It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'If you misrepresent what's in the plan, we will call you out'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Well with your big letters I guess you will get through some people because my nice way of posting (I think) doesn't that is what I am telling everybody, Mandatory health care is nothing but a big power grab.

At least I used how the car insurance work that was nothing but a power grab when it was passed.

But many never understand what mandatory is, until it comes knocking their doors.

This no by any chance regulating the private health insurance but giving them power over the tax payer

[edit on 10-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by Mak Manto
The voice of the people matter, but making inflammatory statements is not voicing your opinion...

Oh yeah? According to who?

Who decides whats inflammatory and whats voicing opinion?
An opinion can be inflammatory.

I didn't say that you can't say it. By all means, say it, but President Obama has every right then to strike back at these comments.

It's not a one way street, Digital.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Obama's PhRMA deal

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Yes I knew about that littler bit of information, because he was at it right after he was elected president.

So many deceptions. . .

Who is you daddy Obama, well taking into consideration that the biggest campaign payers are Oil companies, Big pharma and Insurance companies, we all know who is going to be getting favors with the health care bill.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
love this one, If you are going to punish corporations because they are gouging the consumer then why you have meetings with them before passing reform?

Ralph Nader: “You do not cut deals with the system that has to be replaced”

“You Do Not Cut Deals with the System that Has to Be Replaced”: Ralph Nader on Secret White House Agreements with the Drug Industry

Because you are not doing any of the above.

The Obama administration admitted last week it promised to oppose proposals to let the government negotiate drug prices and extract additional savings from drug companies. In return, drug companies reportedly pledged to reduce costs by up to $80 billion. The White House has tried to back off the reported agreements, but the drug industry says it expects the White House to uphold its pledge. We speak to former presidential candidate and longtime consumer advocate Ralph Nader.

www.greenchange.org...

Deceptions and we all going to be affected by this corrupted entities.

While much of the media coverage has focused on right-wing criticism of the bill, there is also growing concern by advocates of reform that the Obama administration secretly made concessions to the healthcare industry and drug companies.

A recent article in Business Week was titled “The Health Insurers Have Already Won.” The piece details how UnitedHealth and rival carriers have maneuvered behind the scenes in Washington and shaped healthcare reform for their own benefit.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well with your big letters I guess you will get through some people because my nice way of posting (I think) doesn't

Yes, my letters are quite large, aren't they? They're big, MANLY letters.

I like your posting just fine, but it took me a few moments to figure out your avatar. Heh, for the last 30 minutes or so, I thought it was an origami rabbit or something. Then I realized, wow, it's not a rabbit.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Usually, American politicians are not surprised by opposition. Calling people liars and threatening to call people out is weird.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Warrenb: I have some questions for you.

1. are you against providing the less fortunate and lower income earners with healthcare?

2. is it the system being proposed by Obama you don't like?

3. Is there a universal healthcare system that you would accept?

4. Is it OK that healthcare is only for the rich while the less fortunate can go f--k themselves?

5. is it fair that an average income earner should face bankruptcy because of hospital bills?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Read these posts to answer your questions

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Read these posts to answer your questions

Read them, but didn't seem to find the answers.

I think this opposition is driven by the insurance companies that have raked it billions over the years, and they fear they will loose some of the market share. I see nothing wrong with government healthcare options, and say to hell with the big insurance companies. I've heard too many horror stories about insurance companies refusing to pay hospital bills and families going bankrupt as a result. The Canadian system is much better. I haven't had to pay a hospital or medical bill ever....I don't even have to think about it. The only reason you don't have a similar or better universal healthcare system is because of fear, greed, and uncompassionate conservatism.

Flame away.

[edit on 10/9/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Actually, the government's plan will help you if you have pre-existing conditions, Jdub.

And YOU will pay for it.

I'm going to go enter the crack smokers' Twinkie-eating, whiskey guzzling, motorcycle race right now.

You'll pay if I get hurt, right?

Send me an address for the bill, just in case.

jw

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
The Canadian system is much better. I haven't had to pay a hospital or medical bill ever....I don't even have to think about it.

The Canadian health care collapse
thecitysquare.blogspot.com...

oh, and thank goodness you have people who smoke and are willing to pay the ridiculous prices. $12 roughly for a 25 pack of cigarettes is what keeps the health care floating.

If everyone quit tomorrow you'd have no health care.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The Canadian system is much better. I haven't had to pay a hospital or medical bill ever....I don't even have to think about it.

The Canadian health care collapse
thecitysquare.blogspot.com...

oh, and thank goodness you have people who smoke and are willing to pay the ridiculous prices. $12 roughly for a 25 pack of cigarettes is what keeps the health care floating.

