the hand ductape to cover up my gmas mouth who has the pit of racism in her brain.

OH well what can you do. Just try to spread the love. ;-)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
America is truly sick. We are living a lie. Everything is ok, sort of. That is a lie. We allow our government to do whatever it wants, give whatever excuse it wants and treat us however it wants. We have allowed our government to exercise United Nations troops on our soil and to keep them handy to enforce Mandatory Swine Flu Vaccinations that are more likely than anything else to be an attempt at Genocide. You find another explanation for the government's extreme push for Mandatory vaccinations. I dare you. Sure, Obama has said like in read my lips, that the vaccinations are voluntary, but he has not changed any of the laws making them mandatory or for throwing you into Fema camps for not taking them. and those Fema camps are off limits, no one knows what's inside. One lady got arrested in New York(?) for getting too close to one. There is one in Missouri with a big gas tower in the middle. The obedient, puppet, media doesn't consider that sensational enough to investigate no matter how many people are upset over it. America is sick because it doesn't have a free press. America is sick because it's government has obviously an agenda far away from anything the American people would ever want in life.Do you want Fema camps in your future? America is sick because it's President is trampling it's constitution that he swore on Lincoln's bible to uphold. Example NLE 09. Foreign troops on our soil to force us to take questionable possibly lethal injections from a government that we certainly don't trust that seems to be taking directions from Monsanto, Merck, Baxter, Rockefeller Nazis and the big big banks. America is sick because it has been taken over by big business, big banks, big Nazi AMA.
And America is going to get sicker, if it survives Swine Flu genocide, because legislation is in place to destroy our finances, our infrastructure, our food supply, and a trade agreement to outlaw nutrition in our food
Codex Alimentarius. The House of Representatives was hijacked by the CIA March 13, 2008 and told of its plan to form North America Union, end Constitution, throw citizens into concentration camps and somehow pledged or blackmailed them into secrecy.
America is very very sick.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This thread seems to be America is sick because we are all racists. I beg to disagree with you. I do not consider myself a racist, or my neighbors. There is a black family a few doors down, great family. There is too much discrimination against blacks in our legal system, but they are part of a government that is all about making us into a police state. It is easier to pick on the blacks, it is easier to get away with it. The way right now to stand up to racism is to stand up to the government. Don't let them get away with lying. Know in your heart that your country is based on our declaration of God given rights, that all men are created equal. America is sick because our govt is sick. Racism is something that you can reject. Racism always leads to genocide. ALWAYS. Your government-controlled media wants to encourage racism, divide and conquer. They think they have a weapon, the charge of racism to destroy the people on both sides. Call people racists if they oppose the government while trying to blame what are really government travesties on people of color by going after Acorn. I think Acorn is a communist organization sponsored by Big Money to undermine America and bring about communism here, so I think they should go after Acorn. But they are trying to make a black/white divide over things like Acorn that is clearly designed to distract America from the real solution, to throw down the ptb. We need unity, we need to stick together if we are going to survive the ptb. America is sick because the ptb have a stranglehold over our country and are bleeding us.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

If ur gonna leave the US and go to India it'll be like out of the frying pan and into the fire (My suggestion). Everything will change from the climate to the environment to the lifestyle. What you read off books about India is just a propaganda! It's still real messy here. 70 to 75% is still rural. Around 20% would be middle class.
The culture and tradition that you spew is nothing but BS. Its something fanciful that developed over the years. It's one of the main reasons why India is sooo backward.
If u think the economy is better here, ur wrong again! All the Indian government has been doing is making a lot of noise and drama... The people here are still greatly dependent on the Outsourcing and Off shoring of jobs. Its not like the Indian government created any jobs.
Pretty much changes are taking place on a GLOBAL scale. You mite want to rethink to move to China or Singapore maybe (Just a suggestion).
Like I said before "The grass is always greener on the other side!!!"

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

Sorry mate you do give the most aid but where's the most of it go! Isreal chap.

