It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to extraterrestrials... Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Going back and forth through the forums I keep coming up with "I saw this", and "check out this video", and "it's a government cover-up."

I can understand why our governements on earth would try to cover up any dealings they would have with non-terrestrial life forms. I can understand the silencing of information about technologies, possibilities, and inventions that are either inspired by extraterrestrials or designed by them.

What I can't understand is why the extraterrestrials would work in collaboration with the governmental systems of the world. There are thousands of explanations as to what WE are doing working with them... but what is their motivation?

I doubt I'm going to get an ET on ATS to respond to me, but I really would like to know. I'm not sure if I beleive alot of the theory behind abductions, but I do beleive there are extraterrestrials in our universe. Taking into account the simplicity of life and the vastness of everything, to beleive there is no other intelligent life is the height of arrogance to me.

But why not just pop out and go 'BOO!'? "Here we are!"? "I like french fries!"?

Why go through all the effort to remain a secret, keep out of the public eye, work to wipe memories and exert mind-control, leave false information, seduce governments, attack investigators... if they're gonna fly their ships around and play games? What is the friggin point?

What motivation would aliens have to be in league with the gom'nt and not tell John Q. Public about themselves?

Read my sig.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My opinion in short is that ET stays hidden with government knowledge and assistance because ET and government are in it together. Government are in too deep now if the theories of a decades old pact is true and the ET's might have taken advantage of this quandary.

ET also get to do pretty much whatever they like without any oversight and the government gets to keeps any scientific breakthrough/exchanges secret from other governments who are not in on the scam.

It's a win win situation for all concerned... Except us peasants of course, we just get taxed till we bleed by the government and probed by ET.

Then again I am probably completely wrong and I hope I am.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
While I have no reason to believe we have been visited by ET, I think one way to figure out why someone would or would not do something is to put yourself in their place. Say you are an alien, you have been watching the way we behave, the way we treat each other because of minor differences like race,nationality, and religion. Would you not be worried about how we might treat a totally different species? Think about it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm sure if any aliens are working cooperatively on the dark side of things with the gov't then they're not the ones we want to get to know anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
And again, I have to ask WHY.

From what I can tell, every account of human interaction with ETs has show that their technology and intelligence is far superior to our own. What would THEY have to gain from a pact with us primitives? It's not like they would have needed the permission of the authorities to watch us, abduct us, or run experiments on us. As far as I can tell, there is no benefit whatsoever in their making a deal of any kind with us.

Further, why would the government be worried about making a pact or keeping their word? Not due to honor or some other noble attribute, because they break their word to us on a daily basis. The only conclusion is fear. Techonology? Advancement? What would the motivation be to keep things secret? Population control? WHY? What purpose would there be in controlling us? Money? Power? Even the dimmest politician knows that their power resides in the people. That no matter what governmental institution is utilized, it can be reduced to rubble by the people if they want it.

Why would these aliens make a pact with our governments? Wouldn't it have been simpler and more effective to say 'We are here'. and let the public ally themselves on their own? We are curious by our very nature, though we fear what we do not understand, we do everything in our power to understand it.

Why?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Xenophobia is probably a really really touchy subject if thier are aliens out thier are not. Granted it doesent help that our earth culture made movies such as aliens! Something so diffrent will diffently be out of our league of understanding.

Then again, I cant help but look foreward to the movie "planet 51" we're a human is the alien..same situation but the tables have been turned!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
HOw do we know for sure if the ET's are working with the government? Just because they might possibly hold information about them doesn't mean anything. What if all they are holding are dead bodies of some sort? I mean, for all we know the government may have captured and slaughter all of the ET's they've captured. I mean, thats what happens in wars on Earth half the time. The other half are just slaves, and i dont think we have any ET slaves running around, at least not that i know of. We need to LEARN from history, everything repeats itself sooner or later but in different form.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

Dear Arrowmancer

One possibility is we are there descendants and they are merely looking in on us to see how we are making out. Possibly interfering on occasions we have to remember we are very little fish in a very big pond.

They will make themselves known when they want too.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
What would THEY have to gain from a pact with us primitives?

Nothing, and I don't believe they do.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They have made themselves known to us already...the evidence is there, sightnings!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Timing and perception are critical.
I think the aliens and the governments have agreed on a
"Disclosure Date".
It will be a shock but they can't sit on this truth forever.
I think the date is : December 21, 2012
The election will be over.
It will start a new era for mankind.
The very advanced technology will create a large number of jobs.
Earth has a hidden history.
There was life on Earth before Adam & Eve.
Are you ready to hear that truth?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

What would THEY have to gain from a pact with us primitives?

