It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to extraterrestrials... Why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Don't give me that "bigger meaning and purpose" crap. These fugly aliens show as many morals as Dr. Josef Mengele. There is no excuse for sexual molestation, rape, and pedophilia. None. Just because they're a superior, space-faring society doesn't give them the right to exploit the natives. As a libertarian, I despise imperialism of any sort whether it's in our own society or another, because imperialism is the exploitation of those who cannot properly defend themselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
One word... Control

Its all about controlling the populace.. Otherwise, why deal with the government? They've demonstrated their superiority over us on numerous occasions. Shutting down missile silo's, flying over the White House...

If there has been a deal, I suspect we were given the terms.

Someone once told me, in a slaughter house, the cows don't realize whats going to happen until the very end... Otherwise, they get stressed & panic and it is suppose to effect the quality of the meat....

Did you ever see that episode of 'The Outer Limits'? "To Serve Man"....
lol "It's a cookbook!!!"

Wouldn't Humans be the perfect cattle for an alien race? Dump our genetics on a planet (Adam & Eve), tell them to be fruitful & multiply...
Give them a little help once in awhile until they are relatively self sufficient and abundant... Then, come back and harvest....

Notice our high fat diet in North America.... yup... We are being fattened for the slaughter.... Thank you Rotten Ronnie, Booger King, etc, etc....

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

A triple response, here.

To observe50: I like your thoughts on the issue. I'd never considered 'man who walks the land', but it's striking a cord with me. We consider birds to be creatures of the air, dominant in their environment. They take out our airplanes (rarely...), they hunt from the air, it is their home. Same with squid and the water. I can see now how we can be land walkers and that would differentiate us from those below and above. Interesting viewpoint.

As far as considering the Gray's to be hostile... I've never met one. If I had, I could make some type of judgement. I haven't. So I can't.

Kojiro: You can't possibly believe that you can understand what goes through their heads when they are operating on their 'victims'. I seriously doubt they see life and ethics as we do. If they exist.

And ByteChanger: Also, a good point. Best beef comes from cattle that are allowed the free run of their lives while not knowing they are in captivity. Still, we don't feed them full of chemical cocktails for the flavor they will have later. If an alien's allowing us to pollute our bodies so that we'll be fatter, they've got a shock coming. We'd probably kill them if they were to eat us. Would make a lot more sense to keep us from looking up, to weed out the intelligent and resistant among us so that their herd would be more docile and accepting of their confinement. We are, by no means, confined.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
Kojiro: You can't possibly believe that you can understand what goes through their heads when they are operating on their 'victims'. I seriously doubt they see life and ethics as we do. If they exist.

Unethical is still unethical.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

By OUR standards.

Cats believe it is their right to kill mice. Do we judge THEM on their ethics?

Ethics is a moral philosophy. Human philosophy is based on our history, what's generally accepted by society, and what we value as most important. You can't judge the ethical decisions of non-humans because you don't know any of the information that led to their system of ethics.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You are speaking of EVIL DEMON/ALIENS WHO sneak around GALAXY FOR THEIR OWN NEEDS. ANGEL/ALIENS ARENT AFRAID OF COMMUNICATING WITH MASSES IN FACT THEY ENJOY IT. SNEAKY 1z ALWAYS HIDE TILL THEY SAY MAKE A MARS AND MOVE TO THE NEXT HEAVENLY BODY FORTUNATLEY THIS IS THEIR LAST STOP"EARTH"

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

By OUR standards.

Cats believe it is their right to kill mice. Do we judge THEM on their ethics?

Ethics is a moral philosophy. Human philosophy is based on our history, what's generally accepted by society, and what we value as most important. You can't judge the ethical decisions of non-humans because you don't know any of the information that led to their system of ethics.

Actually I rather agree with the cats. An uncontrolled mouse population can be such a bother.

Regardless, the question here is of sapience, not sentience. A sapient creature should recognize the rights and dignity of another sapient species. These aliens behave in the same cruel and unethical standards the imperialists of this world have practiced throughout history against those whom are weaker.

They may not be overtly malevolent with the "Boo-Hiss twirl my mustache" pastiche of evil, but they are certainly very far from benevolent. Their trade is rape and violation of our dignity, and shame on their culture for making them think this is okay.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

They may not be overtly malevolent with the "Boo-Hiss twirl my mustache" pastiche of evil

I laughed pretty hard at that! Thanks, I needed it.