USA Aid.

Isreal has a decent sized Economy considering it population.

World Econonic rankings.

It sounds a bit silly to go on about who is the most generous when the majority of this aid is spent on flattening schools and hospitals in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yup, America is so evil that any person of any color can walk down the street wherever they want. Oh and don't forget our women that are free to show their faces in public and learn without fear of beeing stoned to death. Man I can't stand America, because I could go on and on all day about this.

I wear a cross hanging from my neck, in some parts of the world thats enough cause to murder me. But hey I'm a evil American that feels people have a right to be whoever they want to be regardless of their body or beliefs, so what do I know. Right?

I'm not taking personal offense to this either, I'm taking offense for the millions of other Americans out there that would say the same thing to such an ignorant claim as the OP.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by northof8

Do you also have a problem with families such as mine, who make over 50,000 a year, but still can't afford health care insurance for our children?

Yep, because you fight against a public option for my family.

Your mind is just plain old closed as you are not willing to look into the truth of the health care in this country. You don't look at the number of middle income families, who do not have health care, even though they work hard and pay taxes.

In using your words, "I have a problem with people like YOU" who deny my family health coverage because of your own ignorance and refusal to educate yourself.

Those of you against a public option, stop the screaming and actually educate yourselves. Ignorance is not an excuse for stupidity.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

When I made 41,000 a year my BC/BS individual plan cost me $300 a month, With a $500 deductible. It was 9% of my gross pay, but we made it work. Now I have employer coverage and pay $50 a week for medical and dental, family coverage, so it's 1/3rd cheaper with the group plan.

Do you have some extenuating circumstances that prevent you from getting coverage? I am in agreement with the current health plan that the pre-existing exclusion is alot of crap, our plan covers pre-existing after a year. You can run up alot of bills with a major condition in a year.

If your state has a reduced cost program for children, at least try to get on that. Kids are acident prone. It will get them by until we get some REAL health reform, other than the currently proposed crap.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Anyone who agrees with what the op of thread wrote is completely ignorant of history and culture.

The way the U.S. treated native Americans was fabulous compared to the way native Americans were treated in Latin America where they were enslaved and worked to death.

Compared to the racism and classism in the rest of the world, the U.S. is one of the most racial tolerant countries in the world. The U.S. certainly isn't nearly as racist as say Japan.

India still has a rigid caste system which creates strong divisions between its own people which is racism.

The sexism of the Muslim world is so bad, people don't talk about the racism, which is just as bad.

I don't hear Americans talking about how great America is, I hear Americans constantly complaining about how screwed up this country has become.

It is my many immigrant friends who constantly tell me how great of a country the U.S. is. I live in one of the most diverse areas of the country, possibly the world, surrounded by immigrants, and whether they are from Europe, India, Latin America, or the Muslim world, they all tell be the U.S. is the best.

Personally, I know this used to be a far better country than it currently is.

I feel dirty for feeding the trolls.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

You said it just right! I was a bit offended with the OP but I did stop to think about what they said. You are right about what you said though. But I do agree that America is sick. Racism exists, but there are many wonderful people here too. Not to mention, racism exists everywhere on the earth. It's just in some people and not others. I don't know why. You can't even say it's your upbringing, some kids don't buy into it from their parents and some get influenced to it from people other than their parents.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I haven't actually watched this yet but I will do after I post this, I just thought I should get it onto the thread now so as to give people more time to watch it also....

Maybe we can all learn something together

Anti-Americanism vs. American Ignorance - Video - 1:17 hrs

Brendon O'Connor
Associate Professor in American Politics, United States Studies Centre, University of Sydney, Australia

From the early 19th century onwards, American politicians and the American people have frequently been seen as culturally and intellectually inferior by outsiders. Should these claims be seen as anti-American stereotypes and prejudices or is there reasonable evidence to support such conclusions? First, Mr. O’Connor will explore the historical origins of a set of powerful tropes and stereotypes that emerged describing the American people, their culture and their politics as insular, backward, uncouth, populist and anti-intellectual. Second, he will discuss his research on American’s knowledge of global affairs, foreign languages and geography and how this knowledge compares with that of other nations. Mr. O’Connor hopes this historical and statistical analysis will provide the starting point for an informed and fruitful dialogue on this topic.

