It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Haha the Founding Fathers did A LOT more than that to each other during their time. I think there should be more shouting and yelling short of physical violence. I think it's good for the human spirit and good for America. We've become such emotional PC robots in this country. Nobody has any passion, anger, energy anymore. Maybe if Congress yelled at each other a little more and yelled at the President none of them would feel like elitist scum thinking they can get away with whatever they want to. Screw decorum WE NEED CHANGE!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Can you say nutcase?

When Obama explicitly states that illegal immigrants will not be covered by insurance, there is no, "you lie."

They will not be covered for insurance.

Can you point me to the section in HR3200 specifically prohibiting illegals from being covered?

Can you point me that says it won't?

Though, here is the thing, Steve.

If you are here illegally, that is, if you are not able to present evidence that you came into this country through legal means, you will not be given insurance.

This is already how it is with illegal immigrants and health care. Current law states that illegal immigrants are not able to get it.

It'll be the same for the new bill.

Though, and President Obama has said this, I wouldn't have a problem with an exception to children of illegal immigrants.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
reply to post by crimvelvet

He was clarifying what he wants to see -IN- a bill. He also went on to say he has already received four PROPOSED bills. A proposed bill is not a final bill by any means.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by xmaddness]

i think whats incredibly sad is nobody is asking the most important question...

does the federal goverment have the constitutional authority to create a national healthcare plan ?

the answer is no

the 10th amendment says that unless the constitutionn specifically grants the feds a power, it doesnt have it. that power belongs to the states and to the people.

so honestly who cares whats in the healthcare plan. The feds dont have the authority to implement it

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by mental modulator

I believe that the approval numbers for congress and Obama speak for themselves.

We are not talking about ufo's or . . . mental modulators.

we are talking about a hot button issue.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

Thats where your politics are miss calculated, you guys have tossed off all your
heaviest ammo in the beginning...

You put to much faith in the polls, right now is the end of the Palin roll out period, where the constant upping of nutty claims will start to alienate hurt the cause. Problem is you guys are gonna have to invent more material to match the HITLER claims for the foreseeable future, I would say you guys have nearly exhausted your supply.

I think you guys played this game to fast to short

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iago18
Here's a link to the video:

"You Lie"

Bravo Mr. Wilson. Bravo.

Note the anger in Obama and Pelosi. Really, Obama recovers quickly, but Pelosi looked like she wanted to jump down and eviscerate Mr. Wilson.

Guess who won't be going on their own private Gulfstream back and forth to their District. Her look was almost worth it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

does the federal goverment have the constitutional authority to create a national healthcare plan ?

the answer is no

Actually, that is your interpretation and not that I don't agree with it. But if a healthcare bill passes, it is legally a law until the Supreme court declares it unconstitutional.

Now, what are the odds of the Supreme Court taking up this issue?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

And another star for you. This had not even occurred to me. Thanks for pulling the wool back some more.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I listened to the video posted above by Iago18, and it sounds as if someone says "you lie" in the middle of the applause, as well.
I can't tell if it's the same voice though.

On another note, I applaud this Congressman's comment.

I reluctantly voted for Bush in '04, and early into that term, would have applauded anyone who called him a liar as well.

They are all liars, and until the American people can stop blindly supporting "they're team", right or wrong, we're fubar'd.

The only mindset that will save this once great nation is an Us vs. Them mentality.

Us being the American people and Them being the criminals currently running this country.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Repost of video:

and this wonderful FOXNews Picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8c6cd629863c7a30.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit:
Is this-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4fcd3a16eba4a62e.jpg[/atsimg]

Becoming this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ee347ca52a8859ec.jpg[/atsimg]

From tonight:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/eac048628ab57465.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Iago18]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

the answer is no

Actually, that is your interpretation and not that I don't agree with it. But if a healthcare bill passes, it is legally a law until the Supreme court declares it unconstitutional.

Now, what are the odds of the Supreme Court taking up this issue?

actually there is another way to fight this.

The States can simply not implement the healthcare plan within their border. Its already happening with other federal laws that the states either dont have the money to enforce or have a state law that conflicts (like medical marijuana) with fed law.

There are several states now with legislation pending or already passed reminding the feds that the 10th amendment gives the states power over all things not specifically granted to the federal goverment.

This is how we can win folks. get your state to fight back against the feds. the states can implement their own education system, the fed dept of education is unconstitutional. the states can regulate their own citizens' firearms, the feds again dont have that authority.