But look, what reports to do you see of these fellas wearing clothes? From best guess, these guys are at least moderately telepathic, or communicate in a way we don't understand. Modesty and privacy as we see it may be well beyond their comprehension. I'm not saying I'm on the wagon for mutilation and dissection, but at least give some thought to our differences.

WE may not be sapient as THEY understand it. While we believe we have wisdom, in their eyes, wisdom may be a concept so altered and distorted in our view that we, ourselves, would not define it as such.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm a long time lurker, but this particular subject actually inspired me to join.

Provided there's any truth to the UFO phenomenon, and aliens do visit on a regular basis:

First of all, they are not malevolent. If they were, we wouldn't be around for very long. For a species that has developed interstellar travel, pushing an asteroid from its normal orbit and watching the show would be way too easy. There would be no need for an invasion like in the movies. It would be over pretty quick, and there wouldn't be enough survivors or anything left to threaten them. And since that hasn't happened, apparently the aliens mean no harm.

So, why the secretiveness?

The theory I find most plausible in explaining alien behavior in regards to us humans is known as Zoo Hypothesis.

Let's take it from our own perspective first. Let's say you're on a research team to Tanzania, and your job is that of a biologist. Your goal is learn about the major species there, and the impact they have on the environment, and the overall health of both species and the ecosystem. It doesn't take very long to figure out that the apex species there is the chimpanzee. And by monitoring the chimps, you notice they're quite a social animal. But you also note that they don't take very well to any intrusions upon their territory. It is quite possible for one of them to rip your arm off and beat you with it. So yes, they are plenty dangerous if not approached correctly. So you make sure that you approach with due caution. And by observing social norms of the chimps, you find that it's possible to enter their territory by first gaining trust of the alpha troop members. This is done by giving them treats, and occasionally engaging in subservient behavior. Once you have the acceptance of the alphas, it's possible to encroach upon the other members of the troop without raising the full alarm. Now you can engage the troop members as you would with other animal species when doing wildlife surveys. That's right, you do full medical examinations, take tissue samples, and attach various tracking systems (tag & release). Now do you think the chimpanzees of the sample population for your research enjoy being subject to invasive procedures and possible rough handling while being sedated for observation? I'd suspect not. But as long as you keep the alphas supplied with bannanas, they're not going to take too much issue with it.

Now lets change from the perspective of human researchers, to that of alien ones. And now put humans in the place of chimps as the apex species. Of course we humans don't have the brute strength of chimps, but we do have intellect that make us much more dangerous. And as an alien, you don't want all the monkeys getting worked up. Especially when there's six billion of them that can raise the alarm at the speed of light. And instead of you-know-what to throw around, there's things like nukes. So yes, as an alien, you'd try to remain as little seen as possible. And once you give the alphas (the gov't) enough banannas, you're free to carry on the research of star system (Sol) under the domain of your caretaking or oversight. And yes, that includes tag and release upon humans. And since we're too smart and would remove obvious tags or tracking collars, that's why more invasive implants are used.

So zoo hypothesis is a very good fit. As malevolent as some of their actions may seem, it's just part of the job. Watch how biologists and park rangers handle the animals under their oversight on PBS or the Discovery Channel. Do you think the animals love that? But are the reasearchers doing what they do to the animals to be evil? No, rather it's because they actually care and like to contribute to knowledge of biology and the environment.

Eventually though, once we are capable of leaving the "cage" known as the Sol system, I suspect aliens will address us on more direct terms. Because then we can affect them, and there's the potential to cause harm.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

They may not be overtly malevolent with the "Boo-Hiss twirl my mustache" pastiche of evil

I laughed pretty hard at that! Thanks, I needed it.

But look, what reports to do you see of these fellas wearing clothes?

If you're referring to the Greys, roughly half of the reports give them clothing. The same goes for their apparent Reptilian and Mantid masters. The Nordics are always reported with clothing. In any case, the Greys don't really seem to be an independent species. As I stated, they seem to be subservient to the taller Mantid Greys and the Reptilians. I suspect the Greys are some manner of biological android designed to carry out the organized tasks of their designers. The same might very well go for the Mantids as well, being bred specifically to oversee tasks. This leaves the Reptilians and the Nordics as the possible true masterminds of the operation.

