It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
ATTENTION:

Please stay focussed on the topic. And leave the insults at the door.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Civility and decorum are expected.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
OK, I am going to try this one more time. The following video is of a customs search at an airport somewhere here in Australia (I believe it's Brisbane but I could be wrong). It is of an American who has just arrived here and is asked to go through a ROUTINE search.

Note: The search performed on this man is ROUTINE for foreigners coming into Australia, even for many Aussies returning home (I have had this exact search on several occasions). The search is exactly the same as this man would have received in most other countries in the world after 9/11. I post this as merely one example of many, but I must point out one more time that I am aware that not all Americans are like this. But considering this happens more often than not (this behaviour is apparently seen on a daily basis according to a mate of mine working at Sydney Customs - always from Americans) then you can see where I am coming from when I say that America needs to change it's image to outsiders.

My question is, to those who claim to have been "disagreeing" with me - do you condone this sort of behaviour occurring on a daily basis from Americans visiting other countries?

And without further ado, the video........................

[edit on 17/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

America is sick alright, sick and tired of the lies that are being told by our

politicians out of Washington DC. This president is not the first black president

he is the first black and white president and we have been brain washed to believe

he is a totally black president which is not true.

It is not the color of the skin it is the color of the ideals and ideas that I

disagree within this administration.

When I look at this president I do not see black or white I see a person I

disagree with 90% of the time.

I see an administration that is bend on circumventing our constitution at

every level starting with the appointed Czars.

This administration is very clever to throw out the race card into everyone's

face and this puts the Weople on the defensive and controls them on

expressing their true beliefs and again not the color of the skin of a person

but what they truly believe.

President Clinton was the first to call obama on using the race card not a

Republican, Independent, libertarian or racist.

Jimmy Carter pulling the race card is a joke this is a strategy that this

administration is using to promote the race card to keep the opposition off

balance. Do not be deceived this president is white and black and not the

first true black president. The truth can hurt. ^Y^

[edit on 17-9-2009 by amari]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

Unfortunately I would have to agree with you. I do not like giving up, it's not in my nature, but here it's just like smashing my head repeatedly against a brick wall.

I can only hope SOME people can take something away from this.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No, you stay, I'll leave. This thread was meant for you not me. The wording of this thread was enginered to provoke. Indeed, "America is sick" the intent could hardly be anything else. So, I am provoked! Mission accomplished. Now your puzzled at the outcome, WTF ?

Anyway, my hands are tied. I can no longer address this thread without being in violation of my TOA. This is true because I alone say so and not because of any action of the ATS moderating team.

So, it's all yours, Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm absolutely sick and fed-up of people defending crap.

Please, don't bring up..."Well, many other countries have their problems..." Blah blah blah. We already know that. We're not here to discuss the problems other countries cause. We're talking about America.

I am not an American, but I do know what's going on in the world, and what has been going on in the world.
Just as you can say...America has some wonderful, nice, caring people that live there...I can say the same about any country, including my own.
But, the topic isn't about how "nice" the place is, or any other place. So, to talk about anything else other than what the OP is referring to, is to deter from his point.

America and Americans have done some pretty hideous things in the past. Some of the most dynamic, extraordinary, but negative changes that have ever impacted humanity has come from that place. I don't want to hear about its "freedom to all"...That's BS. America's freedom is an illusion.

I'm in no means biased, as some of you clearly are. America is sick! Trinidad is too. I am a Trinidadian and I've lived here all my life. I am not proud to be Trinidadian, nor am I happy living here. It is a disgusting place to live...and anyone with some common sense, a taste for justice and positivity knows very well what I'm talking about. I call it as I see it. If it's BS...I'll call it its name.

If I must go further, I will say...this entire god-forsaken planet is sick. Humanity is sick! We need a wake up call and true enlightenment very soon. Because, if we do not achieve that quickly...we are doomed and so too is our once beloved planet.

Get a clue! And get your personal feelings and petty emotional, childish views out of the picture. Stay there and bicker about your "freedom" and your stars and stripes painted with blood...see how far that gets you.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by sdrawkcabII]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

The Austrian you refer to. Is that Arnuld?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

1. The creation is highly stratified. If you believe everything is the same then try having cow pies for breakfast. We constantly make decision and should make decisions regarding high/low, good/bad.
  2. People are very weak
  3. Like attracts like in the realm of the mind
  4. Discrimination is natural and a very good thing. Generalizing it to a stereotype is an often unfortunate simplification. But it stems from the a natural defensive survival instinct. IE better safe than sorry.
  5. Prejudice is everywhere. Take India as an example. For hundreds and hundreds of years they have operated under the con of the caste system using it to butcher each others lives. Today the big caste con is education. Nothing has really changed. The education con or the "Fit" con rules the business world in the US.
  6. There are good associations and bad associations
  7. Degrading and ignorance is actively promoted. That means putting the low class out front and flaunting them.
  8. Racial differences exist for natural and necessary reasons.
  9. The US is a puppet state
  10. The promotion of prejudice is a classic manipulation technique used to misdirect attention, fabricate enemies, misdirect blame, etc..
  11. People act sincere only to the extent of their self interest.

What is the point of trying to claim the USA is somehow special on this? Most of the Indian scalps went to Europe. Slavery was instituted in the US by Europe. The poor Africans had to mutilate their appearance to try and make themselves unattractive to slave traders. Racism and other prejudices have been practices by pretty much every European country. Go to China and you won't have much trouble finding people that view their culture superior to another. Go to the middle east and see if you can find equality.