Montana for example is telling the federal goverment they cant regulate firearms in their territory.

several years back colorado was considering withholding gax tax revenue from the feds because of violations of the 10th amendment.

many states stood up to the feds and said no to the national id card. some because they couldnt afford it, others correctly asserted that the feds didnt have the constitutional right to do this (my state was one of them, i was so proud)

Nothing in the constitution grants the feds the power to regulate marijuana or anything else we want to ingest either. That power belongs to the states and they know it. why do yu think states are stepping up and saying we're going to legalize medical marijuana ? because they know they have the right to do so and the feds are wrong.

the feds are corrupt. we all know this. no "change" is ever going to come from the feds or the courts. its up to the states to stand up and say enough

[edit on 9-9-2009 by admriker444]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by admriker444]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The speech was a sales pitch, and watching the can of worms all clapping and rubbing against themselves in their fine clothes, receiving their fine health care and fine salaries and lifetime pensions and benefits was just disgusting. Just like any other crime, follow the money up or down, who makes out and who's going to pay for all of this? I havent seen this government make a profit in my 50 years on this planet. Ive seen people with influence make tons of cash on the problems that governments either create or participate in, but to actually start a program, a beneficial program, and make a profit, please someone tell me which one and when it was created? I'm Glad he was shouted at and distracted, and Pelosi, how much more can a person look removed from real life and real people? Freedom isnt doing whatever you want to do, Freedom is NOT doing what you dont want to do. I DONT want to be forced to buy something I dont want, follow the money, Someone a few posts back said something about a catastrophe in washington may be the only answer, I say maybe ALL those sitting in either the house or the senate just need voted out, purge the system, but from what I see, not enough people are involved in their government, not enough TELL the lawmakers what they want, so, until then, we will be TOLD what we WANT.
COMMON SENSE, its missing in our government.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Now that reminded me of 1776..
A room full of guys yelling at one another...
I don't mind it at all...They should have heckled that idiot Bush too.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I agree we don't need healthcare in America, Fight HEALTHCARE!!!

[edit on 9-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I find what the congressman inappropriate, but it is justified.

I have been unable to watch any of these speeches for the last 20+ years due to all of the applause.

So if we are going to allow one side of the aisle or the other to applaud every 20 seconds why isn't it OK for someone to yell their disapproval.

I personally find both things wrong.

I think the title of President deserves respect regardless of the fact if I agree with him or not. I find both the applause and the yelling of comments disrespectful to the office.

Yelling out just makes the common folk seem like Yokels and gives MSGLTNBC fodder to make fun of us.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Mr wilson can also expect an Irs audit and a visit by the Truth Squad. Props to the guy for having the stones to stand up against the leftist mafia.

He may be the "president" but not my president. He is only a shill for the PTB.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Good to see things are actually traveling upstream.
Obama thought he was going to a press conference but instead it looks like he went to a town hall meeting.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

There are several states now with legislation pending or already passed that states the 10th amendment gives the states power over all things not specifically granted to the federal goverment.

Were these actual legislation or just feel good resolutions?

I find it hard to trust my state reps who wine and dine with my federal reps. Notice how states always scream uncle the moment they have a natural disaster.

Now if states started taking their concerns about 10th amendment infringement to the courts, I would feel more confident in their ability to ignore the Fed.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Can you say nutcase?

When Obama explicitly states that illegal immigrants will not be covered by insurance, there is no, "you lie."

They will not be covered for insurance.

Can you point me to the section in HR3200 specifically prohibiting illegals from being covered?

Can you point me that says it won't?

Though, here is the thing, Steve.

If you are here illegally, that is, if you are not able to present evidence that you came into this country through legal means, you will not be given insurance.

This is already how it is with illegal immigrants and health care. Current law states that illegal immigrants are not able to get it.

It'll be the same for the new bill.

Though, and President Obama has said this, I wouldn't have a problem with an exception to children of illegal immigrants.

They would be covered under the public option. If a specific group is not excluded in a piece of legislation, that are included in it. You may want to read this section -

SEC. 202. EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS.

(a) Access to Coverage- In accordance with this section, all individuals are eligible to obtain coverage through enrollment in an Exchange-participating health benefits plan offered through the Health Insurance Exchange unless such individuals are enrolled in another qualified health benefits plan or other acceptable coverage.

link

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
YOU LIE! YOU LIE! YOULIE! YOU LIE!

keep playing that segment over and over again, and just watch the VP and pelosis faces when he says that. hahaha priceless.

THANK YOU FOR THAT!

At least he didnt get a shoe thrown at him. Think of the anger from the left if that happened. Yet instead, someone calls the President out, and hes now the bad guy.
Ill tell you who the bad guys are...they are the ones who are trying to ram this down the American peoples throats.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sort of reminds me of this episode

looks at those nasty DOW numbers - Damn Obama

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join