From best guess, these guys are at least moderately telepathic, or communicate in a way we don't understand. Modesty and privacy as we see it may be well beyond their comprehension. I'm not saying I'm on the wagon for mutilation and dissection, but at least give some thought to our differences.

WE may not be sapient as THEY understand it. While we believe we have wisdom, in their eyes, wisdom may be a concept so altered and distorted in our view that we, ourselves, would not define it as such.

As an advanced society, they should be able to suspect sapience from their ability to bargain with our governments and the technologies and society we have developed. True, I've noticed a few Americans that seem barely conscious, but I've met many more that are fully aware of their surroundings and capable of complex thought and debate. We are very clearly sapient. The aliens just don't seem to care.

Originally posted by pauljs75
I'm a long time lurker, but this particular subject actually inspired me to join.

Provided there's any truth to the UFO phenomenon, and aliens do visit on a regular basis:

First of all, they are not malevolent. If they were, we wouldn't be around for very long. For a species that has developed interstellar travel, pushing an asteroid from its normal orbit and watching the show would be way too easy. There would be no need for an invasion like in the movies. It would be over pretty quick, and there wouldn't be enough survivors or anything left to threaten them. And since that hasn't happened, apparently the aliens mean no harm.

This is a strawman, because I never once claimed that they were trying to destroy us. I said they were harvesting us. Why would you kill your crop or herd of cattle? Because it's evidently clear we are seen along the same lines, as a resource to be used and abused.

So, why the secretiveness?

The theory I find most plausible in explaining alien behavior in regards to us humans is known as Zoo Hypothesis.

Let's take it from our own perspective first. Let's say you're on a research team to Tanzania, and your job is that of a biologist. Your goal is learn about the major species there, and the impact they have on the environment, and the overall health of both species and the ecosystem. It doesn't take very long to figure out that the apex species there is the chimpanzee. And by monitoring the chimps, you notice they're quite a social animal. But you also note that they don't take very well to any intrusions upon their territory. It is quite possible for one of them to rip your arm off and beat you with it. So yes, they are plenty dangerous if not approached correctly. So you make sure that you approach with due caution. And by observing social norms of the chimps, you find that it's possible to enter their territory by first gaining trust of the alpha troop members. This is done by....

Okay, just stop, stop, stop. This is just trying to apologize their immoral behavior. Since when have biologists ever crossbred human DNA with that of chimps to create human-chimp hybrids--and impregnate the female chimps with them? While Earth may seem like a zoo from time to time, the aliens are not behaving like zookeepers for the care and study of exotic animals. They are actively raping us by using our genetics for some twisted hybrid experiment. For what, I don't know, the reasons given range from silence to numerous contradictive stories. It's evident that the more human looking hybrids are being used to infiltrate our society, probably to make their harvesting operation easier.

We also don't lie to the chimps. We don't reward them for some behavior and then later punish them for the same behavior later (to give an example of how you can lie to an animal like a chimp). We know this confuses the animal and breeds into it antisocial behaviors from the few (acknowledged to be unethical) experiments that have been done. Zookeepers want the chimps to be friendly to visitors, not crap-flinging jerks. The aliens? They lie to us constantly, about where they're from, that they're allegedly not coming back, that their procedures won't hurt, and so on.

The aliens are not our friends.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

I don't care if you're new in the writing aspect, that was probably the best laid-out argument I've seen. It fits every aspect of UFO's and aliens that I've considered. While your post was reasoned and thought out, it was presented in a very non-condescending manner and a third grader would have still understood it.

As far as I am concerned, the case is closed for me. Well done.

Kojiro:

Okay, just stop, stop, stop. This is just trying to apologize their immoral behavior. Since when have biologists ever crossbred human DNA with that of chimps to create human-chimp hybrids--and impregnate the female chimps with them?

Happens all the time with all kinds of animals. We cross-pollinate flowers, we breed all manner of animals, wild and domesticated. This is how we got chihuahuas. I know, I was disappointed when I found out they weren't really aliens, too.

While Earth may seem like a zoo from time to time, the aliens are not behaving like zookeepers for the care and study of exotic animals. They are actively raping us by using our genetics for some twisted hybrid experiment. For what, I don't know, the reasons given range from silence to numerous contradictive stories. It's evident that the more human looking hybrids are being used to infiltrate our society, probably to make their harvesting operation easier.