The efforts to dilute the world to one where everyone accepts everyone else and everything else results in the lowest common denominator. If you want to be associating with the bottom of society just play along with that philosophy. The idea that all "prejudice" is wrong is nothing but cheap social engineering. People have their right and the natural need to place themselves in the situations that work for them. The goal should be tolerance not acceptance. There is a very, very vast difference between tolerating the existence of something and accepting it.

In a pure struggle for survival, most people will look for ways to position themselves favorably over other people. This has been leveraged time an again by the manipulators of societies. At the same time people, quite naturally, approve or disapprove, relate or don't relate to others. What is your claim of "America is sick" other than the same prejudice and manipulation? Today it's "America is sick", yesterday it was the blacks, before that the Jews, your just exemplifying the same behavior.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A dose of reality
So you think the USA is seething with soulless reprobates? Let's look back at history;
The ancients regularly had to put with greedy kingdoms that would march upon neighboring lands,conquering and plundering them as a result. Often times, the vanquished become slaves to their new overlords. The Jews felt that sting more than once.

The Persians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, plus others are regular features in biblical history telling of the constant warfare and deaths of millions over millennium. All of it based on greed, and hatred of other ethnic groups and cultures.

Africans have been at each other throats since the beginning of time. They're still at it.

Then you have the rise of the Mogul hordes who swept across the breadth of Europe, pillaging and sacking everything they came into contact with. China in the beginning was a collection of warring war lords that sought to enrich themselves by killing off each other and taking land, prisoners of war that became slaves, concubines.
The Russians are a loose confederation of ethnic groups, that have chopped and hacked at each other forever. Right up to the cultural revolution of Lenin and Stalin. Millions died.

Wars within the European continent have slaughtered millions. World Wars One and Two perfected the mechanization of wholesale death for many non combatants. The Jews and other ethnics once again felt the rawness of cold blooded murder.

The Spanish long sought and held military might over Europe, were always at odds with Portugal, France and Britain for supremacy. The Spanish and to some extent, the Portuguese, discovered the Caribbean plus Central and South America. The natives didn't stand a chance. They succumbed to cold steel, and diseases they had no immunity for. Millions eventually died off. All in the pursuit of GOLD, exotic resources, and power.

Piracy was established in the Caribbean by errant Dutch, English, Spanish, and Portuguese mercenaries. No one was safe.

The Slave trade was both a Dutch and African enterprise. England wasn't the leader of it, as some think.

Spain was a nation whose captured foreign nationals were then sold off as slaves on the open markets. Often times, the Middle Eastern nomadic tribesmen would buy them, and make wives or concubines out of the women, and laborers out of the men.
This nefarious business still goes on today, only it is a underground business. White gold is highly prized. ( a blonde woman )
The sex slave trades still flourish, and girls are kidnapped from all over the globe to support it.

In India, the Hindi Thug cult of Northern India murdered for profit for generations, until an English lord finally put a stop to it.

Don't over look the Nordic's who for five hundred years or more, raided and sacked the entire North Sea's area. Eventually they reached the coasts of Iceland, Greenland and Newfoundland. I doubt that any contact with the natives was cordial.

England's ruling caste was an oppressive and brutal system of royal families who would think nothing of eliminating anyone by any means who was considered a threat to their sovereignty and power. The powerful and influential rode the backs of the lower class, working them relentlessly and taxing them to death. The life span of the common peon was about 29 years old.

Even the onslaught of the Black Death, wasn't enough to render the Elite to become more humane towards the survivors. They upped the ante, and went to war on their own citizens, forcing them into servitude serfdom.
Religious warfare put to the axe many millions who refused to kneel and convert from paganism to Christianity.

Religious war between the Catholic and Protestant worshiping was relentless. Rome has directed and ordered the deaths of millions over a thousand years, who it saw as enemies of the Holy Cross. This is saving souls?
When the persecuted puritans of England who wanted to practice their religion as they saw fit, without the ramifications of the King coming down on them, then got the chance to go to a new and wild land, they jumped at the opportunity.

One of my own relatives came to America in 1636 on the ship Lyon. He was a Protestant Minister as well. He wrote of the natives who inhabited the area around Portsmouth, and had respect for them. So did his wife.

Unfortunately, the men who had taken advantage of the indigenous Indians of the North America's in the beginning were French Fur traders. They in turn, opened the interior lands to others who came from England and Europe. White men found that the Indians could easily taken advantage of. Instead of respecting a different culture, and their lands, they did as they always had done.
Which was to conquer them, try to convert them, take their lands by force or trickery, and give them things that they hadn't known.
The Flu, Chicken Pox was some of it. Many hundreds of thousands died. Liquor and cheap junk were other treats whites gave the natives, in return for tons of furs and hides and lands.

Once the natives began to wise up, that these new people were screwing them over, they fought back. Approximately three quarters of the original inhabitants of the North American Continent were wiped out in 200 years.

Today's modern paradigm of rabidly greedy businessmen and increasingly jaded populace, is a reflection of what has been going on for ten thousand years between men and cultures. Nothing is new. Therefore, do not try to pin
the sins and ills of inhumanity on the USA or its multi cultural minions.

The Buck didn't start here, nor does it end here. It is spread evenly across the expanses of the globe. Depravity in all its forms, seems to be universal.

The long and short of it is; we are all the sum of our parts and influences, both historical and current.

Today we face a brutally intolerant new horde of invading neo-moguls of the Middle East. The Saracens of modernity are sweeping through streets, killing indiscriminately everywhere they can reach. The religious intolerance of other cultures and practices continues unabated. Roiling warfare by great Kingly Leaders of their lands for resources and power rages on. They will eliminate anyone, by any means if it threatens their sovereignty and power.
History repeats itself over and over again.

If you don't look back, you'll never see where you've been. Myopic vision and obtuse thinking serve no one.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join