If everyone quit tomorrow you'd have no health care.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by warrenb]

That's one view.

Who's behind that view and what do they have to gain or loose? Remember, follow the money.

Universal healthcare is a noble cause.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Is it fair that someone who works hard and does the right things in life has to pay for the health care of people who do not? Or to pay for illegal aliens that are here working tax free and sending money home instead of contributing to the system?

Sure not everyone without insurance is a lowlife underachiever but is it realistic to think we can all get free health care? Someone has to pay for it and it will be the middle class that gets hit the hardest.

If this passes the poor will still not get the health care they need. They will get the health care that the government thinks they need. When the government thinks they need it. There is a big difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Mak Manto

Actually, the government's plan will help you if you have pre-existing conditions, Jdub.

And YOU will pay for it.

I'm going to go enter the crack smokers' Twinkie-eating, whiskey guzzling, motorcycle race right now.

You'll pay if I get hurt, right?

Send me an address for the bill, just in case.

jw

I don't have a problem with a national tax that everyone has to help out and pay for health care.

With a non-profit organization, this would be a good thing.

Insurance companies are bad, seeing much of the money they take out is for profit alone.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes.
I completely agree.
However what do you have to give up in order to receive it? In Canada not much right? Just a large chunk of your salary...say 40%?

The problem with the US bill is that it takes away freedoms and gives more powers to the IRS and big pharma to do things and make decisions you have no control over.

Comparing the US bill with the Canadian system is like comparing apples and oranges. In the end they are both fruit but have completely different genetics (contents). The only thing free about US health care is in the label..."Free health care".

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Is it fair that someone who works hard and does the right things in life has to pay for the health care of people who do not?

Absolutley not. Which exemplifies the need for education....which should also be freely available to anyone that wants it.

Or to pay for illegal aliens that are here working tax free and sending money home instead of contributing to the system?

Absolutley not. But these are not reasons to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Sure not everyone without insurance is a lowlife underachiever but is it realistic to think we can all get free health care? Someone has to pay for it and it will be the middle class that gets hit the hardest.

I can think of worse things the middle class pays for.....like the huge costs of invading other countries.

If this passes the poor will still not get the health care they need. They will get the health care that the government thinks they need. When the government thinks they need it. There is a big difference between the two.

Who told you that? Show me the proof.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yes.
I completely agree.
However what do you have to give up in order to receive it? In Canada not much right? Just a large chunk of your salary...say 40%?

The problem with the US bill is that it takes away freedoms and gives more powers to the IRS and big pharma to do things and make decisions you have no control over.

Comparing the US bill with the Canadian system is like comparing apples and oranges. In the end they are both fruit but have completely different genetics (contents). The only thing free about US health care is in the label..."Free health care".

Ok, so you are not against universal healthcare.....good....that's what I wanted to know.

Thank you. I think it would have been a lot better for people to put forward their ideas on how to make the proposed system better, rather than trashing it. I suspect a lot of the trashing of it is because conservative types are still sour mouthed because they lost the election.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

That wasn't nice, I am a girl you know.

Anyway, I follw the same sentiments of warrenb, when it comes to the health care reform.

Warrenb: I have some questions for you.

1. are you against providing the less fortunate and lower income earners with health care?

2. is it the system being proposed by Obama you don't like?

3. Is there a universal health care system that you would accept?

4. Is it OK that health care is only for the rich while the less fortunate can go f--k themselves?

5. is it fair that an average income earner should face bankruptcy because of hospital bills?

1- I think public option with the reform of Medicare and Medicaid will cover the ones that doesn't work or needy, right now no even under any of the bills proposed these sector of the population are getting anything yet.

2- I also don't agree with what Obama is proposing because the public option is not considered until the bill is passed.

3- None of the bills propose an universal health care bill, Big pharma and private insurance are making sure of that, not free care, but reform to force people to pay for any insurance that is offered, and this falls nicely into the hands of private insurance

4- Sorry but that is not true, we pay for Medicaid and Medicare for the poor and needy, I am no rich but I have insurance and is just fine, but hell I will love to see something that actually help hard working Americans, control of private insurance and not something rammed up my butt mandatory.

5- I agree that nobody should be facing bankruptcy bills because health care bills, that is unacceptable.

The end result of all that is been proposed is nothing than power grab by insurance to force Americans tax payer to pay for private insurance as the public option is still Medicare and Medicaid because Obama is not even considering the public option in the bill yet, he wants to ram whatever bill regardless of consequences.

BTW health care reform doesn't mean free and will not be free either.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I guess Obama will soon be calling himself out seeing as how he lied about what's in his bill.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join