Military tribunals concerning genetic modifications. World tribunals for genetic alteration, genetic enhancement, and unethical studies into embryonic development regarding the implementation of non-human genes into humans. Google any one of these, man. If I remember correctly, there's a mad scientist, last seen in Yugoslavia which began his testing in the US. When the funding was cut, he jumped ship and is still at large.

We also don't lie to the chimps. We don't reward them for some behavior and then later punish them for the same behavior later (to give an example of how you can lie to an animal like a chimp). We know this confuses the animal and breeds into it antisocial behaviors from the few (acknowledged to be unethical) experiments that have been done. Zookeepers want the chimps to be friendly to visitors, not crap-flinging jerks. The aliens? They lie to us constantly, about where they're from, that they're allegedly not coming back, that their procedures won't hurt, and so on.

Chimps, apes, even dogs can understand our language. They read more than just words, though they do understand a few. They read body language, tension, and desire as well. I've told my dog that going to the vet for a rabies shot wasn't going to hurt. She may not have understood my words, but she understood my intention. While the vet was poking her, she just stared at me with those big brown eyes, hoping I wouldn't leave her. See, we understand THEIR language, too. That being said, we are ALWAYS rewarding good behavior. In our own population as well as that of the animals around us. And we punish for bad behavior too. It's the whole idea of conditioned response.

The aliens are not our friends.

I suppose I just don't taste good to them, because I've never been visited. I may not be their friend, but I'm not on their menu, either.

And last: I am American. I am not half-asleep. I am aware. I am also open to new ideas and am full of that which America is known for. Hope. Not the Obama kind of hope, but the kind of hope which will allow a person to do the impossible. The kind of hope that will lead a person when everyone else is stumbling in the dark. Hope, intelligence, love, wisdom, curiosity, and an open mindedness not found in many places in this world.

You can be positive and skeptical, you know?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
didn't read all 5 pages but....did you get answers from any of those who claim to be aliens on this site, like commander whateverhisnameis?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No, but, I was kinda hoping I would. Still, the participants here were great, insightful with a plethora of opinions. This has not only been informative for me but highly entertaining!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Kojiro:

Happens all the time with all kinds of animals. We cross-pollinate flowers, we breed all manner of animals, wild and domesticated. This is how we got chihuahuas. I know, I was disappointed when I found out they weren't really aliens, too.

Chihuahuas are part human? And dog-breeding is hardly rape when you have both the animals in heat and ready to... y'know....

I also prefer organic plants and vegetables, as Frankenvegies just seem a bit too... questionable in the nutrition department.

Military tribunals concerning genetic modifications. World tribunals for genetic alteration, genetic enhancement, and unethical

My. Point. Exactly.

studies into embryonic development regarding the implementation of non-human genes into humans. Google any one of these, man. If I remember correctly, there's a mad scientist, last seen in Yugoslavia which began his testing in the US. When the funding was cut, he jumped ship and is still at large.

Why did all that happen? Because it was unethical, as you said. And that's the crux of the whole argument I've been making.

Chimps, apes, even dogs can understand our language. They read more than just words, though they do understand a few. They read body language, tension, and desire as well. I've told my dog that going to the vet for a rabies shot wasn't going to hurt. She may not have understood my words, but she understood my intention. While the vet was poking her, she just stared at me with those big brown eyes, hoping I wouldn't leave her. See, we understand THEIR language, too. That being said, we are ALWAYS rewarding good behavior. In our own population as well as that of the animals around us. And we punish for bad behavior too. It's the whole idea of conditioned response.

None of this addressed the pathological lies they tell.

And last: I am American. I am not half-asleep. I am aware.

That's very evident.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The reason ETs and the elite behind world government are connected is because the governments are the dominating authority of the planet - they have the global authority and they have the weapons. If terrestrials travelled to another inhabited world they would have to approach the governing authorities there too.

The rich and the powerful of our planet seek the one thing that they have been unable to attain in spite of all the wealth and power of control possible to cultivate - immortality. For this they would be willing to pay any price as would any one who experiences the limitations of wealth and power. They can reproduce clones of themselves but are unable to transfer their minds into the brains of these clones and secure a form of eternal youth. For this purpose they need advanced scientific and occult knowledge, and when you are ageing and dying time is of the essence. Any one of us if in possession of the same wealth and power which the elite possess would also ask only wish from the genie from the lamp - "give me an undying youthful form!"

