It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is Sick

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Racism in Australia facts

www.antar.org.au...

Clean up your own back yard.

We did. Or at least we made a bloody good start.....

Apology from the Australian Federal Government to the Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander People - 13 February, 2008

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I think that part of the problem is that people accept that hating someone that different from you based simply on the fact that the person is different is normal and therefore should be understandable and acceptable.

This logic works well until they are the ones that is the target of the hatred.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm not going to read through the thread because I'm pretty sure it would be fairly painful and nasty, but I wanted to give my view regarding the OP.

I agree that America is sick and as someone mentioned, it started with the fact that we killed off the natives to take their land... It has gotten better and worse over the years, but today, it's pretty sick. The government is sick, the people are sick, the air, water and food are sick. Our eating and spending habits are sick. Our finances are sick. Our attitudes and prejudices are sick.

The "idea" of America is about the only thing about us that isn't sick. But sadly, we don't live up to that idea, not by a long shot, but we pay it lip service, instead.

And forget comparing us to other nations. The measure of a country is based on whether or not they live to the standards that they set for themselves. And we don't.

Don't get me wrong, I love my country. And I would fight to my death for it. But right now, we're in very a bad way... We need healing. And I don't know if healing is possible. It may be that we are terminally ill...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I could not agree with you more.

We need a healing.

There is no easy cure but until we accept the ugly facts that our country is in need of healing we have lost because we never started.

And I don't know if healing is possible. It may be that we are terminally ill...

I hate to think that we are terminally ill because that does not leave us much room for hope and hope is about all we have right now.

I think an America without hope is much sadder than an America that is ill; after all they shoot horses don't they?

-edited for text lost in transfer-

[edit on 13-9-2009 by NightSkyeB4Dawn]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

He's just a troll. He's not even an American, just pretends to be.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Is America terminally ill?

Is this the best we can expect?

I know that there are some that doubt my love for my country because I dare speak of her illness and infirmities but it is because I do love this country that I voice my observations.

America is not dead but any chance that we have of saving her is slipping away and I can assure you we will more than mourn her passing.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

...i always try to learn about someones culture and language so they see im at least trying to live life like they do, and not like some spoiled american.

other countries are usually only dangerous for americans if you LOOK and ACT like an american. ie wearing the same watch you wear in america.. wearing normal clothes... fannypacks.. you name it. if you look like you dont have money then they wont mess with you. you cant go to another country acting and looking the same way you do in america.

...its really not that different living there, if you learn to live the way they do

So, what you are saying is when you go to another country, you try to ...assimilate?????

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Kryties

Yes but the countries where they come from don't make a huge deal of declaring that they are the Worlds Best at everything and making sure the world knows it.

Are you sure?

You see many Americans going to foreign countries, and ?

What exactly do they say?

Hi I am an American, you suck ?

You dont have to meet americans in person to observe that this is a very common behavior among them.
Just frequent social spaces on the net... it happens everytime a bunch of americans are around. There are always some typical americans who never waste an opportunity of expressing their complete despise for any other country than their own.

The point is, there are obnoxious overly proud nationals in every country but in america, it is the norm. It is the crap you are fed with from craddle to grave. Only a minority of americans have wisen up and realized that theirs ISNT the greatest country in the world, and theirs ISNT the good giant of world's history.

Brainwashed obnoxious children, that's what you rightly pass for. Except a minority.

I explain it with History, the united states are a young nation that has never known war on its soil.
We europeans know that our countries are evil, because our countries have committed horrible deeds many times in the course of two millenia and we know it.

But you guys... your idea of yourselves is more like a disney cartoon than a historical documentary. You believe you only do good in the world.

And this is not only obnoxious and ridiculous, it is psychotic and evil.

When you can't face your negative side, you are a human hazard. You walk around claiming how great you are while #ting on everyone's face and singing halleluya.

WE know we screw around with weaker nations. You dont know you do. You can't face that reality. It would shatter your dreamworld of "america is GOOD".
This is more than stupid, this is insane and evil.

