It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'If you misrepresent what's in the plan, we will call you out'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c2002623065.jpg[/atsimg]

I would hasten to remind the president that he misrepresented his vaporous "plan" during his own staged town hall meeting, when he repeatedly told seniors across America that the AARP was "on board" with ObamaCare.

The AARP was not "on board" with ObamaCare.

The AARP denied being "on board" with ObamaCare in a press release immediately after the president's claim was broadcast across the country.

So, President Obama lied coming right out of the gate on healthcare.

Why the hell do you think the Democrats all tittered "Hee Hee Hee" when the president said there were still a few details to wrap up.

This guy, Barry-O, lies like a dog. He lies walking. He lies running. The sonofabitch probably lies in his sleep.

And then he has the unmitigated gall to threaten those who "misrepresent what's in the plan"...

There are no verification measures in Obama's "plan" to keep illegal aliens from signing up. No background check, no nothing. Anybody, from any country can sign up for ObamaCare. And we pay for it. How do you like that?

So, when Obama said, last night, that this plan would not cover illegal aliens, one guy jumped up and called the president's bluff.

You Lie!

I'll be interested to see who is apologizing to whom about this time next year, after the bill is rammed through Congress by the Democrats, and the rotting, fetid innards of it come spilling out for all to see.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wouldn't want to misrepresent stuff like this..
Line 2

1) Section 1833 of such Act (42 U.S.C. 10
1395l(m)) is amended by redesignating paragraph
(4) as paragraph (5) and by inserting after para-
graph (3) the following new paragraph:
‘‘(4) The provisions of this subsection shall not be
taken into account in applying subsections (m) or (u) and
any payment under such subsections shall not be taken
into account in computing payments under this sub-
section.’’.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The illegal issue comes with the facts that many goes to the emergency shows a SS card and get medical care pay by Medicaid, usually no questions are asked as the validity of their identifications.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Well no necessarily, if you are to get health care mandatory, just like you do in order to drive a car, do you see any improvement of coverage from car insurance?

They are still gouging the consumer and giving you a hell of a time when you have a claim.

Health care will still be in the hands of the same greedy people that runs private insurance they will still be doing what they do best screw the consumer.

I can not wait for the different packages they will be putting out there for those that are less fortunate and can not pay for a "full coverage", you know like car insurance liabilities, full coverage and partial coverage, coallition and many others, I can even see a version of road assistance in the name of abulance services

Give corrupted corporate a door and they find a way, taking into consideration the lack of regulations in this nation they private insurance will become very crafty on the products they will offer.

They now will have the full endorsement of government because health insurance will be mandatory.

See the job of the present administration is to shove a reform but after they get their bill pass they are not going follow up on what goes on just like they do with all the bills they have shove up our butts that required a mandate.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Deny the ignorant thought that someone should not be allowed to strike back at someone who is denouncing their plan...

Yes I am Denying the Ignorance. I read the entire post that goes through the bill at ATS: Let's discuss what's in the Health Care Bill

I am also VERY familiar with President Clinton's sell out of the US Farmer and the World's Poor when he had the CEO of Monsanto as his Senior Foreign Trade Advisor and the World Trade Organization was ratified. The sell out has continued through Bush and Obama. The Democrats are not the champions of the little guy they have betrayed us. The US government through the USDA Allowed ConAgra to Poison Americans with Tainted Meat

Stanley Painter, Chairman of The National Joint Council of Food Inspection Local Unions, testified Before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. He statements showed how the USDA was allowing large Corporations to poison Americans with no penalties, and Inspectors who complained, including himself were punished. His testimony fell on deaf ears. Despite two Congressional Investigations, instead of arrests, we now have legislation designed by the Ag/pharma Cartel to remove ALL competition pass the House and comming up for vote in the Senate.

No I have not done the in-depth study of Health Care that I did with the "Food Safety -Anti Farmer" bills. However Clinton, a puppet for the Ag/pharma Cartel pushed this just as he pushed the ratification of WTO and now that it is back my bull Sh*! alarm is shrieking. The Anti-food Safety bills speeding through Congress are sufficent proof that this administration is firmly in the pocket of the Ag/Pharma Cartel

I suggest you click on the highlighted words - the likelihood you will see a corporate orchestrated, world wide famine with sky-rocketing food prices, is a better bet than the likelihood of seeing a decent health care system in the USA

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Well said my friend, many people still doesn't get in their minds that nothing done in this nations is for the benefit of the American people, history doesn't lie, government is run by big interest and they are not in for helping the needy they are all for the money, our tax payer money, people needs to think how car insurance rammed into our butts along with many other insurance that are mandatory by government works, the only ones that benefit from all this are exactly the same crocks we are supposed to fight for health care, the private insurance, still They are the ones holding the winning cards.

Pity.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Insurance companies will refuse to have you sign on because of pre-conditions, correct?

NOT correct!

You've NEVER read an insurance policy, have you?

"Pre-existing" conditions are not covered if not disclosed. Those that are disclosed ARE COVERED after a period of non-treatment, usually 1 or 2 years, but up to 5.

You can still be insured for any other illness, just not the ones you've been sick for and are still treating for.