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
arrowmancer you did, but you don't realize it, a human with an alien soul.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't understand what you're saying observe50.

Look, there's alot we don't understand. I can understand the hostility and aggression of those who've been abducted. That seems to be the primary characteristic for the abductions. At no time that I can tell did these beings take someone who would be submissive and accepting of the abduction and the violations that then ensued.

There's nothing wrong with being a fighter. But you have to pick your battles. I'd like to hear a story of an abductee that went ape and annihilated their captors. If one were so inclined, there are things that can be done. Unless they can read minds, in which case, an abduction would be pointless.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I don't understand what you're saying observe50.

Look, there's alot we don't understand. I can understand the hostility and aggression of those who've been abducted. That seems to be the primary characteristic for the abductions.

I think they finally started leaving me alone a few years back. I still have nightmares, though.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The answer is painfully obvious.
They are our gods. Of course this is granting that they ARE, in fact, here and mingling with us.

It is the only thing that makes any sense. They have told us that they were leaving for a while, but that they would be back.

They have left us to our own devices, for the most part.
They monitor.

They created us and got us going. Now they are letting us grow our wings and HOPING that we will make the cut.

I don't think they are "cooperating" with the Government. Sure, they may have contact with the Government, but nearly everything I have ever heard from any whistleblower on this subject mentions how they are very UNcooperative. They will talk, if they feel like it. They lie a lot. If they grow tired of questioning, they simply shut up.

Why would they contact the Government? To tell them to prepare the public for their return. Because lets face it, people will be in for one rude awakening if it was just sprung on them.

They could give all the peaceful messages they want, but it would matter none at all if the public isn't preconditioned to their existence. People would flip out. And if it happens tomorrow, people will STILL flip out.

Sure, we like to think that we wouldn't, but I promise you a large portion of the public would lose their minds. Literally.

Does the Government have tech? Sure.
If the Government is the same Government *I* have come to know, they would have told the aliens they wouldn't cooperate unless they told them how to operate their badass craft... and other things.
And the aliens would have given it to them KNOWING that the Government will never use it openly, as it is revolutionary in every way, shape and form.

They may have it, but you'll never see them admit it. Then oil fatcats have lost all of their power.

I would like to think that deep down people know this to be true. Although our rational minds won't allow us to voice it for fear of being labeled insane.

Me? I don't care if people think I'm nuts. So I speak about this all the time. Here and everywhere I go.

PS - I don't think they wipe memories. I think that is a natural defensive mechanism of the human mind. The experience is so shocking and traumatic that you compartmentalize it and forget it.
See project paperclip and mind control. Same concept.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Abductions is something that has always happened since the beginning of time but as evolution preceeds (to slowly as they say) and as Human time passes (and I say "Human time" because the Human species is the only species that uses time) the Human that is taken is realizing this isn't normal.

Example, when I was a child there wasn't the technology that is available today. We played hide and seek, jump rope and hop scotch and when we watched TV we watched Howdy Doody Time, Sally Star and Chief Halftown I never heard anyone ever talk about this subject actually until I was in my 40's It never occurred to me to even mention this to anyone or to talk about it in any way.

As time passed and technology came forward people were able to communicate instantly worldwide and if you saw someone talk about this subject it finally gave you a chance to realize there are others like yourself and you could talk to them.

Some people that are abducted could simply be like myself...... I agreed to come here to help when the time comes and that good Soul was sent here into this (my) Human body I would assume that there are other's like myself but they may not have the recall yet because it is not time for them to have that recall. I have always had that recall.

When we see something that looks different and scary the fear that is built within kicks in just like when you are a child and Halloween comes and the child sees scary monsters. I have dealt with Alien's all my life and to this day it all depends on the situation on whether I feel fear or not. Sometimes I have had fear and discovered it was just me there was nothing to fear I had that fear because of the unknown.

I believe I just gave myself a headache.

There is proof but it is a proof that is not accepted or believed.

Let me throw this out at you.

When a Human dies the Soul within continues on to another existance that existance deals with what the Soul has accomplished in your said Soul life, if you are good and have a good Soul your next existance will be better then this one and so forth if you have been bad.

This is difficult for me to explain and I do apologize if I ran wild but I am passionate about existance, goodness, and life.

This abduction story in this thread should be examined and my heart is with this man because his life has changed forever and he will probably never know why.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by observe50]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join