Brendon O’Connor joined the United States Studies Centre in 2009 as Associate Professor in American Politics. He was previously with the Department of Politics and Public Policy at Griffith University in Australia. Mr. O’Connor was the Australia Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Centre in Washington DC in 2008 and has also published articles and books on American welfare policy, presidential politics, US foreign policy, and Australian-American relations.

Anti-Americanism vs. American Ignorance - Video - 1:17 hrs

[edit on 14/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by quintal
When France told you not to go to Iraq you lashed out a hate propaganda campaign instead of seeing it was out of friendship that they disapproved you.

You have decimated (killed 10% of) the Iraqi people (if we add the UN blockade to the post-911 invasion) and when some europeans are outraged you cry "hatred".

Wow ignorance at it's worse...

I guess France, Germany, and the other countries who were againt the iraqi war had nothing to do with the fact that THEY HAD DEALS WITH SADDAM HUSSEIN IN THE OIL FOR FOOD SCAM....

reading comprehension, please?
I'm not defending France, I'm blaming those among the americans who are ignorant.

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Meanwhile those European countries kept getting rich over 500,000 Iraqi children of under 5 years old were dying because they were not receiving the help that was supposed to arrive from the Oil for Food SCAM which many nations from the UN, and which were against the war in Iraq were a part of this scam.....

But hey, keep embracing ignorance....

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

Where did you get the idea that I was claiming that France or any other nations were anything other than evil entities? You didnt even read my posts in this thread, or maybe you need to blind yourself in order to dismiss my points.

This is my central thesis : that typical americans dont realize that theirs is an evil country like any other, and this makes them dangerous.

I used to have very educated intelligent and aware american friends and yet they too were under the spell.

It is a unique thing. I don't believe any other country produces such brainwashing.

Everyone knows their country is an evil bastard, except a large majority of americans. This is textbook fascism when you are programmed to believe that your country is a good giant who can do no wrong.

This is also textbook psychosis. Reread my post, you're making me repeat myself. I'm noticing I'm the second person questioning you having read the posts of the people you're replying to.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Whoopdie doo, so with all the evil you perpetrate as a country on other countries and on yourselves, you think a little charitable donation to poorer countries excuses and exemplifies that? You think that the fact that America claims to be the Greatest Nation on Earth and yet ignores it's own evils is excusable when you give some poorer countries a little money?

My god man, you want to be put up on a pedestal for helping poorer people? Never mind the fact that between your countries rich and the Europeans you could afford to feed the entire worlds poor for the next century. What do you want a bloody medal?

All you have essentially done is prove my entire point in this thread. That America, despite it's evils, has a problem admitting it and when taken to task on the issue, would prefer to continue to cover it up by showing examples of a few times when you gave some money to a poorer country - a country that at some point in the past America would have had a hand in screwing up in the first place.

Yup, this is the brainwashing i was talking about.

Every nation has its state propaganda, but propaganda experts come from all over the world to the united states to learn how to do it the best.

The guy you're replying to is just repeating state-propaganda but he is oblivious to this fact. He really believes the crap he is repeating docilely. That's the power of marketing applied to social-conditionning.

In other nations, only ignorant and slightly stupid people believe that their nation is a do-gooder. It is a most childish and ignorant belief and yet even exceptionally intelligent and aware citizen of the united states believe it.

The propaganda is that good there. That's why the whole thing can be called textbook facism.

Take people from the former soviet union for example. Many came to the USA after the fall of the soviet empire and have been warning americans ever since that state-propaganda is much more insidious and efficient in the USA than it used to be in the fearsome soviet union.