Nothing, and I don't believe they do.

Then why make the pact? IS there a pact? ATS supplies me with more information than I can process at a reasonable rate. By the time I get one aspect of a thing digested, there's four new sides to the issue. In the case of UFO/ET's, I've tried to take a step back and assess it all objectively.

I know SOMETHING happened in Roswell. I know that immediately after that, we in America went through an intense ramp of technological advancement. Which is continuing even to today.

I know that ancient carvings/artistry and stories tell of UFO's. Before any of it was uncovered, people had described ET UFO's in the same manner. It's like digging into the past for verification.

I know that mankind was capable of producing works beyond the limits of their technology and that in each of the cultures which produced those works, there were stories, legends, or media that represented an unknown assistant. (Sometimes depicted as a diety.)

I know that there are VERY credible witness, first hand testimonies, and corroborating evidence that aliens have been here, are here, and have been studied by us.

There's every reason to beleive they have an active interest not just in our planet, but in the citizenry on it. There's enough to speculate on that the governement and aliens are in some type of collaboration. (And I will grant that it is SPECULATION). But it's not like THEY have gone out of their way to conceal themselves from us.

Why? It's driving me NUTS.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That's been done already. Only we have been made to forget it in the many years that have passed from then until now. It was in Washington D.C. in 1952 that for three days ships were seen and monitored over the capital. At the time it was big news. Today it is viewed as a myth even though quality photographs exist from that time.

As for the why you asked. The simple answer is Agendas. The visitors and controlling humans have an agenda at play, a long term one that we have inklings of but little of it is considered real by the vast majority.

This will change soon enough and is slowly changing this year as more people get to see the ships for themselves in the skies over our blue dot world.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

That's been done already.

I laughed so hard imagening a headline saying "Alien appears and shouts that he likes french fries".

LMAO

As for the thread itself, we can only guess, and you must realize one thing that you'll eventually notice here on ATS:

90% of the information is bad information. It's fake, a lie, misunderstood or ignorance.

The 10% is the truth that you must search, and that is enough for you to absorve. Mindblowing, but enough.

As for the reasons for them to have a "pact", they can go from evil to good.

Maybe they are trying to protect us from ourselfs, waiting for us to be "old" and "wise" enough. It's funny that is exactly what we do with our kids.

[edit on 10/9/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Right, it's late and I'm trying to be coherent so bear with me... I do believe in aliens and that we have/are been/being in contact with them - I am also open to the possibility of being wrong on this, it's just my belief, nothing more...
So some points to consider...
* Why would aliens contact our rulers/representatives?

* Would they not spend years/decades observing/researching our power structures/military etc?

* Would they not, if capable of "vast" space travel, easily be able to override any of our defenses?

* If they had "malicious" intent...

* If they had "good" intent...

* They would work in cahoots with our governments

* Just take us all over

* Potential for us (the populace) to be a threat to them

* Are they just "observers" here to say how our "end" plays out?

Personally, I don't know, but my opinion is that we are of research value to them, as we are, with all our emotions, loves/hatres/conflicts etc, I can't comprehend of a malevolent force capable of travelling here from "space" that would just watch and not actually take over by brute force - how could we stop them?

Maybe there's a key in that last line, or maybe (hopefully) they're benign, but then if they're benign, why not intervene and stop some of the horrors that are going on?

...oh, that Star Trek quote.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

That's been done already. Only we have been made to forget it in the many years that have passed from then until now. It was in Washington D.C. in 1952 that for three days ships were seen and monitored over the capital. At the time it was big news. Today it is viewed as a myth even though quality photographs exist from that time.

As for the why you asked. The simple answer is Agendas. The visitors and controlling humans have an agenda at play, a long term one that we have inklings of but little of it is considered real by the vast majority.

This will change soon enough and is slowly changing this year as more people get to see the ships for themselves in the skies over our blue dot world.

YOU SEE?? the evidence that they are here is all around us, we just have to accept it! The government has led us to believe what essentially is a lie, with "myths" and all. The evidence is right under our noses, wake up and smell the coffee....or should i say ET spaceship exhaust

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have avoided this topic for a very specific reason. It makes my brain hurt.

The destruction of the governmental system will be a requirement after full disclosure. There will be no trust in the system. People will feel betrayed and used. And they will be right. It cannot be allowed to stand.

Hiding the truth from the populace is counter-productive. If full disclosure is meant to be a time of harmony and rejoicing, then whoever intends to disclose this info is in for a nasty shock.