Stop pretending to be good, you aren't. You are Farking nazi germany. You are the BAD cop of the world.
You are Britain's pitbull. You are the visible center of the world's dark empire. Not good.

Since 9/11 nearly everyone has realized that.
The show is over. Maybe it's time for you (I'm talking here about the ignorant americans) to get a clue too.

P.S. As for healing. Yes healing is a good idea. And healing takes one thing to start with : facing the sickness. The pain. The error of one's ways. Good luck because as a whole you seem uncannily unaccustomed to doing it.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by quintal]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
delete

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Give me a FRIGGIN BREAK... this thread is total crap. If America were racist and bigoted we wouldn't have a black president. We wouldn't have hip-hop as the most popular form of music right now. We wouldn't have bilingual education, the idea of which bothers me given your generalization of Americans as not learning the language before coming to other countries. Honestly I can't stand to see this kind of bitching. If you don't believe this thread is racist use Edit>Find and search the very first post to see how many times he/she uses the word "white" in it to refer to white people negatively. This thread is racism.

Everyone of every race experiences racism, it is just part of the human experience. I will never pity someone just because they believe the world is out to get them because of their race. I'm sick of people always thinking it's cool to trash white people all the time, it happens way more than you would think. Seriously, what have white people ever done to you? Most of the white people I know aren't racist at all, and the small group that do say racist things only do it because they are tired of experiencing racism from dumb ass people like yourself.

Racism affects all people of all races. If you think it just affects your race then your perspective is sadly limited.

By the way, whenever I visit another country I ALWAYS learn basic phrases of communication. Also, who cares if some people choose to wear fanny packs? Why do you hate that, and how does it even matter? My dad wears a fanny pack around when he travels (I would never wear one myself) and he is the NICEST guy you will ever meet. Why would there be any reason to hate on him just because of how he dresses? Seriously, please confront your personal issues.

Originally posted by calihan_12
every foreigner ive ever met has only said bad things about americans. so you have to be the one who makes a good name for them. if you dont.. then dont talk about how you are such a great wonderful american.

Sounds like you have just met a lot of stupid s*** talkers. Aren't you American? Why are you such a hypocrite? I'm guessing that you just hate white people so you think this crap is justified. Please move to India and get the hell over yourself. I hope you feel wonderfully self important living in their caste system.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

what a bunch of sheet.....

their arent points anymore, you know that right!!!!!!

Click on the name in your avatar and it will take you to your profile where you can see your point total.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

you are obviously not understanding what im saying. when i said dont act like a typical american.. i was implying to not act like a spoiled brat.

You don't write like an American, either. I take it you really aren't an American, or are an ESL student? Seems to me you are just an America-bashing troll.

can you read? i stated many posts back that YES i am american, born in california. you are so good at proving just how dumb some americans are, thank you for making my job easier.

i just LOVE ignorant, uneducated americans.

keep cool, this forum has a rule against personal attacks.
yes some posters here are proving your points.
just dont say it too brashly.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

what a bunch of sheet.....

their arent points anymore, you know that right!!!!!!

There isn't?

Well is looks like you just proved mine.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
OP

You are absolutely right. And here is the sickness. Government.

Our founding fathers were not perfect, but they did try to right a perfect framework for government.

Its main and I MEAN main purpose was to restrict control of the people by the government. The only laws that could be broken were ones that either hurt another or infringed on the rights of another.

Now we have laws for EVERYTHING, we have no freedom. NONE WHATSOEVER.

Yes America is sick and it suffers from governmentitus, a good revolution always cured that ill!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
america's not sick.

america's terminal.

300 million souls in a capsized boat.

me, i'm hanging on for the ride, and enjoying a front row seat.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Spoiled Americans? Hell, I can barely afford to travel a few states never mind leave the country.

America is sick. Yes, we have many flaws that need fixing, but we have some amazingly wonderful people here. We have many Americans who have friendships all over the world. Not everyone hates America. We are a melting pot of cultures. People have come here from all over the world, left their own countries to come here. Don't judge all Americans. We are a diverse group of individuals.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by soul of integrity
america's not sick.

america's terminal.