Because under the communist regime when some asshole spouted state-propaganda, be it on the radio or in the street, EVERYONE identified his speech as being state propaganda.

So what was needed was just applying a mental filter : "oh right, the usual bull#, thank you and good bye'.

But in the states, people dont realize they are repeating state propaganda.

It is true also in other western countries but at least in these other countries the people dont believe (except the fools) that their country is a do-gooder.

Now when the smart people of a country buy its propaganda down to a childish level, what happens to the fools of that same country? They act like what americans are known for over the world. Which is the topic of this thread.

They walk around claiming their country is the best, the rest of the world is # or irrelevant and so on. Yes that's what you're known for, and if you dont like it just stop supporting it instead of denying it.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I too have witnessed America fall. I would say only 5% of the population are not "sheep" and actually awake. I noticed this downward spiral many years ago so moved to Australasia (9yrs ago) to escape the insanity.. the "idiocracy" that has taken hold in America. The sickness is pervasive and it is a cultural issue more than anything... American culture is rotten to the core. It is based on a mindless and relentless pursuit of media, religion, brands and political party loyalties. There is nothing of any real substance in America anymore and watching from afar it is increasing at an exponential rate. 9/12 demonstration was quite possibly the most horrific thing I have ever witnessed in America. 9/12 was the turning point where idocracy in America was no longer fiction. The downward spiral continues and anyone who points it out is flamed or told "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!". There is a false pride or bravado now I don't really know what to call it. Folks are almost proud of their ignorance and will defend it at all costs. The time for them to wake up has passed, they are lost along with the country as a whole. I seriously advise that anyone left who is still awake to get the hell out while you can. One thing I have come to enjoy about Australasia is a massive increase in freedoms, modern infrastructure, phenomenal health care, great people, etc. Think of yourself as an earthling and find your place on Earth you enjoy most. It is not mandatory that you live in America just because you were born there and certainly not mandatory that you defend it just because you were born there..

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
reply to post by calihan_12

If ur gonna leave the US and go to India it'll be like out of the frying pan and into the fire (My suggestion). Everything will change from the climate to the environment to the lifestyle. What you read off books about India is just a propaganda! It's still real messy here. 70 to 75% is still rural. Around 20% would be middle class.
The culture and tradition that you spew is nothing but BS. Its something fanciful that developed over the years. It's one of the main reasons why India is sooo backward.
If u think the economy is better here, ur wrong again! All the Indian government has been doing is making a lot of noise and drama... The people here are still greatly dependent on the Outsourcing and Off shoring of jobs. Its not like the Indian government created any jobs.
Pretty much changes are taking place on a GLOBAL scale. You mite want to rethink to move to China or Singapore maybe (Just a suggestion).
Like I said before "The grass is always greener on the other side!!!"

ok. well ive visited many times. my boyfriend lived there for a year. so... not really sure what you are talking about, but okay

im not going to be working a normal job there anyways, finances are covered.. so i really dont need to worry about that bit.

as far as living, we would be living close to manali/near the himalayas. . and theres not a lot happening there which is why i like that area the best.

but thanks for trying to give me advice. not sure i needed it though.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Originally posted by calihan_12
well, look at how america was founded. by the killing of millions of native americans who had never even seen a white man before and had no idea what they were in for.

I wasn't going to reply to anything and feed this, but holy #. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Re-read your American history, kid, because you're way off there.

Pointing out atrocities is good. Exaggerating them for your stupid, feeble-minded political agenda is not.

i remember you from other posts and all you do is say negative things. so... i could honestly care less about anything you say. and i know my american history, thank you very much.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by useless eaters

WOW, could your post be any more insulting and off-topic? Do you not know that what you just said proves my point ENTIRELY? By claiming that Australia is "backward" and full of "kangaroo-humpers" you are showing the willful ignorance and arrogance that has been my point the entire time.

Thank you for proving my point.

said that???

Well I guess my fellow chicken pumping Americans dig your Roo's, keep them safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join