There have been more UFO sightings so far this year than all of last year. Still four months to go. It's not as if you can just walk outside, look up and say 'ooh... a ufo.' You have to be lucky at best. It is my opinion that the only way you will ever see a UFO is if a: You have a terrible camera. b: if you have a decent one, you will suddenly develop body chills causing you to shiver uncontrollably, the battery of the camera will die, or you will forget to take the lenscap off. c: you will be absolutely alone or with a complete non-beleiver, and d: you have at one time in your life been classified as 'out there' by someone who will immediately disburse the story to anyone who will listen as soon as you open your mouth about it.

Given the way the human mind works, you would think we would have hardcore conclusive evidence by now. Why haven't we? It isn't for the actions of the Gov... a superior technology and intimate knowledge of the animal of Human would have to in play to weed out the knowledge from an entire planet's population.... the question I'm asking is why? Why would they make themselves known but not anything else? Think they're acting under the Prime Directive?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Looking forward to reading all the responses to this great and insightful question.

Before I do, though, I would like to posit that in the event we are being visited - and in the event that the visitors are in fact capable of traveling the vast distances of space in a "relative" short period of time --- and in the event that they do in fact have vastly superior knowledge and understanding of physics/universal truths (a lot of "ifs", I know), I would simply posit that this is not our visitors' first rodeo. Imagine, if you will, being the visitors watching us right now. "Yeah, boss, these humans are beginning to play with physics. They don't really understand much yet, though. They're still bickering amongst themselves, fighting for resources, mired in meaningless political and religious struggles...kinda like planets e, g, m, n, p, q, s, w, y, and z that we have worked with in the last 3,000 years... Textbook example of budding civilization that is just not quite ready for us yet...We'll get them there though, boss, don't worry..."

We are still such newbies. I would imagine that contact requires an extensive checklist being completed first...and I don't imagine that we can be viewed - as a species - as ready to take the next step. "Yeah, Mr. President - these guys have interplanetary travel, unlimited access to resources, and a wealth of technology that is simply amazing. We have to figure out a way to get our hands on it to enrich ourselves and bolster our current worldly hegemonic position...and once we get our hands on some of this technology, maybe we can conquer these aliens like we did the Americas..."

I suspect we're just ready yet...

Edit: forgot to mention -- s/f for you!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Yukitup]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There are thousands of explanations as to what WE are doing working with them... but what is their motivation?

are you aware of what is required to transmit any information with the past or current time?

earth is being held captive by flawed logic (computer virus of the brain) in order to serve encrypting and encoding language with intimate knowledge of future events. or perhaps not, but the future is encrypted and encoded into your language none the less. we aliens find this information useful and entertaining at times, but how long will humanity permit itself to be held captive while transmitting from the future????

I doubt I'm going to get an ET on ATS to respond to me, but I really would like to know.

anything is possible. besides, what is doubt anyways? perhaps you live in a realm where life itself from all over has already determined that there is enough conflict for life to extend more conflict on top of it. besides, is conflict anything more than a failure to communicate properly?

ok. BOO! here we are. i like french fries! oh, and by the way ...

i looked at a flat world map lately and saw that the entire west coast of the entire continents of north and south america so closely resemble the profile of an ape looking eastward that i wondered ....

what are the odds that a flat world map reveals the face of a primate, the dominant species on the planet, without some intelligence being responsible for it being there?

what statistical probability is that? what numbers would one punch into what equation to figure out those odds???

perhaps the easier question is "what's the highest number?"

Why go through all the effort to remain a secret

secret = seek writ

do you know when a soul dies and witnesses it's life pass before it's eyes it witnesses it's experiences in reverse, to include sounds, language ...

eden = edun
edun [mirror] nude

boots [mirror] stood

a collective subconscious is responsible for encrypting and encoding everything ....

#1 cause of air pollution .... automobiles ...
"see i fart" = "c i fart"
cifart [mirror] trafic = traffic

why is humanity doing this???

What is the friggin point?

we don't know if we want to figure that out for you.

i hope these responses have been helpful

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by soul of integrity

I would love to respond to your post with a sound and reasoned argument, but honestly it's not worth it. I like the flimsy idioms and crowbar/spelling logic it's what makes me chuckle about ATS and as well totally despair.

Please elaborate and describe your indigo (small I) background and your relative experiences that relate to this thread.

Alternately, just please crowbar in some number puzzles that only work if you slightly alter the mathmetics, or perhaps some studies of plate-tectonics that might explain how the Earth does monkey faces, hey whilst you're at it, I'd be very interested in knowing exactly what the meaning behind Italy is, also Australia - I have some theories about the shapes of these geographical areas that I'm sure you could help with.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join