Do you really expect any third party to agree to pay your expenses if you are CERTAIN to need it and know it before you ask them to commit? Even the government?

"Hey, Obama, I'm going to be a professional smoking, obese, bull rider." "And I've got a bleeding ulcer." "Insure me at the same cost as the nuns at St. Marks, OK?"

Do you even think about what you are saying?

The PEC exclusion exists to prevent fraud, verify the "risk" being insured, and determine future exposure as best as is possible.

The only people who get "bit" by the PEC are the ones who lied and said they were well when they knew they were not.

If you got diagnosed a few years ago but haven't received care or treatment, then you are a "safe" bet for the insurer to account for. If you lie, you die.

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is one of the most negative a rediculous threads I have seen other than a few others I have read the past couple days. All doom and gloom and nothing positive ever...

I think he is a great speaker... and if you don't remember there isn't even an official bill yet. chill out...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

1) Section 1833 of such Act (42 U.S.C. 10
1395l(m)) is amended by redesignating paragraph
(4) as paragraph (5) and by inserting after para-
graph (3) the following new paragraph:
‘‘(4) The provisions of this subsection shall not be
taken into account in applying subsections (m) or (u) and
any payment under such subsections shall not be taken
into account in computing payments under this sub-
section.’’.

Those must be the "details to be ironed out" that had the Democrats all giggly-wiggly last night. More than likely, the Dems have crammed a trillion dollars worth of rotting pork into the thing, and in six months it's gonna explode its stinking guts all over the headlines — AFTER it's already been railroaded through Congress.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 9/10/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

It doesn't matter, the government health care reform will be passed before the year ends, do you remember when was the last time the government ask anybody in this nation to vote for something?

Or ask for opinions? and follow up on the majority?

Well remember the bail outs and guess what we didn't have a voice in the matter.

This is the biggest "accomplishment of the Democrat" they have been at it since Clinton this bill will pass.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

However, that still won't help those that have the major issues that can come up like cancer treatments or organ transplants and so on. Or the emergency treatments from accidents and such that require a massive amount of surgery. Sure, your option works for the everyday situation but not for the high impact unforeseen situations.

My "option" accounts for that as well.

There should be a "risk pool" (very common in insurance industry) into which certain claims are placed and "rated." Insurance cos., employers, and yes, even the Gov't. would pay into the pools.

Smoking skydivers? Into one pool.

Families with w/children, nuns and SWFs, over here.

Catastrophic illness and accidents could still be covered by "excess" insurance supported by the members of the risk class and the above third-parties.

Do you expect to face the same risks, or to pay the same costs, as a crack-smoking, obese, skydiving prostitute?

Should you pay the same for coverage?

To the extent that society is willing to permit smoking obsese skydiving prostitutes to exist, then society (i.e., the rest of us, thru the gov't.) should pay for their care.

Very simple really.

jw

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Well said, I can not wait to see the "crafty ways" the private insurance will be finding to gouge the consumer. But hey you still will be covered by mandate but you will have to pay the fees or be penalized if you chose not to get insurance.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

reply to post by jdub297

Actually, the government's plan will help you if you have pre-existing conditions, Jdub.

You answered my question, thank you...

Why should a third party pay for something IF YOU NEED IT...

Wonderful, you're really a good person...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I just don't like the attitude he has that no matter what the people say he is going to pass this bill. WE THE PEOPLE! Not all hail Obama..

The voice of the people matter.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Can you tell us please what government plan is that? because the last time I check that was call public option and that is only to serve the small percentage in the nation that doesn't work or are needy,

No everybody will be in that Public option if you work you will not qualify, now so call incentives will be given for those that the government will deem in extreme circumstances.

So far the Public option is still been considered.

Obama said that he will wait to see if the Insurance will follow up with the first part of the health care reform before the public option is considered.

Because the governemnt already have a public option is call medicare and medicaid.

So I wonder.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The voice of the people matter, but making inflammatory statements is not voicing your opinion...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And I would love to see a public option.

God help whoever thought leaving health care in the hands of corporate moguls was going to be a smart idea...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I know, I agree with you, we need to get rid of Medicare and Medicaid and get a workable dependable public option.

But I don't held my hopes very hight my friend, everything government do with corporate at their backs turn into ca-ca.

See Bush during his presidency make a pack with big pharma when he was doing his Medicare reform, remember the plan A and B, well that is nothing but a fiasco, specially for the elderly.

Obama had many close doors meeting (so much for transparency) before and after he became president, with big pharm and private insurance companies.

I don't trust anything anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
God help whoever thought leaving health care in the hands of corporate moguls was going to be a smart idea...

Oh, yeah! Better that we leave it in the capable hands of a bunch of people who voted for the invasion of Iraq and have poured billions into that war for the last 6 years!

THOSE are the people I want to skillfully steal MY money and pour it into

ANOTHER MONEY PIT!

People, Obama is nothing but a hood ornament, a mouthpiece.
He's harmless as well as useless.

>> Congress Is The Problem

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
The voice of the people matter, but making inflammatory statements is not voicing your opinion...

Oh yeah? According to who?

Who decides whats inflammatory and whats voicing opinion?
An opinion can be inflammatory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join