300 million souls in a capsized boat.

me, i'm hanging on for the ride, and enjoying a front row seat.

at least dont be part of a human rosy-cross like the actors in Titanic ;-)
(she was holding her arms out while he was holding the rose on her chest)
these movies are evil.

The whole world may capsize if the USA do, but many will cheer anyway if they do because they've pissed them off for too long.

I believe this and other discussions on the same topic are a chance we are giving to the ignorant americans : get a clue, fess up, man up because you dont have much time left to do it. Loose the macho john wayne "we are the best" crap, you're really out of time now.

You're nearly exploding and you'll only have the inner strength and the outside help not to burst completely belly up if you STOP acting like the self-satisfied morons you have acted like for so long.

NO you arent the best. No the others arent inferior. No they arent "backward" (sic) (it is spelt "backwards" sir, in YOUR native language which isnt mine.)

No your ways arent the best ways. No the mission of america isnt about parading yelling how you are better than everyone else.

You took your mission in the most childish ignorant immature way, like 2 year old kids proud that their daddy has a big car.
Alright, your dad has a big car, but the car was supposed to help everybody, to be of SERVICE, not to stomp on everyone's face.

America was the only country to have a constitution that guarantees that its citizens are kings in their own right, on their own land. That's what it's about. Not lording it over the people of the world, not parading around #ting on everybody else barking that you're the best.

Any gift you have, you have it in order to SERVE others, not to serve yourself. That's maturity.

You have been given more than others and you have used this opportunity to require less of yourselves than the rest of the world require of themselves.

"spoiled brat" is perfectly fitting.

Pain, discomfort, fear are doing you much good. Finally some of you are getting a clue and trying to warn the rest. The current crisis is a blessing. You blew it after 9/11, it was a great opportunity that you turned into fear, war and dictatorship.

Now comes the mother of all economic depressions. Show us what you got. We wanna see the real cowboys now.

Guess what, the people you despise and call "backwards" know how to live off the land with little money or tech. They know how to heal, feed and so on with self made means. Some even know how to respect nature around them. That's how they survived for at least FIFTY THOUSAND YEARS (the aborigenes).

Who's your daddy now?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

If you don't believe this thread is racist use Edit>Find and search the very first post to see how many times he/she uses the word "white" in it to refer to white people negatively. This thread is racism.

In the original post the term white was used only twice and neither time was it used to say anything negative about any person.

I guess I should be pleased that it riles so many people to have to face the fact that racism is still alive and well in our country. I would be more pleased if they were riled enough to do something about it.

By the way entertainment was usually provided by the slaves for their masters so I would not use hip hop as an example of America not being racist.

And I think it would speak better of America if her president was not always referred to as the Black or Half Black president.

But I forgot that I am speaking to someone that believes that everyone experiences racism and that it is acceptable part of human nature so I doubt if we will ever agree on anything but I respect your honesty if not your opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I would have to say that Americans are amongst the most distrusted and hated people when it comes to travelling abroad. This stems from the fact that some of you think you can stomp into another country and be treated like a god because you are American. I have personally witnessed this first hand at Sydney Airport Customs where an American was pulled aside to be searched and starting yelling things like "How dare you search me! I am American I should be trusted everywhere!". The bloke who was tasked with searching him looked like he wanted to bash the American's head in but he maintained a professional cool even when insulted and called a terrorist for not trusting him. I use this as merely one example from many I have seen myself and many more I have read or heard about.

Put simply, if you do not want to be hated when you go to another country, do not stomp in declaring you are American, how everything in this country is not as good as in America and expect some sort of god-like treatment just because you are American. This is a sure-fire way to be ignored and hated at best, and find yourself in some serious doo-doo at worst.

Kind of sounds like west coast and east coast folks act when they come to the south.

They think they are automatically 3 grades above everyone they meet, and can talk down to them any time they feel like it.

And all you ever here about is how great it was "back out west" or "back up north".

If it's so great there, feel free to return at your leisure!!!!

See, I can generalize too!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join